This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:41 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Its too bad they didnt give us pics for the Warrior Class, thats what I wanted to see most.

Same. I don't need more renders of Combiner Force to know they're terrible, gimme Stormshot!

I am not sold on stormshot though. While Starscream had a nice levelof complexity to his transformation, this guy seems very basic, reminding me almost of a combiner wars jet.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:45 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Its too bad they didnt give us pics for the Warrior Class, thats what I wanted to see most.

Same. I don't need more renders of Combiner Force to know they're terrible, gimme Stormshot!

I am not sold on stormshot though. While Starscream had a nice levelof complexity to his transformation, this guy seems very basic, reminding me almost of a combiner wars jet.

Maybe... but he still looks cool.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 am

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Maybe... but he still looks cool.

Robot mode looks good, I wont deny it.

And to be frank, jet mode looks pretty good. I like the reference to real life jets.

I just dont like how unoriginal that transformation is and that plays a big factor for me.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Combiner Force? Just say Powerlink. :roll:
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:55 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
ARG! So frustrated by the fact that I have absolutely no need or desire for those big clunky toys, but their minicons are truly amazing! :BANG_HEAD:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby ThunderThruster » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Combiner Force? Just say Powerlink. :roll:

How about Multi-on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l5_940iUeI
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby RAR » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 pm

I think those Combiner Force would be more interesting if they made a few more of them with the likes of Drift, Jazz, Ratchet & maybe Windblade in the line.

But I expect what you see is all there is going to be - and they will vanish like the Minicon compatible scout sized ones.

Oh and the seem to have renamed One-steps I notice.
But regardless what they call them did we really need 3 Bumblebee & 3 Optimus One Step Moulds ?

I like all the new Autobot Jets - if they'd not got so greedy and actually just made Bludgeon I'd have been interested - but the chances of RID being around long enough to actually release a Bludgeon toy seems slim - perhaps Takara might do it though. - And would it have offended some Toy god of something to have at least pre-paint it as Banzai-tron instead of a very inappropriate Autobot.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Combiner Force is very eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. At least the warriors are good, can't wait for their renders!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:55 pm

The combiner force stuff seems to go along with the one steps and 3 steps as being more for small kids. I like how they crash into eachother for them to become a big bot.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby RAR » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:34 pm

I wonder if they copied the idea of a Chinese car toy they sell on Sirtoys.com where you have a couple of cars that collide and turn into a snake or some-such.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Deadput » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
RAR wrote:I wonder if they copied the idea of a Chinese car toy they sell on Sirtoys.com where you have a couple of cars that collide and turn into a snake or some-such.

That only sounds vaguely similar and even then i doubt they copied it since they Hasbro did something similar in Energon and putting two things to turn into a bigger thing is not an original concept.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Cobotron » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Also Bot Shots had a collision based transformation.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Cobotron wrote:Also Bot Shots had a collision based transformation.

Those new minicons remind me of botshots actually.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ThunderThruster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:51 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Deadput wrote:
RAR wrote:I wonder if they copied the idea of a Chinese car toy they sell on Sirtoys.com where you have a couple of cars that collide and turn into a snake or some-such.

That only sounds vaguely similar and even then i doubt they copied it since they Hasbro did something similar in Energon and putting two things to turn into a bigger thing is not an original concept.

It wasn't an original concept in Energon either, as it's the main basis for Victory's MultiForce
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Pictorial Review of Warriors Ratchet and Bisk from Robots in Disguise

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:16 am

Everyone's favourite Seibertronian, Cobotron, has gotten his mits on the most recent Robots in Disguise toys: Warriors Ratchet and Bisk. He has given us a review of them full of in hand images. Enjoy!

So, I some how stumbled onto Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 9. I found them at a Walmart in suburban Omaha. This wave includes the two new releases Ratchet and Bisk. It also reprises Scorponok, Power Surge Optimus Prime, Drift, and the repaint of Quillfire as Scatterspike.

I picked up Ratchet and Bisk, as well as Scorponok because to the best of my knowledge, Wave 8 has not shown up in my area.

Let's have a look at Ratchet, yeah?

His bot mode is outstanding! This is a great representation of this old stand by. With no knowledge of how he will be portrayed in the show, there is no doubt who he is supposed to be. From the classic windshield chest, to the iconic color scheme and head crest, to the grumpy old expression of his displeased turned down frown. Yup! That's Ratchet!

His articulation is good. Joints are all tight, and his stability is good due to his feet having an enormous surface area. He is as solid as his mold allows him to be. The inclusion of his two pistols is a cool nod to the past while being a really nice modern update in character design.

Hang in there Swipe. You're gonna make it.

His head sculpt is awesome. It hits all those old classic design ques, but keeps up with the current look of the new RID. And HOLY SMOKES! Look at those eyes!

Of course we all know by now that Ratchet is a retool of the Strongarm mold. And a HEAVY one at that.

I would say about 40% of their parts are shared, but at least 85% of those parts have been re-sculpted with new detail. Even the hands and forearms (which are mostly hidden) have been re-detailed.
I should note that I have added some paint to my Strongarm, which is why she differs from the normal Hasbro release.

The only shame in this retooling is that they have done away with those nice posable feet of Strongarm's.

Alt mode

The alt mode is were the lack of paint is most apparent, but the mode itself is fantastic for the old gurney bot. Sure I want to see Ratchet as a van type vehicle, but this truck will do just fine. The retooling has altered the transformation a bit. Mostly in the legs / rear of the truck. The panels forming the front end have some gaps, but everything pegs together nicely.

Decent weapons storage in the under carriage.

All in all he is a really fun update to this classic old bot. I've heard some excitement about this toy working as a good MTMTE Ratchet. Sure! Heck he could even make for a good Classics Ratchet. The cool thing about using the ol' imagination noodle, is anything's possible!

Now for the mold I think people are most excited for.

Bisk

This is another one of those RID Warrior class figures that just nails it. He captures the funky posture and gesture of this wild character perfectly. His articulation is great. I'm not sure why or where he would need any more paint. The claws work out really well, and although seemingly a tad after thoughty, the way he holds those cool little blasters works just fine.

A face only a mother could love.
His head is molded out of a soft rubbery plastic so it can kind of contort into it's place in alt mode with no risk of breaking.

Bisk's alt mode is all the dope with a spackling of totally RAD!

His transformation is FANTASTIC! Right on par with Thunderhoof and Fracture. I'm sure he will be considered as one of the best of the year from the RID line.

Alt mode weapon integration

Bisk is a great Transformers toy that I highly recommend. Even if your not a Robots In Disguise fan. Who wouldn't want to ad this freaky beast faced bot to their Decepticon ranks?
There is an old Decepticon adage that states: It's better to have lobsters on your piano, than crabs on your organ. They're talking about Bisk. :-P

Toys are fun! Toys FOREVER!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Umbra » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 am

Thanks a lot for the pictures, you've definitely got me interested in Ratchet. I do rather hope Reprolabels might hit this guy up though to do something about the alt mode.
Umbra
Micromaster

Postby datguy86 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:55 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I am pleasantly surprised by the Decepticon forces for RID. I have no attachment to the cartoon, but the toys are too good to pass up.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:00 am

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Shame these are going to be hard to find in my area. My walmart finally got a new case but it's of five power surge Optomi and a few drifts and Windblades. Last time I checked that store was in November last year and they still had Offroad. :lol:

Nice review by the way, I always like these pictorial reviews over videos just because of how much more you an do with these. I've also got a question for you, does Ratchet's weapons attach anywhere else for an "attack mode"?
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:00 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Both are really good looking toys. I can't wait to find these guys in store!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Re: Pictorial Review of Warriors Ratchet and Bisk from Robots in Disguise

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:14 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
william-james88 wrote:Everyone's favourite Seibertronian, Cobotron, has gotten his mits on the most recent Robots in Disguise toys: Warriors Ratchet and Bisk. He has given us a review of them full of in hand images. Enjoy!

So, I some how stumbled onto Robots In Disguise Warrior Class Wave 9. I found them at a Walmart in suburban Omaha. This wave includes the two new releases Ratchet and Bisk. It also reprises Scorponok, Power Surge Optimus Prime, Drift, and the repaint of Quillfire as Scatterspike.

I picked up Ratchet and Bisk, as well as Scorponok because to the best of my knowledge, Wave 8 has not shown up in my area.

Let's have a look at Ratchet, yeah?

His bot mode is outstanding! This is a great representation of this old stand by. With no knowledge of how he will be portrayed in the show, there is no doubt who he is supposed to be. From the classic windshield chest, to the iconic color scheme and head crest, to the grumpy old expression of his displeased turned down frown. Yup! That's Ratchet!

His articulation is good. Joints are all tight, and his stability is good due to his feet having an enormous surface area. He is as solid as his mold allows him to be. The inclusion of his two pistols is a cool nod to the past while being a really nice modern update in character design.

Hang in there Swipe. You're gonna make it.

His head sculpt is awesome. It hits all those old classic design ques, but keeps up with the current look of the new RID. And HOLY SMOKES! Look at those eyes!

Of course we all know by now that Ratchet is a retool of the Strongarm mold. And a HEAVY one at that.

I would say about 40% of their parts are shared, but at least 85% of those parts have been re-sculpted with new detail. Even the hands and forearms (which are mostly hidden) have been re-detailed.
I should note that I have added some paint to my Strongarm, which is why she differs from the normal Hasbro release.

The only shame in this retooling is that they have done away with those nice posable feet of Strongarm's.

Alt mode

The alt mode is were the lack of paint is most apparent, but the mode itself is fantastic for the old gurney bot. Sure I want to see Ratchet as a van type vehicle, but this truck will do just fine. The retooling has altered the transformation a bit. Mostly in the legs / rear of the truck. The panels forming the front end have some gaps, but everything pegs together nicely.

Decent weapons storage in the under carriage.

All in all he is a really fun update to this classic old bot. I've heard some excitement about this toy working as a good MTMTE Ratchet. Sure! Heck he could even make for a good Classics Ratchet. The cool thing about using the ol' imagination noodle, is anything's possible!

Now for the mold I think people are most excited for.

Bisk

This is another one of those RID Warrior class figures that just nails it. He captures the funky posture and gesture of this wild character perfectly. His articulation is great. I'm not sure why or where he would need any more paint. The claws work out really well, and although seemingly a tad after thoughty, the way he holds those cool little blasters works just fine.

A face only a mother could love.
His head is molded out of a soft rubbery plastic so it can kind of contort into it's place in alt mode with no risk of breaking.

Bisk's alt mode is all the dope with a spackling of totally RAD!

His transformation is FANTASTIC! Right on par with Thunderhoof and Fracture. I'm sure he will be considered as one of the best of the year from the RID line.

Alt mode weapon integration

Bisk is a great Transformers toy that I highly recommend. Even if your not a Robots In Disguise fan. Who wouldn't want to ad this freaky beast faced bot to their Decepticon ranks?
There is an old Decepticon adage that states: It's better to have lobsters on your piano, than crabs on your organ. They're talking about Bisk. :-P

Toys are fun! Toys FOREVER!

Ratchet deffo needs more paint in vehicle mode!(Takara get on that please)

& is it me? or does Bisk vehicle mode look like a TF Prime Vehicon? even the weapons placement in vehicle mode is similar to that of a Vehicon(well...at least on the TF Prime show) + with Thermidor his colours will prob even look more closer to that of a Vehicon.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Re: Pictorial Review of Warriors Ratchet and Bisk from Robots in Disguise

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:31 am

Stuartmaximus wrote:Ratchet deffo needs more paint in vehicle mode!(Takara get on that please)

& is it me? or does Bisk vehicle mode look like a TF Prime Vehicon? even the weapons placement in vehicle mode is similar to that of a Vehicon(well...at least on the TF Prime show) + with Thermidor his colours will prob even look more closer to that of a Vehicon.

Here is what the Takara version of both look like:

Really not that many differences, so Ratchet is meant to look like that in both versions.

And Bisk does look a bit like a vehicon as in they both are sporty cars and the weapons placement is the same, but they are drastically different figures. Plus, Bisk is much more sleek than the vehicon in alt mode
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Bisk looks amazing, can't wait to find him :DANCE:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I SERIOUSLY hope Bisk comes out over here, 'cause he looks superb. That car mode, those claws, the headsculpt...just perfect.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
I'll prob wait for Thermidor, as i prefer Thermidor's colours ;)

In much the same way that i got Paralon! coz i preferred his colours over that of Scorponok.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Cobotron » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 am

Terrsolpix wrote: does Ratchet's weapons attach anywhere else for an "attack mode"?
Unfortunately, no. Just underneath.

Stuartmaximus wrote:Ratchet deffo needs more paint in vehicle mode!(Takara get on that please)

Ya, I thought that too. He does look a bit like a Vehicon. Especially with the Cadillac-like head lights and grill.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM259 305B (CA)Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
NEW!
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 JUN238041 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 virgin IDW Comics 2009 JUL090906 9RI (CA) Atkins (W) Dixon"
GI JOE #9 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE YEARBOOK #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM820 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM895 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220459 2A (CA) Schoening"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON