This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon 2015 held in St. Charles/Chicago, Illinois June 18th – June 21st

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: Botcon 2015 held in St. Charles/Chicago, Illinois June 18th – June 21st

Postby It Is Him » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:24 am

Surely you can find another kind Seibertronian to smuggle you on board a plane in a suitcase, though I hear it gets a bit nippy down in luggage.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 am

Motto: "It is a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver."
Weapon: Electronic Pulse Stingers
Nothing a parka can't fix!
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner
News Credits: 5
Buy from MartianSpyGirl1996 on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:50 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Anyone flying from the UK..?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:13 pm

I have a few friends who are
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby fairplaythings » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
Wheeljack808 wrote:Is Botcon in the same place every year? And how hard is it to get tickets to Botcon? Is it like with San Diego Comic Con where you need to buy like 3 years in advance? I live in Canada so it would probably be a decent sized road trip to a plane trip for me but I've always wanted to attend a Botcon.

You inadvertantly made me spew coffee through my nose.

No you don't have to buy tickets three years in advance. In fact, given the problems the club has with registration, it's more like three minutes in advance. Of course the lines would be long so you'd be looking at the Tuesday after the Con. But you'd be there!

(Seriously, how can one not make these jokes. Less than a month before the Con is really kind of ridiculous...)

Kidding aside, it depends where you are in Canada (hello, neighbour!) I'm flying down from Ottawa myself but it would be about 10 hours to Chicago. Obviously Los Angeles (Botcon 2014) was a greater distance but the airfare was only CDN$600. So it depends on your proximity to a major airport.

And you should just go. Don't think about it. If you do the thinking with your head and the math it will never make sense. If you go with your heart, it all comes together. Provided registration opens in time...

Best
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Botcon 2015: More Non-Attending Packages; Frank Welker Passes Opened For Mini-Con/Protoform Packages

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Here is a new update for BotCon registrations and some Frank Welker news for those looking at Protoform or Mini-con packages. There are now more non-attending packages available thanks to some shuffling as well as additional loose sets.

Frank Welker VIP passes for Friday are being open to Protoform and Mini-Con packages too. Registration closes this Friday at 5 pm central time.

BotCon wrote:Hello Everyone!

We have shuffled around the inventory for attending and non-attending packages. There is now more stock for non-attending (Iacon) packages and additional loose sets.

We also have a few Frank Welker VIP passes available for Friday and we are opening these passes to Mini-Con and Protoform packages as well. If you want to add this to your registration, you will need to call the office at 817-448-9863 between now and noon Friday. These are on a first come, first served basis.

If you have not registered, these are still available through the online system for Golden Ticket and Primus packages. Primus and Golden Ticket packages can also have the Frank Welker VIP pass added to your existing registration by calling.

If you still need to do your initial registration, please use the link at BotCon.com and do it from a computer not running IE. We have seen issues with mobile registrations and IE browsers. If you need to add something to your registration, you will need to contact the office.

Registration closes on Friday at 5 pm Central Time.

See you in St. Charles!

Brian
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Looks like they are underperforming this year... prepare for CA next year, then
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby Tranzilla » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:34 am

Or Orlando. It did well also.
Tranzilla
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby fairplaythings » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:47 am

Motto: "For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes, hoping that he will have the courage to answer."
Weapon: Slingshot
I think three factors are at play.

First, the registration fiasco must be playing havok with their numbers. Going live less than a month to go before the event doesn't give you anytime to mull over attending, and represents an immediate financial hit so very close to the event itself. And there are still a lot of people who book the event before making other arrangement, given that there is at least one GIJoe convention in the past which had to change dates very last minute. Who wants to be stuck holding the bill for a flight that is no longer the right date?

Second, the price is probably giving some people sticker shock. $409 (plus $7 "processing" charge) is a lot to swallow. I'm sure it is impacting Canadians whose dollar is no longer at par - for us, the Primus package is more than CDN$500. And the non-figure alterative is close to $200 on its own.

Third, the location is giving people grief. Shuttle service to the resort seems to be particularly awkward and it's not like there are any hotel rooms left to be had anyway. Because of the resort's isolation, folks are looking at a longish commute from alternate accomodations, driving up costs and making logistics harder.

Let me put it like this. You're a fan. You've been waiting for months for this Con. You were initially excited about Chicago but the excitement waned a bit when you realized how far from Chicago it was. Your enthusiasm perked again when you saw two words - FRANK WELKER - and increased as you saw at least one or two reveals that really wowed you. But then you saw the price for Welker and looked underwhelming at some of the other offerings, and went back to being on the fence. Hotel rooms are booked solid but maybe you have an option to bunk with 2 or 3 or 4 other fans, so you are just waiting on registration. And waiting. And, oh my god it is up and you are excited... and then it crashes... and does so again... and again...

And maybe you just shrug your shoulders after that rollercoaster and figure you'll go to TFCon who's registration for a Fall event is already up and ready to go.
fairplaythings
Micromaster
Buy from fairplaythings on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tranzilla wrote:Or Orlando. It did well also.
Oh, YES please? Bring it back to Orlando! The have a TF Ride now at Universal Studios, so there's that to attract to the BotCon goers.

The east coast is too often ignored by BotCon in recent years.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:56 am

fairplaythings wrote:And maybe you just shrug your shoulders after that rollercoaster and figure you'll go to TFCon who's registration for a Fall event is already up and ready to go.

Several of my friends have followed this scenario right here to the tee, seriously.
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Tranzilla wrote:Or Orlando. It did well also.
Oh, YES please? Bring it back to Orlando! The have a TF Ride now at Universal Studios, so there's that to attract to the BotCon goers.

The east coast is to often ignored by BotCon in recent years.

And the entire Mid-West
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
The Cybertron's Most Wanted set if for preorder at TFsourse.
http://tfsource.com/botcon2015/boxed-set/
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

BotCon 2015 Registration Reminder, Artist Alley and More

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:58 pm

With one day left to register for BotCon 2015, we want to make sure that all interested parties are fully aware of what awaits at the St Charles event this July! We have rounded up some further pieces from official BotCon information that may have slipped the net below, plus a small showcase of the Artist Alley present at the convention. Once you've feasted you eyes, head here to register!

Also, for those attending as General Admission, we are happy to announce that the first 100 kids (12 and under) will receive a FREE deluxe Transformers toy with their paid admission.

For those planning on attending as a registered attendee, please note that registration ends this Friday. So if you have not signed up for an attending package make sure to do that today!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby HammerOfThor » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Va'al wrote:With one day left to register for BotCon 2015, we want to make sure that all interested parties are fully aware of what awaits at the St Charles event this July! We have rounded up some further pieces from official BotCon information that may have slipped the net below, plus a small showcase of the Artist Alley present at the convention. Once you've feasted you eyes, head here to register!

July?! Was there a delay?
HammerOfThor
Mini-Con
Buy from HammerOfThor on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:45 am

I love that this guy's first post is to ask about a typo. Welcome to Seibertron! Botcon is still in June. :D
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

BotCon 2015 Saturday Evening Details and Registration Reminder

Postby Va'al » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:07 am

Fellow Seibertronian and podcaster xRotorstormx has been keeping her optics on BotCon 2015 updates - and has notified us the Facebook update from BotCon HQ, concerning the Saturday evening festivities, which are now to include the Hall of Fame announcements along with the Awards Dinner and Auction. Read on below for more, and head here to register until 5pm Central today!

Also included below is an email from the organisers, concerning the Welker and Non-Attending packages, attempting to smooth out some further wrinkles in the online system.

We are excited to announce that at the BotCon 2015 Saturday Night Awards Dinner and Auction, the Transformers 2015 Hall of Fame induction ceremony will also be included in the nights festivities. Fans at BotCon will be first to see which character, combiner and musical act will be added to the Transformers Hall of Fame. And as a VERY special treat, Hasbro will also be inducting a human to the Hall of Fame for 2015. This legendary actor has been part of the Transformers brand since the very start. You will NOT want to miss this event! To register for BotCon 2015, please be sure to do that here: http://www.botcon.com/BotCon2015/bc15register.cfm

Today is the last day for BotCon registration for ATTENDING packages.

Registration closes at 5 pm Central Time.

If you need an ATTENDING package and you are still getting non-member pricing (limited number of accounts), go ahead and process your package and send us an email so we know to process a credit. The credits won't be processed until next week.

Some of our NON-ATTENDING members are also having an issue getting the member pricing. For you, after we close ATTENDING registration today, we will move the NON-ATTENDING packages to the club store. If you are getting non-member pricing and need a NON-ATTENDING package, check the Club store tomorrow and you can order the NON-ATTENDING sets there.

PLEASE note that the store has no way to limit the loose sets to a 1:1 (must purchase box set to get loose set), but every order will be reviewed by admin for compliance.

All remaining T-shirts, assembled unpainted class figures and hats will go to the show. If there are any left, we will put them in the store after BotCon.

Thank you for all of your support and patience as we have worked through these issues.

See you in St. Charles!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:19 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
GEE, I wonder WHO the human inductee could be?!!

You know, I bet it's Michael Bell. A surprise, unannounced appearance from Michael Bell. That's why they got him to voice High Tide in Rescue Bots, so that he could make a comeback to the brand just in time to receive this honor. It all makes sense now.

Mmhmm, it's totally Michael Bell. I can't think of anyone else who'd possibly receive such an honor at the event. I wonder if Frank Welker would get to shake Bell's hand as he heads up to the stage.

In fact, Welker should host the event. They should totally have Frank Welker host the Hall of Fame event, just so he can personally hand Michael Bell the Hall of Fame trophy once Bell makes his surprise, unannounced appearance and comes up onto stage to give his victory speech. Wouldn't that be a sight to behold.

I mean, why else would they go to such trouble to get Frank Welker to come to this year's BotCon? Surely it's so that Frank Welker could host the Hall of Fame event and present the secretly-invited Michael Bell with a Hall of Fame trophy. It will truly be a moment of beauty and emotion.

*smacks chest* Gets me right here just thinking of it. *wipes tear from his eye*

:P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

BotCon 2015 Hotel Pheasant Run Resort Adds Limited Number of Room Nights

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If you are still in need of a room for BotCon this year, you might still have some luck. BotCon tweeted that the convention hotel which is the Pheasant Run Resort has added a limited number of room nights. Hurry up to book your room and remember that registration ends today at 5 pm Central time.

Transformers: BotCon ‏@BotCon 1h1 hour ago

Still need a room? Pheasant Run has just opened up a limited number of room nights. Book now! #botCon2015 http://www.botcon.com/BotCon2015/bc15hotel.cfm
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 pm

AKA: People are canceling their reservations ;)
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby reluttr » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:47 am

MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:AKA: People are canceling their reservations ;)

I don't blame them. The yelp reviews are pretty bad. XD
reluttr
Mini-Con

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:50 am

reluttr wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:AKA: People are canceling their reservations ;)

I don't blame them. The yelp reviews are pretty bad. XD

Not surprising after the sh*thole they put us in in 2013 [-(
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby Pete@BotCon » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:18 am

Actually. No. We were able to release a few rooms we had for staff and licensing partners as we don't always need as many as we put aside.
Pete@BotCon
Micromaster
News Credits: 17

Postby MartianSpyGirl1996 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Pete@BotCon wrote:Actually. No. We were able to release a few rooms we had for staff and licensing partners as we don't always need as many as we put aside.

People are also canceling their reservations, so actually yes.
MartianSpyGirl1996
Combiner

Postby Genericon #378 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Pete@BotCon wrote:Actually. No. We were able to release a few rooms we had for staff and licensing partners as we don't always need as many as we put aside.

Pete, do you know when we could see the rest of the exclusives?
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #72 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM314 72C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #8 Cvr A Boom Comics 2022 MAY220321 8A (CA) Albuquerque"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #1 Cvr B Boom Comics 2021 AUG210933 1B (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #34 Cvr E Image Comics 2022 JAN220320 34E (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #72 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM312 72A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #82 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM328 82A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #65 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 APR230317 65C (CA) Hans (W) Kirkman"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #43 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220290 43B (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #52 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT220247 52C (CA) Lotay"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210644 9C (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210646 9E (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr N FOC TMNT Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228339 8N"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM354 81A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #5 Cvr M LTD Dynamite Comics 2021 JUL210987 5M (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON