This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sabrblade wrote:Note that the LG-EX version seen here in these pics is also wearing a Perfect Effect upgrade kit, making it look even more different from the normal version of God Ginrai than it really is.

A very good point that I intended to include, will edit now!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:13 am

william-james88 wrote:
Octobotimus wrote:so...... the takara one that is more expensive......has less paint. 10/10 logic

Oh, not this **** again. Takara is only more expensive to people outside japan due to import fees, period. No other reason. If it was the same exact toy as hasbro, it would still be more expensive because of that (case in point, LG Trypticon)

The reverse works too, Hasbro toys are more expensive in Japan.

Check out this japanese listings from a reputable online retailer (like the japanese version of BBTS) for Hasbro's overlord, it's $100

http://www.redmercury.co.jp/shop/detail ... =RED-14034

And the only reason its more expensive is because Japanese people have to pay extra import fees for Hasbro products just like anyone outside japan has to pay extra import fees for Takara products.

Black Bumblebee wrote:And yet, they couldn't be bothered to fix the tail fins? UGGGGGGhhhhhhhhh.

There is nothing to fix according to them, that is how they toy was designed. And by them, no less.

That's not really true. Japanese products are usually more expensive for a number of reasons. One of them is a protected market. Basically, things like CDs, for example, are much more expensive in Japan, to the point that an import CD of a non-Japanese artist is actually cheaper than the same CD printed in, or for, the Japanese market. This is also one of the reasons Japanese products feature "extra" features, items or content than equivalent products outside it; to be competitive and/or give a reason to buy the Japanese version.

Takara TFs can be found cheaper, at times, if sold by Hasbro Asia, while buying official Hasbro TFs from BBTS and importing them to Japan is fairly cheap.

However, Japanese shops are rarely connected enough to get their foreign products from wholesalers, so they but them at retail and then charge customers from that point in, hence the massive markup.

Japan has some cheap stuff, like food, etc, but many of their products, such as TFs ARE more expensive than foreign versions.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Qwan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:42 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Qwan wrote:
RustedCross wrote:Ya, I have seen that configuration, and I agree it helps. But I’m really curious to know if the red ones can actually go where the grey ones are. Have you tried? Do you know for sure that they don’t fit?

Haven't tried it recently, but I seem to recall being unable to do it back when I first grabbed Broady earlier this year. I'll check and see for certain when I get the chance later today.

Just checked Broadside, and yeah the clips for the two types of tailfins are totally different dimensions - you won't be able to swap them with each other. No luck, sorry man Image

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:55 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
primalxconvoy wrote:However, Japanese shops are rarely connected enough to get their foreign products from wholesalers, so they but them at retail and then charge customers from that point in, hence the massive markup.

The site I showed, red mercury, must have its own channel for hasbro products since it gets them before anyone else, so them procuring it at retail to then resell it doesnt make sense time frame wise. they also have a nice tight schedule where a whole line will be available at once, as opposed to product by product, so I think there is a bit more going on there.

I do thank you for the detailed reasons why a toy would be more expensive in Japan ceteris paribus, and I am glad to see it indeed has nothing to do with the paintjob :lol:

The only point I was trying to make was that the differences in prices have more to do with other factors than paint.

And in any case, LG Trypticon is all the proof we need that takara prices have nothing to do with the different deco they choose, so I am still surprised this notion keeps coming up.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RustedCross » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 am

Qwan wrote:
Qwan wrote:
RustedCross wrote:Ya, I have seen that configuration, and I agree it helps. But I’m really curious to know if the red ones can actually go where the grey ones are. Have you tried? Do you know for sure that they don’t fit?

Haven't tried it recently, but I seem to recall being unable to do it back when I first grabbed Broady earlier this year. I'll check and see for certain when I get the chance later today.

Just checked Broadside, and yeah the clips for the two types of tailfins are totally different dimensions - you won't be able to swap them with each other. No luck, sorry man Image

Thanks for checking that out!
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

Postby durroth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:33 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
man, displaying the box set ginrai with all the PE accessories makes it a *really* lopsided photo comparison. The sword and gun *alone* make it look much more premium than it really is
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Rated X » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:However, Japanese shops are rarely connected enough to get their foreign products from wholesalers, so they but them at retail and then charge customers from that point in, hence the massive markup.

The site I showed, red mercury, must have its own channel for hasbro products since it gets them before anyone else, so them procuring it at retail to then resell it doesnt make sense time frame wise. they also have a nice tight schedule where a whole line will be available at once, as opposed to product by product, so I think there is a bit more going on there.

I do thank you for the detailed reasons why a toy would be more expensive in Japan ceteris paribus, and I am glad to see it indeed has nothing to do with the paintjob :lol:

The only point I was trying to make was that the differences in prices have more to do with other factors than paint.

And in any case, LG Trypticon is all the proof we need that takara prices have nothing to do with the different deco they choose, so I am still surprised this notion keeps coming up.

Well you know where I stand on the Takara vs. Hasbro price differences. Weve been through it before and I damn sure dont feel like going through it again. I agree that what you say holds some truth. But I also believe all the so called shipping and import factors vary from dealer to dealer. So basically whoevers got the hookup is going to unload them cheaper. I also believe some dealers are not in a hurry to unload quickly hence the higher markups. In a market where online sales become the norm and brick and mortar sales become obselete, the terms "American market" and "Asian market" have almost zero meaning for Transformers. (Not talking about speciality kabaya or bear brick crap) Its all about the almighty paypal market. Theyll slap a delivery sticker on it and deliver to Afganistan if some guy wants to pay the price and hope the mail truck doesnt get hijacked. I only been to Japan in transit and at the time Takara Transformers Animated deluxes were selling at $40 USD in the airport gift shop and were at least 6 months old at the time. Granted airport gift shops sell things top dollar but thats still a far cry from the $20 a Hasbro deluxe cost in Miami International airport that year on the same trip. One thing I truely believe is that Japan is dealing with the decline in the popularity of action figures (among kids) in a different way that Hasbro does. Both companies seem to be gearing more towards adult G1 themed products. However Takara is more focused on selling toys to adults while Hasbro is trying to convince kids 1986 G1 themed characters are still cool. (Cooler than that PlayStation or IPhone that more kids would rather have than action figures) Takara isnt stupid. They jack up the prices tremendously under the "E-Hobby" banner and thus has nothing to do with import costs or shipping. E-Hobby is basically a way to charge adult collectors more. (Im not disputing that it isnt an actual company loosely affiliated with Takara) But I will say that I dont see any difference in quality or deco from regular takara releases to justify the increased price. (Runamuck vs. Runabout) Some might say limited release, but I crap on that theory. It doesnt cost them any more to make 1,000 figures than it does 5,000 figures. We got an idea how on average how many people worldwide were willing to pre-order Grand Maximus and it was under 3000. (Probably much less if you dont include the dealers who were willing to invest long term and buy more than they got pre-orders for) So that gives you a rough idea of how big the so called "high end" transformers fanbase really is. Somewhere between 2000 and 5000 collectors worldwide give or take. Do you really believe Takaras not going to take these folks wallets to the limit? Cmon now...Theyre gonna get them (including myself and probally you too) for every penny they can milk out of our rectums lol. They know were getting older and the G1 market for CHUG will die down slowly. Its not the same as vintage G1 toys that are of age to be true collectibles. CHUG is just for G1 fanboys in their 30s and 40s (like us) who want to re-live our youth with articulated figures instead of bricks. CHUG has always been for us. Hasbro just trys to sell it to todays kids and in the last 2 years it has worked. But dont think for a second that the sudden burst of G1 love doesnt signal a shift in marketing strategy by Hasbro. They pretty much killed RID and the TLK line failed miserably. But CHUG is flying off the shelves. Is it really 5-8 year olds screaming "bring back the 80s" ??? I doubt it. Its a marketing switch in my opinion. The focus is shifting towards adult collectors and try to grab as many kids in the process as possible. Thats where the brand is heading. Remember Hasbro designs the molds, Takara just uses them after Hasbro is done with them. They add the cool paint. Hasbro probally collabs with Takara on deco choices in attempt to get impatient collectors to double dip. As I said earlier, the real market is online sales. Hell I wouldnt be suprised if there are more Takara products sold outside of Japan than in Japan. And we all know they are not made in Japan. The factory is in either Vietnam or China because no labor laws make it more profitable. Im not an insider, but I highly doubt Takara pays shipping twice to get a gigantic shipping crate of toys to BBTS or TFsource. Im fairly certain the crate ships directly from the factory in Asia. (Not to Japan then to BBTS which would be a waste of money) Its all about the money. Dont fool yourself. Take a trip to Japan and visit various hobby shops and retail toy chains and report back to us with pictures you took with your own camera confirming you bought a takara deluxe figure for $17 USD in multiple locations. Im not saying it couldnt happen. I am saying I doubt it will happen. As far as the whole Takara Trypticon "same deco different box" debate, I speculate there is a good reason for this....GIGASTORM !!! Basically I think they are holding the nice cartoon accurate dark black plastic we all wanted for Gigastorm. Make the purple plastic blue and add a nose horn and BAM...instant $$$$$$$$$. But if Takara had given a darker cartoon accurate black deco to Trypticon, less people would be likely to double dip on the same really big expensive mold. The horn and a blue full tilt couldnt sell Gigastorm alone. (Just like the free pretender couldnt help Grand Maximus hit 3000) So its probably a well thought out marketing scheme to get the most bang for their buck from a repaint. Its all about the money. It has nothing to do with various alleged "markets". Thats my opinion anyways.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Knight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 am

I'd like to know how to get the wings down at the shoulders. I could only manage to get them to look right at the shoulders.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Kyleor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
No matter your opinion on if Takara or Hasbro is better, it's always interesting to see the color/paint/sticker/accessory choices (for better or worse) made on the different versions of each figure.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Seibertron.com Members wrote:Said a bunch of stuff about Broadside ...

I love seeing everyone discuss those wings, yet I just keep hoping every time I see a news story about Broadside is that someone fixed his damn legs in jet mode (there's no excuse for that) or that an exclusive headset for the alternate head for Broadside would get made or the goofy goggle eyed version of Octane. I'll take a multi-pack please with all of the weird head variations!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Hydrargyrus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
But... the Takara version doesn't have less paint. It's about the same. The Hasbro version has stickers, which make it look more detailed.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Seibertron wrote:

I love seeing everyone discuss those wings, yet I just keep hoping every time I see a news story about Broadside is that someone fixed his damn legs in jet mode (there's no excuse for that) or that an exclusive headset for the alternate head for Broadside would get made or the goofy goggle eyed version of Octane. I'll take a multi-pack please with all of the weird head variations!

There's this fan-mode..

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Cyberpath wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

There's this fan-mode..

I still have no idea how the designers didn't see THIS and just run with it... versus whatever the hell they had for the "official mode"
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

There's this fan-mode..

I still have no idea how the designers didn't see THIS and just run with it... versus whatever the hell they had for the "official mode"

The problem with that mode is that the jet's underside won't be flush thanks to the pieces that become the front of the carrier mode.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Qwan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:There's this fan-mode..

The problem with that mode is that the jet's underside won't be flush thanks to the pieces that become the front of the carrier mode.

Yeah, it really only looks good from some angles (like the one in the photo). Plus nothing really locks anywhere, either - not that it did fantastically in the "official" configuration but it was definitely a little bit more locked-together. Honestly once the tail-fins are turned around, I'm pretty okay with the stock jet-mode. It's no masterpiece but it's decent enough - the main attraction of Broadside for me is the robot mode anyway, which looks great from both Hasbro and Takara by the way :D

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:I still have no idea how the designers didn't see THIS and just run with it... versus whatever the hell they had for the "official mode"

Because it wont work in robot mode for flush kibble on the legs and they clearly valued the robot mode above all.

Also, this jet still sucks. We only think it looks better compared to what we got but if that was what they came out with I dont think any of us would have said it looked good.

Rated X wrote:Well you know where I stand on the Takara vs. Hasbro price differences. Weve been through it before and I damn sure dont feel like going through it again. I agree that what you say holds some truth.

Thanks, I always enjoy hearing from you too and I do totally agree that in this age of online ordering and companies which are purley operating online, having physical and national restrictions may sound counter intuitive, but I just think its laws not catching up fast enough to how commerce is changing and part of that is why we see such redundance and inneficience. And I do think its all about the money but not the way you think. I will discuss it more below when I get to that part. I will always agree that we should get a better price, but there seems to be some regulation in the way of that. But I am not an expert on it, I just read what other people, like Primal X Convoy, know.

Now for some other points I just wanted to clarify:

I only been to Japan in transit and at the time Takara Transformers Animated deluxes were selling at $40 USD in the airport gift shop and were at least 6 months old at the time. Granted airport gift shops sell things top dollar but thats still a far cry from the $20 a Hasbro deluxe cost in Miami International airport that year on the same trip.

I really dont think this anecdotal evidence on one airport collectable shop is the way to go for looking at a trend. One of my local collectable shops had Leader Megatron for $80 but I wouldnt use that to establish the price. I will give some solid evidence showing some trends, below.

As for the animated line, most online stores in japan sold them for a far more reasonable standard deluxe price than what the airport store had it for.

You can still get sealed Animated toys on the secondary japanese market for not too far from that price.

One thing I truely believe is that Japan is dealing with the decline in the popularity of action figures (among kids) in a different way that Hasbro does.

Yes they are. And we know that. They said it in an interview during the arms micron line where they felt the way to attract kids was to add model kits to Transformers sets. Thats why you had those Japan exclusive arms micron.

And while I will 100% agree that takara has greater efforts on attracting collectors, due to their MP line (which Hasbro is slowly getting to, with new efforts coming from them for the MPM line), every Takara designer keeps repeating that they make toys for kids and Takara is itself a toy company for kids. Like this most recent interview with a Takara designer, he defintely thinks of kids first when doing his job, and of the memories he will create: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... shi/39584/

Bandai seems more collector oriented compared to takara, in my opinion.

E-Hobby is basically a way to charge adult collectors more. (Im not disputing that it isnt an actual company loosely affiliated with Takara) But I will say that I dont see any difference in quality or deco from regular takara releases to justify the increased price. (Runamuck vs. Runabout) Some might say limited release, but I crap on that theory. It doesnt cost them any more to make 1,000 figures than it does 5,000 figures.

This is really nebulous for me. But does that mean that you think the whole thing with Fun Pub was a scam and that they were able to make those figures more affordable and simply chose not to?
Because they have similar prices to e-hobby. Its all above what I am willing to pay for those molds, so I never really bothered with e-hobby or fun pub.

We got an idea how on average how many people worldwide were willing to pre-order Grand Maximus and it was under 3000. (Probably much less if you dont include the dealers who were willing to invest long term and buy more than they got pre-orders for) So that gives you a rough idea of how big the so called "high end" transformers fanbase really is.

That grand Maximus thing is also something we arent sure of. But here are some facts.

BBTS and TFSource (and others) always go through Hasbro asia or another route for TTMall exclusives. Thats what they did with Defensor, remember that time when it came up on TTMall and you couldnt place an order right away? So international retailers dont necessarily get ttmall excusives from ttmall (as odd as that may sound).

Plus, BBTS is selling Fort Max at around $250 which is similar to what TTmall is selling it for (similar price point, but the dollar value may change based on exchange rates) so it clearly couldnt have been purchased from TTMall because if thats the case then BBTS could not sell it at that price.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/63049

So all evidence and common sense points to them getting it from a wholesaler/hasbro asia, as they always do. Which means that international sellers didnt go through TTMall and do not count towards the 3000 (since only TTmall orders go towards the goal), meaning that those 3000 collectors are all mainly in Japan and it is not a good enough indicator to assess how many collectors there are in the world.

Hasbro just trys to sell it to todays kids and in the last 2 years it has worked. But dont think for a second that the sudden burst of G1 love doesnt signal a shift in marketing strategy by Hasbro. They pretty much killed RID and the TLK line failed miserably. But CHUG is flying off the shelves.

CHUG aint flying off the shelves. The amount of Brawns I see could fill my back yard. Same for Broadside, and dont get me started on Doublecross

The only toys flying off the shelves are the new ones, but thats true for any TF toyline. Those wave 3 movie toys didnt last long when they first showed up. Also while I find it hard to believe, Hasbro CEO has repeatedly stated to reporters that the TLK line is selling well.

Is it really 5-8 year olds screaming "bring back the 80s" ??? I doubt it. Its a marketing switch in my opinion.

All evidence points towards marketting not giving a **** and just wanting product on the shelves. The direction of the toyline seems to be based on the head designer which right now has a mission of bringing back G1 as much as possible. All he is asked is to keep costs down and product coming.

The focus is shifting towards adult collectors and try to grab as many kids in the process as possible. Thats where the brand is heading. Remember Hasbro designs the molds, Takara just uses them after Hasbro is done with them.

The more and more I read about it, the less Hasbro seems involved directly in the design aside from planning. The designs come from contracted artists who are not part of hasbro. Those designs are then sent to takara for them to figure out how to get from one mode to the next.

This shot here shows both the contracted artist and the result from Takara. Hasbro is not involved in this aside from telling both parties they want an Optimus Primal that will sell at $45 MSRP.

As you can see in that image above, it is takara who is designing the mold and they are doing so more and more frequently (or at least as a codevelopper, the point is, the roles each company plays seems more interconnected than ever).

the real market is online sales. Hell I wouldnt be suprised if there are more Takara products sold outside of Japan than in Japan.

That is super interesting, and it has me curious, but for some reason I feel takara doesnt give a crap about International collectors. I mean, if they would they would at least have their main site available in english no? And if the real market is online sales, I dont really get the point of what you are asking of me below:
Take a trip to Japan and visit various hobby shops and retail toy chains and report back to us with pictures you took with your own camera confirming you bought a takara deluxe figure for $17 USD in multiple locations. Im not saying it couldnt happen. I am saying I doubt it will happen.

We are talking about online, so why not stick to that? Plus the retail toy market in japan is getting ridiculously small with many reports of the only toys remainging stocked are shelfwarmers. And with us as colelctors in north america buying stuf on amazon and bbts, why not compare apples with apples. Say I am a collector in japan buying transformers online, here are my options for TLK Drift right this second.

All of which are $18 and under. So maybe not $17, but thats at least 3 places where you could get a deluxe for $18 USD and under in Japan. The price points in Japan are similar to the ones in the US so I am not really surprised by this result.

Im not an insider, but I highly doubt Takara pays shipping twice to get a gigantic shipping crate of toys to BBTS or TFsource.
[/quote]

I dont think so either, that sounds super inneficient and plus it would put a strain for getting items on time. Also, BBTS and TFSource cant order directly from takara (BBTS has said they have a direct account with hasbro, but not with takara). So what happens instead is they order from a middleman wholesaler. Basically, he will buy a TF on wholesale from Takara for $10, then sell it to BBTS for $15 and then BBTS will sell it for $20. Arbitrary numbers of course, but everyone gets a cut, basically. Thats why the prices are higher for imports, anyone can correct me if this is dead wrong. And the japanese middle man could simply tell the factories to ship directly to BBTS instead of him, that would make sense to me. It could be that the vietnamese factory ships to the middleman who then ships to BBTS but that sounds super inneficient, but who knows what has to be done contractually.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

There's this fan-mode..

There's a fan-made upgrade kit for that --

https://www.nonnef.com/collections/titans-return/products/broadside-tr

Upgrades mounted in the plane fan-mode. Holds everything together tightly and fills in all the gaps.

For those of you starting to get your Broadside kits in, here's how you need to set everything up for fan-mode:

I just skipped Broadside altogether.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Takara Tomy has another problem that they can neither do anything about nor will be going away any time soon (if at all): Japan's declining birth rate. They currently have the third lowest birth rate in the world and their population is aging rapidly. The population 14 and under is at a historic low, once at a high of around 30 million during the '50s and '60s it's currently around 18 million. Granted, those are still large numbers, but that kind of reduction in population isn't doing them any favors. Meanwhile the workforce age range, while also quickly declining as the elderly population stays the same, still makes up the largest portion of the population. So it really isn't any wonder why Takara Tomy would start to favor broader appealing retail lines like Legends and the Movies, or high priced collectible lines like Masterpiece (or even UW) over the younger skewing lines like Adventure (RID). It's also little surprise why try to make the figures look as good as possible while still managing to keep the prices relatively low.

Oh, and as far as Japanese retail prices go, here's a physical location:

Bic Camera
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (25.18 KiB) Viewed 16284 times

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:10 am

Cyberpath wrote:I just skipped Broadside altogether.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a great response. But seriously, I think he is quite fun and 2 of his 3 modes look really good.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread (LG44)

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:45 pm

The last article of my recent Legends batch -- LG44 Sharkticon. (The next batch is taking its time leaving Japan, maybe BF/CM overload.)

Aside for some kibble (and missing antennas) (due to its small size class I'm sure) Sharkticon looks spot-on to his cartoon-model.

Bipedal piranha mode looks great.

Transformation is easy and fun.

Articulation in robot-mode is maybe more limited than some other figures but he can pull off some good poses, and he's fun to shoot.

One of his elbows is kind of stiff so the shoulder sometimes pops off.

who will stand against me?

hey!!

I'll get you yet!

The Sweep head is a nice bonus, I'm using it has Scourge.

Imagetreats!

ImageHeadmasters, transform!

Image*gasp!*

Imagea Quintesson!
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:I just skipped Broadside altogether.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a great response. But seriously, I think he is quite fun and 2 of his 3 modes look really good.

:)) HasTak has gotten so good at making both modes of a Transformer look nice, I guess triple-changers are still a challenge.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Qwan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice pics, Cyberpath! I've just ordered a couple LG Sharkticons myself and they're on the way now, so it's perfect timing for your awesome shots to get me hyped up for my new plastic toys :D

Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Qwan on YouTube

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks! :)
Cyberpath
City Commander

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread (LG44 Sweep, LG48 Brawn, LG49 Triggerhappy)

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:57 am

Cyberpath
City Commander

Video Review of Takara Transformers Legends LG52 Targetmaster Misfire

Postby william-james88 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Our ol' pal Chuck has reviewed Takara's Transformers Legends LG52 Targetmaster Misfire with comparisons to the Hasbro version. The biggest difference of ourse is the inclusion of a targetmaster component but there are a lot of differences in the deco as well, as you can see in the video below. For instance, the pink/fuchsia plastic he is molded in is a far more vibrant shade. Let us know which shade you find more suiting to the toy and if you find the higher cost (due to both importing and the extra Targetmaster) is worthwhile for this particular release.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Legends Misfire continues the trend of Takara adding the classic Targetmaster partner to the classic Targetmasters. Misfire, features a lighter lavender deco than the Titans Return version as well as a fully painted headmaster. Aimless is a fun little figure that transforms into a cool looking blaster.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Cyber Slammers RATCHET Transformers Movie 2007 complete Hasbro 170510A"
Cyber Slammers RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Attackers POWER PUNCH BUMBLEBEE Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Movie"
Power Attackers PO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Gravity Bots SIDESWIPE Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ROTF 2009 190922a"
Gravity Bots SIDES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sword Slash DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Power Attackers AOE 2014 210930A"
Sword Slash DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Change DRIFT Transformers Age Extinction Robots Disguise AOE 2014 210930A"
Flip Change DRIFT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Movie 2007 Burger King Kid's Meal Fast Food Premium 2007"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM Hasbro 2011 230427A"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Age Extinction One-Step complete AOE Hasbro 2014"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen Robot Replicas complete ROTF 2009 210930A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LA15 GRIMLOCK Transformers Lost Age Extinction AOE Takara Power Battlers New"
LA15 GRIMLOCK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL TRADING CARDS Pack 2011 Hasbro New DOTM"
Transformers Dark ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON