This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Upgrades and Fanmodes Roundup

Postby shajaki » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
It's no secret that Hasbro planned for Legends/Combiner compatibility, but over the past week we have seen some great alterations to known combinations along with some great fan-made ones. Now Seibertron.com is happy to bring these great lesser known combinations to light!

To start things off, Kah Fei Shang has shown off Thundercracker working as a chest piece for CW Optimus Prime. This would work likewise with the other Legends Seekers (Starscream, Acid Storm and upcoming Skywarp), but what makes Thundercracker special is current turncoat status in the IDW comics.

Also, these Seekers should be compatible with CW Menasor, and might look especially fetching with a Skywarp chest piece!

Next we bring you a multiple Blackjack power-up to Menasor, thanks to Gikpa. While its not quite discernible how the pair of Jack's are situated on the shoulders, they sure give him a beefier look! If you're not interested in that bit of overkill, have a look at the alternate configuration of the chest Jack. It should connect the same way as the standard setting, but is a nice alternative to the "car parked on chest" look. Think about what this could mean for the upcoming Legends Rodimus!

Legends Huffer, Nemesis Prime, and Optimus Prime can all take a seat on the open chest cavities of CW Optimus and Menasor. It's as simple as positioning the Legends figures hands in a way to hold on to the two handles protruding from either Voyager's chest. How funny would it be to have Voyager Optimus combine with his Legends counterpart? Special thanks to Twitter users @FigureReviewers and @tsukumo_TF for the inspirational pics!

Even earlier Legends figure Skrapnel has found a way to clasp on the to Optimus/Menasor chest. Twitter user @frenzy_altron shared with his followers that he has the same method as Huffer and Nemesis Prime to hold sturdily aboard!

Hasbro's next stab at a Legends Insecticon, Bombshell pulls double duty as a Targetmaster and a chest piece. His gun mode is pretty self explanatory, and his hood ornament mode holds on like all his predecessors.

Saving the best for last, Seibertron's own Cobotron has come up with a great way to incorporate Legends Powerglide as a chest piece! Holding on to Primes chest pegs for dear life much like the others, he makes another nice addition to the hood ornament brigade!

In closing, you may have not been aware of the multitude of possibilities with these Combiner Wars figures and their Legends counterparts. A large number of mold sharing has made the options nearly endless!

If you have come up with something new, please share it! There's always new things to learn and things to discuss in our forum, The Energon Pub. Stop by and pull up a seat!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Zeedust » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Wave 2's already starting and I still don't have Silverbolt or Powerglide. What an irritating time to be broke.

Shockwave7 wrote:What if you put Motormaster voyager and all the deluxes into ONE order? Will the shipment of figures:
A) Be split into separate shipments, sending Motormaster in 5-7 days, while putting off delivery on the Deluxes until 3/27-ish?

B) Hold everything until 3/27-ish, since it's one order, and you'll have to wait for ALL of them to be delivered once they are all available?

I've had them split shipments on me before, so they'll probably split for that too.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby AutobotSteve » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 pm

This is why I'm giving up on retail stores. I took this photo at my local ToysRUs today. It had the largest Transformers display I've seen and take a look at the peg breakdown! 11 pegs of RID Warriors. 15 pegs of RID Legions. 9 pegs of One Step Changers. 6 pegs of Age of Extinction figures. See that red box? That red box is the ONE EMPTY peg that's labeled and priced for "Trans Gen Deluxe Series."

Was SO pumped to see Hasbro had their pre-orders (and promos!) up, but didn't get to Motormaster in time. Ah well.

This is my first post ever with a Transformers site! Hi, everyone!
Attachments
Prime2.jpg
AutobotSteve
Mini-Con

Postby Arctorro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
shajaki wrote:It's no secret that Hasbro planned for Legends/Combiner compatibility, but over the past week we have seen some great alterations to known combinations along with some great fan-made ones. Now Seibertron.com is happy to bring these great lesser known combinations to light!
Nice post, but you missed one...

I really need to finish the repainting I started on the wings so the Autobot symbols can be added :-?

william-james88 wrote:So that would also be the case for Predaking, who is also six members.
Arctorro
Godmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby AutobotSteve » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Looks like the image didn't post inline. Let me try again. Hope this works!

Prime2.jpg
Prime2.jpg
AutobotSteve
Mini-Con

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Arctorro!
What was the one you did with Windcharger?
That was good too.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby shajaki » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Didn't miss them!

The TC Superion chest, I thought was somehow... mod'd to fit on there. How does he stay on there? Fill us in!

And Windcharger/Tailgate... I recall trying that out myself when I first got him and I couldn't figure out how to keep 'em in place. Lil help!?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
AutobotSteve wrote:This is why I'm giving up on retail stores. I took this photo at my local ToysRUs today. It had the largest Transformers display I've seen and take a look at the peg breakdown! 11 pegs of RID Warriors. 15 pegs of RID Legions. 9 pegs of One Step Changers. 6 pegs of Age of Extinction figures. See that red box? That red box is the ONE EMPTY peg that's labeled and priced for "Trans Gen Deluxe Series."

Was SO pumped to see Hasbro had their pre-orders (and promos!) up, but didn't get to Motormaster in time. Ah well.

This is my first post ever with a Transformers site! Hi, everyone!

Welcome to Seibertron.com, AutobotSteve. We hope you'll continue participating on our forums for years to come!

My local Toys R Us that I was at just about 2.5 hours ago here in Niles, IL (just outside of Chicago) looks basically the same. Part of the problem is the port strike that's been going on out west in Long Beach, CA. Many toys were being held up there. Some of it is just the post-Christmas stock blues. Transformers usually get stocked around the end of March/April in time for Easter and then again in July with the fall product and then the Christmas merchandise starts hitting in around October 1st.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Had to try it. :lol: It's hilarious 'cause he just looks regular.

Smooth moves sashay-jaki! I dig your datalog entry. Thanks for appreciating my combinery.

I took a stab at Plumshell. Real close. ;)

Now I just want to get out all my Cybervese Commanders and go to town. See who else I can hang off Ultra Prime's sweet pepperoncinis. :-P
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
All this combining may be what gets me to buy more Legends figures. May be.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby shajaki » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Cobotron wrote:See who else I can hang off Ultra Prime's sweet pepperoncinis. :-P

By the way, love your Prime Prime (especially with the chest gun) :lol:
Last edited by shajaki on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Thadicon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 am

Motto: "Theatricality and Deception, Powerful agents to the unintiated"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
koolkollectibleskhai wrote:Big new haul today!! Cant wait to start the reviews tonight :)

Nice haul dude lots of goodies in there. Looking forward to your reviews :grin:

Don't do them like Peaugh just did recently with the CW Stunticons the reviews were pretty average at best.A bit disappointing.

Sorry Peaugh but our old mate Chuck did a pretty good job of reviewing Offroad today.
Thadicon
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Crosscheck » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:15 am

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
I managed to get the Air Raid and the Stunticons preordered. No luck on Blackjack, but the Shopkos here seem to be getting Legends in fairly regularly(one had Powerglide, the other had Bombshell), so I will probably find Blackjack there eventually. Can't wait to have two complete combiners. I really hate that Air Raid's rifle is white when all of the other Aerialbots have black. I hope Reprolabels comes out with some good labels for Motormaster to make him less gray.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Windsweeper » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 am

The first pic with Thundercracker on Prime's chest gives me a Road Caeser vibe.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby robotmel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:48 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
shajaki wrote:It's no secret...<snip>
:-?
Great to see you getting into more editorial bits and bobs here on Seibertron. ;)

I have noticed that the front paged Combiner Wars Fanmode Round-up doesn't display all the photos as they may have been hotlinked via various Social Media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter which a lot of work places and businesses tend to block as they don't want you having too much fun!

Any chance they could be hosted by Seibertron? :-?
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Firepower: 7

Postby Va'al » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:20 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
robotmel wrote:
shajaki wrote:It's no secret...<snip>
:-?
Great to see you getting into more editorial bits and bobs here on Seibertron. ;)

I have noticed that the front paged Combiner Wars Fanmode Round-up doesn't display all the photos as they may have been hotlinked via various Social Media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter which a lot of work places and businesses tend to block as they don't want you having too much fun!

Any chance they could be hosted by Seibertron? :-?

It's not as if Alex was tired when posting that. Nope. Not at all. #-o
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby koolkollectibleskhai » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:29 am

Thadicon wrote:
koolkollectibleskhai wrote:Big new haul today!! Cant wait to start the reviews tonight :)

Don't do them like Peaugh just did recently with the CW Stunticons the reviews were pretty average at best.A bit disappointing.

Sorry Peaugh but our old mate Chuck did a pretty good job of reviewing Offroad today.

LOL! I kinda like peaugh's reviews. My reviews are nothing fancy to be honest. Uploading now, so any feedback is appreciated :)
koolkollectibleskhai
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch koolkollectibleskhai on YouTube

Postby robotmel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:20 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
Va'al wrote:It's not as if Alex was tired when posting that. Nope. Not at all. #-o
;) :P
Going back to the 'chest bots', I wonder if any 3rd Party has thought about creating a Powermaster type articulated figure to plug into Ultra Optimus' chest cavity?
This could offer a decent bot mode, some clever articulation and an aesthetically pleasing 'engine' mode for the chest cavity?
Just a thought. :-?
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
Classics/Generations - 25th Ann Unicron, YotS Omega Supreme
Alternity - Ultra Magnus, Dai Atlas, Saber
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
robotmel
Gestalt
News Credits: 14
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Firepower: 7

Postby Segor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 am

koolkollectibleskhai wrote:
Thadicon wrote:

LOL! I kinda like peaugh's reviews. My reviews are nothing fancy to be honest. Uploading now, so any feedback is appreciated :)

Sorry for the inexperienced question, but, can you share a link to the review?? :michaelbay:

Thanks!
Segor
Micromaster

Postby Kyleor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Once they're all released it looks like we're going to be in for some pretty sweet and/or completely ridiculous fan created Combiners.
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.

Yyyeeeeeeeeep

Kyleor
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Postby shockblast2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:36 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Shockwave7 wrote:What if you put Motormaster voyager and all the deluxes into ONE order? Will the shipment of figures:
A) Be split into separate shipments, sending Motormaster in 5-7 days, while putting off delivery on the Deluxes until 3/27-ish?

B) Hold everything until 3/27-ish, since it's one order, and you'll have to wait for ALL of them to be delivered once they are all available?

Held. And by that time they will be at retail.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Cobotron@ the one with prime wearing prime? Looks a little like a super ginrai to me ;)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Cobotron » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Cobotron@ the one with prime wearing prime? Looks a little like a super ginrai to me ;)
I thought the same thing. :lol: I also thought if there was a white Magnus of that Legends, it would be a cool little nod to a City Commander situation.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:10 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
In that case I may have to get a legends prime to become my ginrai thus ultra prime can become super ginrai. ..wwhat to do about God Ginrai though. ..
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON