This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Nabbed Greatshot. Grand Max....Just a bit too steep. But, maybe this means Grand Max is a go for production? (Estimated arrival in March...)
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:05 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Wolfman Jake wrote:Here’s hoping TFSource isn’t too far behind posting their preorders.

Same. I'll use BBTS, but I prefer the free shipping with more expensive orders (yeah yeah, $4 difference, but still) and the source points. After my MP Megatron, Targetmaster Hot Rod, Nemesis Prime, and G2 Megs come in, I'll have about $20 off should i choose to use it on these guys, or maybe collect their source points too
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Relic0037 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
With all the releases & rereleases Takara has coming out in March "Grand" & "Max" aren't going to be names for a Transformer, but instead amounts put on my credit card bill that month :(
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hero Alpha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
I gots my Legends Hot Rod, Kup and Astrotrain in a couple days ago. All have pretty much perfect paint and no lip-bumps on my Hot Rod, which I was really happy about. THese are great looking figures and have awesome matte looking paint that is G1 Sunbow sweet. Like others have said Kup looks like he jumped off the screen. Astrotrain looks so much better in darker grey, now I need to sell my Hasbro Astrotrain. Little targetmaster dudes are cool and a good update on Nightstick from Gen. Cyclonus. Next up on pre-order is Doublecross, Brawn and Octane. That will finish off my wants/needs for Titans Return molds. Targetmaster that comes with Doublecross will go with Uni. Scourge to match up with Cyclonus. I just never really been into Blur, even though Legends Blur looks real good.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Pre-Order Roundup for Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:37 am

On this glorious Monday, we bring to you a roundup of all the new pre-orders set up for the upcoming Takara Legends Grand Maximus and Greatshot. These pre-orders have the price points for both figures set around $260 and $95, respectively. The expected release date for these figures is March of next year. Head on over to your favorite site now and get your pre-order in!

TFsource:
https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/
https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg-ex-greatshot/

BigBadToyStore
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... m_content=

Robot Kingdom
http://www.robotkingdom.com/lgexgrandmaximus.html
http://www.robotkingdom.com/lgexgreatshot.html

The Chosen Prime
http://www.thechosenprime.com/LGEXGrandMaximus
http://www.thechosenprime.com/LGEXGreatshot

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Flashwave » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Great Shot looks wonderful and is definately worth the markup. Not sure I care enough about the character to spend the money but he is awesome and I want him
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 am

Flashwave wrote:Great Shot looks wonderful and is definately worth the markup. Not sure I care enough about the character to spend the money but he is awesome and I want him

My thoughts exactly. He is a great looking leader figure, and I am getting him just because he is that awesome.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:TFsource has just put up their pre-orders. Placed mine for both

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg-ex-greatshot/

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

Woot! Got mine in too! I'm a happy wolfman! :)

Relic0037 wrote:With all the releases & rereleases Takara has coming out in March "Grand" & "Max" aren't going to be names for a Transformer, but instead amounts put on my credit card bill that month :(

I always enjoy good word play, so this made me laugh. Know that I still feel your pain, though.

By the way, now that everyone is getting all hot and bothered over Grand Maximus, does that mean people have in general softened on their opinions of the mold? It's essentially just a redeco of Fortress Maximus with maybe a new Pretender shell accessory...and that's it. Last I remember, fans were awfully lukewarm about the new Fort Max, mainly because it is a heavy retool of Generations Metroplex with fewer play features than the original G1 Fort Max toy. Now the same thing is coming out again less than two years later, and no one seems underwhelmed like last time. Is Grand Max just that much prettier, or did everyone just get over all their TF/LG Fort Max grievances?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby Seibertron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Just wanted to vent a gripe about LG45 Hot Rod real quick that's been bothering me about him for the past couple of weeks since I got him in hand.

Is anyone else bothered by the massive gaps on the sides of his chest? I'm all for Takara making mold improvements over the Hasbro products, but in this case I feel like Takara really dropped the ball. They basically sacrificed a decent chest design just to accommodate the "engine" flipping gimmick for the Targetmaster. I might have been alright with this had trade-off been a cartoon accurate upper chest/collar piece, but what we ended up with was a half assed piece that isn't even cartoon accurate. I would have preferred them to just leave the piece as is, but remold it to allow a spot to plug in the Targetmaster, or even better yet, just do a flip up piece that exposes the port. The translucent chest was also another odd choice that I don't understand where it came (nor do I care for it) from in a line that strives to be more cartoon accurate. It might have been alright had there been something of substance to fill in the giant gaping hole behind his chest.

I prefer the color scheme on LG45 Hot Rod over Hasbro's red version, but the mold trade-off left much to be desired. There could have been a much better solution instead of what they came up with.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:56 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Wouldn't be the first time that Takara's messed up >:oP coz remember Trypticon was supposed to be a darker colour & instead all we got was the exact same dam figure as the Hasbro one(YES!!!...with the hip ratchet issue fixed + a slight mold difference on one of the towers)
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Seibertron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:Wouldn't be the first time that Takara's messed up >:oP coz remember Trypticon was supposed to be a darker colour & instead all we got was the exact same dam figure as the Hasbro one(YES!!!...with the hip ratchet issue fixed + a slight mold difference on one of the towers)

Wasn't aware of a mold difference on one of Trypticon's towers. Can you provide a link about this?
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Seibertron wrote:Just wanted to vent a gripe about LG45 Hot Rod real quick that's been bothering me about him for the past couple of weeks since I got him in hand.

Is anyone else bothered by the massive gaps on the sides of his chest? I'm all for Takara making mold improvements over the Hasbro products, but in this case I feel like Takara really dropped the ball. They basically sacrificed a decent chest design just to accommodate the "engine" flipping gimmick for the Targetmaster. I might have been alright with this had trade-off been a cartoon accurate upper chest/collar piece, but what we ended up with was a half assed piece that isn't even cartoon accurate. I would have preferred them to just leave the piece as is, but remold it to allow a spot to plug in the Targetmaster, or even better yet, just do a flip up piece that exposes the port. The translucent chest was also another odd choice that I don't understand where it came (nor do I care for it) from in a line that strives to be more cartoon accurate. It might have been alright had there been something of substance to fill in the giant gaping hole behind his chest.

I prefer the color scheme on LG45 Hot Rod over Hasbro's red version, but the mold trade-off left much to be desired. There could have been a much better solution instead of what they came up with.

While I do find it a little annoying, LG45 is just so damn good looking besides that that it doesn't bother me. There's just so much awesomeness about the rest of the figure that I don't care that much.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Courage: 6

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Seibertron wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:Wouldn't be the first time that Takara's messed up >:oP coz remember Trypticon was supposed to be a darker colour & instead all we got was the exact same dam figure as the Hasbro one(YES!!!...with the hip ratchet issue fixed + a slight mold difference on one of the towers)

Wasn't aware of a mold difference on one of Trypticon's towers. Can you provide a link about this?

It was on reprolabels FB page, but I'm also sure that it was touched on, on here before, but maybe you missed it, I'll try n snapshot stuff about it from the reprolabels FB page
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Seibertron wrote:Just wanted to vent a gripe about LG45 Hot Rod real quick that's been bothering me about him for the past couple of weeks since I got him in hand.

I actually quite like LG45 Hot Rod quite a bit. Yeah, the chest gap is unfortunate, but it doesn't bother me too much. I'm also not bothered by things like MP-28 Hot Rod's "backpack," just for reference. My main concern is that my Transformers figures look good from the front, which Legends Hot Rod does. Good looking sides are nice too, but can be sacrificed if needed. Backs are rarely of great concern, and I'm happy with anything decidedly "non-accurate/ugly" happening back there. I've just come to accept a little bit of give and take when translating on screen Transformers character models into workable toys. With LG45, though, Takara did retain some of the abdominal detailing from the Hasbro mold, as well as some "chest" looking stuff under the hood in robot mode. You can consider the hood more of Hot Rod's "kibble" from vehicle mode, or even just some additional "armor" for his torso and think of the detailing underneath as what his true robot anatomical torso would be if he had a different alt mode, or none altogether.

I like the ability to hide the exposed engine block in robot mode. It's just a nice little extra to appreciate, and not really intrusive. I'd have to check when I get home, but I think it may be an optional step too, if you so desire. As for the clear plastic hood Takara used, to give Hot Rod's flame deco an actual fiery effect, I can see how that's disappointing, especially since there are few good ways to pipe some light through there to really get the look they were going for. Maybe that's why they left the sides a little "gappy," to let some more light through? I'm going to see if I can find some nice, shiny/glossy yellow paper and cut out a piece to fit snuggly on the underside of the hood to give the transparent yellow plastic a little more saturation and opacity. It should make the flames look a lot better without needing to get more light piped through the torso somehow.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:

It's more of a running change mold variant between the first and second run versions of the Hasbro Trypticons' towers.

Here's the info from the Trypticon thread:

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913104

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913109

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913120

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913122

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913129

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913130
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

It's more of a running change mold variant between the first and second run versions of the Hasbro Trypticons' towers.

Here's the info from the Trypticon thread:

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913104

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913109

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913120

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913122

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913129

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/titans-return-titan-class-trypticon-thread-p1913104.php#p1913130

thanks Sabr ;)^
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Seibertron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:thanks Sabr ;)^

Ditto!
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Nemesis Destron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
I procrastinated on getting Fort Max but I think I will line up all my ducks and get GM in stead. :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Unfortunately since Takara have already released Trypticon, the hope for a Gigastorm is all but lost :(, even though now we're getting a Grand Max repaint(as well as an additional POTP pretender/targetmaster style fig), maybe I can still hope for a Black Zarak(Scorponok) & Guardian Robot(Omega) repaints from Takara, but I'm not setting that in stone
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:21 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Stuartmaximus wrote:Unfortunately since Takara have already released Trypticon, the hope for a Gigastorm is all but lost :(

What makes you say this?
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's made a Gigastorm conversion set yet. Literally all you need is a different horn piece and some stickers.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Stuartmaximus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Kurona wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised no-one's made a Gigastorm conversion set yet. Literally all you need is a different horn piece and some stickers.

I did think of that, but not seen anything yet
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hot Rod has the same amount of hollowness on both versions of the figure, it's just how the mold wears it. You either have a bare patch on the belly or a hollow interior.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby grimdragon2001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Just got my Legends Kup today, along with Legends Wheelie. Kup's robot mode looks awesome, but the vehicle mode does suffer for the retooling in the shoulders.
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON