This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Gearslide » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
Man, I guess that shade of green on Grand Maximus is REALLY hard to photograph right. In some shots it looks almost black or very dark grey:

But in others, it's a much softer green:

That's the same plastic
Gearslide
Combiner
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 9

Postby Albatross250 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Hmmm. since when Grand Maximus knew Fortress Maximus? :-?
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Kyleor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:08 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Still no rifle for Max :/
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby megatronus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Crap. If it's through Takara Tomy Mall, does that mean the 2000+ preorders MUST come from Japanese buyers?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:Image

:x :x :x
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:42 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:I also wanted to talk about Seaspray. I know the Legends verions gets the blue windows right and doesnt have the sticker detail on the chest, but what do you feel about that weird yellow on the side? That looks super off to me.

The yellow paint on the sides is animation accurate in robot mode, so it's fine with me. As a bonus, it's also a toy accurate detail as well. Yes, this does create inaccurate yellow panels on the sides of the alternate mode, but I can let those slide. They don't look bad to me, honestly.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Seibertron » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
megatronus wrote:Crap. If it's through Takara Tomy Mall, does that mean the 2000+ preorders MUST come from Japanese buyers?

I'm assuming some of the big online retailers/importers have a way to get around this. I'm not too concerned about 2,000 orders happening.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Seibertron wrote:
megatronus wrote:Crap. If it's through Takara Tomy Mall, does that mean the 2000+ preorders MUST come from Japanese buyers?

I'm assuming some of the big online retailers/importers have a way to get around this. I'm not too concerned about 2,000 orders happening.

Hope you're right about that. These are two imports I really want, but didn't think were going to be happening.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Gearslide wrote:Man, I guess that shade of green on Grand Maximus is REALLY hard to photograph right. In some shots it looks almost black or very dark grey:

Green? There's never been any green on ANY Maximus...well except for that Generic in Armada (I'm not calling it what others are... 8-} )
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Seibertron wrote:

I hope so. I really want that GreatShot, and depending on expected release, I am considering that Maximus too.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 am

I swear, my wallet just got up and ran away after seeing these new images. :-D
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Kurona » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:07 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
At the very least, I haven't seen any such stipulation for Greatshot. He seems firmly in the 'definitely happening' camp.

And, man, while I still want Sixshot more... that is one hell of a good rendition of Greatshot. Someone put a lot of heart into that retool!
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 am

Kurona wrote:At the very least, I haven't seen any such stipulation for Greatshot. He seems firmly in the 'definitely happening' camp.

And, man, while I still want Sixshot more... that is one hell of a good rendition of Greatshot. Someone put a lot of heart into that retool!

I know right?! look at that new beast head!!! And the chest and shoulders!!!! and the robot head!!! It is frikkin' awesome!!!!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 am

I'm starting to wonder if there is any reason for me to buy the Hasbro figures anymore. The Takara ones generally look so much better to me.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am

Rodimus Knight wrote:I'm starting to wonder if there is any reason for me to buy the Hasbro figures anymore. The Takara ones generally look so much better to me.

Well, these are Takara exclusives that Hasbro has never done, so you can just buy these without guilt!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:12 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertron wrote:

The fact that the previous legends reissues did not pass the treshold asked for tells me that its just TTMall. If there was a way to get around it through other retailers, then there would be enough demand for nothing to have been cancelled, which wasnt the case.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:At the very least, I haven't seen any such stipulation for Greatshot. He seems firmly in the 'definitely happening' camp.

I know right?! look at that new beast head!!! And the chest and shoulders!!!! and the robot head!!! It is frikkin' awesome!!!!

Yeah! It's all they needed to do - considering it's all the original did - but it still feels like they went above and beyond :)
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 am

Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Yeah! It's all they needed to do - considering it's all the original did - but it still feels like they went above and beyond :)

It really is all they needed to do! But they did it in the way that I've said makes these things even better: they did the retooling in the right areas, and the colors just smash it home.

Great shot: definite. and then I will have all 3 generations 6 changers!!!! Though he definitely looks the best :-D
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I really find myself wanting both of these, although i might only be able to pull off Greatshot. Takara really seems to be churning out the Masterforce characters, wonder if that helps Piranacon's chances of coming out.
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:24 am

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: Great shot: definite. and then I will have all 3 generations 6 changers!!!! Though he definitely looks the best :-D

Same here. This would have been so easy for Hasbro to do, instead of Quickswitch, but I guess the fact that QS wasn't changed at all (save for the Titan Master) made it an easier/lazy release. I would have been perfectly happy with just Six & Great, since originally QS was a completely different toy, but having all 3 (even though the middle kid isn't a true representation), will be nice.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:34 am

grimdragon2001 wrote:I really find myself wanting both of these, although i might only be able to pull off Greatshot. Takara really seems to be churning out the Masterforce characters, wonder if that helps Piranacon's chances of coming out.

If Hasbro releases a PotP Piranacon, I cant see TT NOT doing a King Poseidon (though they will likely have to develop their own Nautilator/Lobclaw since habro seems content on only doing 5 member combiners, even in their box sets, unless Hasbro makes Nautilator legends class...which makes me conflicted...

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby megatronus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:39 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

The fact that the previous legends reissues did not pass the treshold asked for tells me that its just TTMall. If there was a way to get around it through other retailers, then there would be enough demand for nothing to have been cancelled, which wasnt the case.

God I hope you're wrong.

To the extent that most people who wanted a Generations Metroplex had already gotten one, I don't think comparing the cancellation of reissues to two new releases is fair.

God... I really hope you're wrong on this one, Will.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:45 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
o.supreme wrote:
grimdragon2001 wrote:I really find myself wanting both of these, although i might only be able to pull off Greatshot. Takara really seems to be churning out the Masterforce characters, wonder if that helps Piranacon's chances of coming out.

If Hasbro releases a PotP Piranacon, I cant see TT NOT doing a King Poseidon (though they will likely have to develop their own Nautilator/Lobclaw since habro seems content on only doing 5 member combiners, even in their box sets, unless Hasbro makes Nautilator legends class...which makes me conflicted...

Actually, I think Piranacon would fit Hasbro's Combiner Style perfectly. Nautilator, Snaptrap, Skalor, Tentakill, and Seawing can form Piranacon while Overbite transforms into his gun.
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Overcracker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
grimdragon2001 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:

Actually, I think Piranacon would fit Hasbro's Combiner Style perfectly. Nautilator, Snaptrap, Skalor, Tentakill, and Seawing can form Piranacon while Overbite transforms into his gun.

Nautilator needs to be a deluxe sized combiner piece. You can have Overbite be Legends class as a gun.

Which by the way, I can totally see them retooling the Abominus guys into the Seacons.

Hun-Grr->SnapTrap
Sinnertwin->Overbite
Blot->Tentakill
Cutthroat->Seawing
Rippersnapper->Skalor
Nautilator-> Maybe also Sinnertwin, though it would need extensive retooling.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check the forum post above for details.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby ScottyP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
I fully expect Cutthroat to end up as Wildfly (they already slipped up on revealing this through the headsculpt on the sample vs the CAD render), with Rippersnapper or Blot (or a mix of their parts) as Scowl/Icepick and some retooled Dinobot for Bristleback and goodness knows what else as the torso to form Monstructor.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAR230181 18A (CA) Bogdanovic (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #18 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #31 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM299 31A (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #31 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #16 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220220 16A (CA) Mack"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM377 22A (CA) Deodato (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 AUG210013 1A (CA) Lee"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #12 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 SEP220309 12B (CA) Giangiordano (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #12 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210B"
NEW!
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM443 24A (CA) Carlos (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #24 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM324 24A (CA) Deodato"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #19 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230284 19B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #19 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 MAY230283 344C (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #15 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 AUG220194 15B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #15 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #325 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT210177 325B (W) McFarlane (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #325 Cvr B I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON