This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:26 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Tsutsukakushi wrote:Can understand taking away the complex transformations, so more younger kids can transform the toys. Taking away articulation just seems like a cost cutting budget thing.

More or less. Especially for those bigger toys who will sell for 20-25$ instead of 30$. Articulations make the transformation more complicated because setting the limbs a certain way add one or several more transformation steps.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Heckfire » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:08 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Just a side note: any one else notice that the name is "Robots In Disguise" and the idea is Bumblebee wasnts his team to be in hiding...yet NONE of them look like Earth cars?
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
What are you talking about? I drive my Truckasaurus to work every morning!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Heckfire wrote:Just a side note: any one else notice that the name is "Robots In Disguise" and the idea is Bumblebee wasnts his team to be in hiding...yet NONE of them look like Earth cars?

They still look like cars, that's all that matters. Do you honestly expect any alien-looking car to transform into a robot? :P
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Wave One of Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) One Step Changers reviewed

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:40 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian Lockdownhunter has pointed out that Balmatrix's RID one step changers review covers the entire wave one release, including Strongarm and Bumblebee. It should be noted that unlike what was first shown in an earlier review, Underbite's "robot mode" does lock in.

Hopefully this review along with our galleries can give you a good idea of what this line has to offer. Check back throughout the week for more galleries covering wave one!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"An error occurred, please try again later."
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Robots in Disguise (2015) RID 1-Step Changers Available at Toysrus

Postby william-james88 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Toysrus.com now has the Robots in Disguise One Step Changers Wave One in stock at 9.99$ a piece. Bumblebee, Underbite, Sideswipe and Strongarm are available. Although the listing does call them warriors, this is not in reference to their toy class.

Make sure to check back often as we will be updating our Robots in Disguise 2015 gallery page with more toys from wave one all week.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Thought it may be note worthy from a distribution standpoint,
I saw these RID One Step Changers at a TRU in Council Bluffs, Iowa this past Friday.
I did not purchase any , as they don't necessarily "float my boat", but it seems we will be seeing this line widespread sooner than later.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Heckfire wrote:Just a side note: any one else notice that the name is "Robots In Disguise" and the idea is Bumblebee wasnts his team to be in hiding...yet NONE of them look like Earth cars?

They still look like cars, that's all that matters. Do you honestly expect any alien-looking car to transform into a robot? :P

This is where the suspension of disbelief comes in, obviously for copyright reasons they can't make the toys look 100% accurate to earth vehicles.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Robots In Disguise 2015 Warrior Class Strongarm Video Review

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:18 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
IJK Productions is a fellow fan who uses his YouTube channel to review Transformers and he's shared his review of Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm with us. Is she as good as Grimlock or even better? Only way to know is by watching the embed below!

Hey all. Id just figure that I'd tell you that I've uploaded a video review of Transformers RiD Warrior class Strongarm. Link here -

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Lockdownhunter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:11 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
AWESOME!!!!! I mean your review of course :) Strongarm is OK but nothing really super awesome about her :(
We all miss the FE line.While simplifying may be good, it kinda degrades the standard of the toys.But to all TF Fans(especially G1-ners) do not worry,be happy!You still have 3rd party toys,MPs ,and Combiner Wars.

Oh,by the way,why is the caption picture still the same?
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 am

Lockdownhunter wrote:AWESOME!!!!! I mean your review of course :) Strongarm is OK but nothing really super awesome about her :(
We all miss the FE line.While simplifying may be good, it kinda degrades the standard of the toys.But to all TF Fans(especially G1-ners) do not worry,be happy!You still have 3rd party toys,MPs ,and Combiner Wars.

Actually, after reading Ben Yee's review of Steeljaw, I will pick him up on sight. And dont worry of that caption picture, it will stay there for a looooong time.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Lockdownhunter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 am

william-james88 wrote:
Lockdownhunter wrote:AWESOME!!!!! I mean your review of course :) Strongarm is OK but nothing really super awesome about her :(

Actually, after reading Ben Yee's review of Steeljaw, I will pick him up on sight. And dont worry of that caption picture, it will stay there for a looooong time.

Just take the "no" part.Steeljaw is awesome in cartoon.In toy form,he is OK and my second favourite after Green Grimlock.
Lockdownhunter
Combiner

Postby TimothyR » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:55 am

what a "G1-ner" (?) like me wants is a quality action figure.

i want something that isn't super simple, super hollow, tiny, and isn't $15-$17.

don't worry because of combiner wars?.. huh? those figures are just as hollow and just as simple.

third parties? yeah, because i want to have to spend that kind of money on a figure. no thanks.

masterpiece figures.. sure, i love them, but there are what, 3 new molds each year?.. yeah, that's definitely going to quench my need for new figures.

i LOVED animated, and i LOVED the figures, they were fantastic.

i thought TFP was great, and most of the toys were exceptional.

so... why can't we have that?.. why is EVERYTHING made for really young kids?.. and don't say "because they're toys" because every other franchise gets an adult oriented collector(ish) sub-line to go along with their little kids toys.

we have spider man legends figures, guardians of the galaxy legends figures, captain america legends figures, x-men legends figures, and star wars has their black series which contains figures in both 4" and 6" scales.. so.. where is transformers version of the black series?

generations certainly isn't that.. not anymore anyways.. those black series utilize modern articulation, the new generations figures are all lacking ankle and wrist joints. the star wars figures are sculpted and painted with accuracy in mind.. generations is sculpted and painted as cheaply as possible.

it's just not fair that all of these other franchises have recognizable adult oriented figures. .. and don't try to tell me that that's what masterpiece figures are for.. masterpiece figures are the equivalent of the sideshow star wars figures.. you get a few of them a year and they're fairly expensive. and masterpiece when it comes to hasbro is like playing pin the tail on the donkey.. who the hell knows what their plan is or if they even have one.

so.. i don't think it's too much to ask to get decent figures from this show.. i don't think it's too much to ask for a gigantic company like hasbro to not completely ignore a portion of their fan base.

check out the toy aisles this holiday season.. TMNT figures are moving like crazy.. the transformers section barely gets any attention. looks like something isn't working.
TimothyR
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:07 am

TimothyR wrote:
we have spider man legends figures, guardians of the galaxy legends figures, captain america legends figures, x-men legends figures, and star wars has their black series which contains figures in both 4" and 6" scales.. so.. where is transformers version of the black series?

generations certainly isn't that.. not anymore anyways.. those black series utilize modern articulation, the new generations figures are all lacking ankle and wrist joints. the star wars figures are sculpted and painted with accuracy in mind.. generations is sculpted and painted as cheaply as possible.

I like your points but there is something I would like to add. I do not find it fair to compare Transformer toys to regular action figures. The costs involved with a transformer toy are not just paint aps and plastic usage. There is an additional engineering cost that no other figure sold at retail has, at least not to that level. TF toys do much more than any other figure you mentioned by being able to incorporate 2 totally different play styles. The product's life cycle from inception to distribution is thus longer than most other toys sold on the same aisle. I get that this line looks like a set back from Prime and I agree fully. But I dont find the other comparisons to other toylines fair because this is apples and oranges to me. It's more fair to compare to a previous line (If you compare this to Cybertron/Galaxy force, your head would explode).

And regarding the price, the Legends Marvel figures and Star Wars Black series sell for as much or more than Deluxe figures so the price statement was not a fair point. I would like them cheaper too, sure, but the increase in price is affecting all toys, not just TFs. I remember when marvel Legends first came out (the first line up had Cap, Iron Man and Hulk), and they were only 10$, it was a glorious time indeed. But those days are long gone. Tfs are still cheapest in the states as compared to anywhere else in the world. Unless you want to pay the same 25$ Japanese people pay for a deluxe that has better paint aps. Actually, that's my answer. You want the black series equivalent of Transformer figures, just get the Takara versions at 25-30$ US a figure.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
As far as Hasbro's concerned, the Warriors and Legions are the collector-oriented toys.

But if it's any consolation, Rescue Bots doesn't have any collector-oriented toys despite Hasbro being well aware of that series having a fairly reasonably-sized adult-aged fanbase that they have yet to capitalize on. That line has transformable toys that aren't show-accurate, non-transformable toys that are show-accurate, but not a single show-accurate transformable toy. The closest there is to being one is Boulder's original toy, but that's only due to his animation model being the least-altered from the toy's design. But it was still changed.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

william-james88 wrote:

I would not pick up Steeljaw right away, the legion figure maybe but the Warrior class no. Besides needing the tail to stand up it doesn't have elbows and is in a permanent hunch pose.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I would not pick up Steeljaw right away, the legion figure maybe but the Warrior class no. Besides needing the tail to stand up it doesn't have elbows and is in a permanent hunch pose.

Your last point there seems appropriate for a werewolfish character, though. He's hunched over and ready to pounce! ;)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Your last point there seems appropriate for a werewolfish character, though. He's hunched over and ready to pounce! ;)

Not when it effects balance and basic movement.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Video Review - Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw

Postby Va'al » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:06 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have seen, so far, three of the four members of the first wave of Warrior class toys from the slowly but suddenly released Transformers: Robots in Disguise line. If you want to head back to Bumblebee, Strongarm, and Grimlock, click on those links - or head below to check out the video review for the first Decepticon of the bunch, thanks to fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999: Steeljaw.

It's two more figures from Wave 1 of RID! Bumble is fun with a pleasant transformation but Steeljaw just doesn't work on any level, the marbleized blue plastic is nice though. If you can only get one go with Bumblebee.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Lockdownhunter » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 am

Your audio has improved! :D :D :D :D :D :D
So clear and easily understood!!!!!!
Lockdownhunter
Combiner

Postby Lockdownhunter » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:36 am

Double post

Why are you still seeing this?
Lockdownhunter
Combiner

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
a little work i might get those elbows moving :-? i was on the fence about these but these figures intrigue me now
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
checked amazon and those prices are way way way outrageous :BANG_HEAD: ill wait till they hit the shelves =;
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever

Postby Seibertron » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
My quick thoughts on Steeljaw and Strongarm. I think they're the most under rated figures from this wave. I love both of them! Steeljaw is actually really awesome if you pose him with his legs like a wolf's legs. You absolutely do NOT need to use his tail for support like so many people keep saying in video reviews. Listening to chuckdawg's review right now and it sounds like he missed how to pose Steeljaw properly as well. Bummer! Can't wait to share pics of him posed properly in my gallery later tonight or tomorrow.

And he most definitely has elbow joints, Chuck!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-STAR COMICS #3 Facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC266 (CA) EE Hibbard"
ALL-STAR COMICS #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YOUNG ROMANCE #125 Facsimile DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC214 (CA) Romita"
YOUNG ROMANCE #125 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Marvel Super Heroes SECRET WARS #1 Facsimile var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2024 MSH"
Marvel Super Heroe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC803 1C (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240732 (CA) Buscema"
NEW!
WOLVERINE #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONAUTS #1 Facsimile var FOIL Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230682 (CA) Cockrum"
MICRONAUTS #1 Facs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #181 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0323DC161 181B"
BATMAN #181 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #254 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg JAN240730 (CA) Leonardi"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOOM PATROL #99 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 0923DC271 (W) Drake (A/CA) Brown"
DOOM PATROL #99 Fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 JUL230685 (CA) Miller"
ROM SPACEKNIGHT #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr C Foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC163 Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman VENGEANCE OF BANE #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0223DC099 (CA) Fabry"
Batman VENGEANCE O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC209 Green Lantern"
ALL-AMERICAN COMIC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WOLVERINE #1 Limited Series Facsimile foil Marvel Comics 2023 OCT230691 Miller"
WOLVERINE #1 Limit ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON