This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Am I the only one here who actually thinks that the Iacon Engines on Legends Overlord's chest are kinda cool as they are?

I mean, if Super Ginrai can have a molded-in Iacon Engine of his own...
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Am I the only one here who actually thinks that the Iacon Engines on Legends Overlord's chest are kinda cool as they are?

I think they're cool too. The only thing that would have been better is putting engine blocks on Giga and Mega and just giving Overlord some other Headmaster. I know it wouldn't fit with the play pattern, but :TAKARATOMY: did Targetmasters. There's no reason they couldn't throw in some Power/Godmasters into the Legends line.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Am I the only one here who actually thinks that the Iacon Engines on Legends Overlord's chest are kinda cool as they are?

I think they're cool too. The only thing that would have been better is putting engine blocks on Giga and Mega and just giving Overlord some other Headmaster. I know it wouldn't fit with the play pattern, but :TAKARATOMY: did Targetmasters. There's no reason they couldn't throw in some Power/Godmasters into the Legends line.
For me, it's like, Super Ginrai gets to be a Triplemaster by using the powers of being a Headmaster (his head), a Godmaster (his built-in Iacon Engine) and a Getmaster (his chest cockpit compartment). With Overlord, it's as though Giga and Mega were all like "Ginrai has one Iacon Engine? Well we have TWO! And we got Headmaster technology too! We've got the powers of a Headmaster and two built-in Godmasters all at once!" And then the comic threw in the surprise twist of of the Shinchokon-powered Overlord Tera just to make Overlord's power even more delightfully absurd. But that Overlord has two built-in Iacon Engines like how Ginrai has one just seems like the kind of fun oneupsmanship that the villain would have as a response to Ginrai's own built-in Iacon Engine. :-P

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Lore Keeper wrote:

What would work against them is the fact they'd be nothing more than ornaments without anything to trigger, UT-style... like the current Prime Masters. They even had the preliminary name of "Power Masters" as well :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Relic0037 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot

I'm fine with what they did. If I were to complain, it might be that Overlord doesn't scale well with God Ginrai as far as cartoon accuracy is concerned. Maybe they could have gotten it right by making Super Ginrai & God Bomber voyager sized, but then we would still have a size problem with the upcoming Grand Maximus as well.

Instead, I will just be happy that we are getting modern versions of these characters at all & look forward to POTP to add more minions to my Masterforce shelf.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am

Relic0037 wrote:If I were to complain, it might be that Overlord doesn't scale well with God Ginrai as far as cartoon accuracy is concerned.
I get the feeling that the size issue is why Overlord Tera was thought up as a way to make Overlord better size up to God Ginrai.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:55 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:If I were to complain, it might be that Overlord doesn't scale well with God Ginrai as far as cartoon accuracy is concerned.
I get the feeling that the size issue is why Overlord Tera was thought up as a way to make Overlord better size up to God Ginrai.

Ditto.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Ditto.

I'm all for equality! Why should the good guys get all the power-ups and not the bad guys? :P
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Relic0037 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:28 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Ditto.

Since I don't plan on getting a second Overlord & the Tera configuration wouldn't be cartoon accurate, I may just display him along side Super Ginrai.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6

Possible Future of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We seem to have some news concerning the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends line, after the unification of the brand with same releases between the Japanese company and Hasbro - as detailed here - via a summary on the Snakas blog of hobby and action figure magazine Hyper Hobby, and the section concerning Transformers. Below is a machine translation of the post, but the highlight appears to be something regarding Takara Tomy Mall and Legends, leading to believe that we may still indeed see Japanese exclusive decos and minor retools - but only as exclusives.

Take a read for yourselves below, or head here for the original Japanese post, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

TF related to Hyper Hobby released today is 2 pages in color.

◆ Power of the Prime Japanese version Introduction of products from June to July.

Basically it looks like a new photo. The introductory text itself is not particularly novelty content, but regarding the PP series, it seems to be a policy to release all kinds with the worldwide common specification.

In relation to that, with regard to the future of the TF Legends of the current series, there is a description that "Takara Tomy Mall will be continued around the center".

By the way, with regard to the coalescing function of the dreaddwind and black wing, it was not mentioned here as well.

◆ Other, Introduction of 4 types of the first turbo change series, MP-34S Shadow Panther. Basically posted in advertisement materials.

There is nothing to do with Transformers, but articles about Shincarion 's toys are 3 pages in color, of which 1 page is an interview article on development staff of TakaraTomy. There is a description that development of Shinkallion toy went while consulting with the TF team.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby kurthy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Can't wait to pay an arm and a leg, and another leg for TT Mall exclusives.

There should be a couple wallet Emojis.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
The figures we got for Headmasters were more than slight retools. If the quality is going to take a step back but the price remains the same or higher, I don't see myself buying Takara products again. I am still holding out hope for a new Super Ginrai.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 pm

It seems that instead of Takara specific TFs being regular, with Ehobby, Million Publishing and TT Mail being exclusives, we now have Hasbro TFs being standard, with (some) MPs, and other exclusives being reserved for TT Mail and online?
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
primalxconvoy wrote:It seems that instead of Takara specific TFs being regular, with Ehobby, Million Publishing and TT Mail being exclusives, we now have Hasbro TFs being standard, with (some) MPs, and other exclusives being reserved for TT Mail and online?

Thats what it looks like. Their take on the TLK line was a good hint of things to come.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 pm

william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:It seems that instead of Takara specific TFs being regular, with Ehobby, Million Publishing and TT Mail being exclusives, we now have Hasbro TFs being standard, with (some) MPs, and other exclusives being reserved for TT Mail and online?

Thats what it looks like. Their take on the TLK line was a good hint of things to come.

I've preordered all of the first two waves of these toys. However, if the content for wave 1 is identical to Hasbro's, I might cancel wave 2 and order the rest of the line from BBTS. If Takara are going to charge more for less, they've lost me as a customer for these toys.

Mind you, I don't think they care. I get the impression that TT have given up trying to push TFs as a main toyline for Japanese kids. Selling rebadged Hasbro stock for the main shops, while selling their previous style recoloured Legends figures now as "TT Mall exclusives" for collectors seems as cost effective as they can be.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The figures we got for Headmasters were more than slight retools. If the quality is going to take a step back but the price remains the same or higher, I don't see myself buying Takara products again. I am still holding out hope for a new Super Ginrai.

What do you mean by that? Apart from differences in paint and the occasional remolded part the figures were the same quality as the hasbro ones. It's not like Takara used different plastics.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I've preordered all of the first two waves of these toys. However, if the content for wave 1 is identical to Hasbro's, I might cancel wave 2 and order the rest of the line from BBTS. If Takara are going to charge more for less, they've lost me as a customer for these toys.

Is that cheaper? Shipping must be a real pain. Plus with BBTS for wave two, they dont let you buy figures individually, you have to buy the whole case of deluxes (and end up with doubles).

Plus, you can buy Snarl from amiami for the same price as BBTS and I am certain shipping within japan from amiami is cheaper than shipping from the US

amiami http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

bbts: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/V ... ails/68771
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 pm

william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Is that cheaper? Shipping must be a real pain. Plus with BBTS for wave two, they dont let you buy figures individually, you have to buy the whole case of deluxes (and end up with doubles).

Plus, you can buy Snarl from amiami for the same price as BBTS and I am certain shipping within japan from amiami is cheaper than shipping from the US

Actually, you've just solved a problem for me! I didn't actually know a place that had better shipping rates for 3P and Hasbro toys to Japan! Is that the best/cheapest place to go for Japan based customers?

If so, then just inside "Amiami" instead of bbts. However, i hope amiami accepts credit cards. I refuse to use a PayPal account.

EDIT: - Scratch that. It seems that, if Snarl is anything to go by, it's cheaper to get them domestically from Amazon Japan. However, your message prompted me to go to Amazon Japan, where I realised I didn't pre-order Snarl or Grimlock. Were they in the same wave as the other Dinobots? If not, then they are out now at Amazon Japan for preorder.

Comb07022018070340.jpg
Last edited by primalxconvoy on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:Actually, you've just solved a problem for me! I didn't actually know a place that had better shipping rates for 3P and Hasbro toys to Japan! Is that the best/cheapest place to go for Japan based customers?

If so, then just inside "Amiami" instead of bbts. However, i hope amiami accepts credit cards. I refuse to use a PayPal account.

There are a few and you have to compare. Amiami is the one I used a lot and i used Nippon Yassan as well. There is also anime export (but I think, as the title suggests, they are more for exports), HLJ and Big in Japan. I dont know which use credit cards since I always use paypal.

Amazon Japan has the best deals for MP toys it seems but they can also be good for some mainline toys as well. They were the cheapest place for movie toys last year.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The big question is if this is true then are we talking short term during the PotP run or long term for the foreseeable future?

primalxconvoy wrote:Actually, you've just solved a problem for me! I didn't actually know a place that had better shipping rates for 3P and Hasbro toys to Japan! Is that the best/cheapest place to go for Japan based customers?

AmiAmi usually has the best Japanese prices online with large discounts. Why wouldn't you just assign your credit card to PayPal if you're willing to pay by card? Regardless, they do accept cards.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 6

Postby primalxconvoy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Cheers folks. It seems though, that for these toys, Amazon is cheaper. It's free shipping, after all, whereas the others need international shipping and then domestic shipping fees. If the Hasbro versions where different, I usually use BBTS but they're doesn't seem much point. HLJ are great but I think they only sell Japanese stuff, not foreign stuff in Japan?
primalxconvoy
Godmaster

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

For the bolded part, are you talking Hasbro or Takara Power of the Primes? 'Cause I just looked and it appears only singles of Takara are available (with many sold out), and on the Hasbro side, you can still just preorder Wave 2 sets, no duplicates, of all of the size classes including deluxes, with a few individual ones available (like Rodimus Unicronus). Or was the comment in reference to something else? Image

[Edit] Link to PotP Wave 2: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/68755
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Is that cheaper? Shipping must be a real pain. Plus with BBTS for wave two, they dont let you buy figures individually, you have to buy the whole case of deluxes (and end up with doubles).

For the bolded part, are you talking Hasbro or Takara Power of the Primes? 'Cause I just looked and it appears only singles of Takara are available (with many sold out), and on the Hasbro side, you can still just preorder Wave 2 sets, no duplicates, of all of the size classes including deluxes, with a few individual ones available (like Rodimus Unicronus). Or was the comment in reference to something else? Image

[Edit] Link to PotP Wave 2: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/68755

I am talking about Hasbro only. Because since the guy asking a question is in Japan, I wouldnt think he would buy Takara figures from BBTS and have them ship to Japan.

Hence why all of these questions confuses the **** out of me. They are the same toys. So if you are in the US, buy the Hasbro release from a US retailer. And if you are in Japan, buy the takara release from a Japanese retailer. I have no clue why anything else would be considered.

Also, this is the Legends thread. So, let this be the end of the POTP discussion here. If anyone wants to continue it or respond, then simply quote this and copy paste it in the POTP thread.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Possible Future of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline

Postby o.supreme » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
In relation to that, with regard to the future of the TF Legends of the current series, there is a description that "Takara Tomy Mall will be continued around the center".

basically the only part that interested me. I'm glad the line is not going away entirely, but it may just focus on the occasional MP, or classic reissue. I'd love to open up the possibility of UW coming back, but I seriously, seriously doubt it.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
You can order individually from BBTS if they are in stock, ut they are not listing Blackwing or Moonracer.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON