This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Zeedust » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
My Powerglide holds together fine in gun mode, though I don't have either combiner complete yet... long story... So I haven't really tested him in that capacity.

And I happen to like his gun mode. It may not look like a traditional firearm, but it DOES look capable of unloading some serious punishment.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Thadicon » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Motto: "Theatricality and Deception, Powerful agents to the unintiated"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
Nemesis Primal wrote:My Powerglide holds together fine in gun mode, though I don't have either combiner complete yet... long story... So I haven't really tested him in that capacity.

And I happen to like his gun mode. It may not look like a traditional firearm, but it DOES look capable of unloading some serious punishment.

I must have got a good one too because mine fits nice and snug. I was pretty wrapped after hearing that a lot of others had been having problems with theirs.
Thadicon
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
PG is a bit of a hit and miss. Some are tight while others aren't.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Optimum Supreme » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
rickdraco wrote:Sadly as of yet we haven't even seen wave 2 yet on general release in the UK. I can't even get Air Raid to complete Superion on Ebay!

We haven't really in the US either. Hell, even wave 1 is super spotty at best. I had to shop online to get any of wave 2 other than Motormaster.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Optimum Supreme wrote:
rickdraco wrote:Sadly as of yet we haven't even seen wave 2 yet on general release in the UK. I can't even get Air Raid to complete Superion on Ebay!

We haven't really in the US either. Hell, even wave 1 is super spotty at best. I had to shop online to get any of wave 2 other than Motormaster.

Yeah, Wave 2 has not reached saturation yet in the retail market in northamerica. I dont foresee us reaching saturation with wave 3 untill well into June.

But online stores have wave 2, Rickdraco, if ever you want him NOW.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Combiner Wars Wave 3 Released In Manila (Philippines), With In Hand Images

Postby PhunkJunkion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Motto: "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well, since I'll be spending half of next month in Manila, this might just be a great chance to get my hands on some of the figures I've had trouble finding (or will have trouble finding) here.
PhunkJunkion
Minibot
Buy from PhunkJunkion on eBay
Alt Mode: The A-Team Van
Strength: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Crimson Prime » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 am

Optimum Supreme wrote:

Here in Australia I managed to snag the 4 wave 2 deluxes but no Motormaster or Blackjack yet :(
Crimson Prime
Mini-Con

Postby brokenchopstick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:45 am

Yotsuyasan wrote:
Anyway, Powerglide has no problem being held up by... himself! :lol:

brokenchopstick
Micromaster

Postby prjkt » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:56 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Ok, so wave three arrived today - photos to follow as usual.

Voyagers:

Hot Spot: Probably my favourite voyager of the Combiner Wars line so far, simply for how the combiner torso is formed - the ladder apparatus wraps around the entire figure, pegs into place holding the arms/combiner ports in place better than on OP/Motormaster and then the head pegs into place on the top G1 style (from the ladder).

Alt mode is probably the weakest, especially at the hips - the don't seem to peg in too well on my copy, but it's still a solid, believable airport-style fire engine.

Bot mode is Hotspot dead on. Blue Optimus prime-like head, red chest plate and red strips on his shoulders/legs. Really brings back memories of G1 Hotspot (who was one of my favourite toys as a kid - in fact I think I had all the Protectobots as a kid, but I don't ever recall combining them completely...)

Cyclonus: A surprising retool of Silverbolt in a couple of ways - his head no longer flips forward into the chest, instead simply rotating backwards - the "gap filler" part of the combiner torso flips into place much easier for it.

The heavily retooled parts made the alt-mode almost unrecognisable in comparison - very Cyclonus, and only the robot shoulders give hints that the mould originated with Silverbolt. The wings hold the arms and the legs into place (the legs are tougher to plug in that on SB.)

Again the retooled parts make bot mode quite unique, although due to transformation constraints, he doesn't quite have the long horns that I associate with Cyclones. I don't think he'll replace the RTS version on my Lost Light shelf, but I may stand him beside Mania King. I have to say the shade of purple they chose for this release is impeccable - quite a deep shade, with a gloss hint in parts - much to the contrast of the quite pale RTS version. Big points just for that.

Deluxes: One overall comment, compared to previous waves, the plastic here feels "stiffer" and less malleable, especially on First Aid.

Blades: Easy one up, no real changes from Alpha Bravo apart from a new head (with a nice angry grimace) and paint job. Same pros and cons as A/B.

First Aid: Quite a retool of Off Road - almost all the "shell" pieces are new, along with a new chest piece, only the front of the bonnet and the transformation scheme hint back at Off Road.

As he's no longer a ute style truck and more an ambulance, it seems to me that they've lowered the overall height a little - those windows seem quite small, but the overall bulk of the figure doesn't suffer IMO. As I've mentioned in the past, I wish there was still translucent plastic in use, especially for the light bars, but I'm not taking points off for that.

The legs in bot mode look a little weird with arm shaped cutouts down the sides, but otherwise no faults here - and head sculpt looks straight out of MTMTE - big positives.

Streetwise: Retool of Deadend (apart from Blades, the most obvious one - and even then you've gotta take a good look.) I'm not sure if it's due to the plastic in use, but he comes together in alt and limb mode better than dead end, and the peg holes aren't as loose (big positives for that hand/foot attachment.)

Alt mode, of the protectobots, looks the most "futuristic" - something you'd see in Back to the Future's version of 2015, but not so out of place that he doesn't fit in with the rest of the team. Again those lightbars need translucence....

Again that head sculpt is quite comic accurate from what I can recall, and the bot mode has all the pros and cons (minus the looseness) that apply Dead End.

Rook: The new mould/new character of the wave, first impressions are you would not want to be in his way - in all modes he looks solid, beefy, and would pack one hell of a punch.

Transformation is quite simple, and a bit of fun, but the end result is a bit nondescript. A tapered box on wheels, but I guess that's what SWAT vans are in real life?

Head sculpt looks like a bot wearing an American Gridiron helmet, and there's no doubt of his allegiance with the Autobot sigil smack bang on his forehead. The whole upper front end of his alt mode ends up on his back, but it's not in the way much, and does hint that potential retools in the future could be quite different.

Legends:

Warpath: Deep red repaint of Legends Megatron. Haven't opened as I've already got Deluxe Gen Warpath on my shelf.

Viper: Blue repaint of Powerglide with a new head and big Cobra/Decepticon sigil on his chest. His legs still have trouble coming together for alt/weapon mode, so no real difference from PG.

Groove: My favourite Legends figure of Combiner Wars so far.

His alt mode is a sleeker, modernised version of the G1 toy, but actually has leg and arm articulation in bot mode. Though his legs are a little long in proportion.

His combiner add-on mode beats Blackjack hands down - there's a peg on Defensor's chest that connects to the centre of Groove, and there are pegs on Groove's arms that hold onto Defensor's chest quite well - no chance of him falling off with the slightest touch like with Blackjack/Menasor.

Overall: I might be saying this simply because he's new, but Defensor might be, at least in my opinion, the best combiner so far. Four solid limb bots, the best voyager/legends pair so far and the best overall proportions.
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby prjkt » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:37 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
just a few "teaser" shots to get you started.
"Where's the emergency?"
Groove hangin' on
Cyclonus' less than happy face
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Possible Combiner Wars Prowl Or Ratchet Reveal

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Editors note: After internal discussion, it's uncertain as to whether or not this is Prowl or Ratchet, and because of this we've amended this news article to address this change. The problem is the head crest, it makes it difficult to tell whether it's Prowl or Ratchet, seeing as this mold would be perfect for either figure.

Thanks to fellow fan, collector and Seibertronian, chuckdawg1999, we have our first look at what appears to be a new Combiner Wars Deluxe Class figure! Looks like it could be either Prowl (since he's an SUV in the IDW comics) or Ironhide's "brother" Ratchet! (Ironhide appears to be using the Offroad version of this mold, and as history has shown us time and again, Ironhide and Ratchet share the same mold with slight modifications.)

Chuck shared the images he found with us and wanted us to share them with you, the community, so here they are!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The following images are from the back of First Aid's comic. As you can see the head design is very different and features Prowl's (or Ratchet's) horns.

Now, we must put this disclaimer in place: We cannot guarantee that this is, in fact, Combiner Wars Prowl or Ratchet, but it's not the first time that images such as these have indicated a future figure's release and as we know by now, Prowl is in computer systems as an upcoming figure release for sometime in the future. Chances are he will be released in the form the image suggests.

You might have already noticed, but if it hasn't become clear yet, the mold is a share with Offroad and First Aid, but featuring a new head with horns and likely a drastically changed paint job. (You can see Offroad's gallery by clicking here)

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Hero Alpha » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Well since First Aid is one of my fav CW figures, I'm not that excited about Prowl sharing the mold since its not that Prowlish to me. I do need a good Prowl but I dont think this is it.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Moonshot wrote:Well since First Aid is one of my fav CW figures, I'm not that excited about Prowl sharing the mold since its not that Prowlish to me. I do need a good Prowl but I dont think this is it.

Interesting factoid I just learned: Prowl is an SUV in the IDW comics. This is as close to comic Prowl as we're going to get, it seems. I, like you, tend to forget that while the combiners themselves are going for G1 as much as possible in the toyline, the characters are IDW all the way. IDW and G1 technically aren't always the same universe, they just so happen to be interchangeable, which works for everyone.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Good eye Chuckdawg!

I was kinda hoping Prowl would be made from Rook. The way the wheels are in his chest is similar to the way Prowl is drawn in the comics currently. But this will be cool. Off Road is a fun mold.

I'm excited for the Autobot team! :BOT:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby LegendaryAntiHero » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Check out my Defensor review, guys. Also, please be sure to subscribe to my channel. That would be greatly appreciated
Like More than Meets the Eye on Facebook
Please sub to my Youtube for Transformers video reviews
http://www.youtube.com/LegendaryAntiHero
LegendaryAntiHero
Pretender
Watch LegendaryAntiHero on YouTube

Postby peaces » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:16 pm

prowl as a car would've been too similar to all the other cars. glad we get another truck.
peaces
Vehicon

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:27 pm

So Prowl gets the Fist Aid version and Ironhide gets the Offroad version?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Shuttershock » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:44 pm

RiddlerJ wrote:So Prowl gets the Fist Aid version and Ironhide gets the Offroad version?

To quote the tfwiki, "Behold! The might of redeco potential!"
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby luks0r » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:48 pm

C'mob guys, I created an account just to contribute this which I'm surprised nobody else thought.

SUV. Horns. Re-mold of First Aid. The other one is Ironhide.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.
luks0r
Mini-Con

Postby jbellanca » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:48 pm

BUT - wouldn't it make more sense to release him with (or right after) the Constructicons and have him be an alternate head/upper torso to Devastator?
jbellanca
Mini-Con
Buy from jbellanca on eBay

Postby Editor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Just because the current looks from IDW are being used, releasing Prowl as a Devastator component would be outright confusing for many people who don't follow the comics.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby sol magnus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Probably is, but the head doesn't look right. Looks more like Ratchet to me.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
At first I tricked my eyes into thinking the door panel on the right arm was a saw blade attachment and I was like "Aww hell, ultimate twist, it's Pharma!" but then I blinked a bit, let reality settle in, and realized that was wrong and dumb.

Anyway, my money here would be on Prowl since that's been a rumored release for awhile, but given that Ironhide has also been rumored for some time Ratchet wouldn't be outside the realm of impossibility. Really though, they'll probably all get done in some form or another.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Powered Convoy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:16 pm

luks0r wrote:C'mob guys, I created an account just to contribute this which I'm surprised nobody else thought.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.

Yeah seems much more likely to be Ratchet to me.

Vehicle mode and the shape of the horns (no center crest) screams Ratchet to me instead of Prowl.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:19 pm

Powered Convoy wrote:
luks0r wrote:C'mob guys, I created an account just to contribute this which I'm surprised nobody else thought.

RATCHET, PEOPLE!!!!!

At least I hope so.

Yeah seems much more likely to be Ratchet to me.

Vehicle mode and the shape of the horns (no center crest) screams Ratchet to me instead of Prowl.

Randy

Think it's going to be Prowl. The current IDW Transformers comics already have Prowl in this form.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 MAY230283 344C (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #337 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 OCT220216 337B (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #337 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #28 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM306 28B (CA) Tomaselli (W) Layman"
NEW!
SCORCHED #28 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #10 Cvr B Dynamic Forces DF Image Comics 2024 (CA) Haeser 240210B"
KING SPAWN #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2021 JUN218205 1G (CA) Cates (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM223 350A (CA) Lee"
SPAWN #350 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #14 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220216 14B (CA) Nachlik (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #14 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM408 27B (CA) Aguillo (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #27 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #1 Cvr B virgin Image Comics 2023 NOV220030 1B Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230281 344A (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #18 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 NOV220243 18A (CA) Mack (W) Lewis 230906"
KING SPAWN #18 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 OCT210017 1C Spawn (CA) Capullo (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON