This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Editor wrote:As far as MP Megs goes we do have to consider that Hasbro MAY purposely not slip this one into distribution.

Any one of us old timers had stories (urban legends most of the time) of the kid stopped for having a gun that turned out to be Megs, as all of us are aware of the need for the "orange barrel safety plug" attached to pieces to designate the piece was not, in fact, a working firearm.

Hasbro likely has weighed the pros/cons on this one, and decided that attempting to release him here will be too much trouble, should there be any negative news stories that their product gets attached to. Regardless even if this is what is happening, you know they will dance around the issue, because if a Hasbro rep was asked at a convention or show, and said something to the effect of-
<Hasbro will not be releasing Masterpiece Megatron for North America or Europe as his gun form may cause problems.>
-would at best bring upon then the wrath of certain members of our fandom, and at worse possibly find themselves being targeted by organizations like the NRA turning their reluctance to sell something gun-related into some kind of right-wing conspiracy to keep kids from embracing gun culture. It's silly, but sadly we live in a society where that is a plausible situation.

After all there was a reason that Classics Megs was "Nerfed" so to speak.

I would never expect Hasbro to release a gun Megs, but that in no way precludes TT from doing an updated one. Hasbro is understandably stand-offish at the thought if it, but who relies on Hasbro for MP releases anyway? If you did so, you'd miss most of the line.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Mr O » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Motto: ""No way out but through.""
Weapon: No Weapon
Metro Prime wrote:I don't get why people say Alpha Bravo isn't as fast as the others. Have they looked at his vehicle mode? He's a giant bullet with rotors and missiles mounted on him! He's the most aerodyamic out of the entire Aerialbots, what with their awkwardly visible robot kibble and such.

Nope doesn't work. What does work is imagining him as a loner, out and about scouting/exploring and getting into his own adventures. If he's ever in a spot that calls for it, he has the ability to send a signal overriding Silverbolt's brain and, via him, the three nearest jets, making them drop whatever they're doing and get to his location. He'd probably be a bit drained after this but could soon merge with the others, Superion sorts out the trouble, and AB goes up Iron Mountain or whatever to recharge his 'Superion-Summoner'. Yeah.
"It's 1973, almost dinnertime. I'm havin' hoops!"
Mr O
Brainmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: ???
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 10+

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Metro Prime wrote:I don't get why people say Alpha Bravo isn't as fast as the others. Have they looked at his vehicle mode? He's a giant bullet with rotors and missiles mounted on him! He's the most aerodyamic out of the entire Aerialbots, what with their awkwardly visible robot kibble and such.

Probably just the simple thought that real life jets are faster than helicopters. Then again, by that logic Dragstrip is too fast to be a Stunticon, being a formula 1 car.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Top speed of an Aerospatiale Dauphin (Alpha Bravo): 190 mph
Top speed of an F-15 (Air Raid): Mach 2.7
That's why.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Though being cybertonian may allow him to break that limit somewhat
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Desslok2201 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:43 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Though being cybertonian may allow him to break that limit somewhat

Maybe somewhat, but it's like trying to say that a rowboat, however sleek it looks, could possibly keep up with a speedboat. It just can't.
Desslok2201
Targetmaster

Postby Breakdown318 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Motto: "There's no one here to watch me..."
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
shajaki wrote:Thanks to Genetic from the TFND we have in hand pics of another Wave 2 Combiner Wars Deluxe figure, Breakdown. This wave appears to be currently hitting parts of Asia, and is estimated to arrive on our shores sometime in March. Breakdown can transform from robot, to car, to arm, and to a leg for Combiner Wars Motormaster to create Menasor. That's some resume! Check out the bio, and keep scrolling for the pics!

Breakdown is always worried he is being watched. The Decepticons take full advantage of his need to remain unseen, and mobilize him as a scout. Paranoia comes in handy when you're trying to avoid detection.

Definitely getting this. :D
Breakdown318
Micromaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I love Guido Guidi's Seeker designs. That Starscream Legend figure with Waspinator is the BOSS. Always wanted an upgrade version of him/the mold.That and the Optimus Prime version.

But I'm kind of (surprise) agreeing with a point of view with Rated X on some aspect of scaling. I maybe in the minority but I wish Hasbro will downscale him. The retool of the Jetfire mold (TT/Hasbro invested oodles in it most probably) is pragmmatic like that of Springer. But making them on the same scale as Jetfire is not too animation (comic book IDW I'm not sure as I've not been reading IDW except for the comics that come packed in the figures) accurate.

In Japan, during Galaxyforce, Starcream was released without electronics at a smaller size. In the USA, he was that big@ss size with a crown. Chances are TT releasing a smaller Seeker type is indeed small....just my 2 cents.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby MrBlack » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon

His bio on the Transformers Battle Tactics website indicates he is much slower than the other Aerialbots. At this point, that bio is pretty much the only info we have about him.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:34 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's interesting that they meant for Viper to be like a Cobra Viper when the head is done up like Wild Weasel. They could've done a chrome/silver face plate like the trooper to better go that route. If it's meant to be the gun of Galvatronus then I hope whatever limbs are used have tight hips since none of the released limbs thus far can hold Powerglide up, on its own or combined with Silverbolts rifle.

Rook strikes me as the kind of figure people who like to take pictures will have fun with.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:38 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
who wants to see something coooool? i dont know if this is a custom or digibash, but lookit!

its funny, i havent even thought about the repaint/retool options of these CW guys outside of the standard combiners we all know. fun pub, get on it!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Have plans to buy both G1 Megatron and Armada Megatron.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:59 pm

shajaki wrote:who wants to see something coooool? i dont know if this is a custom or digibash, but lookit!

its funny, i havent even thought about the repaint/retool options of these CW guys outside of the standard combiners we all know. fun pub, get on it!

That's one nice digibash. Seems like a toy idea TFCC will use.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Maybe Alpha Bravo can teleport like Skywarp.

And as far as Motormaster, I always assumed that (outside of the cartoon depiction) the sort of 'stunts' he did was ramming through things (like cement blocks, per his original bio) - an 18 wheeler plowing through a row of cars is as much a cliche Hollywood stunt as a muscle car jumping a ditch.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby Editor » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
shajaki wrote:who wants to see something coooool? i dont know if this is a custom or digibash, but lookit!

Get a Rook and First Aid in done in blue for the legs, and a couple retooled planes in Red and blue for arms, and you might get an interesting take on Cybertron Prime/Galaxy Convoy's super mode. If they can find a Legend that can sling on his back for the guns , so much the better. Then it would just need a predicon inspired CW line to get a replacement for Leobreaker.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 pm

I'm going to import a Sling figure, take his head and put it on Alpha Bravo's body.

And the the whole CW line will SELF DESTRUCT! :grin:
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Va'al » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
RiddlerJ wrote:I'm going to import a Sling figure, take his head and put it on Alpha Bravo's body.

ALPHA BOOM :michaelbay:
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby primeghost_2 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smashing Blaster
I love the Protectobots but his legs look thick in combiner mode, I wish that they would have changed Blades forearms with some type of cannon. The Ultra Magnus is Awesome :grin: and hope that the Generation series of car bots will fit :-? and Cyclonus looks good for a retooling of Silverbolt :KREMZEEK: I guess in the fall all of us are going for the Devastator I just hope that they sell them in all stores :grin:
primeghost_2
Mini-Con
Buy from primeghost_2 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
RiddlerJ wrote:I'm going to import a Sling figure, take his head and put it on Alpha Bravo's body.

Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
check out the stance that jitome_dan(twitter) was able to pull off!

i decided to do some homework and try and replicate that with my prime, and i think i came up with some good stuff!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Rated X » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I love this guy. It's about time he gets a proper figure. He always got the short end of the stick. But the weapon really blows...literally. I hope somebody does some G1 style guns for these guys. Im buying them for the individual bot modes because Hasbrosaur looks horrible.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron (G1 Deco) Found At US Retail

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
With a US sighting of Armada Megatron, the G1 deco version could not be too far behind.

This Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron was spotted Toys’R’Us in the DFW area of Texas, priced at 44.99, along with his Armada counterpart. The pictures have been mirrored below.

If you have any sightings, please send them to us at sightings@seibertron.com and news to news@seibertron.com and if we can use your submission, you'll get the credit and your name up on our front page! Also, please remember to share your sightings by posting on our sightings forum, which can be found here: Seibertron Sightings Forum

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
shajaki wrote:check out the stance that jitome_dan(twitter) was able to pull off!

i decided to do some homework and try and replicate that with my prime, and i think i came up with some good stuff!

Those poor turtles are in for it now.

Nice work Jaki! Looks sweet.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Rated X wrote:I love this guy. It's about time he gets a proper figure. He always got the short end of the stick. But the weapon really blows...literally. I hope somebody does some G1 style guns for these guys. Im buying them for the individual bot modes because Hasbrosaur looks horrible.

You mean Megatron? But that canon of his is like permanently attached to his arm housing. It would look derpy if you add another "fusion" canon" accessory.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:37 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
Rated X wrote:I love this guy. It's about time he gets a proper figure. He always got the short end of the stick. But the weapon really blows...literally. I hope somebody does some G1 style guns for these guys. Im buying them for the individual bot modes because Hasbrosaur looks horrible.

You mean Megatron? But that canon of his is like permanently attached to his arm housing. It would look derpy if you add another "fusion" canon" accessory.

I think the threads are getting crossed and they were talking about the Dead End post.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #439 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #439 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr E Hispanic Heritage DC Comics 2023 0723DC020 137E (CA)Villalobos"
BATMAN #137 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEATHBLOW #3 DC Comics 2007 (CA) Stelfreeze (W) Azzarello (A) D'Anda 240317C"
NEW!
DEATHBLOW #3 DC Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #800 Cvr G Cardstock DC Comics 2023 0423DC120 800G (CA) Jonboy"
FLASH #800 Cvr G C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armored BATMAN vs Superman Peg Pal 01 Wooden Toy Fair DC Comics Bif Bang Pow"
Armored BATMAN vs ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #147 Batman Supergirl DC Comics 1979 (CA) Aparo 230915A"
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #799 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC225 799B (W) Adams (CA) Perkins + Spicer"
FLASH #799 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERBOY + RAVERS #11 DC Comics 1997 (A/CA) Lopresti + Davis 200610A"
SUPERBOY + RAVERS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC080 1055B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC202 1B (CA) Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #797 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 0223DC175 797F (W) Adams (A) Acuna (CA) Clarke"
FLASH #797 Cvr F 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr D Holiday Card DC Comics 2023 0923DC078 140D (CA) Mora"
BATMAN #140 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #410 multi-pack DC Comics 1989 (CA) Geiger (W) Collins (A)Cockrum 230915A"
BATMAN #410 multi- ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON