This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Very nice to see G2 Megs has a fully black Fusion Cannon. If I got him I'd swap this Fusion Cannon with the standard TR Megatron's Fusion Cannon; putting the Titan Master seat gun or the main Fusion Cannon piece on G2 Megatron's shoulder.

At some point I just need to remember to buy some glossy black spray paint and paint the seat gun of my regular voyager Megatron.

True :lol: Though at least this is convenient if you happened to want both figures.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Stealth Claw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:08 am

Motto: ""I will defend the universe from the tyranny of the decepticons, and the autobot elite guard, and for the honor of the VDMA Brotherhood.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
These figures look great, however I'm disappointed with the movie bonecrusher since I want a voyager movie bonecrusher.
Stealth Claw
Minibot
Watch Stealth Claw on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertroian Stealth Jet
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Megatron's Partner Drone is colored like Noble/Savage! That is AMAZING! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 am

... oh my god, G2 Megatron comes with Savage Noble.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Windblade looks great, I'll definitely try and get her. Proper sword and Targetmaster? Count me in!

Megatron looks awesome- I'm not sure if I like him enough to get him but he looks cool as hell.

The clones, eh. I really don't care about the clones.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 am

So, these full leaks.

G2 Megatron - especially with his tank and jet mode - are full-blown 90s awesomeness. The good kind, not the Liefeld kind. Savage Noble and a completely black fusion cannon are just the cherries on top, and I really like that Titan Master!

The Decepticon Clones look decent; not a long shot from the Hasbro ones so the only real significant thing is that you get both in a 2-pack. Their beast modes are way cooler than the Autobot Clones' vehicle modes so I'd prefer 'em.

MY. GIRL. WINDBLADE.
-Comes with her actual sword!
-Comes with what honestly looks like the best Targetmaster yet!
-Still has that beautiful facesculpt and paint!
-Her cockpit looks extremely angry and that's friggin' hilarious!

I guess this is the hidden blessing of Wave 5 refusing to come out in the UK. I so, so, so want her :x
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Relic0037 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Did we find out the size of G2 Megatron....or the class equivalent?
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Relic0037 wrote:Did we find out the size of G2 Megatron....or the class equivalent?

He's voyager class, the exact same toy we got from hasbro.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:48 am

Relic0037 wrote:Did we find out the size of G2 Megatron....or the class equivalent?

He's the Titans Return Voyager Blitzwing/Megatron mold. Take a look at my signature to see :D
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:50 am

No! the cannon goes on the shoulder for G2 Megatron! They're doing it wrong! Rrraarrrrrr :-(
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Does windblade come with Pinpointer? If so does this mean that we're not getting the other Autobot targetmasters anytime soon?
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

steals_your_goats wrote:Does windblade come with Pinpointer? If so does this mean that we're not getting the other Autobot targetmasters anytime soon?
Seeing as how Titans Return is ending with Slugslinger as the final 1987 Targetmaster character to be released, I'd say the ship has sailed for any 1987 Autobot Targetmasters.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:07 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Sabrblade wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Does windblade come with Pinpointer? If so does this mean that we're not getting the other Autobot targetmasters anytime soon?
Seeing as how Titans Return is ending with Slugslinger as the final 1987 Targetmaster character to be released, I'd say the ship has sailed for any 1987 Autobot Targetmasters.

While true for the Hasbro side of things it didn't necessarily mean anything for Takara. We've seen Takara do their own thing before like God Bomber and all the targetmaster molds in legends, all the extra heads used in unite warriors plus the new molds and toolings that Hasbro didn't do, and basically the entirely of the masterpiece line. So, for me at least, there was still a small glimmer of hope.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am

I re-iterate because I can't stop pulling out this dumb theory -- Crosshairs could be done from Kup, Pointblank could be a fairly extensive retool of Hot Rod, and Sureshot would be the only new mold they'd need to do. If Takara took the initiative and done them on their own, I wouldn't be awfully surprised. I'd be extremely happy and would be surprised to some extent, but not awfully.
And then Hasbro could release all three in a Platinum set later so Brand Awareness under capitalism can continue.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby shajaki » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Megatron, super bummed. He's not green. They went with purple, and not even enough of it! He's way too grey/silver. Savage/Noble is enough on its own to save this figure though :x

Windy looks great! TM is awesome And thank God she's not getting those awful Hasbro swords!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 am

I really, really love Windblade so I decided to do a comparison. Aside from, obviously, the weapons; there are very little differences between Hasbro and Takara Windblade in robot mode. A little shoulder detailing there, a bit of blue on the knees here; nothing to write home about. But it's the jet where things really get different.

The back of the jet is pretty much the same thing, but the fans on the wings are now transparent or white (yay!) and the cockpit is VERY different. The nosecone is now almost completely white, while the cockpit window is transparent blue instead of yellow and there's some odd yellow stripes added below it which makes her jet mode oddly look like it's very angry at something. Probably at her portrayal in Machinima CW. I don't mind it, it kinda looks hilarious and it's the robot mode and accessories that matter more to me at the end of the day :)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:35 am

I really want that Megatron and Windblade. Both are pretty sweet.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 am

That's totally Pinpointer that Windblade comes with.

And I think... I think the head and neck of Megatron's Partner Drone in its dragon mode are colored more like Transmetal 2 Megatron than Savage, as Savage didn't have a gold neck.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 am

Ah, what the hell; robot mode comparison.

Takara Windblade is the more accurate one -- but only just barely. Like I said, there are very, very minor differences in robot mode. TL pretty much just makes the shoulders completely black and adds in some blue knee detailing, which is more accurate, but only like 2% more than TR. There's also still a couple minor inaccuracies -- the edge of the wings and the middle section of her chest should be black.
Didn't bother comparing other incarnations because she's not meant to be the RiD 2015 character; we know already that as soon as this figure comes out the Legends comic character is going to look exactly like her; Earth Wars is based directly on the T30/earlier Legends figure; and Machinima is bad.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Relic0037 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Kurona wrote:

He's the Titans Return Voyager Blitzwing/Megatron mold. Take a look at my signature to see :D

Ok, thanks. I looked up the price on BBTS after my post & it looks to be the price they are charging for Voyager sized :TAKARATOMY: figures these days. I wasn't planning on picking him up at first, but since I have a Lazer Prime from that Velocitron set, I might go ahead & get one & start a G2 shelf.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Insurgent » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 am

Oh my. Those clones look real nice. I managed to nab a Fastlane, but I think Pounce may be more troublesome, and this way, I get them both and with nice silver faces. Yep, gonna go takara for these guys. Which will leave me with an extra Wingspan. Ooohhh.... the clones are triplets! MWUAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I was wondering who Wilder would come with anOHMYGODWHATDIDTHEYDO?????

*Reads thread*

Oh. Oooohhhhhh..... Savage Noble comes with a purple megatron..... I see what you did there Takara.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby grimdragon2001 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
hoo boy, im going to be doing a lot of accessory swapping. gonna give TR Blitzwing the Thrilling 30 Blitswings weapons, give G2 Megs TR Blitzwings gun and put his cannon on his shoulder, then give TR Megs G2 Megs's small gun and combine it with his cannon. that should work nicely
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 am

grimdragon2001 wrote:hoo boy, im going to be doing a lot of accessory swapping. gonna give TR Blitzwing the Thrilling 30 Blitswings weapons, give G2 Megs TR Blitzwings gun and put his cannon on his shoulder, then give TR Megs G2 Megs's small gun and combine it with his cannon. that should work nicely

It all works out in the end! 8-}
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby TFmonkeybiz » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 am

shajaki wrote:Megatron, super bummed. He's not green. They went with purple, and not even enough of it! He's way too grey/silver. Savage/Noble is enough on its own to save this figure though :x

Windy looks great! TM is awesome And thank God she's not getting those awful Hasbro swords!

Takara's probably saving the green deco for Megastorm.
TFmonkeybiz
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I really like Windblade, but there's not enough of a difference for me to spend the $40 on her. Her targetmaster is really cool though, and the jet mode looks nice, but Hasbro still did good. The sword though is good, seeing as how it's the one she actually needs.

As for Megatron: Oh yes baby!!! That boy right there is sick!!! He is pre-ordered!!! Though, having 2 Megatrons of the same mold will be weird for me, especially since the TR became my Decepticon leader on my shelf (the CW leader is on my Autobot shelf, too bad TR did not come with Autobot symbols or he would be there too). Hard to fully justify, but I have a weird love for the purple camo.

And as for the clones: I already have 2, just need the hasbro 2 pack
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0923IM826 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 4RI SEP140388 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200365 27RI (CA) Goux (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM320 6B (CA) Araújo"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #4 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ART TREVOR HUTCHISON #0 All Hail Megatron IDW Comics 2009"
Transformers ART T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB229538 1D (CA) Knott"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON