This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:08 am

People have suggested that Motormaster's grey deco may be to tie him in with AOE's Galvatron, which I can believe.

But the more I look at the toy, I also wonder if it was because while the original MM had a black truck cab, the whole toy is primarily grey since it's mostly the trailer. They may have felt making the truck all black might have made the the homage weaker, not stronger, especially since Motormaster has to compete with Nemesis Prime now in the black truck department.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RiddlerJ wrote:People have suggested that Motormaster's grey deco may be to tie him in with AOE's Galvatron, which I can believe.

But the more I look at the toy, I also wonder if it was because while the original MM had a black truck cab, the whole toy is primarily grey since it's mostly the trailer. They may have felt making the truck all black might have made the the homage weaker, not stronger, especially since Motormaster has to compete with Nemesis Prime now in the black truck department.
Well, in the cartoon, Motormaster's robot mode body was primarily black like his truck cab.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 am

Yeah, but the new toy robot mode looks reasonably accurate. It's the truck cab mode that looked wrong. Though less so, the more I look at it and do see Motormaster. At least in spirit, if that makes sense.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby MrBlack » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Not that it comes as a surprise, but Leader Ultra Magnus now has official confirmation.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Product Descriptions and Images

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:44 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Hungry for some Transformers Generations news from Toy Fair New York 2015? The Hasbro press room has released several docuemnts showing off their new products for 2015, and Generations Combiner Wars is going to be big! Read on below for more information on Protectobots, Cyclonus, Ultra Magnus and Devastator!

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS – 2015 PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS

Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS line of action figures features characters and expressions from throughout the more than 30 years of the Transformers brand. In 2015 the GENERATIONS line unites under one big story – COMBINER WARS!
Courage is Stronger Combined! In the COMBINER WARS, giant super robots, formed by teams of AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS, battle for the fate of the universe. The evil DECEPTICON STARSCREAM plans to use these giant robots as weapons to lay waste to entire planets, conquering worlds with the might of the powerful but unstable DECEPTICON Combiner: MENASOR. The AUTOBOTS rally their own Combiners to stop them. With the freedom of the universe pushed to the brink, OPTIMUS PRIME must master the power of Combination to defeat the DECEPTICONS!
Fans of all ages can play out this story with key action figure scales with in the line. DELUXE, VOYAGER, and select LEGENDS scale figures can be combined together to create larger scale Combiner robot figures!

The 2015 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS line from Hasbro features the following products:

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEGENDS Assortment(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Spring 2015)

Courage is Stronger When Combined! TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEGENDS assortment includes fan favorite TRANSFORMERS characters, re-imagined for the present day. Featuring the simplest conversion in the TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS line, these figures are also the perfect introduction for kids ready to move up to the more sophisticated world of TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS. They're also detailed enough to appeal to the collector. Figure converts in 7 or more steps. Select figures within the assortment can convert into a weapon or accessory for a TRANSFORMERS COMBINER figure (sold separately) and each includes a Collector Card. Figures in 2015 include HUFFER and DECEPTICON BLACKJACK. Each sold separately.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE Assortment(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $16.99/Available: Spring 2015)

Courage is Stronger When Combined! Each TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE figure can be combined with three other DELUXE figures to form the limbs and one VOYAGER figure as the body (each sold separately) to form a gigantic TRANSFORMERS COMBINER robot. Each Deluxe figure is based on a classic TRANSFORMERS character and converts from vehicle to robot form, and has a third mode as a limb of a larger COMBINER robot. Fans can create a large-scale COMBINER figure such as SUPERION or MENASOR and they can also mix and match the limbs to build their own COMBINER figure! Use LEGENDS scale figures to add weapons and accessories! Figure converts in 9 or more steps. Each figure features incredible detail and classic conversion for a premium look and feel. 16 figures will be available in 2015 including PROTECTOBOT STREETWISE, PROTECTOBOT BLADES, Protectobot First Aid, and Protectobot Rook. Each sold separately. Each Deluxe figure includes a full-size, full-length issue of IDW Publishing’s TRANSFORMERS: COMBINER WARS comic book series or a collector card.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VOYAGER Assortment(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: Spring 2015)

Courage is Stronger When Combined! Each TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VOYAGER figure converts from robot to vehicle and also in its body mode can be combined with four DELUXE figures, the arms and legs, (each sold separately) to form a gigantic TRANSFORMERS COMBINER robot. Fans can create a large-scale COMBINER figure such as SUPERION or MENASOR and they can also mix and match the limbs to build their own COMBINER figure! Use LEGENDS scale figures to add weapons and accessories! Characters include PROTECTOBOT HOT SPOT, CYCLONUS and more. Figure converts in 10 or more steps. Each VOYAGER scale figure is based on a classic TRANSFORMERS character and includes a Collector Card. Each sold separately.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER Assortment(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $44.99/Available: Spring 2015)

Courage is Stronger When Combined! The TRANSFORMERS Generations Leader class figures include the most powerful and legendary characters rendered in incredible detail and with impressive conversions. Each large, feature-packed LEADER scale action figure is based on a classic TRANSFORMERS character, like ULTRA MAGNUS, and features a firing projectile, massive weaponry and working vehicle features. Figure converts in 15 or more steps. Each figure is sold separately and includes a Collector Card.

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR(Ages 8 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $149.99/Available: Fall 2015)

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS figures form some of the largest TRANSFORMERS robots ever seen, and this one tops them all. This mega-pack unites all six of the CONSTRUCTICONS in one place. Each figure is rendered in incredible detail and features impressive conversion from robot to construction vehicle and back. But that's just the beginning — the six Voyager Scale figures combine to form the ultimate DECEPTICON weapon: the mighty CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR, the largest TRANSFORMERS COMBINER robot figure!

# # #

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Samsonator » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:55 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
A confirmed Leader Class Ultra Magnus? Hmm... I wonder if the time is coming to retire City Commander...
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Product Descriptions and Images

Postby megatronus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:59 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Va'al wrote:

=P~
Last edited by megatronus on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Meantoy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:00 am

Motto: "Crushing the competition like a con on a mission."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
So Mixmasters cab is not the foot, nice i knew somethin didnt look right on those small pics. Still not worth the price point, $50-$60 mabey. :CON:
Meantoy
Mini-Con

Postby megatronus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:01 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Meantoy wrote:So Mixmasters cab is not the foot, nice i knew somethin didnt look right on those small pics. Still not worth the price point, $50-$60 mabey. :CON:

$50-$60 for 6 voyagers? :roll:
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Optimizzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
I think $150 is well worth 6 voyagers.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:10 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Meantoy wrote:So Mixmasters cab is not the foot, nice i knew somethin didnt look right on those small pics. Still not worth the price point, $50-$60 mabey. :CON:

The foot is still sculpted to look like a cab, just not painted.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:10 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:People have suggested that Motormaster's grey deco may be to tie him in with AOE's Galvatron, which I can believe.

Well, in the cartoon, Motormaster's robot mode body was primarily black like his truck cab.

Once again, Hasbro has gone with a deco that homages more closely the original toy than the G1 cartoon model. The layout of grey and black matches up to the G1 toy to a T. The only real deco difference is the purple accents all over the CW version, as opposed to the multicolored stickers found on the original.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby steve2275 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:11 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Optimizzy wrote:I think $150 is well worth 6 voyagers.

when they look like that yeah
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:12 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Leader Class Ultra Magnus confirmed. Great! Now, we need some pictures.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:18 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I dont get it. It looks like his cab is the foot. Why wouldnt it be? Where is his real cab?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:26 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I dont get it. It looks like his cab is the foot. Why wouldnt it be? Where is his real cab?

Would you believe in the back? The wheel configuration as shown is actually reversed from the norm: 2 sets in the "front" and 1 set in the "back". Compare it with G1 and RotF G1 Mixmaster:

I think the faux cab folds into the chassis and the top swings around.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Gearslide » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 am

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
...Is it possible that Mixmaster has a major pivot point in the middle of vehicle mode? Like the Top and front of the cabin and the barrel all lift up then spin 180 when going from vehicle to foot? Because the back of the mixer where the exit bucket is sitting seems to be in the middle of what looks like a hollowed out cabin, and the wheels seem to be inverted.

Otherwise there's a lot of fake molding that doesn't look like it has a lot of places to go.
Gearslide
Combiner
Courage: 4

Postby MrBlack » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:58 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Would you believe in the back? The wheel configuration as shown is actually reversed from the norm: 2 sets in the "front" and 1 set in the "back". Compare it with G1 and RotF G1 Mixmaster:

I think the faux cab folds into the chassis and the top swings around.

I think you're partially right. There does appear to be a door and window above the single wheel on Mixmaster, and it looks like the top does pivot around. However, the foot still appears to be part of the front cab. From vehicle mode, it looks like part of the cab folds out to form the foot and pivots around, leaving just the doors to plug into Devastator's leg.

Sorry if I'm not describing this well.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 pm

MrBlack wrote:I think you're partially right. There does appear to be a door and window above the single wheel on Mixmaster, and it looks like the top does pivot around. However, the foot still appears to be part of the front cab. From vehicle mode, it looks like part of the cab folds out to form the foot and pivots around, leaving just the doors to plug into Devastator's leg.

Sorry if I'm not describing this well.

I agree, it looks too much like a cab not to be. I think the figure pivots quite a bit to make this happen. At least, I find it more likely than having a bunch of fake kibble front and back.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
it woundnt hurt my feelings at all if that thundercracker was also repainted into skywarp and starsceam!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Gearslide » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Motto: "Go with the flow"
Weapon: No Weapon
So based on this new picture, I'm pretty sure Mixmaster's vehicle to leg transformation goes something like this:

(Sorry about the overall-ness of the pic. My big computer with Photoshop still needs some fixing, so this is the best I could do with a Laptop and MS Paint.)
Gearslide
Combiner
Courage: 4

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Gearslide wrote:
(Sorry about the overall-ness of the pic. My big computer with Photoshop still needs some fixing, so this is the best I could do with a Laptop and MS Paint.)

I thought it was pretty awesome. reminded me of safety instructions on a plane. By that I mean it was nice and clear and easy to follow.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
@gearslide
nice job! better than i could do with months of work :lol:
its entirely possible. hopefully we see some individual bot modes before the weekends out!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Toy Fair US 2015 Coverage - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Product Descriptions and Images

Postby Jones » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Motto: "Who and what I am, I hide from the enemy."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
megatronus wrote:
Va'al wrote:

=P~

Oh my. Oh my, yes. Yes, that's good. Very, very good. :APPLAUSE:
Jones
Minibot
News Credits: 6
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Rated X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
As you read this comment, some guy in China is designing a new mixmaster. ;)
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy 2018"
IRONHIDE (Blue) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ALLIGATICON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" alligator Optimus Prime figure 2023"
ALLIGATICON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARN + NICKEL Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure 2023 New"
TARN + NICKEL Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANTA OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 5 Holiday Christmas 2021"
SANTA OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Blue) T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BANZAI-TRON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV1 2022 New"
BANZAI-TRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (Gnaw) Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
SHARKTICON (Gnaw) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Purple) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Purple) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON