This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
In case anyone wants the BBTS link for Dai Atlas, sorry Big Powered, here it is. :D
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Acolyte » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 am

Um, 1500 yen is around $14, not $140. Unless you left off a zero?

william-james88 wrote:For those wondering, 1500 Yen for this LGEX toy means BBTS and others will price it at around $150 USD or slightly higher
Acolyte
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Agamemnon wrote:In case anyone wants the BBTS link for Dai Atlas, sorry Big Powered, here it is. :D

Nice. $160, I guess I'll have to see how things turn out next tax season. I'm not going to pre-order this unless I see the potential of it selling out quickly. There are still plenty of LGEX Grand Max, Metroplex, and Greatshot that are still all on my want list as well, but are quite plentifully in stock at BBTS.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Not a bad price for these, though I wonder if kapow will get a few in,given that they had managed to snag a few lgex items previously.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:56 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ZeroWolf wrote:Not a bad price for these, though I wonder if kapow will get a few in,given that they had managed to snag a few lgex items previously.

Its cheaper than past LGEX toys.

Past LGEX toys have been at these prices (from importers):

Deluxe: $40

Voyager: $60

Leader: $80-$95

So 2 deluxes and a leader could have easily been $175. I am glad its not.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am

william-james88 wrote:Past LGEX toys have been at these prices (from importers):

Deluxe: $40

Voyager: $60

Leader: $80-$95

So 2 deluxes and a leader could have easily been $175. I am glad its not.

Exactly. ;)^
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Domestic Listings for Takara Transformers LG-EX Big Powered and Comparison to G1 Figures

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 am

Both site sponsors BBTS and TF Source now have this set available for preorder for $159.99 USD.

Here are the listings:

BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/81630
TF Source: https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg-ex-big-powered/

Since thes are LG-Ex figures, they will not be available from Japanese retailers like HLJ or Amazon Japan.

This set comprises of Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber and Roadfire, which are all very heavy retools of the Skyshadow, Misfire and Twin Twist figures released last year. How heavy? Well, we laid out some images below for you tom compare between the original mold and the new toys we are getting. You will also see what the original G1 toys looked like, to see how faithful (or not) these new designs are to them. You can compare between robot modes, alt modes and even base modes. Most G1 images come from this blog post by fellow Seibertronian Scotty P.

Sonic Bomber

Roadfire

Dai Atlas

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am

I think many fans, including myself, saw the potential easily in retooling the Overlord/Skyshadow toy into Dai Atlus. However the work done with the other two bots to give us a fully functioning updated version of Big Powered is really amazing.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby KVO Prime » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 am

I just preordered this without hesitation from BBTS. I f**king love headmasters and this is just glorious. I was kind of hoping they would redo all the bots into headmasters, the way they were going with Titans Return... Oh wells, we got some great ones!
KVO Prime
Minibot

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am

Do Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire not have removable heads? I assumed they would have to from an engineering perspective? It really doesn't matter either way, but I just figured they would have to be, based on their source.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:25 am

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Part of me is hoping for a Violen Jiger toy... Wonder what figure could be remolded into him?

Not sure how they would pull that one off. Plus making an Autobot leader doesn't guarantee we will get his Decepticon counterpart. My Masterpiece Star Saber is still waiting for a proper Dezarus (I'm not counting that awful Sky Lynx repaint) to do battle with & Fort Max & Grand Max really need Scorponok & Black Zarak to go on shelves next to them.

As long as it took to get A new Trypticon, I think we can expect to wait much longer for a Violen Jiger. But I would be glad to be wrong on that one.
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 am

o.supreme wrote:Do Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire not have removable heads? I assumed they would have to from an engineering perspective? It really doesn't matter either way, but I just figured they would have to be, based on their source.

Earlier in the thread it was confirmed that they were headmasters.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 am

^The closest thing, without making a completely new toy would be that awful Alpha Q toy from Transformers Energon, and we definitely don't need to see that again. Some 3P company might come up with something interesting. Besides, since the Zone Manga isn't available in English, I don't know if Violenjiger was ever fully shown beyond his nebulous 3 faced form.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Earlier in the thread it was confirmed that they were headmasters.

Thanks, that's what I thought, it was just form KVO prime's post, it sounded like they may not be

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

I want to know how well put together the combined mode is.
The decepticon power master brothers, their combine vehicle mode was a horrible joke in the last line.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:38 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Got my pre-order in. If it's anything like Greatshot I'll find a US seller on eBay with the set in hand before BBTS gets it in.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm

o.supreme wrote:Do Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire not have removable heads? I assumed they would have to from an engineering perspective? It really doesn't matter either way, but I just figured they would have to be, based on their source.

There have been pictures of the heads. You can see them here

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... der/42210/

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Pics are up of the whole package, robot mode and vehicle mode. And what do I do?! Look at the Headmasters, and they're not based on their Micromaster partners it looks like :shock:
You do know why that is, yes?

I do not
The little guys are the characters' real selves in Japan, not separate-character partners. In this case, Dai Atlas and co. are the small guys while the larger ones are just lifeless bodies they control.

It wouldn't make sense for the little guys to look like Speeder, Sonic, and Drillbuster when they're supposed to be Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire themselves.

Didn't stop the Decepticon Targetmasters from looking like Blowpipe ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm

"Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. MINE! MINE! MINE!!" /Dragon Ball Z Abridged Vegeta
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
For anyone from Australia that may be after this set ...

Toybot Importz will be stocking it.
https://www.toybotimportz.com.au/collec ... ig-powered
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Burn wrote:For anyone from Australia that may be after this set ...

Does this mean you will, in fact, be picking up this set, Burn?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Pre-ordered so hard! I cannot wait to get this set, it is full on amazing, I can't believ how far they went to make thi set, they're all basically new figures now :shock:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:31 pm

I have but one criticism on this set which, otherwise, will be a goddamn LANDMARK in terms of CHUG releases: I really, really wish they had found a way to integrate even the crudest of waist joint on Dai Atlas as the lack of a waist joint is the only crippling weakness on the Sky Shadow/Overlord mold.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Burn wrote:For anyone from Australia that may be after this set ...

Does this mean you will, in fact, be picking up this set, Burn?

I'm holding out for a different supplier.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:^The closest thing, without making a completely new toy would be that awful Alpha Q toy from Transformers Energon, and we definitely don't need to see that again. Some 3P company might come up with something interesting. Besides, since the Zone Manga isn't available in English, I don't know if Violenjiger was ever fully shown beyond his nebulous 3 faced form.
Both the Zone manga and story pages have been available in English for about a decade, translated by Hydra and originally hosted at TF Pulp, but now hosted on Allspark.com:

Foreword by Kaneda Masumi
Zone Story Pages #1
Zone Story Pages #2
Zone Story Pages #3
Zone manga chapter
Zone Story Pages #4
Zone Story Pages #5
Zone Story Pages #6
Zone Story Pages #7
Zone Story Pages #8
Zone Story Pages #9
Zone Story Pages #10
Zone Story Pages #11
Zone Story Pages #12

Also available on TFArchive are the two Zone catalog stories, with English-translated descriptions for each, translated by DrSpengler. Though, while the first one takes place at the very beginning of Zone before all of the above content, the second one is kinda overridden by both the Zone episode and manga chapter, as it presents an abridged alternate take on the events of the episode/manga chapter:

Zone catalog story 1
Zone catalog story 2
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Dark Moon complete + more DOTM 2011 230427A"
ULTIMATE OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STING SHOT BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse 1-Step Changer Hasbro 2019 New"
STING SHOT BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal BUMBLEBEE Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 221009A"
Happy Meal BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 1-Step One Target 2015 211112A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers TCG BUMBLEBEE VS. MEGATRON Set 2-Player Starter Set (44 Cards) New"
Transformers TCG B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Bot Shots Series 1: B001 complete Hasbro 2012"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ion Burst OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 New"
Ion Burst OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BASH ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultra 2019 New"
BASH ATTACK OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON