This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby Sigma Magnus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:Man, the stock photos make 'Scream look a lot worse than he is...that's why I look for in hand pictures and reviews, the stock photos often make a good toy look awful...

Well for Starscream, the stock photos are pretty accurate. he doesnt look better than that in hand. The vehicle actually looks a bit worse in hand, this angle is very misleading.

Oh...my bad. Must've been misremembering the in-hand pictures from a few days ago...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sadly, of the three toys, Starscream is the most frustrating, but he has his Pros! Working on written reviews now.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby SureShot18 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
william-james88 wrote:Sadly, of the three toys, Starscream is the most frustrating, but he has his Pros! Working on written reviews now.

That's unfortunate, when we first saw the initial photos I really liked him, but as better in hand photos were shown he kind of became just an alright looking figure to me. I'd have to get the figure on sale to pick it up. I could definitely go for a different headsculpt though. I look forward to your reviews!
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

In Hand Pictures of TRU Exclusive White Redeco of Transformers RID Power Surge Optimus Prime Warrior

Postby william-james88 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:16 pm

Seibertron will be providing an image filled written review of each Toysrus Robots in Disguise Exclusive Warrior Figure. The first one up is the Thunderclash/Ultra Magnus themes redeco of Power Surge Optimus Prime.

While this is a white themed redeco of Power Surge Optimus Prime, it has been released first, so this is our first experience with the Power Surge retool of the RID Warrior Optimus mold.

For starters, here are quick comparisons between this particular Toysrus Exclusive redeco of Power Surge Prime and the upcoming wider release of Power Surge Prime.

As you can see, he is principally a retool of 2015's Warrior Optimus Prime and when looking at this toy I can't help but feel a bit retroactively jipped. It mostly deals with the paint apps, plastic used, and accessories.

Firstly, this toy uses a lot of clear plastic while none of the other versions of this mold do. Clear plastic is used on the entire torso (both front and back pieces), the two swords/wings and the removable shoulder blasters.

What says clear plastic means more paint and Optimus has a lot of paint on his chest to give the wanted design against the clear plastic. This figure has a significant amount of paint apps. My favourite actually has nothing to do with clear plastic, it's actually his feet which are painted in two different colours (white and silver) and it's a great result.

The last thing that makes me feel a bit cheated about purchasing the original mold are the accessories. All previous released only came with one unpainted axe that didnt store anywhere in robot mode. Yet here at the same price point you get two clear plastic wings/swords that can be stored well in vehicle mode (and hide his obvious legs better) as well as in robot mode where they can serve a dual purpose. What is really awesome is that even though the wings can be pegged and unpegged easily, they were designed in a way that you can rotate them simultaneously without unpegging them and they would never block eachother. You also get these boosters/blasters that peg behind his head in robot mode. This clear plastic piece, which does have some pant as well, can also be stored elegantly under his vehicle mode. And to add insult to injury, he also comes with the same axe. Of course, this is all good news since you get way more bang for your buck here, but it really makes any previous release feel cheap in comparison.

Now onto the retooling.

With the legs, it is only the outer flap piece that is retooled. There are no wheels on that piece for this retool. There is also a hook which I am at a loss as to what its purpose is. It makes the legs look different from any side view.

The chest is where most of the retooling is. The chest and back are basically different pieces entirely from the first warrior.

The arms and shoulders, which turn into the cab, are also changed from the previous mold uses. The panels under the arms are smaller with more of the cab piece present on the shoulders, extending them a bit. This makes the hands more evident.In vehicle mode, that just means that the connection between the arms and shoulders is further down the grill. I find it very cool how they fixed a big problem with no change done to the visuals of the alt mode.

While I didn't care much for the initial release of the mold, I think there is very good value here with good paint apps and a great amount of accessories and I love when I see feedback taken into consideration and a toy improved through it. If you don't have the mold yet, I would suggest giving this guy a try.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I will need to hunt down this version. This looks like a really good Prime!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby OptimusPrimeval » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:46 am

I quite like the white. This may be the toy I need to connect Transformers Prime Prime to Transformers Go ExPrime on my evolution shelf.
OptimusPrimeval
Micromaster

Postby galvatron00 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:00 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Now I feel retro-jipped. Dang it!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:13 am

itscramtastic wrote:Now I feel retro-jipped. Dang it!

Glad I know I am not the only one. I was pissed off about the old figure but happy about the new figure at the same time. I found it hilarious how they still gave him that unpainted axe, as if just to show "yeah, we know its worthless so here have another one!" :lol:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
william-james88 wrote:

Glad I know I am not the only one. I was pissed off about the old figure but happy about the new figure at the same time. I found it hilarious how they still gave him that unpainted axe, as if just to show "yeah, we know its worthless so here have another one!" :lol:

In defense though, the original axe has the orange painted blade. the Clash Prime on has used the unpainted one
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby kurthy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:42 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
william-james88 wrote:

I can always steal it from my son's collection and give some diversity to repaint wars.

Now I have to track down the TRU release and paint the head a darker blue and the legs red.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:43 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

In defense though, the original axe has the orange painted blade. the Clash Prime on has used the unpainted one

Ah right, thanks!

william-james88
News Staff

A Ton of New Images of the New Robots in Disguise Exclusive Starscream Warrior Figure with Review

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:44 am

Seibertron will be providing an image filled written review of each Toysrus Robots in Disguise Exclusive Warrior Figure. We got the Thunderclash-esque redeco of Power Surge Optimus Prime yesterday and now we will look at the totally new Robots in Disguise Starscream toy.

What I was dreading when I first saw this toy was that it wold have a fake chest, with lots of back kibble in robot mode and be a "bot under a jet" in vehicle mode. Turns out this is not the case at all. My problems with this toy are not ones I could predict. While the design and transformation are interesting and new for Starscream, the toy just feels very cheap. The plastic used is not hard plastic like the Power Surge Prime Warrior figure. It bends and the wing has a tendency to pop off during transformation. But it does so much right as well. So let's take a look.

Here is his vehicle mode and I did not catch it from previous photos, but it is not an earth jet. It looks far more like Combiner Wars Cyclonus with a very long and narrow front section that fans out in the back. The design also shares similarities with Windblade who has the legs fold up and become part of the back of the jet. However, this is executed so much better because the resulting gap is very small.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Cyclonus Gallery

While the shot above might make you think there is a ton of kibble under there, it is not the case. Its just his shoulders which I think the designers were hoping would be flush under the wing to give the illusion that these become part of the wing in alt mode.

As you can see, it is not a bot under a jet.

Everything tabs in really well in alt mode, with some of the loudest snaps I have heard in the line so far. I also like how the hands fold into the arms through a hallowed out design very much like Dark of the Moon Shockwave's hands.

Here are some alt mode comparisons with RID Decepticon brethren and Prime Starscream. He is far beefier than the later.

As I mentioned previously, there is no fake chest here. The transformation is much better than either Cyclonus or Windblade. It is more complex than either and all the robot bits are tabbed in securely and better disguised as well.

The robot mode is also different than previous starscreams with him having his wings folded down to give the idea of a cape. This royalty theme is further emphasised by the large shoulderpads which reference his look when coronated. You can play with the wings ad how they look in robot mode.

What might be the biggest difference between this and other G1 themed Starscream toys would be his accessories. There are no null rays or rockets to tab onto his arms. Instead you get these very straighfrward pistols, which are nicely painted (gun metal over blue plastic). I was hesitant but this change in accessories totally changes the feel of this toy in robot mode. And they plug on his arms as well. I totally went John Woo on this guy!

Here are some comparisons with other wariors and deluxes. I brought in an older WFC deluxe to give an idea of height for those who might not be collecting Robots in Disguise.

Yeah, he did shrink a bit, but the legs are thicker, so it's a give and take

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:51 am

Loved the review Will. I can dig this guy, he really isn't all that terrible. He's pretty good looking actually, and the royalty wings are a nice touch
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:53 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Loved the review Will. I can dig this guy, he really isn't all that terrible. He's pretty good looking actually, and the royalty wings are a nice touch

Thanks! And he's not terrible at all. There is nothing wrong with the look, design, poseability or anything of the sort, its just the plastic I have an issue with.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:56 am

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Loved the review Will. I can dig this guy, he really isn't all that terrible. He's pretty good looking actually, and the royalty wings are a nice touch

Thanks! And he's not terrible at all. There is nothing wrong with the look, design, poseability or anything of the sort, its just the plastic I have an issue with.

Hopefully he makes his way down south here soon.

and who knows: maybe Starscream is actually among the ruling of Cybertron in RiD, much like his IDW counterpart became one, hence the royalty wings
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Hopefully he makes his way down south here soon.

and who knows: maybe Starscream is actually among the ruling of Cybertron in RiD, much like his IDW counterpart became one, hence the royalty wings

And hence the cybertronian alt mode.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:57 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
This guy looks fun. I like hid funky elongated head, and love that they kept the signature shoulder stack thingies.
Nice reviews Willy! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:58 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
william-james88 wrote:

He's certainly a neat design but the fact that they went so far as to hollow out the head is...pretty lame. I just really hope we don't have a slump back into the dark ages of the FoC line in terms of quality/hollowness.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:59 am

Cobotron wrote:This guy looks fun. I like his funky elongated head, and love that they kept the signature shoulder stack thingies.
Nice reviews Willy! ;)^

Thanks! Paralon will be tomorrow.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby galvatron00 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Very nice write up! It definitely deserves it's place on the front page ;)^
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Speed: 8

Re: A Ton of New Images of the New Robots in Disguise Exclusive Starscream Warrior Figure with Review

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:18 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
william-james88 wrote:While the design and transformation are interesting and new for Starscream, the toy just feels very cheap. The plastic used is not hard plastic like the Power Surge Prime Warrior figure. It bends and the wing has a tendency to pop off during transformation. But it does so much right as well.

Hasbro's explanation for this in the past will make you think about the "flight" based Transformers differently going forward. A lot of the Transformers toys with airplane or flight alternate modes are made this way because kids actually "fly" the toys, as in toss the toy through the air to make it fly. Reading your comments totally goes in line with that. The wings pop off easily so that when the toy impacts the ground, they won't break as easily. The softer plastic used also coincides with this.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Tyrannacon » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:20 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Overall I would say this is a decent figure for the RiD Warrior Class line. If even it does look a little cheap.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:23 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Huh, I actually really like this! It really looks a lot like Transformers: Animated Starscream.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: A Ton of New Images of the New Robots in Disguise Exclusive Starscream Warrior Figure with Review

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:30 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
william-james88 wrote:Image

Great review, but.... did you lose Prime Starscream's missile pods?
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:40 am

That Bot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

Great review, but.... did you lose Prime Starscream's missile pods?

No, but I didnt want weapons in the way as I compared the two figures.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #38 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 OCT210408 38RI (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS #38 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 3RI 210213A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220494 War's End 2A (CA) Panda"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM979 (CA) Henry (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906A"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 1st ptg IDW Comics 2020 MAR200688 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON