This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Man, with all these Legends figures showing up, what is taking Tfsource and BBTS so long? These things released half a month ago. :(

Have they been able to offer TakaraTomy Mall exclusives in the past, not counting releases by Transformers Asia? Because that's what the two are.

They have, but I'm not sure if they usually have this kind of delay.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Man, with all these Legends figures showing up, what is taking Tfsource and BBTS so long? These things released half a month ago. :(

Have they been able to offer TakaraTomy Mall exclusives in the past, not counting releases by Transformers Asia? Because that's what the two are.

Yes, both TFSource and BBTS have offered these kinds of exclusives before. They even usually carry a limited stock of Japanese convention exclusives too. Both online retailers had Brave Maximus and Greatshot up for preorder months ago when they were first solicited by Takara Tomy Mall. Sometimes, it just takes a while for Japanese exclusives to come in stock in the U.S. I waited for a couple months to get the rereleases of Blurr and Scourge for Transformers Legends. Mine finally came in stock in the beginning of February while other TFSource customers got theirs at the end of December, when they were actually released. Even now, TFsource is showing those figures as unavailable until more stock arrives later this month. I have a feeling we're just going to have to be patient for Brave Max and Greatshot. I'm sure some fans will get theirs soon, and the rest of us will just have to wait our turns.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Ebonsaber » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 pm

My Grand Max got delayed(I made arrangements with a local hobby shop to order on my behalf as I actively avoid credit cards) because it ships through Hong Kong, and they had a holiday last week...
Ebonsaber
Micromaster

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I went with eBay over BBTS because the price was comparable to what I would pay with 2-day shipping from BBTS.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Just got my Greatshot fro RK.

Fyi, while the original mold allowed you to keep the headmaster attached to the connecting port+helmet during vehicle mod, Greatshot's "horns" which are retractable gets in the way when folded. So in vehicle(Starfighter) mode, Jack can pilot the craft but can no longer be attached to the helmet collapsed into his chest cavity the way it was possible in Sixshot

I also noticed that Sixshot had a lot more metallic looking glossy paint jobs though it would have been a neat feature/nod if the horns were either molded white or chromed like the original toy. But perhaps, it's more to a direct Victory design.

Also, his knees also sport the extra stubs that gives it more resistance than the HB version.

This one is a winner :D over the fiasco that was God Fireconvoy :( .
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Video Review of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-EX Greatshot

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We posted a while back a comparison pictorial review of the latest Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Greatshot figure, which you can check out again here, and now thanks to fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999, we also have a video version of the same!

Comparisons abound here too, namely with with leader Sixshot, in all six modes for both figures. Take a look, read chuck's thoughts, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion thread!

Legends Greatshot is a fantastic update to the G1 figure. I really like how the colors pop, especially the gold on the chest. While I am disappointed the head has to be removed for transformation, the figure makes it very easy to overlook. Crossed fingers that we get a Shadow Maru down the line?

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Lore Keeper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 am

I'd love to do a review on this guy. Too bad it's April 17th, and my Greatshot and Grand Max STILL aren't in stock! :-x
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby blackeyedprime » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:29 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
My greatshots gone straight into a box o.O One of his knees cant be rotated past the front/unnatural knee bend where as the other one can not. Haven't really noticed any improvements on the knee joints over my hasbro six shot.

No more room for autobots at the mo until I get another book case or resign more to storage. Had to get the Legends version of Twintwist with the Hasbro one being in short supply. Probably going to be the same with Misfire in the end. Doubt I'll get around to chasing up the other legends I'm missing before the Street fighter versions arrive.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Lore Keeper wrote:I'd love to do a review on this guy. Too bad it's April 17th, and my Greatshot and Grand Max STILL aren't in stock! :-x

I was lucky enough to find a US seller on EBay that had it for a comparable price to BBTS.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby o.supreme » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
My "complete" Cybertron city would consist of 4 Hubs (Metroplex, Fort Max, Grand Max, and Trypticon), and connecting all of them would be ALL TR Leader Class Figures, Legends God Bomber, and Greatshot, as well as SDCC Primitive Optimus. Of course I am missing the most expensive parts of this (Metro, Grand Max, Greatshot, and Primitive Optimus), but hopefully someday...if someone does happen to get all of these, and connect them all to be a mega city, that would be awesome. I'd love to see pics of it. Of course I know Metroplex has no connective plates like all the others do, but it would still be fun to include him.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby The_Cryptid_Person » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:29 pm

o.supreme wrote:My "complete" Cybertron city would consist of 4 Hubs (Metroplex, Fort Max, Grand Max, and Trypticon), and connecting all of them would be ALL TR Leader Class Figures, Legends God Bomber, and Greatshot, as well as SDCC Primitive Optimus. Of course I am missing the most expensive parts of this (Metro, Grand Max, Greatshot, and Primitive Optimus), but hopefully someday...if someone does happen to get all of these, and connect them all to be a mega city, that would be awesome. I'd love to see pics of it. Of course I know Metroplex has no connective plates like all the others do, but it would still be fun to include him.

That sounds amazing, I hope someone tries it with the new lg-ex releases! Out of curiosity, are you including all three Ginrais/Magnus Primes in the layout?
Rushing in where Hasbro fears to tread (for now)...
Check my Twitter for customs and digibashes! || My ongoing Transtopia thread
The_Cryptid_Person
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby o.supreme » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:35 pm

I have TR Leader PM Prime, and Magnus Prime from the *Siege on Cybertron* set. I also got God Bomber (LG 42). However I did not get the single release Super Ginrai, or the Combined God Ginrai set from :TAKARATOMY: . I figure the differences in those were minimal, however if someone does happen to have them all, that would be amazing.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
With all of those, you could also very easily make either Nemesis Command or Neo Akihabara City. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:25 pm

o.supreme wrote:I have TR Leader PM Prime, and Magnus Prime from the *Siege on Cybertron* set. I also got God Bomber (LG 42). However I did not get the single release Super Ginrai, or the Combined God Ginrai set from :TAKARATOMY: . I figure the differences in those were minimal, however if someone does happen to have them all, that would be amazing.

Aside from Grand (RKs shipping rates are a bit ouchy, wished it was a mass release via Amiami), I got all of them. Issue now is space and how to fit it all in City shot :(
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 pm

blackeyedprime wrote:My greatshots gone straight into a box o.O One of his knees cant be rotated past the front/unnatural knee bend where as the other one can not. Haven't really noticed any improvements on the knee joints over my hasbro six shot.

No more room for autobots at the mo until I get another book case or resign more to storage. Had to get the Legends version of Twintwist with the Hasbro one being in short supply. Probably going to be the same with Misfire in the end. Doubt I'll get around to chasing up the other legends I'm missing before the Street fighter versions arrive.

:shock: No improvements? Really? The knees being a floppy mess like the HB version?

The Takara gremlins strike again!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
fenrir72 wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:My greatshots gone straight into a box o.O One of his knees cant be rotated past the front/unnatural knee bend where as the other one can not. Haven't really noticed any improvements on the knee joints over my hasbro six shot.

:shock: No improvements? Really? The knees being a floppy mess like the HB version?

The Takara gremlins strike again!

Nope, Greatshots right leg is about the same as my hasbro six shot with the left leg being a lot stiffer. Maybe my hasbro six shot was pure luck tho because my hasbro quickswitch is a floppy mess.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Ebonsaber » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Finally got my Grand Max, but there's a real tiny issue... :-(

The ratchet swivel joint above the right elbow is so loose that it can't carry the weight of the sword, while the left one is fine. I suspect PE's PC-14X would be too heavy for him too...

Welp, time to grab a screwdriver and pad that joint...
Ebonsaber
Micromaster

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yes. PE's sword is very, very heavy!
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Ebonsaber » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Agamemnon wrote:Yes. PE's sword is very, very heavy!

PC-14X is actually the gun in red. GM does not need a 3p sword as he comes with his own sword, in which the issue with mine is that GM's right bicep swivel can't take the weight of his own sword...
Ebonsaber
Micromaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
First up, YAY!! Greatshot is finally instock at TFsource!

2nd thing though: the timing was absolutely terrible...

I literally shipped MP40, G2 Megs, and a Dr Wu Timegun a half hour before he came in stock. Now he'll need to wait till the end of May to ship with War Hammer Bee and a very special surprise for myself
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed May 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:First up, YAY!! Greatshot is finally instock at TFsource!

Took long enough, didn't it? For what it's worth, Grand Maximus finally came in stock at TFSource as well.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Wolfman Jake wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:First up, YAY!! Greatshot is finally instock at TFsource!

Took long enough, didn't it? For what it's worth, Grand Maximus finally came in stock at TFSource as well.

Only nearly a month and a half from the main Japanese sites. Now to wait on him to ship him
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, I finally got my G2 Megatron, and I am blown away.

I have not been a fan of this mold, mainly due to the legs and the way the wings keep falling off, but man this guy kills it. I adore the purple camo and the different purple and silver tones. He looks so good!

I did use all 4 stickers. The predacon ones went to Noble/Savage (I am keeping him solo, I love the little guy too much to pair him with Titan Master Roddy Prime), the G2 symbol on his cannon, and the 4th is obvious. The vulgar ego striking sticker had to go there, had to.

But anyway he is awesome and have some pictures:

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Greetings. I'm looking for a competent review of Legends Grand Maximus. I know it just came out, but the couple reviews I've seen on Youtube as of this writing are not that great. I know I may be asking a lot, but I really don't like when a toy reviewer says "I don't know what this is", or "I don't know what that's supposed to be..." I mean do a little research, or don't do it at all. Sorry just a little frustrated. I know in time probably some of the bigger more prominent reviewers will post their videos, but I was just curious. I intend to purchase this someday, its just I'm not sure when. $265 (is what I would pay after shipping from BBTS), is pretty steep, but its the least expensive price I can find at this time, and they seem to have plenty in stock.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed May 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I don't wish to be rude but isn't grand just a redco of takara fortress? Wouldn't a review of fortress aid you?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926P"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915V"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #285 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210467 285RI Anderson"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON