This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby peaces » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

it's not up to hasbro. it's the dock worker strike.
peaces
Vehicon

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:11 pm

It is odd to have missed the earlier releases of the Femmebots ... and to have CW show up. Still haven't seen Brainstorm either.... Or Jetfire besides one isolated sighting.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby shajaki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
didnt the elusive generations skids wave get a second run? perhaps we'll see the ladies and brainstorm get another shot.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby KnightAero » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
gothsaurus wrote:It is odd to have missed the earlier releases of the Femmebots ... and to have CW show up. Still haven't seen Brainstorm either.... Or Jetfire besides one isolated sighting.

My Toys R Us, and K Mart had a ton of Jetfire. Brainstorm showed up a few times also...

Problem we are facing is supply, and each region is not getting the same amount of supply. Realistically it would be wonderful if each store could order specific units and not a unit being grouped into a set. Certain pieces are more wanted and desired so it makes more logic to have more of that.

Unfortunately though hoarding seems to be more frequent with the ability to turn around and sell on EBay...

I don't think there is one simple answer to this problem.

CW though I would say is a whole other world of issues, especially with the port strike. I know I finally gave up on retail and jumped to Hasbro Toy Store. *Cough* 15% coupons exist...
KnightAero
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Peridot » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
Brainstorm was clogging my Wal-Mart's shelves for several months. At one point, the entire bottom half of the shelf was dominated by at least 12 Brainstorms and a couple of Rhinoxes and Whirls. Even after the holiday season rush, they had quite a few left. And I live in West Virginia. This distribution is wack, yo. :HEADHURTS:
Peridot
Combiner
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Destron » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Sorry for asking this foolish question, but will CW Ultra Magnus be taller than FP? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So now that I have the time to post due to life, I can finally comment on what went down at Toy Fair.

Protectobots/Defensor... All of my yes. Hot Spot, First Aid, and maybe Rook are screaming to be reborn as Onslaught, Swindle, and Brawl respectively. Alpha Bravo/Blades as Vortex is virtually destiny. Which leaves Blast-Off. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if he were one of the jets. Just as long as he was named and looked like the guy.

Ultra Magnus is clearly a godsend to IDW fans like myself. Also pulls double duty as a proper Classics-style-ish Ultra Magnus, meaning I don't have to go third party on this guy. Bought on sight!

Cyclonus... No thanks. I'm perfectly happy with my Reveal the Shield guy.

Don't want Warpath, fine with my Generations Deluxe. Though I wouldn't turn down a freebie.

Have to get Viper. Considering how thin the Decepticon ranks are in the Legends range, he's more than welcome addition.

Metro Prime wrote:Brainstorm was clogging my Wal-Mart's shelves for several months. At one point, the entire bottom half of the shelf was dominated by at least 12 Brainstorms and a couple of Rhinoxes and Whirls. Even after the holiday season rush, they had quite a few left. And I live in West Virginia. This distribution is wack, yo. :HEADHURTS:

My area has nothing but Whirl and Rhinox at Toys "R" Us, Roadbuster and a Springer at Target, and nothing at Walmart. I was lucky to have preordered Brainstorm online.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Voyagers are in short supply around me, I've only seen one Rhinox and two Whirls lately. Kmart actually clearanced theirs off for $22, not that there was anything there when I checked. Funny the Skids wave was brought up, that wave never hit my area, I got mine off HTS, but Kmart just got that wave in. Go figure.

I'm a bit late to make any real meaningful comments on the Toy Fair reveals, but I do want all of the Combiner Wars stuff.

It's probably been pointed out already, but Viper's head is based on the Cobra Rattler pilot Wild Weasel in the same way as the Star Wars crossovers resembled their pilots.

WildWeasel1.jpg
WildWeasel1.jpg (134.09 KiB) Viewed 8496 times

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Nemesis Destron wrote:Sorry for asking this foolish question, but will CW Ultra Magnus be taller than FP? :VEHI:

Do you mean City Commander? I believe CW UM will be Leader sized.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Emerje wrote:Voyagers are in short supply around me, I've only seen one Rhinox and two Whirls lately. Kmart actually clearanced theirs off for $22

$22 is clearance? Yeesh.

It's probably been pointed out already, but Viper's head is based on the Cobra Rattler pilot Wild Weasel in the same way as the Star Wars crossovers resembled their pilots.

I'm amazed they even bothered. I mean it's awesome that they did, but it went from "conehead with faceplate" to "conehead with faceplate and shades!" It's usually a pretty drastic change.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby prjkt » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
fenrir72 wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:Sorry for asking this foolish question, but will CW Ultra Magnus be taller than FP? :VEHI:

Do you mean City Commander? I believe CW UM will be Leader sized.

City commander is about leader size tall, just really chunky. I'd say CW Magnus' shoulder pylons will be taller, but head height about the same - I think my KO City Commander will be replaced as soon as I spot CW Magnus as I much prefer the proportions.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Vicalliose » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Ah the Constructicons. I guess it's nice to see Hasbro take a swing at Devastator, but it's still underwhelming. It's not all bad, I mean it is leagues ahead of what they've done with combiners up until this point, but then all the individual figures take major hits in ways that shouldn't even remotely have been an issue for their size class and budget. It's kinda depressing for them to come so close and yet still be so far. Either way, the only thing that would have made me buy them is if they'd made Devastator more like his old IDW incarnation, but they didn't. Geewun all the way. Because unified toyline themes and Hasbro don't mix.

Protectobots actually impress me though. The proportions of the combined mode aren't amazing, and they had to do something about groove... which is not really all that unexpected but still unfortunate. All the individual figures are pretty good though, especially Hot Spot, who would make a good retool into Pyro, in my opinion.

IDW Ultra Magnus... Now that- that is just a thing of beauty. It's perfect. Whoever made this and Springer happen... keep doing that.

And uh... Cyclonus? Who blew a circuit and made this a thing?
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby SkyWarpt » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
:KREMZEEK: Got my Combiner Wars Optimus today. I believe it is time for my ritual "Meeting of the Primes"!!!
Last edited by SkyWarpt on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Postby shajaki » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Thanks to blogger Black Plastic Life, we now have in hand picture of Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron! This figure is a retool of the Leader Megatron also in recent news who is more Generation 1 inspired. But if you're more interested in his Armada incarnation at the moment, take a look at his Bio!

For millions of years, Megatron has led fanatical legions of evil Decepticons on their war for conquest. A living weapon with dozens of modifications made in the name of increased power and destructive capabilities, his only weakness is his single-minded desire for the enslavement of the universe.

Keep scrolling to see the pics, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby durroth » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:22 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
We now know that whirl, having no known weaknesses, could definitely beat armada megatron's one weakness butt in a fight.
durroth
Headmaster Jr

Postby LongHaulLaser » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 pm

I saw Armada Megatron listed as coming soon at HTS (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-leader-class-armada-megatron-figure?BR=496&ID=33970), so I assume that he will be released shortly. I personally never liked Armada and won't be getting this, but I really like that silver G1 version. Hopefully the silver one won't be that hard to track down.
LongHaulLaser
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby RiddlerJ » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 pm

It doesn't look like it, but I wish there was a way to keep the head exposed in tank mode, not unlike the original Armada Megatron
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Armada Megatron reminds me of Tankor in a way, a bad way, in how it's a "sterilized" version lacking all the goofy little toyetic gimmicks that nonetheless made the bot memorable.

At least Flathead is the right size.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Boy, that sure isn't a vague, nondescriptive bio, no siree bob!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Boy, that sure isn't a vague, nondescriptive bio, no siree bob!

The only way it could get more generic is by saying: "Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. He is evil. The decipticons are evil. Thus the autobots are good.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Vicalliose wrote:Ah the Constructicons. I guess it's nice to see Hasbro take a swing at Devastator, but it's still underwhelming. It's not all bad, I mean it is leagues ahead of what they've done with combiners up until this point, but then all the individual figures take major hits in ways that shouldn't even remotely have been an issue for their size class and budget. It's kinda depressing for them to come so close and yet still be so far.

Thee was a lot of discussion about this point in the Devastator thread, but I'll borrow a quote from myself:
That Bot wrote:Hasbro has made one of the largest combining robot toys ever here for only $150, and that's no small feat.

There are a lot of considerations that go into making something this big for this price which wouldn't go into six run of the mill non-combining voyagers at the same total price. For further reading:
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:46 pm

I hate that I have to buy both of these guys. I also hate that he is not at all in scale with Armada Screamer that just came out. Hopefully we at least get an Armada Prime update that scales really nicely.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:49 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:

The only way it could get more generic is by saying: "Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. He is evil. The decipticons are evil. Thus the autobots are good.
"Autobots rage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I thought it was that the Autobots waged their battle.... Huh.....
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I thought it was that the Autobots waged their battle.... Huh.....
I've heard people say it both ways, but definitely not in a past tense.

"Rage" just makes more sense when battle is concerned, since it's not like the Autobots are always gambling their fights.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010L"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE EUROPEAN MISSIONS #8 Marvel Comics 1989 (CA) Braithwaite 220721B"
GI JOE EUROPEAN MI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222K"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON