This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust Unveiled

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust Unveiled

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:24 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
All that fuss over a tiny triangle shaped blank space over the green rectangle. Oh, corpyrights, you so cray cray.

Anyway, I would get Wheeljack over him anytimes.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

MP-23 Exhaust Release Delayed Until March

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:36 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
With a new look, MP-23 Exhaust also has a delay. Thanks to site sponsor TFSource, MP-23 Exhaust has been delayed until March. Originally the figure was supposed to release at the end of February. Although release delays are nothing new to Masterpiece figures, it might be advantageous and make it easier to ship with MP-24 Star Saber to save on shipping costs. You can view the TFSource MP-23 Exhaust listing here and here with coin.

-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby RhA » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:44 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
-Kanrabat- wrote:All that fuss over a tiny triangle shaped blank space over the green rectangle. Oh, corpyrights, you so cray cray.

Anyway, I would get Wheeljack over him anytimes.

Thankfully, we can get both. :michaelbay:
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:32 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wolfguard wrote:
These new images show a slightly tweaked deco due to legal issues raised by Philip Morris which prevented the figure from being marketed or sold in the U.S. The initial deco used marks that are trademarked by Philip Morris for their Marlboro cigarettes brand. The green bits on the hood are now full rectangles while the red pattern on the hood has also been altered.

Well, well, well, looks like the thing I said could be done - what people told me wouldn't be done - just got done. Imagine that...

>:oP

Jup, totally did not expect that. Still baffled that they did, looks like westerners have become a large enough part of their target market to care about stuff like that.

This could be potentially bad for Megatron now that I think about it...

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby megatronus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
fenrir72 wrote:So if Rieje/Mirage gets released, Tomy/Takara will now know what NOT to do then unless Gitanes is okay with their Logo posted on an MP figure/vehicle.

:-?

Does a French company have to deal with the same regulations Phillip Morris is subject to?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:39 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
megatronus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:So if Rieje/Mirage gets released, Tomy/Takara will now know what NOT to do then unless Gitanes is okay with their Logo posted on an MP figure/vehicle.

:-?

Does a French company have to deal with the same regulations Phillip Morris is subject to?

I don't see a problem. The toy had "Citanes", anyway. Why wouldn't they just go with that? They need the manufacturer's permission to replicate the car, but not necessarily the sponsor.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wolfguard wrote:
These new images show a slightly tweaked deco due to legal issues raised by Philip Morris which prevented the figure from being marketed or sold in the U.S. The initial deco used marks that are trademarked by Philip Morris for their Marlboro cigarettes brand. The green bits on the hood are now full rectangles while the red pattern on the hood has also been altered.

Well, well, well, looks like the thing I said could be done - what people told me wouldn't be done - just got done. Imagine that...

Last I remember, you were talking about changing colors, which they did not. They merely tweaked the pattern. >:oP

Good to see TakaraTomy found a way around it.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby megatronus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:30 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

Last I remember, you were talking about changing colors, which they did not. They merely tweaked the pattern. >:oP

I'm glad too (clearly). Wish they could have kept the red on the hood the same - it looked so much more elegant in the unadulterated deco. Oh well. Again, crossing my fingers for stickers or some other fix to that issue (though getting into those hood grooves might be hard)...

I wonder how the Japanese feel about having the deco tweaked. I'd be annoyed if I were them. Question is: do we think this would have been cancelled if it were unavailable to American collectors? Or, do we think Takara would have been liable had these things found their way to the US somehow?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:44 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

I'm glad too (clearly). Wish they could have kept the red on the hood the same - it looked so much more elegant in the unadulterated deco. Oh well. Again, crossing my fingers for stickers or some other fix to that issue (though getting into those hood grooves might be hard)...

I wonder how the Japanese feel about having the deco tweaked. I'd be annoyed if I were them. Question is: do we think this would have been cancelled if it were unavailable to American collectors? Or, do we think Takara would have been liable had these things found their way to the US somehow?

I think they would be liable, somehow. Also, there is a chance Hasbro got involved since Transformers technically belongs to them, they are one of the most socially responsible companies in the world and all that. It is certainly a complicated legal issue.

I was just wondering - Perhaps the announcements of further Masterpiece figures has something to do with the delay of this figure? I mean, they would have had to redesign the paint application, retool the painting machines, change the art and perhaps reprint the boxes...etc. etc. They might have held up production on other things in order to make this change...
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby Convoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:28 am

The fact that both the green and red chevron designs didn't actually angle to a point should have been enough to avoid this sort of thing in the first place. I can't fault TT for not wanting to waste the time or, more importantly, the money in a court case against Big Tobacco. The whole issue reminds me of when Apple 'invented' the rounded rectangle.
SMH
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:10 am

I'm very happy about this, as I was dreading having to pay $150 to some shady dude in Hong Kong....
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:45 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
More time for us to save.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Diem » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:33 am

Well it's a hit to authenticity (and therefore also a hit to the appeal of this figure, since the bona-fide Lancia deco was one of the major things going for it). Given that Malboor was never really a TF "character" anyway he's pretty much lost his only claim to fame here. I'll still get it because I'm a sucker for original official TF characters and I'm sure Reprolabels will do a thing, but this is a blow.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Dead Metal wrote:Jup, totally did not expect that. Still baffled that they did, looks like westerners have become a large enough part of their target market to care about stuff like that.

I'm sure they noticed when all of the major Japanese exporters like HobbyLink Japan, Hobby Search, and AmiAmi complained about having to delist him from their English stores. This didn't really effect me since the store I ordered from was small enough to fly under PM's radar and my order stayed active.

This could be potentially bad for Megatron now that I think about it...

Not likely. An orange stopper will still be enough to pass US toy gun safety standards. Exhaust was an entirely different type of legal issue. Big government lawyers aren't going to care nearly as much as big corporate lawyers.

Emerje
Last edited by Emerje on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby megatronus » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Diem wrote:Well it's a hit to authenticity (and therefore also a hit to the appeal of this figure, since the bona-fide Lancia deco was one of the major things going for it). Given that Malboor was never really a TF "character" anyway he's pretty much lost his only claim to fame here. I'll still get it because I'm a sucker for original official TF characters and I'm sure Reprolabels will do a thing, but this is a blow.

I feel ya. The authenticity factor was more or less the appeal of this character...
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Robogeek1973 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 pm

I actually prefer the new look to be honest.
Robogeek1973
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 5

Postby ScottyP » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Diem wrote:I'm sure Reprolabels will do a thing, but this is a blow.

Wouldn't count on that. Could be wrong, but pretty sure they're against ever doing the Marlboro thing based on some moral standard. Again, I could be wrong about this.

megatronus wrote:Question is: do we think this would have been cancelled if it were unavailable to American collectors? Or, do we think Takara would have been liable had these things found their way to the US somehow?

My guess would be that it was a way to placate retailers that place large orders that were going to have trouble moving that stock without import purchases. Think TRU since they usually do Australian distribution on these, and to a much lesser extent places like HLJ. Then again, the MSA is pretty draconian, so could have also had to do with TRU being liable even somewhere like Japan since they're US based. To keep on my disclaimer train, just want to state again that this is also all pure speculation ;)
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
ScottyP wrote:

Wouldn't count on that. Could be wrong, but pretty sure they're against ever doing the Marlboro thing based on some moral standard. Again, I could be wrong about this.

Scotty is exactly right about this. They wont touch it with a 10 foot pole. The M word is a dirty word as far as they are concerned.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Scotty is exactly right about this. They wont touch it with a 10 foot pole. The M word is a dirty word as far as they are concerned.

This set is kind of expensive. But it includes both Wheeljack's and Exhaust's. It's also official.

Last edited by fenrir72 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby SkyWarpt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
Ironically, I know the person that brought the death to Joe Camel. She was a little girl at the time that thought the Camel lighter was a toy...so she played with it. She also just so happened to be wearing a Chuck-E-Cheese tshirt that had a highly flammable prit on it. She is scarred to this day as an adult.
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:47 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Not just Malboro though. I once contacted them if they would do a sticker set for Generations Wheeljack inspired by the Malboro deco, but instead use "Kup's Cygars" as branding. They refused and said they want absolutely nothing to do with anything similar to Malboro Wheeljack.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Blackstreak » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:55 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
I'm sure Reprolabels.com will produce a set of decals to restore the original deco.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Blackstreak wrote:I'm sure Reprolabels.com will produce a set of decals to restore the original deco.
See the conversation above your post.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7

Postby Wolfguard » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:49 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wolfguard wrote:

Aaaaaand the point I made about changing it to work around the trademark issues remains the same.

:-B
"Logic is the ultimate weapon" - Prowl
Wolfguard
Minibot
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Ravage XK » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:20 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Seems Philip Morris are still not happy with the revised appearance of Exhaust as Kapow Toys have been told..

It is with sadness that we have now stopped taking orders for Masterpiece Exhaust. Even with the changes to the bonnet it seems the tobacco company Philip Morris the parent company of Marlboro still do not like the fact a robotic car bares resemblance to one of their cigarette packets. We have been told in no certain terms that the product must be removed from our website immediately, yaaaaaaay frown emoticon

If you have any questions about the subject at hand please email contact@kapowtoys.co.uk for more info.

Thanks!

Andy

As posted on their Facebook page.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 302A 1023IM317 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010O"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr E RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 300E (CA) Royle"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #281 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 210518B 281RI (CA)Maloney"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON