This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Potential Transformers RID Dinobot Grimlock Prototype in Age of Extintion BluRay Special Features

Postby Zeedust » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Looks interesting, but I don't think I can form an opinion without seeing it in both modes.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ScottyP wrote:That said, if it is indeed Grimlock, it's pretty clever to make him green given the name of the series :D

I refuse to acknowledge that as "Grimlock", only as "Build Hurricane" [-(

I just roll with it because I'm already acknowledging both Inferno the ant and Inferno the fire truck, may as well do the same for Grimlock. That said, this one is still "the other Grimlock".

Hammer wrote:Fantastic
Grimlock's in AoE for what, 4 minutes? and we get a million T Rex's flooding stores in one way or another. Now there's a series that features him? Oh boy :HEADHURTS:

He'll probably get actual screentime and characterization in the show, and the RID v2 toyline looks like it's rather scaled-down from what they're pouring out for AoE, so it might not be as bad as you expect.

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Grimlock? Again? Can we focus on something more than just Dinobots? The Monsterbots haven't been used yet.

I wouldn't mind Rhinox getting reimagined for a new show, personally.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Re: Potential Transformers RID Dinobot Grimlock Prototype in Age of Extintion BluRay Special Features

Postby Shockwave7 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:13 pm

It does vaguely LOOK like TFA Grimlock, but it looks like the upper and lower jaw split apart to form either the feet or the arms or something. There's a big ol' gap between them at the moment, which I hope they mean to shore up. But given how Hasbro and other toy companies have been cutting corners lately, I have my doubts.

Like most tformer lines it shows promise, but we can only wait and see how the final product may look...
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby kaijuguy19 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:48 pm

I like how he has element of his TFA,and AOE designs with elements of Godzilla thrown in. That is if he's meant to be Grimlock but seeing as how he's been given huge exposure through AOE I think it wouldn't be that surprising that Hasbro wants to milk his popularty as much as they can.

I'm looking forward to see what the NYCC has to show us. :D
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Continuing the longstanding tradition of not really resembling a T. rex all that well, I see. Not that I mind.

I kinda like the "bulky" look. Assuming that is what it is and not some odd illusion caused by the shadows and striped shirt...

Quick, someone do a quick color digibash!

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I refuse to acknowledge that as "Grimlock", only as "Build Hurricane" [-(

Build HurriCrane!
"But it's an exca--"
HURRICRANE!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ScottyP wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Where are we getting the "green" Dinobot part from now? This is clearly just a prototype cast in resin.

There's production or some teaser footage somewhere showing a green T-Rex. I'll go hunt for it.

edit: found it, not sure this got news'd here on Seibertron :/ http://www.allspark.com/content/2014/07 ... mlock-rid/
That's it. Though, their calling it Grimlock is likewise a guess on their part.

The thing that really gets me is the fact that this guy will be a part of Bumblebee's team, so whoever he is, he'll be serving under Bumblebee's command, which is hard for me to see one like Grimlock willfully doing.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:46 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:The thing that really gets me is the fact that this guy will be a part of Bumblebee's team, so whoever he is, he'll be serving under Bumblebee's command, which is hard for me to see one like Grimlock willfully doing.

Well, if that part of the plot doesn't just write itself, I don't know what else does! :lol:
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:43 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ScottyP wrote:That said, if it is indeed Grimlock, it's pretty clever to make him green given the name of the series :D

I refuse to acknowledge that as "Grimlock", only as "Build Hurricane" [-(

I refuse to acknowledge anything with tractor treads as "Hurricane" ;)
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Transformers RID Titans Prototypes: Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Wolf Character

Postby Va'al » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As TFCon Chicago gets so very close, and NYCC is just around the corner, we'll keep on getting Transformers: Robots in Disguise news. Today, it's the auctions of a China-based eBay seller, jet_tang_2000, who appears to have prototypes for the series' iteration of the non-transforming Titans. The three figures available, show off three headsculpts and body variations: Bumblebee, Qui-Gonn Optimus Prime and a new head dubbed Galvatron by the seller - though it looks a lot like that wolfish character in the trailer. Check them out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:39 am

You know who the wolf Con is reminding me of (at least face-wise)? This guy:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:59 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:You know who the wolf Con is reminding me of (at least face-wise)? This guy:

Megatron? :lol:

By the by, that "Wolf-Con" may be connected to that wolf-like insignia we saw on a slide for a Hasbro presentation.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby VioMeTriX » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:19 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
YAY!!! more non-transforming transformers.... what the **** is this line coming to? soon we wont be able to call them transformers, just robots...

this is Hasbro telling us our kids are too stupid for real transformers? kids today can do things now that most adults couldn't do 20 yrs ago and even today, so don't treat the kids like they are stupid

*I cry everytime I watch "Code of Hero"...
VioMeTriX
Targetmaster
Strength: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:29 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
VioMeTriX wrote:YAY!!! more non-transforming transformers.... what the **** is this line coming to? soon we wont be able to call them transformers, just robots...

this is Hasbro telling us our kids are too stupid for real transformers? kids today can do things now that most adults couldn't do 20 yrs ago and even today, so don't treat the kids like they are stupid

Dear, those are prototypes what you normally call the "shampoo bottles", they're not the main line figures. I'm still surprised they're keeping the Titan lines alive...
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:23 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
no way this show could be as bad as beast machines
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Shockwave7 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:23 am

With various sources now making hay about the upcoming RiD figures, I guess this means the movie toy hullabaloo is really winding down. We may well see the movie stuff on clearance soon. As I anticipated, most of the movie4 stuff wound up warming the shelf, big time. I'll soon be seeing Grimlock figures for $5 at Ross or TJ Maxx.

Still won't buy them. Stick it, Bay. Your 'reboot' was more like a rePOOP. What does it say about you as a writer/director/producer, when CHILDREN's shows have better writing and stories than your movies?

And I found the Classics Prime/Evasion Prime G1 2-pack at TRU. What a disappointment. Not in the evasion figure itself, it's a fine mold (it's the ONLY movie4 toy I have), but I was told there was going to be a face mask head-sculpt for Evasion Prime - which would have made it worth buying again. But it was just the normal face movie sculpt with shinier paint. That's just LAZY. It had chrome covered bits (they both did), but without a face plate sculpt... well why did they say there was going to be one in the first place if they didn't mean it?
Last edited by Shockwave7 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:29 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
these stupid things fill up the toy shelves. I hate them. They are such a let down. I'm not one to rail against toys for kids but I think non-transformable transformers are not the way to go...

The simple one steps are alright, but this stuff and those sparkler AoE toys just take up shelf space.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:38 am

BEHOLD! We now possess the technology to give Titan figures LEG ARTICULATION! :HEADHURTS:
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:38 am

I hate non-transforming TFs too, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro (and their licensees) have been making non-transforming TF toys since the 80's, and it hasn't ruined the franchise yet, so I don't see what the big deal is. What about those stupid "drone" figures that were unpainted and had no articulation? Collectors still buy those on eBay. Or go check out the prices on MISB Action Masters. I bet you in 20 years, collectors will be paying top-dollar for these Titan figures.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby dreadwing95 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:47 am

the wolfguy being galvatron? i can see it. hes got similar features
dreadwing95
Minibot

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:20 am

"Galvatron" here appears to be missing the top half of his head. Eyes should be exactly midway in the face. >:oP

I hope the more high-end versions of the character has better proportions. I don't think anything bothers me more. (Thinking especially of figures with misplaced waists, too short legs, etc.)
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:02 pm

GuyIncognito wrote:I hate non-transforming TFs too, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro (and their licensees) have been making non-transforming TF toys since the 80's, and it hasn't ruined the franchise yet, so I don't see what the big deal is. What about those stupid "drone" figures that were unpainted and had no articulation? Collectors still buy those on eBay. Or go check out the prices on MISB Action Masters. I bet you in 20 years, collectors will be paying top-dollar for these Titan figures.

I agree with your sentiment that non-Transforming toys have been around for a long time (Action Masters, Pretender shells, etc). However, I see those more as the best that could be done or as playing with gimmicks. Also, they (aside from some AMs) were all original characters, not simplified versions of ones that already had toys that did transform.

Again, not trying to start anything, just a conversation about why people are reacting the way they do at all these Titans. Personally, I think it's because, aside from one-step-changers and that deluxe BB, this is all we've seen of the RID line, and it's not very impressing to lead with simplified versions instead of the main line. That, and we've seen these types become shelf warmers twice now (Prime and AOE), and have no reason to think it won't keep happening.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
beast wars silverbolt! is that you? and how did you hop into a different portion of the multiverse? :???: :-? >:oP :HEADHURTS:
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
why is habro keeping this subline? Its clogging shelves now and thats not going to change at all when RiD comes out. Im sure hasbro thinks they're saving money by making nontransforming figures but in the long run their just hurting themselves. On another note im interested in this wolf looking character, not this toy just the character in general.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Can we just keep this thread as a thread about this one figure? Do we really need to combine all discussions of the entire RID line into one thread? That's really annoying.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
GuyIncognito wrote:Can we just keep this thread as a thread about this one figure? Do we really need to combine all discussions of the entire RID line into one thread? That's really annoying.

I cannot guarantee that, right now. From a posting news point of view, this is much easier - from a reading point, I agree that it can be very disruptive. The staff are discussing better ways of finding a compromise, and will take on any suggestions sent to forums@seibertron.com! :D
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:41 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm still surprised they're keeping the Titan lines alive...
Megatron Wolf wrote:why is habro keeping this subline? Its clogging shelves now and thats not going to change at all when RiD comes out. Im sure hasbro thinks they're saving money by making nontransforming figures but in the long run their just hurting themselves.
IIRC, it's because the Titan Heroes/Guardians/etc. are actually a success over in parts of the world like China and such. So as long as there's some markets for these to profit off of, Hasbro's gonna keep making them.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESERT TRACKER RATCHET Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete 2009"
NEW!
DESERT TRACKER RAT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobots Evac Squad HOT SPOT Transformers 2014 Voyager complete 230920A"
Protectobots Evac ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Transformers Reveal Shield Voyager complete 2011 230920A"
SOLAR STORM GRAPPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON