This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Soundwave Variant Facesculpt Found

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun May 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Va'al wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Va'al wrote:Notified by fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade, we checked in with AllSpark user SwiftEagle who reports a Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior class Soundwave variant found. The new version has some added plastic to the otherwise entirely lightpiped facesculpt, adding the traditional faceplate, and a different pattern on the scanning sticker.

Is it new sculpting? I was under the impression that the mask was always there, they just didn't paint over it so it would match his Prime look (the added paint matches the package art).
Capture.JPG

Emerje

I thought about that too when writing the story, but the person who found it said it was a new piece of plastic - so I don't know, is the answer here. :-?

And I never checked that Soundwave I saw at TRU, stupid stupid! :BANG_HEAD:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
he does look ten times better with a face plate but the alt mode is still horrible. Looks terrible in general and just doesnt fit the character at all. But from the looks of the picture its a retool, the faceplate looks to be attached to the head and not just painted on. Plus if it was paint why would they use blue and not the grey thats on the arms and legs?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Tell me, what the hell is the logic behind that mask? Does Soundwave's face-protecting visor not conceal his face enough?
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Kurona » Sun May 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
PrymeStriker wrote:Tell me, what the hell is the logic behind that mask? Does Soundwave's face-protecting visor not conceal his face enough?

It just wasn't enough protection against rabid G1 fanboys, I'm afraid :(
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ScottyP » Mon May 08, 2017 11:04 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Faceplate looks nice, and does get the toy about 1% closer to actually looking like Prime Soundwave.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 11:06 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
ScottyP wrote:Faceplate looks nice, and does get the toy about 1% closer to actually looking like Prime Soundwave.
Wouldn't that be 1% away from looking like Prime Soundwave? Prime Soundwave had a full visored face with no faceplate.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Zeedust » Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Kurona wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Tell me, what the hell is the logic behind that mask? Does Soundwave's face-protecting visor not conceal his face enough?

He's still better protected from them than Drag Strip is. :-P
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

New Robots in Disguise One Steps Revealed with New Strongarm (3rd mold) and Heatseeker

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The Robots in Disguise line is continuing strong in all its classes, including the one steps. Believe it or not, Hasbro is going to release a third mold for Strongarm in the one step class, meaning a completely new transformation. That means Strongarm has had a new one step mold for each year and subline. You can see the previous molds following the new one whos only image we have is in it's package. The 5 mm port on the top is interesting and hints at a possible interactivity with the new mini-cons coming out.

This new toy was found on Red Mercury, a Japanese import site (since several Japanese Transformers fans feel the need to import Hasbro products and these will cost them $22 each) and it also had a listing an image for another new one step, Heatseeker. This character is getting a lot of attention in the toyline with also getting a legion class toy. None of the other stunticons are getting this much attention.

Enjoy these two new in package images. You can see the robot mode as a render on the side.

Here are the previous Strongarm One Step molds

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Strongarm Gallery

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Strongarm Gallery
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Zeedust wrote:
Kurona wrote:

He's still better protected from them than Drag Strip is. :-P
But the only thing Drag Strip really has in common with his G1 namesake is his color scheme, and only partly at that. The back half of Drag Strip's altmode is colored more like Wildrider, and the overall vehicle type of the altmode is more of a normal-looking car than an F-1 racer.

Not to mention his personality. Instead of the victory-obsessed braggart that G1 Drag Strip was, RID Drag Strip is basically an evil Ralph Kramden, complete with Wildbreak as his answer to Ed Norton. :lol:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Mon May 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Not to mention his personality. Instead of the victory-obsessed braggart that G1 Drag Strip was, RID Drag Strip is basically an evil Ralph Kramden, complete with Wildbreak as his answer to Ed Norton. :lol:

He is obsessed with being promoted which is like another type of race to victory so I guess that works for Dragstrip eh?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Not to mention his personality. Instead of the victory-obsessed braggart that G1 Drag Strip was, RID Drag Strip is basically an evil Ralph Kramden, complete with Wildbreak as his answer to Ed Norton. :lol:

He is obsessed with being promoted which is like another type of race to victory so I guess that works for Dragstrip eh?
He's still more Jackie Gleason than he is G1 Drag Strip:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Deadput wrote:

He's still more Jackie Gleason than he is G1 Drag Strip:

Not disagreeing just stating there are a few subtle similarities/connections.

I do like these two guys quite a bit especially compared to the so far pretty dull Heatseeker who I thought was going to be a scientist or a smart guy at first due to the legion toy having a monocle which I now realize is a a missal targeting scope thing and his name sort of sounding scientific or related to seeking heat sources.

Would of broken the mold for stereotypical Stunticon thug but I guess we still got Slashmark who I can't tell if he is a stand in for Dead End or Offroad.

His so far only toy is white and blue which is like none of the standard Stunticons except Breakdown loosly but Wildbreak already fills that homage and better.

The Menasor render makes his colors different though but they still look not much like Dead End besides a little red. (His right leg)

So is Slashmark a homage to any past Stunticon or is he the most original of the new guys (Wildbreak, Heatseeker, Slashmark)?

Since their names are different and there are already established versions of the original Stunticons not part of this team although both the Takara exclusive Wildrider states he and Breakdown from Prime were at once point Stunticons and so far Dead End is just some Energon Vampire dude and not stated as part of them I'm going to headcanon that the Stunticons were a rotating group of guys who often replace dead members or members who quit and only Motormaster and Dragstrip remain of the first group.

Unless the show or official word states otherwise then I'll accept fact but I like this head canon since it reminds me of how Combiner Wars started the trend of alternate members of Combiners which is a concept I like a lot.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:04 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
The new Strongarm seems to use the "Fold Open" transformation that was seen on Combiner Force Bumblebee. Really nice transformation.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 09, 2017 12:05 am

Yeah, Slashmark looks to be the Breakdown homage despite Wildbreak's presence on the team. It looks like only Drag Strip and Motormaster actually resemble their namesakes' decos, while Heatseeker has Wildrider's/Offroad's colors, Slashmark has Breakdown's colors, and Wildbreak has, uh, Prime Breakdown's colors, being predominately dark blue when none of the G1 Stunticons had dark blue as their main color, thereby making Wildbreak have the most original-looking deco if one forgives the resemblance to Prime Breakdown's colors.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wildbreak looks more like an amalgam of War Breakdown and Wildrider/Brake-Neck with the red windows. Strangely, his personality is like G1 Breakdown.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7

Postby Deadput » Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 am

Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, Slashmark looks to be the Breakdown homage despite Wildbreak's presence on the team. It looks like only Drag Strip and Motormaster actually resemble their namesakes' decos, while Heatseeker has Wildrider's/Offroad's colors, Slashmark has Breakdown's colors, and Wildbreak has, uh, Prime Breakdown's colors, being predominately dark blue when none of the G1 Stunticons had dark blue as their main color, thereby making Wildbreak have the most original-looking deco if one forgives the resemblance to Prime Breakdown's colors.

Maybe Dead End is banned to be part of Menasor because no one wants a vampire to combine with them
:lol: !

Am I the only one who hopes that Motormaster is called "The Motormaster" instead of just a name because it sounds cooler and more like a title?

Although this new season is 20 something episodes do you think the so far toy only characters will show up? (Bludgeon, Skywarp, Blastwave, Stormshot, Stormhammer, Skysledge, Twinferno) and if we will see Jazz again or if we find out why Roughedge an Autobot is hanging with Starscream?
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby RAR » Tue May 09, 2017 2:06 am

I wonder why they have made 'at least' couple of reverse deco Strongarm's now - perhaps Patrol (Black) would make more sense then a more or less negative colour scheme.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 09, 2017 9:14 am

Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who hopes that Motormaster is called "The Motormaster" instead of just a name because it sounds cooler and more like a title?
I don't, because I want that "The Motor Master" thing to stay exclusive to the Animated version. That was his thing. I want RID Motormaster to find his own unique quirk.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby RAR » Tue May 09, 2017 11:30 am

I saw Tesco have reduced both RID Activator Combiners and Crash Combiners - which normally would be good - but I don't think they are doing it to make space for the new waves - I think they are doing it to stop selling them - so that means I will have to hope Smyths are true to their word and stock them.

It's strange the Dragon Rescue Bot Bumblebee is pretty much out already (ages before I expected to see it) and yet Soundwave no sign of - if they still have not got (or barely got) AC Sideswipe out in the UK then - with that delay then really they should have had Optimus/Soundwave and Optimus all out at the same time to use the line better - as if they sell the previous waves with even more Bumblebee's that would be trouble.

I hope Chefatron changes his mind and gets that AC Optimus to review.

Perhaps they will get a card standee in some places like the ones they have for the Movie - but for Combiner Force...

I'm a little disappointed the card standee's lack Voyagers though - as I expect Movie Voyagers will essentially be online only to me. It seems pretty likely the same is going to be true for the Combiners too - but who know some are saying tomorrow is an important street date for Transformers.

I just really want a Legion Bisk and Blurr though - I'd not be super surprised if Legion Cyclonus never shows up though.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Seibertron » Tue May 09, 2017 4:13 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
ToaLeePrime wrote:A target exclusive perhaps? Like the battle masked Megatronus?

Has anyone else seen the soundwave variant? I cant find him in chicago subrubs, just like i was never able to find chromedome variant.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Deadput » Tue May 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Seibertron wrote:
ToaLeePrime wrote:A target exclusive perhaps? Like the battle masked Megatronus?

Has anyone else seen the soundwave variant? I cant find him in chicago subrubs, just like i was never able to find chromedome variant.

I think the Chromedome one was only a mistake that only ended up in that area.

Tis a shame since I would love for Hasbro to do official variants like that it makes sense.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Deadput wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I think the Chromedome one was only a mistake that only ended up in that area.

Tis a shame since I would love for Hasbro to do official variants like that it makes sense.
It was found in two states, though. One of the Carolinas and Texas, IIRC.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Tue May 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It was found in two states, though. One of the Carolinas and Texas, IIRC.

Thanks for the correction...should of taken that Texas trip.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Robots in Disguise New Strongarm and Heatseeker One Steps Found in US and Video Review

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The new One Steps part of Wave 15 have been found in the US. This wave includes the new Strongarm mold and Heatseeker. They were found at Target in Huntington Beach by TFW2005 user OCProwl.

If the new Heatseeker tempts you, you can also check out a video review of him below, courtesy of Panda Prime productions.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Robots in Disguise (2015) Ultrabee, Galvatronus & Menasor stock photos and UK listings

Postby Kurona » Sat May 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
While we previously got stock photos for Menasor, images for the other two Robots in Disguise Combiners - Galvatronus and Ultrabee - were unfortunately nowhere to be seen. Well, not so much anymore! Toys R Us' UK division has uploaded listings and stock photos for all three combiners, putting each at £35 and getting us a good look at these guys - though also somehow managing to have the robot modes of all three torso bots (Bumblebee, Cyclonus and Motormaster) mistransformed by giving them their combiner head rather than their robot head. Regardless, check out the listings for Ultrabee, Galvatronus and Menasor if you're interested and take a look at the stock photos below!

Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Speed: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220496 War's End 2RI Ossio"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ART TREVOR HUTCHISON #0 All Hail Megatron IDW Comics 2009"
Transformers ART T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010X"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM979 (CA) Henry (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 FEB140339 (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207D"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210486 4B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 FEB200644 1A (CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM326 7A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON