This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 am

Robogeek1973 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Robogeek1973 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Thought it seemed only fitting to pull this image over here to toy town.
To the future!

And this is exactly why Combiners always look too small to me.

In the media they're just too damn big. :lol:
Ya. Shouldn't Windblade be the size of his arm?

Yes....yes she should.

I think that's essentially the point of combiners - getting five or six Transformers to pile on top of eachother to form one big guy is of dubious value, when you consider guys like Magnus and Max are already about the size of five smaller guys, and even if that weren't the case, how much value would there be in having a fire team of US Marines merge into one guy with the combined mass of say, your average cow? But I think the point of combiners is that they mass shift, in the opposite direction of what Transformers are usually able to achieve. Five or six of your standard warriors don't just combine, they mass-shift into something the size of a kaiju. That's kind of useful.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
mooncake623 wrote:Hot on the heels of the New Takara Tomy Superion reveal with Slingshot we get new Toys R Us computer listings for Generations Slingshot and Wildrider from Icespark @ TFW2005!

Went digging,
found this.

From TRU

Item: 316077
TRA DEN DLX WILDRIDER
Original Retail: $16.99

Item: 316069
TRA DEN DLX slingshot
Original Retail: $16.99
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4490
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby steve2275 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
wheres the western washington love?
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Pretty cool. Actually convinced now that there are just going to be a ton of possible crazy out there combiners along with the classic characters and that's pretty spiffy in my book. Just hope to see some of the new Voyager molds soon!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:15 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
I call bullsh*t on this. Doesn't make sense at all.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
shockblast2 wrote:I call bullsh*t on this. Doesn't make sense at all.

How? It makes sense considering TakaraTomy's take on Combiner Wars has Slingshot instead of Alpha Bravo, albeit as a retool of Firefly.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

There will be a truckload of alpha bravos waiting for you and the other five CHUG collectors who dont like GEEWUN accuracy. ;)
Rated X
Banned
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:59 am

Rated X wrote:

There will be a truckload of alpha bravos waiting for you and the other five CHUG collectors who dont like GEEWUN accuracy. ;)

What the hell is CHUG? Are you referring to that stupid, inapplicable designation created a few years back? The current Generations figures are not the same as the universe, classics, or the first year of generations. Live in the now! Geewun ended 30 friggin years ago!! :BANG_HEAD:

I call bullsh*t because it is a cut and paste of some text that anyone could have randomly typed up. Why create two new molds when you could just repaint two and release them? Doesn't make sense.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 am

shockblast2 wrote:I call bullsh*t because it is a cut and paste of some text that anyone could have randomly typed up. Why create two new molds when you could just repaint two and release them? Doesn't make sense.

Again, read my post and check the link.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

How? It makes sense considering TakaraTomy's take on Combiner Wars has Slingshot instead of Alpha Bravo, albeit as a retool of Firefly.

Because that is Takara. They always go for geewun accuracy in their figures and they always have figures that they get there that we do not see here. Just because someone either cuts and pasts text or just flat out typed the crap up themselves does not mean you should accept all rumors as gospel.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:03 am

shockblast2 wrote:
Rated X wrote:

What the hell is CHUG? Are you referring to that stupid, inapplicable designation created a few years back? The current Generations figures are not the same as the universe, classics, or the first year of generations. Live in the now! Geewun ended 30 friggin years ago!! :BANG_HEAD:

I call bullsh*t because it is a cut and paste of some text that anyone could have randomly typed up. Why create two new molds when you could just repaint two and release them? Doesn't make sense.

Well Takara is doing them so that means Hasbro has even more retools that they could sell, why wouldnt they?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:06 am

What really concerns me as well with this line in general is that I just noticed that Hasbro has lied about their price point for deluxes this year. They said $16, now it is $17. That is INSANE. Just five years ago it was $9.

This is a 12% price increase ALONE just in a year, 20% for voyagers!!!

At this rate, by 2018 people will be paying $21.99 for a DELUXE.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 am

shockblast2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Because that is Takara. They always go for geewun accuracy in their figures and they always have figures that they get there that we do not see here. Just because someone either cuts and pasts text or just flat out typed the crap up themselves does not mean you should accept all rumors as gospel.

It totally could be a fake, but who said anything about new molds? Even if slingshot (us) is just a straight redeco of Firefly, and as far as we know, Wildrider could be the same of Breakdown, it's not unheard of for repaints to be store exclusives. But it also could be bulls**t
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:07 am

william-james88 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Well Takara is doing them so that means Hasbro has even more retools that they could sell, why wouldnt they?

They do not do that historically. Did we see Senator Rat Bat? Prime Ironhide? AOE Stinger? DOTM Soundwave? RTS Rumble & Frenzy? Scores of others. Again, doesn't make sense.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am

Desslok2201 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

It totally could be a fake, but who said anything about new molds? Even if slingshot (us) is just a straight redeco of Firefly, and as far as we know, Wildrider could be the same of Breakdown, it's not unheard of for repaints to be store exclusives. But it also could be bulls**t

You mistook my point. What I said was why would Hasbro make the AB and Off-road molds if they were just going to make Wildrider and Slingshot out of already existing molds? That would be financial stupidity.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:10 am

I like to think of it as: TakaraTomy releases what Hasbro releases, plus extras, but Hasbro will want to try to release whatever extras TakaraTomy churns out as exclusives. :lol:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:10 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
shockblast2 wrote:What the hell is CHUG? Are you referring to that stupid, inapplicable designation created a few years back? The current Generations figures are not the same as the universe, classics, or the first year of generations. Live in the now! Geewun ended 30 friggin years ago!! :BANG_HEAD:

OMG, we found the Bizarro duragrip.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:14 am

shockblast2 wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

You mistook my point. What I said was why would Hasbro make the AB and Off-road molds if they were just going to make Wildrider and Slingshot out of already existing molds? That would be financial stupidity.

Not really. I'm sure AB is at least going to be Blades, if not also Vortex, and I wouldn't be surprised if Off-Road is First Aid, given how they've made Ratchet a Hummer in the movies, so off road Autobot medics are already on the table. He'll probably be Swindle as well
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
shockblast2 wrote:What the hell is CHUG? Are you referring to that stupid, inapplicable designation created a few years back? The current Generations figures are not the same as the universe, classics, or the first year of generations. Live in the now! Geewun ended 30 friggin years ago!! :BANG_HEAD:
Then why are 90% of the characters, their names, and appearence, the same as 30 years ago?
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Desslok2201 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

Cobotron wrote:
Then why are 90% of the characters, their names, and appearence, the same as 30 years ago?

Because G1 was, is and will continue to be awesome. I don't see too many efforts to redo Kicker Jones
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:32 am

Cobotron wrote:

What? The Masterpiece line? Never heard of it.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:36 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
So I just randomly checked TRU today, and discovered a few things.
The Generations AOE figures are available, which is weird because back then it was said they were US exclusive.

Also, the new RID figures are out as well as the entire first wave of Combiner Wars. Completely insane if you ask me, we've never had a line come out so close to US release over here.

Prices have also increased; Deluxes are now 23 euros, Legends 13, and Voyagers 33. For a comparison, last year's Generations and DOTM figures (which are still there) cost 20 for a Deluxe, 30 for a Voyager. So yeah really interested in what justifies this these extra 3 euros.
And damn, these guys look so good in person, way better than pictures show them. I was tempted to get something, but resisted (not paying what MP BB cost me for a Voyager).

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

Dead Metal wrote:So I just randomly checked TRU today, and discovered a few things.
The Generations AOE figures are available, which is weird because back then it was said they were US exclusive.

AoE Generations had a weird distribution in Europe. They were exclusive to Toy 'R Us, Argos and Rossmann in the UK and Germany, while they were general retail in the Netherlands, at the cost of getting only Wave 1. Plus, some stores still got US exclusives, usually the ones analogous to Target like Tesco, Real and Galeria Kaufhof, and to Walmart like ASDA and Müller.

Also, the new RID figures are out as well as the entire first wave of Combiner Wars. Completely insane if you ask me, we've never had a line come out so close to US release over here.

Really? Well, I'm expecting the RiD ones to appear here, but regular Generations? No.

Prices have also increased; Deluxes are now 23 euros, Legends 13, and Voyagers 33. For a comparison, last year's Generations and DOTM figures (which are still there) cost 20 for a Deluxe, 30 for a Voyager. So yeah really interested in what justifies this these extra 3 euros.

Here the prices of AoE Deluxes have gone down from €28 to €18. Voyagers are still €45 and Leaders a whopping €70! No wonder they're not moving :lol:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 am

Anyone notice that Slingshot is kinda... Leader One with a big ole gold head?

:-?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:27 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:So I just randomly checked TRU today, and discovered a few things.

AoE Generations had a weird distribution in Europe. They were exclusive to Toy 'R Us, Argos and Rossmann in the UK and Germany, while they were general retail in the Netherlands, at the cost of getting only Wave 1. Plus, some stores still got US exclusives, usually the ones analogous to Target like Tesco, Real and Galeria Kaufhof, and to Walmart like ASDA and Müller.

None of my local Müllers, Reals or Galeria Kaufhofs got any of them though, I kept checking them. Last time I went to TRU they also didn't have any of the DOTM Generations out, and that was two weeks ago!
So I was super surprised to see all that stuff along with the idw Generations wave 1 stuff they've had forever now.

Really? Well, I'm expecting the RiD ones to appear here, but regular Generations? No.

Yup really, they look pretty good actually, especially Strongarm and that gray wolf one. If I was still in the market for non MP figures I would have grabed Strongarm.
Importing the normal Generations will be cheaper anyway.

Here the prices of AoE Deluxes have gone down from €28 to €18. Voyagers are still €45 and Leaders a whopping €70! No wonder they're not moving :lol:

Lol, the f**k is Hasbro Europe smoking anyway? They jack up the prices so high, do zero advertising, never release anything past wave 1 and expect people to still be interested in the toys?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #7 var classic homage Marvel Comics 2023 OCT221085 (CA) Cho"
DAREDEVIL #7 var c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #8 Planet Apes Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220944 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dodson"
DAREDEVIL #8 Plane ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #5 var 1:10 design Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221030 (CA) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #5 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #9 var universe Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220947 (CA) Momoko (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #9 var un ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230922 (CA) Dekal (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #15 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #14 var Marvel Comics 2023 JUN231044 (W/CA) Zdarsky (A) Checchetto"
DAREDEVIL #14 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Moon Knight BLACK WHITE BLOOD #2 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAY228331"
Moon Knight BLACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210821 (CA) Baldari"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #2 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAR228730 (W) Percy (A/CA) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #2 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230683 (CA) Clarke (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #2 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230840 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #14 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #11 var Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221059 (CA) Liefeld (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BASE #1 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220998 (CA) Rodriguez"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #5 Marvel Comics 2020 DEC190911 (W) Brisson (A) Frigeri (CA) Kuder"
GHOST RIDER #5 Mar ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON