This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Retool Comparisons for Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Exclusives

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While it seemed that a small coat of All Spark Blue and a faceplate for Bumblebee was the only difference between the 3 Step Exclusive Clash of the Transformers figures and the regular release, it seems like there was more retooling involved. From the pictures below, it seems Optimus also got a whole new headsculpt and at closer look, it seems the bodies are new shells. Look at Bumblebee's legs, and Optimus's shoulders for instance. While this subline and this class may not excite anyone but the most devoted fans, it is interesting to note that these are more than just simple repaints and are actually exclusive molds for Toysrus.

3 Step Bumblebee:

3 Step Optimus:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby King Kuuga » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:"Clash of the Transformers"

I like Burn's version better, even if it's less accurate.

Interesting to see that these Clash 3-Steps are actually unique toolings. I sincerely hope someone appreciates this.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:29 pm

That Bot wrote:

Interesting to see that these Clash 3-Steps are actually unique toolings. I sincerely hope someone appreciates this.

Yes me too. I dont know who would though since the fans dont care about these (havent met one who did yet), and I dont think parents or kids would notice anything beyond the color changes. It almost feels like a waste in a way. I wonder if the warrior figures are also as extensive in retooling as these.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
That Bot wrote:

Yes me too. I dont know who would though since the fans dont care about these (havent met one who did yet), and I dont think parents or kids would notice anything beyond the color changes. It almost feels like a waste in a way. I wonder if the warrior figures are also as extensive in retooling as these.

I care! At least about Prime. Although I think it's kinda pointless to redo that figure since the Mega scale one is out.

carytheone wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Man, Fixit has forever ruined how I view Legion figures...
He does indeed set the bar pretty high. He is more like a nice legends figure.

I think Windblade and Drift are horribly mis-transformed. Something tells me those wings fold up more and the hood on Drift comes down. I really wish they came with weapons though.

I'd be all over that one-step RID Prime, if it wasn't part of a set of figures I already have.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:16 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'd be all over that one-step RID Prime, if it wasn't part of a set of figures I already have.
I'm not very familiar with the quick changers, but prime reminds me of another one I've seen. Does he share a transformation/shell with anyone? I'd find it hard to believe a unique mold would be limited to a 6 pack and a single retailer.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby no-one » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 am

Howdy fellow Seibertronians! Got a quick update on the Robots in Disguise 1 step collection. At the time the 6 pack was spotted, there was no price in the system. It is currently marked on shelves at $49.99. I did a quick price check to verify that was correct.

no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I like that legion Thunderhoof. I want a toy of him. Hasbro needs to show off the Warrior Megs, Hoof and Quill so I can see them. I am very interested in buying them! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:59 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I like that legion Thunderhoof. I want a toy of him. Hasbro needs to show off the Warrior Megs, Hoof and Quill so I can see them. I am very interested in buying them! :BOT:

What scares me is they said in a recent interview that they had shown all the RID toys we will be getting this year and that makes very little sense to me. The only warrior class figures left to be in stores are the 2 repaints Bumblebee and Grimlock. 2 figures for the rest of the year?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wait, hang on a sec... Are we really getting two 3-Step Primes based on the same design? Compare this:

Mega 3-Step Optimus Prime

to this:

Clash of the Transformers 3-Step Optimus Prime (Left)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait, hang on a sec... Are we really getting two 3-Step Primes based on the same design? Compare this:

to this:

Yup! However, I keep being fascinated at the fact that the tooling is still different even if it is actually the same design. Hasbro could have retooled the Hyperchange 3-step and then upscaled it, but instead there are 3 different shells, two different classes and two different designs.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I like that legion Thunderhoof. I want a toy of him. Hasbro needs to show off the Warrior Megs, Hoof and Quill so I can see them. I am very interested in buying them! :BOT:

What scares me is they said in a recent interview that they had shown all the RID toys we will be getting this year and that makes very little sense to me. The only warrior class figures left to be in stores are the 2 repaints Bumblebee and Grimlock. 2 figures for the rest of the year?

Well, that's unfortunate, the only characters that I actually liked were mostly decepticon (worlds will burn if I don't get a satisfactorily poseable deluxe thunderhoof) but it also seems strange that they said the decepticons were going to be made, but now they say this is the rest for the yearImage
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:17 pm

william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait, hang on a sec... Are we really getting two 3-Step Primes based on the same design? Compare this:

to this:

Yup! However, I keep being fascinated at the fact that the tooling is still different even if it is actually the same design. Hasbro could have retooled the Hyperchange 3-step and then upscaled it, but instead there are 3 different shells, two different classes and two different designs.

And none of them are worth owning, or being called an 'action figure' :roll:
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Hellscream9999 wrote:And none of them are worth...being called a 'toy' :roll:
By that logic, same goes for every toy that ever existed in the days before action figures were invented. >:oP
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Well, that's unfortunate, the only characters that I actually liked were mostly decepticon (worlds will burn if I don't get a satisfactorily poseable deluxe thunderhoof) but it also seems strange that they said the decepticons were going to be made, but now they say this is the rest for the yearImage

Eh, always next year. I doubt America will see the season finale before Thanksgiving comes around. It may take them that long just to finish the series. Besides: I need a break. I still need Sides and Fix, not to mention the CW guys. Plus gotta buy Christmas gifts.

On a slightly related note: also got informed my college band was invited to London for the new years parade, so gotta figure the cost of that trip! Woo-Hoo! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
By that logic, same goes for every toy that ever existed in the days before action figures were invented. >:oP

Except that all those other toys are satisfactory, these are immobile hunks of plastic that kids can wave around and then get bored of.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Except that all those other toys are satisfactory, these are immobile hunks of plastic that kids can wave around and then get bored of.
So were the majority of G1 toys and kids were plenty satisfied with them back then.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

So were the majority of G1 toys and kids were plenty satisfied with them back then.

lol, at least they had more points of articulation than most of these hyper change things. That and you were able to engage with the toy by transforming it yourself.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

They said decepticons are planned to be coming out eventually but that they wanted to start with the good guys first. They never gave a date for when the decepticons would arrive.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I dont think it's our call to say what bores kids. Hasbro does their market research, they know what sells and what kids want. Them simplyfying TFs and having seperate simplified toys for the AOE line was because they had too many complaints about the toys being too difficult from their main target (kids and kids' parents). This plastic phone has as much play value as these toys and its still being made today:

I think the only reason for the negative criticism with these toys is that they are sold in the same aisle as the more advanced TFs. These are not made for us, but for younger kids. If they were in a younger kid section, like rescue bots, I dont think any fan would mind. Just like no one is saying how Hasbro is dumb for not making an MP Heatwave. Takara has played this super smart and has relegated all the simpler RID transformers to a completely seperate line so that fans are aware of what is for them (TAV) and what isnt (TED).

I still think these are better served in the TF aisle of course, since Parents will know to go there for TFs and then pic accordingly for their kid's age. And that comes at the cost of fans complaining about these toy's existence, which doesnt hurt anyone's profits anyway. It just makes reading the boards a bit less fun.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
everything Will just said, but LOUDER!!!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:35 pm

It's not like I'm against simplified transformers, I'm all for it, and grew up with many of the machine wars and basic bw figures, I still love them for being the perfect fusion of a cool action figure, and a fast change gimmick that still requires a bit of involvement to transform it back.

I love the new simplified line that is being found in countries outside of the U.S. These are both examples of 'simplified' transformers done correctly, the above is just, not. And I often wonder if the 'marketing dept' gave the kids a choice between this plastic trash and the large simple-formers, which would kids choose.
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
I love the new simplified line that is being found in countries outside of the U.S. These are both examples of 'simplified' transformers done correctly, the above is just, not. And I often wonder if the 'marketing dept' gave the kids a choice between this plastic trash and the large simple-formers, which kids would choose.

But how do you know that? You werent at the focus group session. Maybe Parents preffered the durability of these toys. My point here, especially with the aisle theory, is that you and many others are blinded and see this product as a simplified transformer when in reality, that is not what it is. This is more akin to that phone on wheels I pointed to earlier. It's a little kids toy that happens to be branded under the transformers brand. It's a new product marketed for young kids and it does its own thing. Just like construct bots and hero mashers. These are not part of the Robots in dsiguise traditional TF toyline and that same interview says it as such. It states that the only part of this toyline that should be seen as traditional TFs is the warrior class. Anything else will not have articulation, detail or complexity.

Here are the quotes from Hasbro:

we have to take into account what a child can actually do as far as their ability to transform a product. One of the challenges we had with Transformers over the last five years, six years is the product line was getting more and more challenging. We had one product line for everybody and the feedback we were getting back from parents and kids is that it was too difficult.

What we want to make sure is that some of the older boys that like more articulation and complex transformations and detail...that we had a SKU that represented that and the Warriors does that. What we want to do is continue to roll out more characters, both Autobots and Decepticons will be in that line.

So you who liked the simpler TFS of our youth would still end up with the warrior class. The other toys are transformers in brand only.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
I love the new simplified line that is being found in countries outside of the U.S. These are both examples of 'simplified' transformers done correctly, the above is just, not. And I often wonder if the 'marketing dept' gave the kids a choice between this plastic trash and the large simple-formers, which kids would choose.

But how do you know that? You werent at the focus group session. Maybe Parents preffered the durability of these toys. My point here, especially with the aisle theory, is that you and many others are blinded and see this product as a simplified transformer when in reality, that is not what it is. This is more akin to that phone on wheels I pointed to earlier. It's a little kids toy that happens to be branded under the transformers brand. It's a new product marketed for young kids and it does its own thing. Just like construct bots and hero mashers. These are not part of the Robots in dsiguise traditional TF toyline and that same interview says it as such. It states that the only part of this toyline that should be seen as traditional TFs is the warrior class. Anything else will not have articulation, detail or complexity.

Here are the quotes from Hasbro:

we have to take into account what a child can actually do as far as their ability to transform a product. One of the challenges we had with Transformers over the last five years, six years is the product line was getting more and more challenging. We had one product line for everybody and the feedback we were getting back from parents and kids is that it was too difficult.

What we want to make sure is that some of the older boys that like more articulation and complex transformations and detail...that we had a SKU that represented that and the Warriors does that. What we want to do is continue to roll out more characters, both Autobots and Decepticons will be in that line.

So you who liked the simpler TFS of our youth would still end up with the warrior class. The other toys are transformers in brand only.

Whoa chill out, I was wondering, if they were given a choice, which would/did they choose?

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Whoa chill out, I was wondering, if they were given a choice, which would/did they choose?

As we both now realized, there is a pretty big difference between "which kids would choose" and "which would kids choose?".

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Lockdownhunter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Is he a remold of AOE 1 step OP?
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Courage: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON