IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby cybercat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:58 pm

John Stamoist wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
1984forever wrote:
I love Brainstorm as a Decepticon agent. I'm happy to see that there is at least one AUTObot jet that took a look at his alt-mode and said "hey, I don't turn into a car, so why am I wearing an AUTObot symbol? I'm supposed to be a Decepticon!"



Here's the thing.

We don't know that Brainstorm is a Decepticon. Inside his face plate was a Decepticon symbol painted on, but we don't know the reason why it's there. It could be a million different reasons. A reminder (former Decepticon turned Autobot, the painted on symbol could be a reminder to not go back), he's a spy, he's on the fence, the DJD did it as a mark (it was painted on after all), he has a cerebo shell in his head and he didn't even know he had a symbol in his mask, he's a double agent, his faceplate came from a friend who was killed by Decepticons and he has a huge grudge, he has a really twisted sense of humor, someone else put it in there and he never knew it.
All of those are as probable as him being a Decepticon agent.
So please don't say with absolute certainty that Brainstorm is in fact a Decepticon. We don't know.

Not all Autobots are land vehicles, not all Decepticons are air vehicles. Not even in G1 were all the Autobots land vehicles and all the Decepticon Air Vehicles. Megatron was a gun, as was Shockwave, Soundwave a mini cassette player, Reflector a camera, then came aerialbots, constructicons, Stunticons, Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire, etc. It's a faction not form.


Exactly, it could be all misdirection for who the real traitor is on the Lost Light. The most peculiar part is why Brainstorm chose to go back in time now, not this whole time he had the suitcase. People said the suitcase from the other Lost Light survived because he loves it so much, or because it's a entirely different suitcase. I think maybe he was developing the device this whole time. So on the other Lost Light the device was never completed and the suitcase was always empty, that's why it survived. Any of these is possible, just a matter of what direction they want to go. The info for next issue is weird though, them saying there's no hate or any of that so why is there a problem. Not sure if this is connected to Brainstorm, or if it alludes to the DJD coming back to speak with First Aid and them.


I like these theories. I'm not gonna spoiler mine because a) I ain't cool enough like y'all and b) I'm probably wrong so it's like more of a red herring than a spoiler.

BUT, my theory is TC is Agent 113. And maybe he got buuuuuusted. And that was why he decided to stay even after First Aid noped out.

CC, all my herrings are red.
User avatar
cybercat
Gestalt
Posts: 2039
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: lost in cyborg theory

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Flashwave » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
John Stamoist wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
1984forever wrote:
I love Brainstorm as a Decepticon agent. I'm happy to see that there is at least one AUTObot jet that took a look at his alt-mode and said "hey, I don't turn into a car, so why am I wearing an AUTObot symbol? I'm supposed to be a Decepticon!"



Here's the thing.

We don't know that Brainstorm is a Decepticon. Inside his face plate was a Decepticon symbol painted on, but we don't know the reason why it's there. It could be a million different reasons. A reminder (former Decepticon turned Autobot, the painted on symbol could be a reminder to not go back), he's a spy, he's on the fence, the DJD did it as a mark (it was painted on after all), he has a cerebo shell in his head and he didn't even know he had a symbol in his mask, he's a double agent, his faceplate came from a friend who was killed by Decepticons and he has a huge grudge, he has a really twisted sense of humor, someone else put it in there and he never knew it.
All of those are as probable as him being a Decepticon agent.
So please don't say with absolute certainty that Brainstorm is in fact a Decepticon. We don't know.

Not all Autobots are land vehicles, not all Decepticons are air vehicles. Not even in G1 were all the Autobots land vehicles and all the Decepticon Air Vehicles. Megatron was a gun, as was Shockwave, Soundwave a mini cassette player, Reflector a camera, then came aerialbots, constructicons, Stunticons, Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire, etc. It's a faction not form.


Exactly, it could be all misdirection for who the real traitor is on the Lost Light. The most peculiar part is why Brainstorm chose to go back in time now, not this whole time he had the suitcase. People said the suitcase from the other Lost Light survived because he loves it so much, or because it's a entirely different suitcase. I think maybe he was developing the device this whole time. So on the other Lost Light the device was never completed and the suitcase was always empty, that's why it survived. Any of these is possible, just a matter of what direction they want to go. The info for next issue is weird though, them saying there's no hate or any of that so why is there a problem. Not sure if this is connected to Brainstorm, or if it alludes to the DJD coming back to speak with First Aid and them.


Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3318
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:16 am

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Flashwave wrote:[
Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...


I didn't get it either. You're not alone.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 pm

ctrlFrequency wrote:
Flashwave wrote:[
Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...


I didn't get it either. You're not alone.


Neither did I until I read everyone saying it. I had to go back and realize the shuttle launch announcement was during Megatron's past.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby DarkEnergon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:40 am

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Man, I am so confused and intrigued by this arc. I've reread the past three issues, but can't theorize until I think I have a grasp of what's going on! So, please help me make some sense of things...

Confirmed: The events in this issue roughly occur at the same time as the two Lost Light's resolution.

So, whilst Megatron et al are making sense of things up in space, these four are on some planet nosing around.

Is this the same planet next to the Lost Light?

Now, theory time. When the Lost Light was restored, so was the crew. We know that the other Lost Light disappeared, except for Rewind and Brainstorm's briefcase. Is it possible that living beings with sparks perhaps were not canceled out, and is it possible that some of the crew were not killed by the DJD? Any clues to confirm that the four on the planet were not from the other Lost Light? Oh, First Aid, he wasn't with that crew originally. Ok, so they're from "our" crew.

Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).

So, who f'd up Vos and Kaon?? Did they perhaps flee here after getting injured on the Lost Light?
User avatar
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 3
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:51 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
The planet was the one next to the derelict lost light. They were some of the bots who were on the lost light shuttle that vanished.

The DJD got zapped in a space battle with the galactic council and another I forget the name. And yes, every one aboard the replica lost light was wiped out by the DJD, apart from rewind obviously.

Good thing the DJD killed the other overlord...Otherwise there would of been two of them around!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 am

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
DarkEnergon wrote:Now, theory time. When the Lost Light was restored, so was the crew. We know that the other Lost Light disappeared, except for Rewind and Brainstorm's briefcase. Is it possible that living beings with sparks perhaps were not canceled out, and is it possible that some of the crew were not killed by the DJD? Any clues to confirm that the four on the planet were not from the other Lost Light? Oh, First Aid, he wasn't with that crew originally. Ok, so they're from "our" crew.

Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).


For the first part of your question.... I guess we'll find out.
In theory, as long as their counterpart is dead, then the copy could still be alive (since Rewind is still alive and the 'original' died when the two continuities started colliding).
As for Brainstorm's briefcase, if the briefcase and it's contents don't match what the 'original' Brainstorm has in his (the time machine) the theory is possible the briefcase could still exist because they're not conflicting with each other.

We're working on the theory that things that weren't there when the engines exploded at launch would then not exist in duplicate (which is why there wasn't a Nautica or Nightbeat corpse). So if one of the briefcases and it's contents are not the same as when the Lost Light launched (or if the contents are physically connected to the briefcase you can say that changes the properties of the briefcase to not the same as it was at launch), it could survive simply because the other is different.
Their whole theory is that two copies can't exist in the same universe if they are near each other, so if something survives the engines being shut down, then it doesn't have a counterpart to cancel out.
(I gotta say, I just love this sort of stuff, the idea of the duplicity and what happens when it meets :) )

And for the second part of your question, though it is possible some of the crew is still alive because we didn't see bodies, Rewind did say that every one was killed, they may not have drawn everybody in the panels because of space.

They also never show Whirl (for example) leaving the Lost Light, we catch glimpses of his avatar, but never him. Not that I noticed at least.
Rewind did say (in #33) that the DJD used him to film the entire massacre and he says "When the finished killing the rest of the crew", so we can assume the entire crew died because Rewind stated it, though, you know, nothing is for certain.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:51 pm

ctrlFrequency wrote:
DarkEnergon wrote:
Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).



And for the second part of your question, though it is possible some of the crew is still alive because we didn't see bodies, Rewind did say that every one was killed, they may not have drawn everybody in the panels because of space.

They also never show Whirl (for example) leaving the Lost Light, we catch glimpses of his avatar, but never him. Not that I noticed at least.
Rewind did say (in #33) that the DJD used him to film the entire massacre and he says "When the finished killing the rest of the crew", so we can assume the entire crew died because Rewind stated it, though, you know, nothing is for certain.


I agree with you DarkEnergon, it's utterly pathetic that 5 Decepticons took out ALL OF THE LOST LIGHT. Like if all 5 were Overlord level then yeah, I could buy it, but none of them is stronger than Overlord.

So how is it that 20+ Autobots can't even scratch the DJD? Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Whirl, Trailcutter and Drift should all be able to make at least a dent/scratch on them. Maybe they lost their fighting spirit when Rodimus died? It doesn't make sense to me, I mean half the Autobots Transformed to be executed, something is amiss here.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Considering that everyone was scared of the DJD it's quite easy to believe. I mean they were after overlord, that says everything. The DJD are quite the bogeymen of this series. I really don't think there was anything more to this then we've seen.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:51 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Considering that everyone was scared of the DJD it's quite easy to believe. I mean they were after overlord, that says everything. The DJD are quite the bogeymen of this series. I really don't think there was anything more to this then we've seen.


Then by your logic the Wreckers should be pretty much overpowered as ****. But they weren't, and they still went after Overlord.

Think about it, you outnumber your enemy 5 to 1, you have some strong Autobots on board, from there the hatred of the DJD should play a part as well, leading the Autobots to slaughtering the DJD. They aren't Gundams, they can't diffuse beam weapons or any of that nonsense. I mean look at how Drift and Ratchet were killed, as if they were just sitting down letting the DJD impale them with Drift's swords.

The briefcase was empty, it could have contained a weapon that demoralizes everyone or causes them to be paralyzed. Transforming to be sacrificed is another red flag, why the hell weren't they with the others fighting the DJD? All those alt modes still outnumbered the DJD, are you really telling me their fear caused them to stand still and get killed? A couple scratches should have been left on them minimum. I mean you have Whirl and Cyclonus on board, those guys should have been able to kill a member of the DJD, let alone at least scratch them.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
We may never know (I'm guessing we will never know) how the DJD managed to kill everyone. Though there might be able to be something to be said about fear, organization, circumstances.

Everyone is afraid of the DJD, that might have some play. Less seasoned warriors might be too afraid.

The DJD is a well trained, well organized, efficient killing machine. I dout the Lost Light crew was organized.

We don't know what state they were in. The Lost Light we are familiar with began pulling apart and not being normal. Was the second one falling apart too?

And I have to correct my last post because I confused my characters. I mentioned about Whirl not being seen besides his avatar... Wrong Whirl. I was talking about Whirl on Lost Light 1 not Lost Light 2. So disregard what I said there. I was being utterly confused for no good reason.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I was going by the facts we've being given. The wreckers knew they were going on a suicide mission. Overlord was that much of a monster. You may not like it but the DJD wiped everyone out. Rewind never mentioned the crew being demoralised or paralysed.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:45 pm

ctrlFrequency wrote:We may never know (I'm guessing we will never know) how the DJD managed to kill everyone. Though there might be able to be something to be said about fear, organization, circumstances.

Everyone is afraid of the DJD, that might have some play. Less seasoned warriors might be too afraid.

The DJD is a well trained, well organized, efficient killing machine. I dout the Lost Light crew was organized.

We don't know what state they were in. The Lost Light we are familiar with began pulling apart and not being normal. Was the second one falling apart too?

And I have to correct my last post because I confused my characters. I mentioned about Whirl not being seen besides his avatar... Wrong Whirl. I was talking about Whirl on Lost Light 1 not Lost Light 2. So disregard what I said there. I was being utterly confused for no good reason.


I think more than anything the death of Rodimus took a toll on them. Rodimus wouldn't back down if the DJD came on board, he would challenge them. That courage would have lifted the spirits of everyone, making them believe they could defeat the DJD. Since Rodimus is dead, and different events happened to this Lost Light, it's hard to tell why they were so pathetic at fighting back.

What I'm really waiting for is the DJD and Megatron confrontation that will happen. It'll be interesting to see if they will try to kill him, join him(LOL 0% chance of that happening), or ignore him only to be attacked by him and the Lost Light crew.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Megs vs DJD, I think they would break down, their poisonous loyalty betraying them. They want to follow the decpticon cause but they also obey Megatron so that's going to cause a paradox.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
John Stamoist wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:We may never know (I'm guessing we will never know) how the DJD managed to kill everyone. Though there might be able to be something to be said about fear, organization, circumstances.

Everyone is afraid of the DJD, that might have some play. Less seasoned warriors might be too afraid.

The DJD is a well trained, well organized, efficient killing machine. I dout the Lost Light crew was organized.

We don't know what state they were in. The Lost Light we are familiar with began pulling apart and not being normal. Was the second one falling apart too?

And I have to correct my last post because I confused my characters. I mentioned about Whirl not being seen besides his avatar... Wrong Whirl. I was talking about Whirl on Lost Light 1 not Lost Light 2. So disregard what I said there. I was being utterly confused for no good reason.



I think more than anything the death of Rodimus took a toll on them. Rodimus wouldn't back down if the DJD came on board, he would challenge them. That courage would have lifted the spirits of everyone, making them believe they could defeat the DJD. Since Rodimus is dead, and different events happened to this Lost Light, it's hard to tell why they were so pathetic at fighting back.

What I'm really waiting for is the DJD and Megatron confrontation that will happen. It'll be interesting to see if they will try to kill him, join him(LOL 0% chance of that happening), or ignore him only to be attacked by him and the Lost Light crew.



One might think they may be leading up to that...

It would be very interesting to see. I'm of the mind they would just do away with Megs since their mission includes disposing of traitors, which by Ravage's words, it's easy to conclude the remaining Decpticons feel Megs turned traitor.

How that will come out... I won't even guess. So many possibilities (though I doubt they'll kill off Megs for good, at least)
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:10 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I was going by the facts we've being given. The wreckers knew they were going on a suicide mission. Overlord was that much of a monster. You may not like it but the DJD wiped everyone out. Rewind never mentioned the crew being demoralised or paralysed.


Exactly, it doesn't matter if I like it or not, but leaving a giant plot hole is what I don't like. I'm sure eventually they'll explain what happened, but I can't believe 5 Decepticons did that to all those Autobots without something else playing a factor. If the Decepticons had that kind of strength this whole time due to the DJD, then the war would have ended a long time ago.

They actually allude to it indirectly when Rewind retells the story of what happened. The DJD killed Overlord fist, then moved on to killing the Autobots because they were having so much fun. Rewind said something along those lines, not exact quote but the same message. So this means that the Autobots for some reason let the DJD go to the cell to kill Overlord, then started fighting when the DJD returned. So what happened that would make the Autobots let them go to Overlord instead of attacking them all out from the beginning? It could be their fear, hoping the DJD would leave after killing Overlord, some sort of device that rendered them motionless, or even a deal struck up that they thought the DJD would hold to.

ctrlFrequency wrote:

One might think they may be leading up to that...

It would be very interesting to see. I'm of the mind they would just do away with Megs since their mission includes disposing of traitors, which by Ravage's words, it's easy to conclude the remaining Decpticons feel Megs turned traitor.

How that will come out... I won't even guess. So many possibilities (though I doubt they'll kill off Megs for good, at least)


That's why I want to see this confrontation so bad, there could be any number of various reactions. It would be interesting if the DJD wants to kill Megatron except Tarn. I only say Tarn since he worships Megatron and named himself after the city of Tarn because of Megs. It's more than likely they will attack Megatron and the Autobots, but that could be why Brainstorm is in the past.......
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I took it that the DJD snuck on board to kill overlord. Remember orcams razor (I haven't got that name right at all, have I). Often the simplest solution is the right one. Here the simplest is that the DJD killed the whole crew including the double agent brainstorm. No extra factors have to be added. Also whirl isn't as tough as he pretends following the revelation that Megs made sure he wasn't killed to thank him for the next experience he gave Megs.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:07 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I took it that the DJD snuck on board to kill overlord. Remember orcams razor (I haven't got that name right at all, have I). Often the simplest solution is the right one. Here the simplest is that the DJD killed the whole crew including the double agent brainstorm. No extra factors have to be added. Also whirl isn't as tough as he pretends following the revelation that Megs made sure he wasn't killed to thank him for the next experience he gave Megs.


If you want to take it at face value that's fine, but the one thing More Than Meets The Eyes has proven is that you don't take everything at face value. BTW, Brainstorm hasn't been proven to be the spy yet, sure the evidence is stacked against him but this strategy has been used multiple times by various authors for misdirection.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Yeah but we're just looking at the massacre ;) but I do understand what your saying but I feel that the massacre was just a backdrop to the real point of learning about brainstorm...and Megatrons conversation with ravage.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
We're going to die from anticipation.

Though have we entertained the idea that the dead Brainstorm was a traitor but the live one isn't?

I was just pondering the what ifs of the opportunity to become a traitor presented itself only to the now dead Brainstorm.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:56 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Yeah but we're just looking at the massacre ;) but I do understand what your saying but I feel that the massacre was just a backdrop to the real point of learning about brainstorm...and Megatrons conversation with ravage.


Yeah you have a good point there. It's just rare you see so many main characters slaughtered on the floor without an exact description of what happened. All I know is the wait for the next issue is killing, I assume the rest of you feel the same way hahaha

ctrlFrequency wrote:We're going to die from anticipation.

Though have we entertained the idea that the dead Brainstorm was a traitor but the live one isn't?

I was just pondering the what ifs of the opportunity to become a traitor presented itself only to the now dead Brainstorm.


This was brought up in the comic. I think it was Nightbeat talking about our Brainstorm when Megatron said, "You do realize this means your brainstorm is also a traitor.". Actually it might have been Ravage but either way it was brought up.

I think you might be on to something though, maybe Brainstorm turned traitor because something that pissed him off happened at Lost Light 1.

Someone posted the picture of Brainstorm talking with Chromedome about not injecting himself after Rewind died. Forgot if it was in this thread or the previous issue's, but either way I still find it hard to believe someone who gave that speech being a traitor. I mean why would you bother consoling someone who is your enemy? Especially when it comes to someone as intelligent as Chromedome, you would rather have them suffering instead of being at their best. Might sound stupid but his speech touched me, it was actually pretty damn deep. If Brainstorm can say that speech and be a traitor then he must be one of the best actors in the Multiverse.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ctrlFrequency » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Motto: "Björnen tycker om vegetarian...?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
John Stamoist wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Yeah but we're just looking at the massacre ;) but I do understand what your saying but I feel that the massacre was just a backdrop to the real point of learning about brainstorm...and Megatrons conversation with ravage.


Yeah you have a good point there. It's just rare you see so many main characters slaughtered on the floor without an exact description of what happened. All I know is the wait for the next issue is killing, I assume the rest of you feel the same way hahaha

ctrlFrequency wrote:We're going to die from anticipation.

Though have we entertained the idea that the dead Brainstorm was a traitor but the live one isn't?

I was just pondering the what ifs of the opportunity to become a traitor presented itself only to the now dead Brainstorm.


This was brought up in the comic. I think it was Nightbeat talking about our Brainstorm when Megatron said, "You do realize this means your brainstorm is also a traitor.". Actually it might have been Ravage but either way it was brought up.

I think you might be on to something though, maybe Brainstorm turned traitor because something that pissed him off happened at Lost Light 1.

Someone posted the picture of Brainstorm talking with Chromedome about not injecting himself after Rewind died. Forgot if it was in this thread or the previous issue's, but either way I still find it hard to believe someone who gave that speech being a traitor. I mean why would you bother consoling someone who is your enemy? Especially when it comes to someone as intelligent as Chromedome, you would rather have them suffering instead of being at their best. Might sound stupid but his speech touched me, it was actually pretty damn deep. If Brainstorm can say that speech and be a traitor then he must be one of the best actors in the Multiverse.


I'd forgotten about Nightbeat mentioning it.

But yeah, Brainstorm never acted much like a traitor. He had close friendships. Like you say, hard to betray someone you care about.
Retired snarky mercenary, currently being a PITA to Burn.


Imagine a funny pic about a disgruntled TFEW player naming an alliance "F ctrl Frequence" here


HMW Team: Wired For Destruction[RDD DRK OPS], Infiltration and Assassin Stealth Team (and skilled in hiding behind Gore)

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... ?id=103944



Burn wrote:P.S.
**** you CF. :D
User avatar
ctrlFrequency
Godmaster
Posts: 1787
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45 pm
Location: Cleveland
Watch ctrlFrequency on YouTube
Alt Mode: EA-18 Growler

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Gekas » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:44 pm

ctrlFrequency wrote:
John Stamoist wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Yeah but we're just looking at the massacre ;) but I do understand what your saying but I feel that the massacre was just a backdrop to the real point of learning about brainstorm...and Megatrons conversation with ravage.


Yeah you have a good point there. It's just rare you see so many main characters slaughtered on the floor without an exact description of what happened. All I know is the wait for the next issue is killing, I assume the rest of you feel the same way hahaha

ctrlFrequency wrote:We're going to die from anticipation.

Though have we entertained the idea that the dead Brainstorm was a traitor but the live one isn't?

I was just pondering the what ifs of the opportunity to become a traitor presented itself only to the now dead Brainstorm.


This was brought up in the comic. I think it was Nightbeat talking about our Brainstorm when Megatron said, "You do realize this means your brainstorm is also a traitor.". Actually it might have been Ravage but either way it was brought up.

I think you might be on to something though, maybe Brainstorm turned traitor because something that pissed him off happened at Lost Light 1.

Someone posted the picture of Brainstorm talking with Chromedome about not injecting himself after Rewind died. Forgot if it was in this thread or the previous issue's, but either way I still find it hard to believe someone who gave that speech being a traitor. I mean why would you bother consoling someone who is your enemy? Especially when it comes to someone as intelligent as Chromedome, you would rather have them suffering instead of being at their best. Might sound stupid but his speech touched me, it was actually pretty damn deep. If Brainstorm can say that speech and be a traitor then he must be one of the best actors in the Multiverse.


I'd forgotten about Nightbeat mentioning it.

But yeah, Brainstorm never acted much like a traitor. He had close friendships. Like you say, hard to betray someone you care about.


Yup, based off that conversation I could tell Brainstorm really cared about and valued Chromedome as a good friend.

Like sure if he injected himself, Chromedome wouldn't feel any sorrow, but overcoming that sorrow makes you stronger. So I highly doubt Brainstorm said it to make sure Chromedome remembers Rewind and becomes depressed, considering his speech led him out of the depression.
User avatar
Gekas
Micromaster
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby Flashwave » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:11 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
You're forgetting the element of Surprise, and the field of battle.

1) Five Decepticons appear out of nowwhere and force their way onboard. I doubt they "snuck" this is the DJD after all, but obviously they got on somehow.
2) These 5 cons or at a minimum Tarn, were trained by Megs personally. So it's safe to say that they are well versed in combat particularly in a guerilla offense, which works very well when numbers are against you and you are in tight spaces. (That's how the Americans got the RedCoats in the Rev War, chocke them in a narrow road and shoot. Tarn in a hallway is the same thing.)
3)Sure, there's 290 Autobots on the ship, and we don't know who they are, but we know of several. Magnus is a good fighter, Whirl's an Ex-Wrecker, Cyclonus, but then you have ROdimus, who fights well but does so from a distance or on small scale. Red Alert? Doubt he's much of a warrior. Tailgate? HAH! Swerve? Rung? Skids? Sure, he's covered in guns, but he's a sniper, a specialist, not a tank. I am wondering how they got around Trailcutter's forcefield, but that's not a big deal. My point is, the majority of this Lost Light crew are NOT Wreckers material that we've been shown. Quality, not quantity, and there's an actual, real chance that the DJD managed to rip through a ship full of Autobots like confetti.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3318
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
What if brainstorm was a sleeper agent? And it was Megatrons arrival or a similar situation.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10783
News Credits: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Jada TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:24 With Collectible 100%..." on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:32" on EBAY
Buy "Jada The Transformers Hollywood Rides Autobot Optimus Prime 1:24" on EBAY
Buy "2018 TRANSFORMERS HOLLYWOOD RIDES  (OPTIMUS PRIME)  METALS DIE CAST JADA 5700 XE" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY