This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds

Postby Va'al » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:59 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We've seen some first looks at 2015's Transformers, including Generations Combiner Wars, official images for Robots in Disguise, Angry Birds and Kre-O - but how about taking a proper look at what was on display at NYCC 2014 Hasbro's Press Party? Seibertron.com has you covered, with our trademark high quality galleries, including One-Step, Hyperchange, Warrior, Legion and Titan version of the main cast of RID (Strongarm, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Steeljaw and Optimus Prime), the two new Generations Thundercracker and Huffer remolds, some themed Kre-O sets (such as Samurai and Cowboy Optimus Prime) and the Angry Birds Racing set and Telepods. Check them out by clicking on any image below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds

Postby robotmel » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:11 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:shock:
If it hasnt been seen or mentioned already...

THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Hasbro NYCC Party Galleries: Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise, Kre-o, and Angry Birds

Postby grimdragon2001 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:16 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
anyone else planning on getting an extra fireflight to repaint into slingshot?
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby DMSL » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:27 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Simplified and badly scaled Transformers....what is happening to Hasbro.

:BANG_HEAD:
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Slashercon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:33 am

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
robotmel wrote::shock:

My mind has been blown. :grin:
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:34 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser

AWESOME catch!
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Diem » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:04 am

I'm usually a major Hasbro apologist but those Robots In Disguise figures look dreadful. I really hope there are some real Generations quality figures down the line.

On the other hand actual Generations stuff looks great.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:12 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
DMSL wrote:Simplified and badly scaled Transformers....what is happening to Hasbro.

How are they simplified? The Combiners aren't "Beast Hunters Upscaled Cyberverse" simplified or AoE Power Attackers at all, they have all 3 modes for pete sake.

Nice catch indeed! Especially with Alpha Bravo ("not-Slingshot") forming a leg, this confirms Scramble capability.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Gallifreyan Autobot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:50 am

Motto: "The war is not won by who is toughest it is about courage and how smart one is"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Might have to pick up the deluxe figures reuse prime as either star or galaxy convoy and where there is a Optimus figure a Megatron figure will probably soon follows though there might be someone who might say the he ain't getting one though we will have to wait and see
Autobot tap out wrote:
i hope y'all realize once Va'al gets back from wherever and reads these post insulting his favorite character , somebody's not going to be a happy camper :roll: >:oP

LOST Cybertronian wrote: He is currently tied up in the Seibertron.com basement. When we see fit to let him go, you can be sure he will give his opinions on the subject.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote: I thought the Daleks had him? :BOT:

Hellscream9999 wrote: They do

The truth is revealed :shock:
Gallifreyan Autobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby padfoo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon

Wow so true!
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby megatronus » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
robotmel wrote:THEIR CHESTS ARE THE COMBINER PEGS!!

I'm pretty sure we've known this for a long while.

Does that make me a bad person?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby RotorstormNZ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
Re the chestpegs, some of us guessed as much I think :-)

I'm surprised there hasn't been/doesn't seem to have been much comment about the combiner hand/foot parts being shown off as weapons on the Deluxes. I love it when they minimise leftover parts, especially when they enhance play value. Nice work HasTak!
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 8

Postby jamarmiller » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Motto: "All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!"
Im hoping Takara repaints / release a firefly in SLing Shot colors like they did with the FOC shockwave mold ( being different character and colors in japan from the USA one , but both be airlbots )
All lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
jamarmiller
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
RotorstormNZ wrote:Re the chestpegs, some of us guessed as much I think :-)

I'm surprised there hasn't been/doesn't seem to have been much comment about the combiner hand/foot parts being shown off as weapons on the Deluxes. I love it when they minimise leftover parts, especially when they enhance play value. Nice work HasTak!

I will tell you why I had commented yet: I had not noticed !!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RotorstormNZ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
william-james88 wrote:I will tell you why I had commented yet: I had not noticed !!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Glad to help :grin: I was VERY pleased to see it, as I couldn't imagine them hiding anywhere as integral parts a-la FOCticus.
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3

Postby Peridot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Firefly's making a very obscene gesture! :shock:
Peridot
Combiner
Speed: 5
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Zeedust » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Diem wrote:I'm usually a major Hasbro apologist but those Robots In Disguise figures look dreadful. I really hope there are some real Generations quality figures down the line.

I get the feeling they think grown-up Transformers fans either won't care about anything other than Generations, or shouldn't care about anything other than Generations. And it kinda makes me cranky.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Lockdownhunter » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:03 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I take back what I said about the Warrior class Optimus,I REALLY DO
To those who saw my warrior class OP comments, IGNORE THEM.IMO, the more pictures I see of this guy,the more I like him.
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby megatronus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:49 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Diem wrote:I'm usually a major Hasbro apologist but those Robots In Disguise figures look dreadful. I really hope there are some real Generations quality figures down the line.

I get the feeling they think grown-up Transformers fans either won't care about anything other than Generations, or shouldn't care about anything other than Generations. And it kinda makes me cranky.

I don't understand - we shouldn't be happy at the advent of Generations as a collector-oriented line?

These are toys after all. At least some of the toys should be targeted to kids. 8-}
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:41 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DMSL wrote:Simplified and badly scaled Transformers....what is happening to Hasbro.

How are they simplified? The Combiners aren't "Beast Hunters Upscaled Cyberverse" simplified or AoE Power Attackers at all, they have all 3 modes for pete sake.

I think he was referring to this picture which quite frankly surprised me too:

Since when do voyagers with 3 modes have such few steps???? I am surprised more people aren't up in arms actually. I can understand the simplification of transformation for toys based on a show targetted to younger children, but this is based on a much larger audience. So I don't get it.

And I would really not recomend anyone to get their hopes up for more generation style figures of the new RID show. The description states that the Warrior Class you see (with those attached hands that dont pivot) is the puzzle based play figures for collectors who seek the traditional transformers experience. So yeah, I dont see more complicated figures from hat line coming anytime soon. I have even gave in ot the idea that if I like the show and plan to buy figures, I will probably purchase that 3 step Grimlock if I want to have something that scales well (my friend gave in and bought Twist and Spin Lockdown just so he could have a movie showdown vs AOE Optimus)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Noideaforaname » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:12 am

megatronus wrote:I don't understand - we shouldn't be happy at the advent of Generations as a collector-oriented line?

Nothing wrong with Generations, it's the RiD line at fault. If you want a decent Strongarm you're out of luck even though there's like 3-4 different sub-lines for the show.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:12 am

william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I think he was referring to this picture which quite frankly surprised me too:

Since when do voyagers with 3 modes have such few steps???? I am surprised more people aren't up in arms actually. I can understand the simplification of transformation for toys based on a show targetted to younger children, but this is based on a much larger audience. So I don't get it.

From the way I see it, Combiners have to be simpler than other equal-sized figures in order to make the combination gimmick work without sacrificing stability. Less moving parts means parts can be bigger and thus can make a figure more sturdy. Besides, the amount of steps do not reflect difficulty, just complexity.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:33 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:From the way I see it, Combiners have to be simpler than other equal-sized figures in order to make the combination gimmick work without sacrificing stability. Less moving parts means parts can be bigger and thus can make a figure more sturdy. Besides, the amount of steps do not reflect difficulty, just complexity.

I fully agree. But I ask you this: isn't complexity preferred over difficulty?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:36 am

Noideaforaname wrote:
megatronus wrote:I don't understand - we shouldn't be happy at the advent of Generations as a collector-oriented line?

Nothing wrong with Generations, it's the RiD line at fault. If you want a decent Strongarm you're out of luck even though there's like 3-4 different sub-lines for the show.

I know! Same can be said about a decent Grimlock and Steel Jaw (but for some reason, Strongarm is the one that really gets to me)

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 am

william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:From the way I see it, Combiners have to be simpler than other equal-sized figures in order to make the combination gimmick work without sacrificing stability. Less moving parts means parts can be bigger and thus can make a figure more sturdy. Besides, the amount of steps do not reflect difficulty, just complexity.

I fully agree. But I ask you this: isn't complexity preferred over difficulty?

Yup, some complex figures can actually be quite easy because you intuitively know where some parts go. I will say tho, that the more steps a figure has, the greater the chance of it becoming complex to the point of frustration.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr L 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240116 2L (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics FEB230376 3C (CA) Rubin"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr S 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230222 1S (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240109"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #2 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JAN230440 2B Jones + Su"
NEW!
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr K 1:10 character Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240198 3K (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr M 1:15 virgin action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240117 2M"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230205 1B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON