This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote: translated by Hydra

Dont know where they found the time for that amongst all their world dominating plans.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Burn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: translated by Hydra

Dont know where they found the time for that amongst all their world dominating plans.

They're mostly in a rebuilding phase at this stage.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Fun fact: Aside from Scorponok/Black Zarak and Piranacon/King Poseidon, all the other 'Nine Demon Generals' now exist in Generations form. Meaning that while Valium Chugger Violen Jiger is still absent in toy form the other antagonists of Zone can be displayed versus Dai Atlas!

Now all they need are some capes... ;)
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Pre-order secured! Super stoked to see how this guy turns out in hand
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:23 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Pre-order secured! Super stoked to see how this guy turns out in hand

You and me both: this trio is made from some of my favorite molds. But seriously, now that friggin' ZONE of all things get some love from Takara, what's next? Will we see Sky Garry and Grandus? Big Bang? Star Convoy? :lol:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Skritz wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Pre-order secured! Super stoked to see how this guy turns out in hand

You and me both: this trio is made from some of my favorite molds. But seriously, now that friggin' ZONE of all things get some love from Takara, what's next? Will we see Sky Garry and Grandus? Big Bang? Star Convoy? :lol:

I wouldn't mind a full out Star Convoy. Battle Core Prime from CW was an homage to him and I love that Prime, he is my favorite Generations Prime.

I really want Black Zarak and Piranacon so we can complete the 9 demon generals, the titan city formers (considering Black Zarak would come from Scorponok, hopefully with a trident), and we can complete the scramble city combiner teams, and by extent all the US (at least) released combiners form G1 minus Monstructor (still waiting on something to happen there....).

I also want a Raiden in some form cause Trainbots, and hopefully the brainmasters are all gonna come too.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:

I wouldn't mind a full out Star Convoy. Battle Core Prime from CW was an homage to him and I love that Prime, he is my favorite Generations Prime.

I really want Black Zarak and Piranacon so we can complete the 9 demon generals, the titan city formers (considering Black Zarak would come from Scorponok, hopefully with a trident), and we can complete the scramble city combiner teams, and by extent all the US (at least) released combiners form G1 minus Monstructor (still waiting on something to happen there....).

I also want a Raiden in some form cause Trainbots, and hopefully the brainmasters are all gonna come too.

Indeed, Scorponok and Piranacon are truly among the 'missing parts' of modernizing the GEEWUN stuff, as well as some Victory characters.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Skritz wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Indeed, Scorponok and Piranacon are truly among the 'missing parts' of modernizing the GEEWUN stuff, as well as some Victory characters.

Oh! also, we need Sixknight to complete the 4-some of 6-changers
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Flashwave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Skritz wrote:

Star Convoy was part of the I spoke for the Triple Changer Prime toy we got in TR. It’s the yellow stripe up the chest rememniscent of his chest burst. (That figure is ALLLL The Primes)

But I wouldn’t mind an actual Star Convoy. Maybe they could squeeze it up of a Generations Armada Prime.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Flashwave wrote:
Skritz wrote:

Star Convoy was part of the I spoke for the Triple Changer Prime toy we got in TR. It’s the yellow stripe up the chest rememniscent of his chest burst. (That figure is ALLLL The Primes)
Not only that but an alternate Titan Master head based on Star Convoy's noggin was planned for that toy but never saw its intended release.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
It's both great and surprising that this very G1 tail ending character,set Big Powered has sparked such a great interest even among G1 hating fans.

This be good! :APPLAUSE:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Who are the 9 demon generals?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm

william-james88 wrote:Who are the 9 demon generals?
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nine_Great_Demon_Generals

Overlord
Devastator
Menasor
Bruticus
Trypticon
Predaking
Abominus
BlackZarak
King Poseidon

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
william-james88 wrote:Who are the 9 demon generals?

If I remember correctly it's Black Zarak, Predaking, Piranacon, Menasaur, Bruticus, Trypticon, Overlord, Abominus, and Devastator. :SG-CONS:
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
fenrir72 wrote:It's both great and surprising that this very G1 tail ending character,set Big Powered has sparked such a great interest even among G1 hating fans.

I think a lot of people were looking for a breath of fresh air from siege and this is as zany and obscure as you can probably get
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:46 pm

One of thwm looks like the hotspot redeco of Car Robots Fire Convoy

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

In addition to what I said before about the Zone manga and story pages being available in English, so too is the DVD version of the Zone episode available in English subtitled form as of 2015, courtesy of Karyuudo Fansubs:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:It's both great and surprising that this very G1 tail ending character,set Big Powered has sparked such a great interest even among G1 hating fans.

I think a lot of people were looking for a breath of fresh air from siege and this is as zany and obscure as you can probably get

I'd argue when people mean 'G1' most of the time they mean the Cartoon from season 1 to 3. Late G1 (post-cartoon) doesn't get the same amount of eye-rolls because it's far less re-threaded ground than yet another Optimus Prime and Megatron.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Hellscream9999 wrote:

One thing this shows is that if there are some more obscure characters you were hoping would get their own new figures, there's always a chance. Who would have thought a few years ago we would have modern versions of God Ginrai, Overlord, Greatshot, & Grand Maximus, just to name a few?
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Skritz wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I'd argue when people mean 'G1' most of the time they mean the Cartoon from season 1 to 3. Late G1 (post-cartoon) doesn't get the same amount of eye-rolls because it's far less re-threaded ground than yet another Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Yeah, give me a series based around thunderclash vs thunderwing or something else crazy

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:In addition to what I said before about the Zone manga and story pages being available in English, so too is the DVD version of the Zone episode available in English subtitled form as of 2015, courtesy of Karyuudo Fansubs:

Is it any good? Real question: is any of the JG1 cartoon stuff better than the Sunbow cartoon seasons 1-3? Like miles better?

Skritz wrote:I'd argue when people mean 'G1' most of the time they mean the Cartoon from season 1 to 3. Late G1 (post-cartoon) doesn't get the same amount of eye-rolls because it's far less re-threaded ground than yet another Optimus Prime and Megatron.

I think thats a winning argument. Most people (including people that worked at Hasbro) knew nothing of the JG1 stuff. I myself knew very little until joining this site. And I know for a fact that when Peter Cullen uses the word G1 (which he uses A LOT) its basically shorthand for whatever he was in.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Relic0037 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Skritz wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I once had a conversation with a friend and brought up Overlord & Ginrai to which he replied that he was only into G1. I told him they are part of G1, just the Japanese continuity that didn't make it over here back in the 80s. I've watched through the one episode of Zone which starred Dai Atlas who we're all excited about right now....pretty much for me that's the end of G1 or at least as far as I've gotten. So where exactly does G1 officially end? Is there a finite point or is this something up for debate amongst the fans?
Relic0037
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Skritz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Relic0037 wrote:
Skritz wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I once had a conversation with a friend and brought up Overlord & Ginrai to which he replied that he was only into G1. I told him they are part of G1, just the Japanese continuity that didn't make it over here back in the 80s. I've watched through the one episode of Zone which starred Dai Atlas who we're all excited about right now....pretty much for me that's the end of G1 or at least as far as I've gotten. So where exactly does G1 officially end? Is there a finite point or is this something up for debate amongst the fans?

To some people GEEWUN begin and end at the cartoon. Some aren't even aware of the Marvel comics which ran for a long time and laid out a substantial portion of the modern mythos. There's different ways to say what is and isn't 'G1' and it vary both from people in context:

Is G1 the entire continuity family, meaning American and Japanese Toon, Comics and toyline? Does it also include the Beast Era which is a direct sequel? Does it also include G2? Is IDW considered G1 as it is its own distinct continuity? Truth is it depend how you want to define it. But for most people, GEEWUN is "that-cartoon-I-watched-as-a-kid-and-the-toys-it-sold-me". Some purist who are still salty consider G1 to end at the Movie.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Relic0037 wrote:So where exactly does G1 officially end? Is there a finite point or is this something up for debate amongst the fans?

There is no finite point. The recent Legends comics we got from Japan are continuing the JG1 continuity so it is technically still going on.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:47 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Relic0037 wrote:So where exactly does G1 officially end? Is there a finite point or is this something up for debate amongst the fans?

There is no finite point. The recent Legends comics we got from Japan are continuing the JG1 continuity so it is technically still going on.

Well, Warden's heading up the brand, so... never :lol:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON