This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:24 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertron wrote:
Braker wrote:please redeco into skywarp please redeco into skywarp

And I'll take a Thundercracker too!

But would these shoulders work on those 2?

Also Sabr, thats a nice paper Starscream, but does it transform? :twisted:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Any doubts I had about this figure (which were very few) are now gone. Definitely getting this guy. Long Live Starscream! :CON:
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
william-james88 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:So, to sum up, we need more lightweight jets so we can all have a flying contest. Bring on the Starscream clone repaints from Prime in RiD!!
From here on out, all jetformers must be made of paper! Paper airplane TFs from now on!

Don't give 'em ideas. >:oP

Too late:

It's funny this comes up, because just yesterday I found a box full of these silly things in my closet! XD
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Takara, show us what you got for Starscream please. >:oP :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

A Ton of Images of TRU Exclusive Robots in Disguise Paralon (Scorponok Redeco) with Review

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:58 am

Seibertron has been providing an image filled written review of each Toysrus Robots in Disguise Exclusive Warrior Figure. We already covered Power Surge Prime and Starscream so last up is Paralon.

While this is a redeco of Robots in Disguise Scorponok, this one is released first so it's a good way to experience this new Robots in Disguise mold.

Firstly, this mold is making me realize that the real innovation in Transformer design is happening in this line. This toy is unlike any other toy that has come before and has the perfect transformation trifecta: Sleek robot mode with a bunch of new robot specific detail, a sleek altmode with no bot kibble showing and an intuitive and fun transformation. This is surprisingly rare in toys and requires some intense engineering. For a bot to not have too much kibble, it usually reuses a lot of the alt mode. Especially with animals where the limbs are often reused. Every crustacean so far uses the pincers as the robot hands and those that don't, end up with an insane amount of alt mode kibble in robot mode, like Beast Wars Rampage. But here, you get a bot who has forearms, legs, head, and chest that are totally new and different from the beast mode parts. And yet, he is super sleek. Let's start with the beast mode which has minimal to no bot kibble.

His nice painted Scorpion head has an articulated jaw.

While all promotional images have his tail holding the scabbard, I preffer it without, it is more scorpion like. Plus, you can make further use of the three points of articulation found in the tail to pose it to your liking.

The big claws lock the robot elbows and that limits the articulation of the claw arms in beast mode. You can still rotate the shoulders to get some different poses.

Transforming to robot mode is fun and pleasant. There is an odd point though where the pincers end up being loose around the arm. There is nthing wrong with that since you just bring them to the shoulders where they tab in securely but it's just something I am not used to in Transformers. The last time I saw something of this sort was with Ultimate Movie Bumblebee where parts end up loose and flaoting around until you tab them from one mode to the other. This should not be confused with partsforming, which doesnt apply to this toy.

The only back kibble, if you eve call it that, is his tail and you can pose it as you like.

You can even use it for some extra offense.

Speaking of offense, it turns out his stylyzed hands are as functional as any other robot hand out there. Its just an aesthetic but it doesnt hinder any fuctionality or poseability.

Now onto the deco, I have no complaints. There is a nice mix of three different plastic colours and there are quite a few places where dark purple is painted onto a lighter purple plastic which gives the figure a nice blend of two tones with some grey to break it up. This shot below shows the majority of his paint apps which highlight molded detail.

What surprises me most are his robot legs. Those stilt like thin legs have 0 problem holding the figure up. They designed this figure to be perfectly balanced. Those legs can be aranged as you wish to change his height.

Here are some comparisons with other RID Decepticons and deluxes.

What I am realizing with this Robots in Disguise line is that this is where the evolution of the brand is happening. Here is where we can see new designs and new ways to achieve an alt mode. While I can see how the Generations line may be more interesting to some, the real innovation in Transformers designs is happening here and this Scorponok mold is a perfect example of that.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Re: A Ton of Images of TRU Exclusive Robots in Disguise Paralon (Scorponok Redeco) with Review

Postby Kurona » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:20 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:The only back kibble, if you even call it that, is his tail and you can pose it as you like.

Aside from, y'know, the beast mode legs just very awkwardly sticking out his body...

Surprised you gave no mention to the headsculpt since that's the thing that's new here and what most people are interested in, given we've seen and experienced this mold before.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:40 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I can't say I like the look of it in either mode. One of the most fun aspects of a Scorponok type is usually the scorpion claws you can have grabbing another Transformer (many times I had G1 Scorponok about to crush the head of one of my less fortunate figures) but, unless I'm missing something, this doesn't really have claws at all, just big awkward block things on the ends of it's arms. The robot body is very unappealing and scrawny too and the hook-like hands look more cheap and lazy rather than stylised. I dunno. I felt like this during last week when I was sorting through those Animated figures I got in a big lot. There are aspects of those figures I find cleverly done in regards to parts integration but the figures themselves just don't work for me at all in aesthetics and design. In regards to recent TV show Transformers there were figures I kinda liked in Prime (such as the best darn Wheeljack ever made) but so far nothing in RID appeals to me. Thankfully with Titans and another line of movie figures likely on the way that's not a big deal since there ARE Transformers out there for me (even if they are difficult to find cos my nearest toy shop is ages away and mostly just stocks the simplistic RID figures) and any clever innovations Hasbro/Takara do in one line tends to then affect others so the whole franchise figure line benefits. I'll pass on this though. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:12 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
These look amazing, gonna try to nab all three. Optimus really ends up the winner in my eye's, so glad I abstained from buying the older model :saint:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: A Ton of Images of TRU Exclusive Robots in Disguise Paralon (Scorponok Redeco) with Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:13 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:The only back kibble, if you even call it that, is his tail and you can pose it as you like.

Aside from, y'know, the beast mode legs just very awkwardly sticking out his body...

Surprised you gave no mention to the headsculpt since that's the thing that's new here and what most people are interested in, given we've seen and experienced this mold before.

Scorponok actually hasn't ended up at retail yet, so this is the first look at the mold in-hand and a proper review of someone from North America to have it (I'm pretty certain). So this really is our first really good look at the mold.

and it's a pretty nice mold. I'm looking forward to getting this as Scorponok
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:20 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Scorponok actually hasn't ended up at retail yet, so this is the first look at the mold in-hand and a proper review of someone from North America to have it (I'm pretty certain). So this really is our first really good look at the mold.

and it's a pretty nice mold. I'm looking forward to getting this as Scorponok

pfft, yeah, I haven't even seen Thunderhoof's wave yet, really wanted that blizzard drift, and thunderhoof too... oh well, guess that's to be expected, what with being a transformers fan :roll:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:28 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Hellscream9999 wrote:pfft, yeah, I haven't even seen Thunderhoof's wave yet, really wanted that blizzard drift, and thunderhoof too... oh well, guess that's to be expected, what with being a transformers fan :roll:

Thunderhoof's wave hit me about 2 months ago. He's gone and so is Quillfire, but Blizzard drift is still here, as is blizzard prime
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Optimusprime809 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:30 am

Love your reviews on these TRU figures!
Optimusprime809
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Watch Optimusprime809 on YouTube

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:34 am

Kurona wrote:

I meant more like backpack material kibble. The legs dont add to the back's mass, they fold up well. We did a whole news on the head so I though that wasnt needed. It was metnionned in this article though:
While this is a redeco of Robots in Disguise Scorponok, with a new Beast Wars themed head, this one is released first so it's a good way to experience this new Robots in Disguise mold.

Also, we've experienced this mold before? I thought it wasnt out yet. When was it released? Let me know so i can correct the article.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:38 am

D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:pfft, yeah, I haven't even seen Thunderhoof's wave yet, really wanted that blizzard drift, and thunderhoof too... oh well, guess that's to be expected, what with being a transformers fan :roll:

Thunderhoof's wave hit me about 2 months ago. He's gone and so is Quillfire, but Blizzard drift is still here, as is blizzard prime

Lucky, they had good turnover too, but the stores near me just stopped getting new stock as they seemingly hit critical non-interest what with the asinine later wave assortments being retreads of figures that are still shelfwarming from wave 1 :roll:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:38 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Nice review! I have to say I like the looks of Paralon a lot more than Yet Another Optimus Prime and Hollow McEmptiness Starscream. I hope he (or at the very least Scorponok) comes out in the UK.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am

You can always ask me for help with those if need be.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 am

Optimusprime809 wrote:Love your reviews on these TRU figures!

That is most kind of you. It's not often that we get figures first so I wanted to make the most of it.

Carnivius_Prime wrote: unless I'm missing something, this doesn't really have claws at all, just big awkward block things on the ends of it's arms.

They are most definitely claws. They have an opening at the front to visually seperate the pincer halves:

But they dont actually open and I can see how that could be a turn off. But I see it as a compromise for not having them become the robot mode hands. We already have a bunch of those TFs already so I see this as a chance for something new. The same thing again and again can be boring, at least it is to me.

And I dont see how his forearms are any lazier than any other forearms in the line. They articulate as much as any other. Though I do understand not liking the aesthetic of course. And anyone who is not fond of animated would unerstandably not be fond of this line. I love animated so it follows suit.

The Prime toys were very different from either of these lines. They are actually much closer to movie figures, with all their panelling. Thanks for your input though, its always appreciated!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:11 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Good stuff Will! I really like the looks of this guy and can't wait to see how he works. I think I may hold out for the regular release.

In one of the earlier reviews you mentioned "Retro Regret" or something like that. This whole line has kind of been that way for me. I would have rather had Arctic Blast Prime, or Drift over the OG decos. I like the repaint of Quillfire a little better than the 1st. And then there's the issue of the Takara decos VS. the Hasbro. But hey, they are all fun toys, and I agree that the diversity and originality of engineering in this line is really keeping things fresh. Especially held next to Combiner Wars. (and I'm not really complaining about CW, because I get why they are what they are.)

And Hellscream, if it makes you feel any better, I just found Thunderhoof. The wave had shown up a while ago, but TH was always the first to go. There may still be hope for you finding them. Keep hunting, and you may just bag that trophy buck.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:13 am

Cobotron wrote:And Hellscream, if it makes you feel any better, I just found Thunderhoof. The wave had shown up a while ago, but TH was always the first to go. There may still be hope for you finding them. Keep hunting, and you may just bag that trophy buck.

Just make sure you check your state's antler point count to make sure he's legal!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 am

Cobotron wrote:And Hellscream, if it makes you feel any better, I just found Thunderhoof. The wave had shown up a while ago, but TH was always the first to go. There may still be hope for you finding them. Keep hunting, and you may just bag that trophy buck.

Says the guy who has TR stuff to the guy with stores still stocking wave 1 of rid and wave 4 of CW :-P

I'm totally not bitter or anything, I mean, it's not like hunting for tf's used to be a lot of fun for me or anything /:)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:27 am

Cobotron wrote:In one of the earlier reviews you mentioned "Retro Regret" or something like that. This whole line has kind of been that way for me.

Yeah, it was retro jipped :lol: . Because later figures give you more or give you something you preffer but didnt know existed. And Takara doesnt help. Hasbro releases a warrior optimus and grimlock saying there wont be a bigger one. So you get those. And then Takara shows their voyager grimlock and leader optimus out of the blue and you get those. And then Takara has an improved leader Optimus with minicon interaction and a biger sword and a look he uses more on the show and your like "Aaargh just tell me what my options are from the get go dammit!". Its no ones fault but ideally I would like to know whats in the making when it comes to the reuse of molds. That example with Warrior Power Surge Optimus is egregious. That toy gives you soooo much compared to the initial release which really makes me feel like they've been skimping on us this whole time. Its like we get the CW legends figures one year and then the next we get the generations releases with targetmasters.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Noideaforaname » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:29 am

Awful lot of excitement for what looks to be a rather plain, straightforward redux of Scorponok. No fun silly gimmicks like the other Scorpies, just a refined version of the less-than-interesting transformation scheme.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:59 am

Noideaforaname wrote:Awful lot of excitement for what looks to be a rather plain, straightforward redux of Scorponok. No fun silly gimmicks like the other Scorpies, just a refined version of the less-than-interesting transformation scheme.

But all the other scorpies were of a larger class size that came with gimicks. None were ever deluxes, aside from the movie toy. And this is the best transformation so far. Are you bored by the ton of similar Optimus transformations where his arms are in the front, his head flips out of the top of the cab and his legs make the back of the cab? I fail to see how one is less interesting than the other. At least we have less Scorpions than Optimuses.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Tigertrack » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Looks like a good figure to add to the collection. Love the robot head. Nice review. Those spindly legs do look like they will collapse if a speck of dust lands on his shoulder,

Thanks for all the reviews WJ. Helpful in deciding if I'll want these when they make their way here.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:54 pm

Tigertrack wrote:Looks like a good figure to add to the collection. Love the robot head. Nice review. Those spindly legs do look like they will collapse if a speck of dust lands on his shoulder,

Thanks for all the reviews WJ. Helpful in deciding if I'll want these when they make their way here.

Glad I could help, the pleasure is all mine :)

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON