This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Auto Assembly 2015 Discussion Thread

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Auto Assembly 2015 Discussion Thread

Postby Demonology7789 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:34 pm

This sucks I absolutely love autoassembly :-( was a great convention highly recommend anyone who hasn't gone to go now you won't regret it
Demonology7789
Minibot
News Credits: 5

Postby Randomhero » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Ever since 2010 when I started listening to the Moonbase podcast I put it on my bucket list to attend an Auto Assembly. Sadly that I can't do it this year so that dream is shattered...
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Ah that sucks. I was hoping to attend but with the holiday my sister is planning stomping all over those plans, I was looking to next year :( what caused the issue?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
Any of you swines going to be joining me this year?

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
Blast Cannon
Headmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Va'al » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I is, again. In my red t-shirt. Again. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Do they give a reason for why it's going to come to an end?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
You are, of course, invited to the Seibertron.com Auto Assembly Piss Up hosted by myself and my friend tequila.

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
Blast Cannon
Headmaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Insurgent » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Va'al appears to have cut out a substantial part of the official announcement.

Basically, they state this has happened due to health issues and simply not being able to have the time to organise everything anymore with everything else happening in their lives.

I believe AA has simply become too successful. It's been fun, and mad props to the guys and gals who run it. This year shall simply have to be the grandest one of them all.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Va'al » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 am

Insurgent wrote:Va'al appears to have cut out a substantial part of the official announcement.

Basically, they state this has happened due to health issues and simply not being able to have the time to organise everything anymore with everything else happening in their lives.

I believe AA has simply become too successful. It's been fun, and mad props to the guys and gals who run it. This year shall simply have to be the grandest one of them all.

Intentionally, yes.

I cut parts out of articles so that people can go read the original at the source, allowing for views to both Seibertron.com and the originating website. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby hinomars19 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:08 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Darn it. I've only ever been to 1. I was set and ready to go in around 2013, had my tickets and invited a friend over to England to join me but she had to cancel due to a job interview appearing the same weekend. I ended up not going myself, was hoping a time may come where I would have the chance to try and take her again but that can't happen this year :(

Ah well, The guys running it need their own lives. Best of luck to them. Sounds like they are a little worse for ware, hope they all recover.
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Auto Assembly 2015 Guest Update - Andrew Wildman

Postby Va'al » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:50 am

Some news from Auto Assembly HQ, as they keep up their mission to make the 2015 event, the foreseeable last incarnation of Europe's biggest Transformers convention, the biggest yet - and a new guest is announced: the visual historical constant of the robots, Andrew Wildman! Check out more info here and below.

Once again we are being joined by comic supremo Andrew Wildman. Andrew needs no introduction to Transformers fans, having provided artwork for Transformers comics for almost every publisher to have released Transformers comic books over the last 30 year starting with the original Marvel UK run right up until his most recent work on Regeneration One. His work away from Transformers has been incredibly diverse and he will be with us all weekend to chat to fans, take to the stage for a panel alongside some of our other guests, have some of his original art for sale and to sketch for many of you (for a small charge).

We’re excited to be welcoming Andrew back and we’ll be bringing you more news of our next guests shortly…
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Allenspurs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:15 am

I've never made it to a convention before and was thinking of going but £38 ($55) for a day ticket!! Is that a fair price for this type of event?
Allenspurs
Minibot
Watch Allenspurs on YouTube
Buy from Allenspurs on eBay

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:13 am

For what you get and the type of guests? I'd say yes.
But you do need to be a fan of the comics and cartoon series (so far IDW, TF: Prime and Marvel are represented), pure G1 fans will not necessarily get as much out of it as I think others more into the newer iterations of the franchise will.

The amount of toys on sale, from bargains to new boxed stuff, is really quite impressive. But of course, that's extra money on top of your ticket.

Having said that, G1 is not at all excluded - and all fans are welcome, accepted and usually end up having a blast of a time, both inside the convention area and the bar/lounge. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Allenspurs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Va'al wrote:For what you get and the type of guests? I'd say yes.
But you do need to be a fan of the comics and cartoon series (so far IDW, TF: Prime and Marvel are represented), pure G1 fans will not necessarily get as much out of it as I think others more into the newer iterations of the franchise will.

The amount of toys on sale, from bargains to new boxed stuff, is really quite impressive. But of course, that's extra money on top of your ticket.

Having said that, G1 is not at all excluded - and all fans are welcome, accepted and usually end up having a blast of a time, both inside the convention area and the bar/lounge. :D

Thanks a lot va'al, I really appreciate the response.

To be honest I was thinking pretty much exactly what you described, but I wasn't expecting as much comic representation as you say there should be.

I stated with G1 toys as a kid and have mainly stuck to vintage reissue and masterpiece purchases but the comic series of the past few years has really reignited my interest in the buying agai, specifically generations and combiner wars.

You mentioned bargains for new boxed products, do you think the same will apply in the uk?

Thanks
Allenspurs
Minibot

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Auto Assembly is UK based, all in UK prices and with mostly UK sellers.
There are charity tables, fan sales, online retailer presence, local shops and import companies such as Kapow, ID and a couple of others.

And yes, there is the chance to get some hard to find stuff, both new and old! I would suggest looking at some haul videos on YouTube from the convention crowd (there are many), in which they show off what they got over the weekend. :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Allenspurs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:12 pm

OK I'm gonna hit up YouTube, just need to find a way of telling the wife what she will be doing on her birthday weekend now :-? !!
Allenspurs
Minibot

Postby Simes » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 am

To comment on any concerns / questions people may have about the ticket prices, especially when it comes to the single day passes, what we always try to ensure with Auto Assembly is that our tickets are "all inclusive" and with the exception of your personal travel and accommodation costs, food (naturally!) and whatever you bring to spend on toys or anything else, you won't have to pay a penny for anything to enjoy whatever Auto Assembly itself has to offer - all the panels, workshops and full access to the convention is included and we don't charge for autographs from any of our guests.

Equally, all attendees - whether they buy a weekend or single day pass - get the same package of items to take home with them from the convention. Every attendee gets a personalised pass with lanyard and this year will receive a set of the Auto Assembly 2015 exclusiove postcards, our convention exclusive comic, our convention magazine and we are looking into the possibility of some other items as well. All of these do cost money to produce and this has to come from the income we receive from ticket sales.

When it comes to the convention generally, being a weekend long event, as Auto Assembly has grown we've placed a greater emphasis on attending the full weekend so fans can get the most out of the convention and all the extended activities taking place not only during the day but the evenings as well. In selling single day tickets that affects our ability to sell weekend tickets because we do have a limited capacity at the convention hotel so it's something else we have to factor in with ticket pricing. Any event that offers weekend and single day tickets offers discounts for weekend tickets in comparison to buying individual days so what we do isn't unusual but we have always hoped that what Auto Assembly offers across the whole convention from Friday through to Sunday is enough to tempt people to opt for the full ticket instead.

Pricing is always difficult (and I'm sure the guys at BotCon and TFCon would agree with me on this one) but we have tried to keep costs as low as we can over the years both for weekend and one day attendees. We have had options to drop prices before if we introduced autograph charges or other optional costs but we felt that this wouldn't have been fair on any of our attendees so this all-inclusive package is the fairest on everyone.

Simon

Auto Assembly 2015 - Sumalee Montano, James Horan and more... 21st - 23rd August 2015, Birmingham, England. Europe's biggest Transformers convention... you KNOW it makes sense!!
Simes
Micromaster
Buy from Simes on eBay

Auto Assembly 2015 Guest Update - Simon Furman

Postby Va'al » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:40 am

Some more Auto Assembly news, confirming another foundation of the Transformers' fictional universe, and almost as constant in its history as Rung - Simon Furman has just been confirmed as guest for the 2015 event! Check out more info here and below.

Bread and butter; crackers and cheese; Kirk and Spock… all classic combinations and tradition dictates that Auto Assembly has always played host to one of Transformers most well-known classic combination as well. Ever since their debut at the convention in 2003, they have been a familiar sight at the event and firm fan favourites and we announced one half of this legendary duo a few days ago as making a return to the convention. And with Andrew Wildman confirmed for Auto Assembly 2015 already it was only a matter of time before we had to confirm that his long-standing partner in crime, Simon Furman, is returning once again!

Simon Furman needs no introduction to Transformers fans having penned stories for almost every Transformers publisher imaginable – Marvel UK, Marvel US, Dreamwave, IDW, Panini, Titan as well as editing the Marvel UK comic for a brief spell. Since making his debut in 2003, Simon has appeared at every Auto Assembly event apart from one and even attended Auto Assembly Europe in 2011 making him Auto Assembly’s most prolific guest ever!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Genericon #378 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
FURMANISM!!!
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Auto Assembly 2015 Guest Update - Andrew Griffith

Postby Va'al » Fri May 01, 2015 8:49 am

Slick-looking, smooth-talking, art-drawing IDW Publishing creator Andrew Griffith, current regular on The Transformers ongoing series, will be returning to the biggest European convention for its swansong: Auto Assembly 2015! Griffith will be joining an ever-growing list of guests, which you can check out here, and read more about below.

After making his debut with us back in 2013, we felt that his return to the convention was long overdue so we’re pleased to announce that popular comic artist Andrew Griffith will be joining us once again at Auto Assembly 2015! For those of you not familiar with his work (shame on you) Andrew has an extensive list of Transformers credits list to his name having worked for IDW Publications on a wide range of their titles including Robots in Disguise, Last Stand Of The Wreckers and the movie adaptations for Revenge Of The Fallen and Dark Of The Moon.

Andrew will be with us all weekend, sketching in our guests area and as with many of our artists joining us will have prints and original artwork with him for sale as well. Keep an eye out on the website as well as we will be bringing you details of how you can pre-book your exclusive sketches from Andrew to beat the queues over the convention weekend and guarantee your personalised artwork from him!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Auto Assembly 2015 Guest Update - Jim Sorenson

Postby Va'al » Fri May 29, 2015 11:52 am

Another update from the final ever (for now at least) Auto Assembly convention, still the biggest in Europe, still happening in Birmingham, UK: a new returning guest has been confirmed, in the form, shape and hat(s) of Jim Sorenson, the unofficially official Transformers archivist! Find out more information about the event here, and read on for more on Jim.

In our final year, team Auto Assembly is delighted to welcome back one of our favourite Matrix-bearers, the irreplaceable Jim Sorenson!

Jim has penned some of our fandom’s most beloved including the much lauded “Transformers Legacy: The Art of Transformers Packaging” and the fan favourite “Transformers Animated: The Complete Allspark Almanac”. Most recently he has been working for the Official Transformers Collector’s Club on the “Beast Wars: Uprising” series.

Be sure to have your copies to hand if you want to get them signed by this almighty author at the final AA – it’ll be one for the history books! (see what we did there… author… books… yeah we’ll keep working on the gags).

If you haven’t already registered for the convention, you can book now for Auto Assembly 2015 which is taking place over the weekend of 21st – 23rd August 2015 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, Birmingham, England at our Ticket Bookings Page.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Auto Assembly 2015 - Andrew Griffith Commission Pre-Orders

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Auto Assembly 2015 is also rolling closer, and IDW Transformers artist Andrew Griffith has opened up the pre-order list on his blog for commissions to pick up at the event! Check out below some examples of his work, and head here to place your orders - and here to book your convention tickets!

Auto Assembly Commission requests
Hello,

As you may have heard, I’ll be a guest artist at Auto Assembly in Birmingham, UK August. (Sadly, the very last one!)

As with most shows, I’ll be taking a certain amount of sketch requests ahead of time. (I would prefer receiving payment ahead of time through paypal if possible.)

Prices:

B&W
£20 Head sketch on 22.86cm x 30.48cm
£50 Bust on 27.94cm x 35.56cm
£80 Full Body on 27.94cm x 35.56cm (£120 for combiners)
£30-80 Sketch cover, depending on what you want on it.

Color
£10 extra per piece

If you want to order a sketch ahead of time, please email me at glovestudios@gmail.com with the following:
- Your name, or what you preferred to go by.
- Size
- Head/Bust/Full Body, etc…
- Character
- Days you will be at the show so I know when it needs done by if I get backed up.

Originals

Also, I have a good amount of original pages from various Transformers comics. If you are interested in any covers or pages, let me know and I’ll see if I have it available for sale.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:17 pm

That gorgeous Lockdown is part of my collection. :x
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #280 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200419 280B (CA) McKeown"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM819 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YEARBOOK #2 IDW Comics 2021 APR210632 Lattie 230926V"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI Joe: THE FALL OF GI JOE #3 IDW Comics 2014 200210a"
GI Joe: THE FALL O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 1B (CA) Liefeld 231208D"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON