This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby psj333 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Hopefully we'll see him at this year's NYCC, including the Cons who are captured. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
This is awesome, 'bout damn time some :CON: finally showed up, I think fracture even showed up more often than steeljaw, at any rate, he is more memorable than steeljaw (for now)

Wish they'd have written megatronus to be a threat; as it stands, I really have no reason to care, be intimidated by, or be in awe of him; he definitely should've murdered one of the :BOT:'s (maybe drift would've sacrificed himself b/c o/p wasn't trained enough), then jazz and windblade could take his place, and we would be 'frightened' of megatronus.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hellscream9999 wrote:Wish they'd have written megatronus to be a threat; as it stands, I really have no reason to care, be intimidated by, or be in awe of him; he definitely should've murdered one of the :BOT:'s (maybe drift would've sacrificed himself b/c o/p wasn't trained enough), then jazz and windblade could take his place, and we would be 'frightened' of megatronus.
Or we'd instead be mad that they "Cliffjumpered" yet another character for the sake shock effect. >:oP

Any way you shake it, Megatronus was just a poorly-executed villain in the long run.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Wish they'd have written megatronus to be a threat; as it stands, I really have no reason to care, be intimidated by, or be in awe of him; he definitely should've murdered one of the :BOT:'s (maybe drift would've sacrificed himself b/c o/p wasn't trained enough), then jazz and windblade could take his place, and we would be 'frightened' of megatronus.
Or we'd instead be mad that they "Cliffjumpered" yet another character for the sake shock effect. >:oP

Any way you shake it, Megatronus was just a poorly-executed villain in the long run.

At least drift would've been on for many episodes, and this would fall right in with his honorable character; they could've 'dinobot(bw)-ed' him instead, and made it very heartfelt, make it a tear-jerker, where you feel the weight of his sacrifice >:oP

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

At least drift would've been on for many episodes, and this would fall right in with his honorable character; they could've 'dinobot(bw)-ed' him instead, and made it very heartfelt, make it a tear-jerker, where you feel the weight of his sacrifice >:oP

I think the problem is that Megatronus is built up as a world-ending threat, but that isn't the type of show we've been doing up until now. It's been small teams working on street-level problems, and him arriving is a shift in tone that doesn't gel with what has come before.

Also, I see it as a transparent way to keep Optimus involved in the show, despite his definitive death and passing of the torch.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I think the problem is that Megatronus is built up as a world-ending threat, but that isn't the type of show we've been doing up until now. It's been small teams working on street-level problems, and him arriving is a shift in tone that doesn't gel with what has come before.

Also, I see it as a transparent way to keep Optimus involved in the show, despite his definitive death and passing of the torch.

Well, I like that they're both trying to move away from 'megatron is leader because reasons' and exploring him as a character. They could've made him a threat just by beating the :BOT:'s to within an inch of their deaths a la beast wars, then had him leave them for dead saying 'the last prime isn't even worth it'; then we - the audience - would have a reason to root for o/p, as we are now insulted on his behalf and also want to see him (and bumblebee) rise against this threat, but I agree about the clashing styles too, but it couldn't remain a 'villain of the week' for too long >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shuttershock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, I like that they're both trying to move away from 'megatron is leader because reasons' and exploring him as a character. They could've made him a threat just by beating the :BOT:'s to within an inch of their deaths a la beast wars, then had him leave them for dead saying 'the last prime isn't even worth it'; then we - the audience - would have a reason to root for o/p, as we are now insulted on his behalf and also want to see him (and bumblebee) rise against this threat, but I agree about the clashing styles too, but it couldn't remain a 'villain of the week' for too long >:oP

I agree that the villain of the week thing can't go forever, but unless he's going to be an ongoing force in season 2, Megatronus felt like a generic doomsday villain who upstaged the established villains. Like Unicron from season 1 of Prime. Especially considering he failed in his first outing.

I've come to like Steeljaw's pack as an equal/opposite to Team Bee, and to have both teams upstaged just seems disrespectful and counterproductive to the tone of the series. Like "Okay kids, the adults have to talk now."
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I agree that the villain of the week thing can't go forever, but unless he's going to be an ongoing force in season 2, Megatronus felt like a generic doomsday villain who upstaged the established villains. Like Unicron from season 1 of Prime. Especially considering he failed in his first outing.

I've come to like Steeljaw's pack as an equal/opposite to Team Bee, and to have both teams upstaged just seems disrespectful and counterproductive to the tone of the series. Like "Okay kids, the adults have to talk now."

Oh yeah, it felt super disrespectful, especially since they went out of their way to write steeljaw as some smooth super criminal who may or may not be a sociopath, I love him; but since all he had to do was release him, I don't think I would mind a three way battle for earth Megatronus the pack and the :BOT:'s

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby RAR » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 am

I anticipate it being a short fight between this guy and the large Takara Optimus.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Yeah, Megatronus isn't as powerful as the show claims him to be. He was defeated by three Autobots that went RID (2001) powerup mode. I don't expect Megatronus to single-handedly defeat the Autobots without using some kind of ancient power device.

As for the toy, I'm not very excited for this figure. I want to see some Leader or Voyager class RID figures.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Yeah, Megatronus isn't as powerful as the show claims him to be. He was defeated by three Autobots that went RID (2001) powerup mode. I don't expect Megatronus to single-handedly defeat the Autobots without using some kind of ancient power device.
It wasn't that he wasn't powerful (he was, since, as you said, it took three Autobots being upgraded to godmodded forms to beat him). But for all the power he possessed, there was no feeling of menace, terror, or impending doom to him. Even in the moment where he seemed the closest to achieving his victory, it never really felt like a moment of serious suspense since you just knew that this kind of show wouldn't be willing to go that far since it rarely showed signs of taking such risks in previous episodes. The show tended to play itself safe within its comfort zone (even in its best moments that were still really good for other reasons) and the season 1 finale was no exception.

Don't get me wrong, though, I like the show. It's fun, but it's also more on the pedestrian side when compared to, say, the Rescue Bots cartoon, which is far more enjoyable for how smart, engaging, and at times quite bold and creative in its writing.

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:As for the toy, I'm not very excited for this figure. I want to see some Leader or Voyager class RID figures.
I wonder if Takara might do to Megatronus what it did to Optimus by forgoing the Warrior in favor of making a nice big toy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
To be perfectly honest, I am not impressed with anything Hasbro has released for this line so far. While the designs for some are fine, any compliment I may have is for the engineering of some which is Takara's doing. I only hang out here because this is where you get the first glimpse at what will be coming out of takara eventually with better deco. The TAV line is the bomb with their exclusive figures, reissues and improved decos. I am sure they will give us a decent Megatronus, as they have done with every figure deserving a better and more in scale figure. While I do not think Takara is always superior to Hasbro, this line is one of the cases where Hasbro keeps dropping the ball for collectors. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, since their goal with this line is to appeal to a younger crowd and getting new fans (and its working), but I do find it amazing that unlike any other toy line in the world, we are blessed to have an official alternative which does cater to us, and thus I promote it to no end.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:05 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
y'know so far with this product line....it's been fairly good....& with all product lines....it's had it's ups & downs.

& of course we're getting repaints of the existing RID line characters(well...one so far....Warrior Class Grimlock in G1 colours)

but what really gets my goat...is things like this

where they take a movieverse figure.....splash some paint on it(in this case RID Grimlock colours) & pass it off as another tf toyline product. I mean....what were Hasbro thinking? do they think that we walk about with our eyes shut & not SEE that it's clearly a movieverse toyline figure dressed up to look RID? + I'm sure in this day & age...kids would realise this too! YES I know the old rhetoric that Hasbro is in it to sell toys & make tons of money! but not when they try to pull the wool over our eyes & insult our intelligence in the fact that they think we(or even kids nowadays) can't distinguish one toyline product from another!

I mean c'mon! it doesn't even LOOK like RID Grimlock(apart from the colours)! even in robot mode it wouldn't even look like it(granted they are trying to pass it off as it) but you clearly know from the back of your mind that this is not the official RID figure.

which begs the question....is this going to be a one-off? or can we expect more from other tf toylines painted up to look like RID? I know the exception to this has been Windblade, because there was an IDW version.....then the RID version of the character appeared on the show, to which they are releasing an official figure from.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby RAR » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:56 am

RID-15 is a bit like Transformers Animated in that like that line I felt it needed some other size options (Same was also true of the WFC Videogame line I suppose that could have done with some Voyager toys).

For me some Cyberverse Commander scale RID-15/16 toys would be useful for the likes of Optimus, Grimlock & Megatronus. I guess Onesteps will have to do.

I can't say that I've even see the Onestep RID-15 Optimus shown off very often as he's only sold in that multi-pack after all (I wish that was out in the UK).

But here does have a gallery : http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... me/3777/1/

I never have actually seen a Steeljaw One step in the wild but he must be out here as he's listed here : http://www.thetoyshop.com/actions-toys- ... 1130_B0905

Anyway I digress - Yes some RID-16 Voyagers would be nice - but they seem very wedded to selling the wee ones 3-steppers instead unfortunately.

----

RE : Giant Grimlock : I expect a new robot head & chest, new dino head and fore-paws would have helped the look a lot - but the only way I can say that I do like that Green Grimlock is that he will eventually be on sale pretty cheap and he is actually much closer to the AOE Movie colours than the Copper coloured one is so for that reason alone it has some merit - I'll be happy to buy it when he's dirt cheap for that reason.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Clearer and detailed Images of Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Megatronus Test Shot

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:39 am

A small picture of what seemed to be a test shot of Warrior Class Megatronus was found a few days ago and definitely left fans wanting more. Well, we have more. Fellow Seibertronian and podcaster extraordinaire, Rotorstorm X, has spotted some better images of a different test shot on the Snakas Blog. We can see shots of the alt mode and robot mode which give us a clue to the trasformation (like his hands folding into the canon halves). The upper torso transformation seems to be very similar to the Fallen figure from the Tianium line. This also shows us that Megatronus will not be sporting his mask.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAcast » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:48 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
I know we don't have a size comparison yet, but does he look REALLY stumpy to anyone else?
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:55 am

RAcast wrote:I know we don't have a size comparison yet, but does he look REALLY stumpy to anyone else?

Oh yeah. This toy will work as well as optmus works in this pic :twisted: :

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAcast » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:01 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
william-james88 wrote:
RAcast wrote:I know we don't have a size comparison yet, but does he look REALLY stumpy to anyone else?

Oh yeah. This toy will work as well as optmus works in this pic :twisted: :

Despite scale issues, and that niggling issue where there's no panel to cover the top of the trailer in vehicle mode, RiD15 Deluxe Optimus is a really good figure. The mold is a good, with a lot of detail (which is well painted on Takara's versions), it's fun to transform, and it looks good in robot mode. You can even slot his axe into that weird cutout on his back for robot mode storage.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:08 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ok ok not too shabby looking. not really bad looking at all :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:10 am

Points to it for having a spear/glaive weapon. That seems rare these days.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby psj333 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm glad to hear that a Warrior Megatronus is on the way, william-james88. I really do hope that other Cons would also be released in this form, for this really means that more Decepticons are added to the toyline, including Quillfire, which seems like great news. I also do hope that Shifters, like Pseudo will also become toys like these. I'm also predicting that more Shifters will appear in Season 2 as opposed to the Prime series.. Do you? Well, let's just hope that these upcoming Shifters do not only have a body like Pseudo's, but rather bodies that look like various different ordinary animal-based cons, like Steeljaw does. If these upcoming Shifters do appear in season 2, then at that time, do you know what I want you to do next? I want you to create a list of all of the Shifters that can or will be made into toys. That's what I want from you should that happens. That's all. :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
looking at the treads and what I think are the drills, I think the turret rotates and it is facing the wrong way :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:41 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:looking at the treads and what I think are the drills, I think the turret rotates and it is facing the wrong way :BOT:

That would make sense since the turret swivel in this case doubles as the waist swivel.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:48 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:looking at the treads and what I think are the drills, I think the turret rotates and it is facing the wrong way :BOT:

That would make sense since the turret swivel in this case doubles as the waist swivel.

WAIST SWIVEL. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Cobotron » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Looks good! Cool head, and ya, neat weapon.
Here's hoping he gets a little more love from the paint department than his predecessors.

Edit: Looks like a really interesting leg transformation. :-?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON