This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust Unveiled

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust Unveiled

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
shajaki wrote:the recent march '15 issue of dangeki hobby features some shots of our pal exhaust. im taking it as a good sign that he's still being released :grin:
The issue was never about its being released (in Japan), but about its being sold by importers to American consumers. It's gonna come out in its domestic Japanese retail release regardless of anything Phillip Morris does to stop it from commercially reaching American shores.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby shajaki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Sporting his new looks, even. Nobody said anything about him being canceled though: he just can't be sold to anyone within the US, which strangely renders the change moot... :-?
strangely enough.. TFsource has their preorders back up.

Sabrblade wrote:The issue was never about its being released (in Japan), but about its being sold by importers to American consumers. It's gonna come out in its domestic Japanese retail release regardless of anything Phillip Morris does to stop it from commercially reaching American shores.
i know i know. but after they made the changes and it still didnt make PM happy, there was some speculation that he might be cancelled. all i was saying was maybe this will eleviate some of thoese worries.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Robogeek1973 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:04 pm

shajaki wrote:strangely enough.. TFsource has their preorders back up.

Which leads me to believe that the lawyers say it's enough of a change in the deco to make it to U.S stores, and that it's just that PM isn't happy about it still.
Robogeek1973
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I still don't get what the fuss is all about, for the online retailers in the USA, the ruling PM keeps on yacking about is that no tobacco related products must not be marketed to kids. That's the crux of the problem.

Follow what a certain Japan based online specialty shop does. Especially for their adult only figures that show case accurate female anatomical parts.................accept payments for Exhaust using only a credit card verification system. Don't use PayPal etc. Simplicity itself.

If that legal ruling ascribes to above 21 years old, then only process the orders for 21 year old customers. (I haven't read the ruling in its entirety so to be safe, sell ONLY to 21 year old customers using a credit card)

Tomy/Takara already changed the original Malboor patterns. That I think is more than enough.

P.S. I'm overseas based so no worries but this is kind of OT already.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:00 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
This isn't an issue that is only a problem for US collectors. Kapow Toys in the UK were contacted and told they couldn't sell it.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 am

Ravage XK wrote:This isn't an issue that is only a problem for US collectors. Kapow Toys in the UK were contacted and told they couldn't sell it.

WTFark? It's that bad? Jeez! It's as if its analogous to selling illegal drugs or something.

Still, Tomy redesigned it already and just ensure you (as a vendor) sell it to adults. Does that not fulfill the legal mumbo jumbo already?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby helli0n » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Motto: "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Amazon Japan has pushed their shipping date for Exhaust from Feb 28th to March 28th. There was nothing specific in their e-mail about the general release, but it would seem that its being pushed back by a month.
helli0n
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch helli0n on YouTube
Buy from helli0n on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby shajaki » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 pm

What does this mean? I can only speculate, but when places like Toys R Us in Australia get Takara MP's on their shelves, isn't it technically Hasbro Asia doing the distribution? Or am I just really jumbled here?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby megatronus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
shajaki wrote:Image

What does this mean? I can only speculate, but when places like Toys R Us in Australia get Takara MP's on their shelves, isn't it technically Hasbro Asia doing the distribution? Or am I just really jumbled here?

I'm praying HLJ or chiming come through...
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I pre-ordered mine through a chinese retailer on ebay. Hopefully, MP-23 isn't simply canceled altogheter...My shelves need Decepticons that aren't Black versions of Autobots.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Must be a Japan exclusive then. No ordering anywhere but Japan.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust In-Box Images

Postby shajaki » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Let this news end any speculation as to the fate of MP-23 Exhaust! Thanks to an auction on Yahoo Japan, we have our first look at Exhaust all boxed up and ready to find its way in collectors' hands. Due to widely reported legal issues surrounding this Wheeljack retool, some had speculated if he would be released at all. Though he may be difficult to acquire in certain parts of the world, now might be the time to have a slight sigh of relief! Check out the images below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby megatronus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

I love that photo on the back of the box of him interacting with Soundwave. Huzzah more Decepticons! :D
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Economus Prime » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:31 pm

I don't know why I find his function of "Industrial Espionage" amusing, but I do.
Economus Prime
Mini-Con

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Soundwave: Exhaust, you know what you must do.

Exhaust: I-I don't know if I can betray my sponsor.

Soundwave: They betrayed you long before this day; they wrote you off; you meant nothing to them. Take this and seek your revenge against all who forgot about you; all who those who wronged you; all at Philip Morris...
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:21 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Soundwave: Exhaust, you know what you must do.

Exhaust: I-I don't know if I can betray my sponsor.

Soundwave: They betrayed you long before this day; they wrote you off; you meant nothing to them. Take this and seek your revenge against all who forgot about you; all who those who wronged you; all at Philip Morris...

:lol:

Brilliant!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby shajaki » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:30 pm

OK. I just read TFormers take on this. And... I don't know where they're getting their info from.

MP-23 Exhaust Box Images of Cancelled Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Figure
By BaCon on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Looks like the wheel are still turning on the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust figure thanks to some new In-Box Images that just appeared on Yahoo! auctions Japan via seller totosouen2. Could this mean the figure is still coming soon or will there be some of these cancelled figures floating around? Only time time will tell. Get a look at the box front and back in the meantime.

I'd like to point out, that no one anywwhere had confirmed that the figure had been entirely cancelled. Lots of speculation, news about no importing, and that recent bit about Hasbro Asia, but it being completely cancelled? Totally unconfirmed.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
shajaki wrote:OK. I just read TFormers take on this. And... I don't know where they're getting their info from.

MP-23 Exhaust Box Images of Cancelled Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Figure

Looks like the wheel are still turning on the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust figure thanks to some new In-Box Images that just appeared on Yahoo! auctions Japan via seller totosouen2. Could this mean the figure is still coming soon or will there be some of these cancelled figures floating around? Only time time will tell. Get a look at the box front and back in the meantime.

I'd like to point out, that no one anywwhere had confirmed that the figure had been entirely cancelled. Lots of speculation, news about no importing, and that recent bit about Hasbro Asia, but it being completely cancelled? Totally unconfirmed.
I'd wager they're jumping the gun. Only foreign market e-tailers have canceled their orders of the figure. Domestic Japanese sellers will likely still get it.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7

Postby megatronus » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:OK. I just read TFormers take on this. And... I don't know where they're getting their info from.

I'd wager they're jumping the gun. Only foreign market e-tailers have canceled their orders of the figure. Domestic Japanese sellers will likely still get it.

I would say so - HLJ still hasn't cancelled my preorder, so I'm hopeful.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Desslok2201 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:16 pm

I'm not going to sell anyone out, but at least one domestic seller has also not cancelled preorders. I'm sure this release is happening.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby triKlops » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Hell yes; he gets closer and closer to release.
The packaging looks pretty sweet too.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:26 am

Just read an article about him. The poster(in another site) kind of presented that the item was cancelled.

Distribution wise, in the American market, there will be "issues" to put it lightly but the figure was not cancelled. Tomy went even further to re design the "M" pyramid pattern.

Sometimes, I wish the so called "reporters" would proof check their posts.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:02 pm

fenrir72 wrote:Just read an article about him. The poster(in another site) kind of presented that the item was cancelled.

Distribution wise, in the American market, there will be "issues" to put it lightly but the figure was not cancelled. Tomy went even further to re design the "M" pyramid pattern.

I just read the same article. They are really pushing that cancellation angle. I dropped the news about Hasbro Asia in this thread late last week I think.

All I'll say is, I'm still unsure what role Hasbro Asia has. But them cancelling distribution of Exhaust doesn't mean he's cancelled entirely.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
shajaki wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Just read an article about him. The poster(in another site) kind of presented that the item was cancelled.

I just read the same article. They are really pushing that cancellation angle. I dropped the news about Hasbro Asia in this thread late last week I think.

All I'll say is, I'm still unsure what role Hasbro Asia has. But them cancelling distribution of Exhaust doesn't mean he's cancelled entirely.

Australia has its own local Hasbro department, much like the UK and Europe. They are the ones who periodically import high-end TakaraTomy figures like Masterpieces. Hasbro Asia does the same for its own territories in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, but having close ties to the main office in the US means no local branch can release MP Exhaust under the pressure of you-know-who.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:13 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
shajaki wrote:

Australia has its own local Hasbro department, much like the UK and Europe. They are the ones who periodically import high-end TakaraTomy figures like Masterpieces. Hasbro Asia does the same for its own territories in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, but having close ties to the main office in the US means no local branch can release MP Exhaust under the pressure of you-know-who.

That being the case, collectors will be importing them by bypassing Hasbro then. Somoene must really be hedging on getting this fig to make a killing in the secondary market.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING STARSCREAM Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 4 Retro Figure 2021"
KING STARSCREAM Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST OF STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV1 2022 New"
GHOST OF STARSCREA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 1 2020 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON