This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Fantastic! :APPLAUSE:
And they didn't do anything screwy like give them green combiner hands.

... although, I now kinda wish Offroad and Alpha Bravo were a bit more distinct, instead of placeholder-these-guys colored. Particularly Offroad since it's easier to add him to the already-varied Stunticons.
Hear that Hasbro? MOAR REPAINTS!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Rodimus Prime wrote:That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Horrifying / awesome... To-may-to / to-mah-to.

I will admit I agree on Energon Optimus being a bad figure... Although I wouldn't be opposed to owning one someday if I had a chance to grab one cheap, it is the one major iteration of Optimus I have never owned a toy of. (I didn't pick up any AOE Optimus Primes, but it is the same character as the first three Bay films, so that counts as one "iteration.")

But I do like the Combiner Wars Prime better than I thought I would! (He'll be even better once I get Reprolabels to cover up the unpainted grey on his alt mode.) And he looks good with those Energon limbs on!

I'm surprised the person who took those photos didn't leave Optimus's chest open. In other cases, I'd think it looks better closed. But since the open chest looks so much like it was paying homage to Energon Optimus anyway, you'd think it would be a perfect time to showcase it.

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby Blastback » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Motto: "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts, deedilly dee."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Great! :DANCE: I like Offroad and Alpha Bravo as aditions to their respective teams, same with Rook. Just didn't want to see the originals completley replaced. But all the original characters and new ones? Right up my alley.
Blastback
Combiner
Alt Mode: Black Corvette
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So I guess my Alpha Bravo and my already-paid-for-and-shipping-soon Offroad will be making their way to my customization planning board.

Great news for sticklers of Generation One accuracy. I did like both new additions of the Aerialbots and Stunticons, but to have the full set of guys is really a sigh of relief.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

Energon Prime by himself is the only thing your right about.

I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Super Megatron » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:Disclaimer: Totally not mine! But I came across this on the TFW2005 forums, and thought it was worth sharing:

If I had the Energon Optimus Prime's trailer and drones... and, of course, those 3D printed adapters... this would be a cool option of what to do with Combiner Wars Optimus Prime!
That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:

OMG That is one FUGLY toy. Here's hoping this is one Optimus cow Hasbro won't milk!
Last edited by Super Megatron on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Megatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 16
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: That's...horrifying. Separately those figures (CW Prime and Energon Prime) are bad enough, but together? :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
It's not a matter of "right" or "wrong." It's an opinion.

I don't see what your glitch is with CW Prime I have him and he makes a good figure.
I don't have a "glitch." I don't like the figure. The vehicle mode is repulsive and the robot mode looks like it belongs in the Rescue Bots line. The mold is better represented by the Motormaster variant, but not by much. And when combined? Forget about it. That's why I'm easily passing on CW Menasor. Too bad, I actually like the other 4 Stunticons, even if Menasor and Motormaster are both underwhelming to me. But if you like them, that's fine. It's your opinion. Just because mine is different, doesn't make it "wrong."
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Re: BRAKE-NECK (WILDRIDER) + QUICKSLINGER (SLINGSHOT) REVEALED

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Primeultimus wrote:BREAK-NECK (WILDRIDER) + QUICKSLINGER (SLINGSHOT) REVEALED

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... tiahi7.jpg

Brake-Neck. It's wordplay. And it's also right there in the picture.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Super Megatron wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:(Some stuff I said.)
(Some stuff Rodimus said.)
(This space intentionally left blank.)

Huh?

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

I don't have a "glitch." I don't like the figure. The vehicle mode is repulsive and the robot mode looks like it belongs in the Rescue Bots line. The mold is better represented by the Motormaster variant, but not by much. And when combined? Forget about it. That's why I'm easily passing on CW Menasor. Too bad, I actually like the other 4 Stunticons, even if Menasor and Motormaster are both underwhelming to me. But if you like them, that's fine. It's your opinion. Just because mine is different, doesn't make it "wrong."

Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.

How does it look like it belongs to Rescue bots when those toys are just transforming bricks?

Is it because he is blockish?

And what do you think is wrong with Menasor and Motermaster?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:07 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.
Fair enough. But when you say "That's the only thing you're right about" it implies that you're saying I'm wrong about everything else I said.

How does it look like it belongs to Rescue bots when those toys are just transforming bricks?
That's exactly why.
Very.

IMO, what's wrong with Motormaster is the same thing that's wrong with Prime, as they're the same mold. Except Motormaster doesn't look as bad, due to a better color scheme, as well as when being compared to its G1 original, it's very similar, with a few differences such as the feet. And what makes Menasor unlikable to me is that Motormaster, the centerpiece, is unlikable. The other 4, which I like, can only do so much to "dress up" the figure. Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down. That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Super Megatron » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Motto: "Smashing Optimus Prime toys is the freedom of all sentient beings."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Never said you were wrong when I say thats the only thing your right about what I truly mean is that's the only thing I agree about I have a strange speech pattern.

Aesthetically, the Optimus Prime thing looks like a Power Ranger and looks really out of place/WTF for it to belong to the TF Universe. Not saying that there won't be people out there that would spend a good chunk of money just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it", but objectively, this toy configuration is a huge step backwards in terms of aesthetics, engineering, and ingenuity.
Super Megatron
Vehicon
News Credits: 16
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby King Kuuga » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:14 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Rodimus Prime wrote:Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down.

.....which is exactly what the G1 versions did
That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.

Because the G1 combiners had no knee articulation. These do, and having a jet nosecone or a car hood behind your knee makes it hard to walk.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So they are finally revealed and...meh what we were expecting. Hmm just realised that for UK buyers Forbidden planet may get these in as they are owned by diamond.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:18 pm

That Bot wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Though I also dislike the way the whole front of the cars that form the legs are just folded down.

.....which is exactly what the G1 versions did.
Yes, but having them behind the legs instead of out front made it much less noticeable.
That's actually another thing I don't like about either Menasor or Superion. The leg limbs are reversed when compared to their G1 counterparts.

Because the G1 combiners had no knee articulation. These do, and having a jet nosecone or a car hood behind your knee makes it hard to walk.
That's a good reason for the change. And if I saw correctly, in torso mode Silverbolt's fists fold back to the back of the knee, so the jet noses couldn't fit back there anyway. Once I put my Superion together after acquiring all the appropriate parts, I'll see if I can make it work. :D
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Super Megatron wrote:just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it"

*cough*

Did someone say something?

Wasn't sure if someone might have been talking to me...

Nah, I must have been imagining things...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, though... He may not be the best Optimus ever, but having him in hand, he is better than I thought he'd be. I like him! The only thing that really bugs me is the unpainted grey plastic in his alt mode, but fortunately I should be able to fix that next time I place a Reprolabels order:

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Super Megatron wrote:

Aesthetically, the Optimus Prime thing looks like a Power Ranger and looks really out of place/WTF for it to belong to the TF Universe.

Except it doesn't look out of place at all it honestly doesn't.

Super Megatron wrote:
Not saying that there won't be people out there that would spend a good chunk of money just because "it's an Optimus toy and they HAVE to buy it",

Nobody buys it or any other transformer because the have too and saying so is ignorant.

They buy it because they want to because they might actually like the toy.

Super Megatron wrote:
but objectively, this toy configuration is a huge step backwards in terms of aesthetics, engineering, and ingenuity.

Uh how is it a step backwards?

It really is not that diffrent from any other Transformer toy from recent times.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
All 4 Combiner Wars wave 2 deluxe class toys were spotted in Canada at a Walmart in Laval (on Saint Martin). This wave includes Air Raid, Dead End, Offroad and Breakdown. These are priced at 19.92 $ cdn and do not include the comic book due to language laws.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Yotsuyasan wrote:
Seriously, though... He may not be the best Optimus ever, but having him in hand, he is better than I thought he'd be. I like him! The only thing that really bugs me is the unpainted grey plastic in his alt mode, but fortunately I should be able to fix that next time I place a Reprolabels order:

Exactly its not the G1 truck but its still a really nice looking truck that combines the power of a long nose with the classic boxy look of the flat nose.

It's a nice update of the G1 Optimus look and being a combiner is a great bonus to the fun I have with this and some of the other figures from Combiner wars.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:35 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:

Aesthetically, the Optimus Prime thing looks like a Power Ranger and looks really out of place/WTF for it to belong to the TF Universe.

Except it doesn't look out of place at all it honestly doesn't.
Matter of opinion. He has his, you have yours.
Super Megatron wrote:
but objectively, this toy configuration is a huge step backwards in terms of aesthetics, engineering, and ingenuity.

Uh how is it a step backwards?

It really is not that diffrent from any other Transformer toy from recent times.
Define "recent times."
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby steve2275 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
so theres hope for u s
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:36 pm

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Nobody buys it or any other transformer because the have too and saying so is ignorant.

They buy it because they want to because they might actually like the toy.

I may have joked in my last post that that is why I bought Combiner Wars Optimus, but there is truth to this. I used to buy every Optimus I could. But I didn't like how Beast Hunters Optimus looked, so didn't buy any version of him. Also, by the time AOE came out, I was seriously done with the Bay films, and didn't even want to buy any of the related Optimus Primes. (Although I may eventually give in on the Evasion Mode mold.) Finally, I've yet to get any related to the new cartoon.

So yeah... Once I bought every Optimus Prime I could. But these days, I am a little more discerning. And the Combiner Wars one made the cut.

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Quoth my brother: "They sure know how to keep us buying figures, don't they?"
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:38 pm

william-james88 wrote:All 4 Combiner Wars wave 2 deluxe class toys were spotted in Canada at a Walmart in Laval (on Saint Martin).These are priced at 19.92 $ cdn and do not include the comic book due to language laws.

I really hate prices here in Canada I used to be able to buy Transformers left and right a few years ago but now the ridiculous prices mean I only get about 5 Transformers a year.

5 Transformers for an entire year.

I hate taxes I feel that the governments are raising the prices of everything on purpose so they can control everyone or else they go homeless.

Really hate life outside of my house.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Deadput » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:Matter of opinion. He has his, you have yours.

Define "recent times."

1: A matter of opinion can only go so far before it becomes a bullcrap statement like it does here stating on how it doesn't look like a Transformer.

2: recent times being from Generations to Combiner Wars.

Generations/Combiner Wars is not a toyline about being direct remakes of G1 or about what fans want but a toyline of strong homages to Generation 1 and IDW and a nice treat to the dedicated fans in hopes they can slowly accept other things.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of WINDBLADE #1 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221747 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200471 3B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 FEB200644 1A (CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #47 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E 1223IM263 (CA) Dragotta"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 MAR200703 2A (CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON