This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby MenaceRX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Do we know if they are still due in april or now june? April is what bbts.com shows from my preorder, june on amazon?
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby peaces » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

everywhere
peaces
Vehicon

Postby Optimizzy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
wave two hit stores here about the time I got mine in the mail. I don't know much about it, but the deluxe figures were definitely delayed here.
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby peaces » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:15 pm

bbts is a better source of info than amazon. i would listen to bbts before i would listen to amazon any day of the week.
peaces
Vehicon

Postby MenaceRX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:25 pm

If the prices were down on amazon i would go through them with prime shipping. But the raised cost to cover the shipping cost more then my order with bbts including my double first aid and streetwise figures. But most of the cost on bbts is total less woth pile of loot to go with it.
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby MenaceRX » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:32 pm

a quick tally of my order on bbts vs amazon. Bbts before shipping is 152, amazon 167 with prime 2 day. Bbts is far cheaper even when i add shipping
MenaceRX
Fuzor

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Wheeljack808 wrote:I WANT ME SOME DEFENSOR!!!!

But I ususally wait til they hit retail stores. I have all of wave 1. Waiting on Wave 2 atm.

Sucks that we the Canadians have to wait longer to get this awesome stuff in stores. :-(

Anyone else here from Canada? How long does it usually take for most toys to hit our retail once it hits the States? And have any of you seen the Wave 2's here yet?

Wave 2 deluxes already hit some walmarts in Canada (before the US) and Leader Megatron hit as well, at the same time as the states. We dont have wave 2 voyager yet but neither does the states. We are pretty much equal for the CW and RID lines but we are still behind on the last generations wave of 2014 since Arcee, Chromia and Brainstorm have yet to hit.

Be sure to visit this thread about canadian sightings to know whats out in canada.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby peaces » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 pm

usa has w2 voyager. brainstorm has hit usa. chromia was rare. arcee a lot more rare.
peaces
Vehicon

Postby ebonyleopard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Motto: ""Never underestimate the stupid.""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Since Dragstrip came with a sword, I keep wishing he could hold his foot/hand like a shield. I'm a sucker for sword and shield over blaster any day.

Well, Offroad came through on that wish.

Viking style!

Now that I have had a chance to really give these wave 2 guys a good play, I gotta say, they are AWESOME!
Air Raid is kinda old news, but I'm happy to have a full squad of Aerialbots. His jet mode looks great. The stunticon punks are really doin' it for me though. Breakdown is fantastic. Offroad really works for me too. I think Dragstrip is still my fav though. Something about the puffy pirate shirt with it's billowing sleeves, and the bell bottoms. Put a head band on him and I swear he'd be a dead ringer for Jimi Hendrix. :lol:

Did everybody get their HTS orders?
Nemy Max, have yours shown up yet?

Pfft, Offroad don't need no shield! That's just putting something between you and THE AXE! :twisted:

OMG. I don't know why, but that quote made me laugh so hard.

I gotta give it to Off-Road, every thing about him screams creeper to me, but in a good way. Taking the color scheme of a disappeared comrade. Walking around with nothing but a axe to hack at your foes. The rest of the Stunticons not fully trusting him, with that axe. It's like they just let Machete join their gang.

It's funny, as much hate the new members to both squads are getting, I'm finding the fan counter response to them to be hilarious and it's adding a bit of extra charm to them.
ebonyleopard
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby KnightStrike » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Nice! I missed out on the BBTS individual preorder for Hotspot and don't want Cyclonus so this works out great. He is even cheaper than he was at BBTS and gets free shipping.
KnightStrike
Targetmaster
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Postby Bradimus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Regarding issues with Menasor and the perfection that is Superion, Chefatron has a review for each that reveals all the issues or lack their of.

Superion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpQTeQDL_KI

Menasor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_XbHUNBses

I have to wonder if the real reason Hasbro retooled Silverbolt into Cyclonus/Galvatronus without providing official Decepticon limbs is because they realized they needed to provide a figure to replace Motormaster as the core of the gestalt. :-?
Bradimus
Pretender
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Bradimus wrote:I have to wonder if the real reason Hasbro retooled Silverbolt into Cyclonus/Galvatronus without providing official Decepticon limbs is because they realized they needed to provide a figure to replace Motormaster as the core of the gestalt. :-?
I wouldn't bet on that, but that's what I'll be using the Stunticon limbs for. Galvatronus. It's almost a shame, really, as Cyclonus by himself is a pretty good figure. Maybe I'll get 2 of them. Such is Hasbro's plan. Make us buy more. Image
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby padfoo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:23 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Amazon is really asking a lot for these preorders. I guess this means they will have them instock. I just could not stomach paying these prices, good for those who can.
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:14 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cobotron wrote:
Shuttershock wrote: " AND I'M GONNA MAKE IT A PART OF YOU!!!" :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ahahahahahahahahaha! FOOL! Pain is my friend—allow me to introduce YOU to it!" :KREMZEEK:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Yotsuyasan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Even with tax (I miss the days of yore when Amazon didn't charge tax), Hotspot is cheaper on Amazon then he is on TFSource, so I canceled my order there and made one on Amazon, instead. But I am sticking with TFSource for the limbs, that is for sure!

Hope Groove might show up on Amazon soon... I missed the chance to preorder him individually at TFSource, and I don't really care about anyone else in his wave.

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:48 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Rated X wrote:Also, here's a little eye candy... ;)

YEAH! Flush that turd!

Got my wave 2's from BBTS today, but I haven't opened them yet (the cat is insisting on lap time instead lol)

LOL!

Best pic I have EVER seen on this site in my four years here.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:55 am

padfoo wrote:Amazon is really asking a lot for these preorders. I guess this means they will have them instock. I just could not stomach paying these prices, good for those who can.

Good for you. Wait until they are 20% off again through HTS. They run that special with free shipping multiple times a year. Got all wave 2 Deluxes, Legends, and Motormaster for $87 total shipped. Essentially I paid retail for the four deluxes and Huffer and got Blackjack and Motormaster for FREE. Not to mention Leader Megs, which I nabbed for $37 shipped.

Patience is financially essential in this hobby. Especially at these prices.
Last edited by shockblast2 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby shockblast2 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:58 am

Agamemnon wrote:Anyone have a really loose Dead End? The rotating combiner port falls off pretty easily on mine, and the bot legs don't really stay pegged together well for arm mode. Perhaps I have a dud....

Really LOOSE? :grin:

No, mine was fine. Maybe yours has been turning tricks?

shockblast2
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 am

shockblast2 wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Anyone have a really loose Dead End? The rotating combiner port falls off pretty easily on mine, and the bot legs don't really stay pegged together well for arm mode. Perhaps I have a dud....

Really LOOSE? :grin:

No, mine was fine. Maybe yours has been turning tricks?

Well, that'll happen when Dead End is laying down pipe all day. :grin:
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Bradimus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:02 pm

The more I look at Skydive the more I think he will be heavily retooled to become Strafe. The shoulders are so unique, yet they would work well for Strafe to hold his weapons in whatever his jet mode is called.

We received a report that Scattershot will be a heavy retool of Silverbolt, and it's likely Lightspeed will be a retool of Dead End, so that only leaves Nosecone and Afterburner as new molds for Computron. And someone here suggested Nosecone may be a heavy retool of Rook, so maybe we are only looking at one new mold for the Technobots.

Taking that into account, and looking at the Combaticons who may not have a single new mold, just retools and heavy retools, I'd say Hasbro did a great job in designing reusable molds for maximum profitability.

That just blows me away. :michaelbay:
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Bradimus wrote:The more I look at Skydive the more I think he will be heavily retooled to become Strafe. The shoulders are so unique, yet they would work well for Strafe to hold his weapons in whatever his jet mode is called.

We received a report that Scattershot will be a heavy retool of Silverbolt, and it's likely Lightspeed will be a retool of Dead End, so that only leaves Nosecone and Afterburner as new molds for Computron. And someone here suggested Nosecone may be a heavy retool of Rook, so maybe we are only looking at one new mold for the Technobots.

Taking that into account, and looking at the Combaticons who may not have a single new mold, just retools and heavy retools, I'd say Hasbro did a great job in designing reusable molds for maximum profitability.

That just blows me away. :michaelbay:

Makes sense, and whatever mold afterburner would be, it would probably be that mold Takara uses for their groove on their defensor ;) But then again, doesnt that logic on Computron assume that it wont have a new member?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Editor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
william-james88 wrote:
Makes sense, and whatever mold afterburner would be, it would probably be that mold Takara uses for their groove on their defensor ;)

If... Afterburner is still a limb... You don't know, as a bike he could be getting the same treatment (but not same mold) as Groove. We could have a "newbie" on every team.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Bradimus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Editor wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Makes sense, and whatever mold afterburner would be, it would probably be that mold Takara uses for their groove on their defensor ;)

If... Afterburner is still a limb... You don't know, as a bike he could be getting the same treatment (but not same mold) as Groove. We could have a "newbie" on every team.

Is Afterburner a bike or a two wheeled armored car? He has a cockpit, so I think we'll get him as a limb, and that very well could mean Takara Defensor will give us our first look at the figure with their initial use as Groove. :-?
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Bradimus wrote:
Editor wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Is Afterburner a bike or a two wheeled armored car? He has a cockpit, so I think we'll get him as a limb, and that very well could mean Takara Defensor will give us our first look at the figure with their initial use as Groove. :-?

I always saw him as a tron type bike, kind of like Gen Chromia's alt mode.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby munkimus prime » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Motto: "I dislike fools and villains. And you seem to be both."
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
It is obvious that Afterburner will be a heavy retool of Gen Chromia. I am joking by the way.
99th Generation Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
munkimus prime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Watch munkimus prime on YouTube
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GAME OLDER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 game cartridge"
GAME OLDER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAND MILITARY MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
LAND MILITARY MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con DUALOR Transformers Armada complete 2002 Destruction Team 190613a"
Mini-Con DUALOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energon Blade parts for LASERBEAK / BUZZSAW Transformers Botcon 2006 230427B"
Energon Blade part ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRUELLOCK Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427B"
CRUELLOCK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427C"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON