This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 am

Think it's going to be Prowl using the CW First Aid toy. As Prowl is already using this for his current IDW comic form.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 11, 2015 9:46 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tsutsukakushi wrote:Think it's going to be Prowl using the CW First Aid toy. As Prowl is already using this for his current IDW comic form.
Then what mold would Ratchet use?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon May 11, 2015 9:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
Tsutsukakushi wrote:Think it's going to be Prowl using the CW First Aid toy. As Prowl is already using this for his current IDW comic form.

Are you even sure we're getting Ratchet? As it stands, we have these character listings:

Sunstreaker (Breakdown)
Mirage (Drag Strip)
Ironhide (Offroad)
Prowl
Smokescreen
Wheeljack
Trailbreaker
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Are you even sure we're getting Ratchet? As it stands, we have these character listings:

Sunstreaker (Breakdown)
Mirage (Drag Strip)
Ironhide (Offroad)
Prowl
Smokescreen
Wheeljack
Trailbreaker
The headsculpt we saw on the First Aid remold was definitely more Ratchet-based than Prowl-based (no central forehead crest, which is a key aspect of G1 Prowl's helmet), and anywho the Streetwise mold is virtually a Prowl body with a Streetwise head as it is.

Besides, it makes more sense for both First Aid and Ironhide to share a mold with Ratchet than with Prowl.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Mon May 11, 2015 10:57 am

I totally agree on the head being Ratchet. The sides angle out sharply, and the crest doesn't have the middle part like Prowl. It's very Ratchet all around. I wouldn't argue if they put out Ironhide and Ratchet. In fact, I'd be mad if they put one out without the other.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 11, 2015 11:44 am

gothsaurus wrote:I totally agree on the head being Ratchet. The sides angle out sharply, and the crest doesn't have the middle part like Prowl. It's very Ratchet all around. I wouldn't argue if they put out Ironhide and Ratchet. In fact, I'd be mad if they put one out without the other.
Here's David Willis's latest digibash of the potential Ratchet remold:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby gothsaurus » Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 pm

That's really close to on point! If only they could flatten the chest area to take the blue "window" all the way across. BUT have to say, it's really decent. Head sculpt looks spot on IMHO. It may come close to taking Botcon Ratchet out of my #1 spot.... maybe....
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Is Blackjack worth owning by himself? I know his main appeal is that he's the chest piece to Menasor, but I won't get the Stunticons, so for me that's irrelevant. I saw Blackjack and Huffer at my Target yesterday and I almost picked him up, but was undecided. What made me hesitate was the thought that his function as the chest is the main purpose for the figure, and that his robot mode may suffer due to this. Does it? Or is it a well-poseable, solid figure?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby no-one » Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:Is Blackjack worth owning by himself? I know his main appeal is that he's the chest piece to Menasor, but I won't get the Stunticons, so for me that's irrelevant. I saw Blackjack and Huffer at my Target yesterday and I almost picked him up, but was undecided. What made me hesitate was the thought that his function as the chest is the main purpose for the figure, and that his robot mode may suffer due to this. Does it? Or is it a well-poseable, solid figure?

Yes he is, fun little figure with lots of personality. Fun transformation and very poseable. I like the mold enough that I will probably pick up the Rodimus repaint.
Last edited by no-one on Tue May 12, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby megatronus » Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Rodimus Prime wrote:Is Blackjack worth owning by himself? I know his main appeal is that he's the chest piece to Menasor, but I won't get the Stunticons, so for me that's irrelevant. I saw Blackjack and Huffer at my Target yesterday and I almost picked him up, but was undecided. What made me hesitate was the thought that his function as the chest is the main purpose for the figure, and that his robot mode may suffer due to this. Does it? Or is it a well-poseable, solid figure?

I think you've got it backwards - he's a fun little figure who happens to be configurable as a chest plate. If his main purpose is to be a chest plate, than Powerglide's main purpose is to be a gun for Superion, which we know is not the case.

Blackjack's 100% worth getting on his own.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby MrBlack » Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Blackjack is a fun, poseable figure with a great alt-mode. Definitely worth having.

The mold is being used for Rodimus sometime down the line, so you could always wait if you'd rather pick up a character you have more a connection to.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue May 12, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm definitely getting Rodimus. I'll pick up Blackjack as well. I just wasn't sure how much the chest feature dominates the figure. Thanks.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby galvatron00 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Genericon #378 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue May 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I wish they had Rodimus and Groove in a 2-pack. I'd be all over that. I don't care for Skywarp.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Tue May 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
itscramtastic wrote:Wave 4 Legends pre-orders up at BBTS! http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=combiner%20legends%2004
I saw this in my email.
32 bucks for two legends...
and 42 bucks for four legends?

Seriously am I seeing that right? :???:
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 4 legends now available for preorder

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian Itscramtastic has just told us that Bigbadtoystore now has preorders for the wave 4 Combiner Wars Legends figures. The two new figures in wave 4 are Rodimus and Skywarp, both redecos of other Combiner Wars figures already released this year: Combiner Wars Blackjack and Thundercracker respectively (and we all know the later is a redeco of Starscream). These items are currently, and tentatively, slated for a June release.

They are available in 3 different assortments:

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Case of 8

2x TRA GEN LEGENDS PROTECTOBOT GROOVE
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS WARPATH
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
2x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Set of 4

1x TRA GEN LEGENDS PROTECTOBOT GROOVE
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS WARPATH
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 04 Revision 06 - Set of 2 (Rodimus & Skywarp)

1x TRA GEN LEGENDS RODIMUS
1x TRA GEN LEGENDS SKYWARP
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Agamemnon » Tue May 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
shajaki wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Wave 4 Legends pre-orders up at BBTS! http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=combiner%20legends%2004
I saw this in my email.

Probably because Groove and Warpath were available in a previous wave. So there will be an abundance of them. Business sense/inventory control vying against customer satisfaction, me thinks....
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby MrBlack » Tue May 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
shajaki wrote:
I saw this in my email.

BBTS is really jacking up the prices on the Legends class figures that people want. Groove is $13.99, Rodimus and Skywarp are over $15 each and only available together, and Viper isn't even available as an individual figure. Keeping in mind that these are $9.99 at American retail.

Forget that.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 10+

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Great - wave4 Combiner wars legends 'available for pre-order'.

And Hasbrotoyshop.com doesn't even have wave3 listed yet. Why is Hasbro's official online distributor so woefully behind the curve when it comes to making their OWN products available? They are Hasbro - they've got the direct pipeline to the factories that make their own products. Yet for some reason, they're the absolute last to have them available.

Frustrating as snot.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue May 12, 2015 2:39 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
megatronus wrote:

I think you've got it backwards - he's a fun little figure who happens to be configurable as a chest plate. If his main purpose is to be a chest plate, than Powerglide's main purpose is to be a gun for Superion, which we know is not the case.

Blackjack's 100% worth getting on his own.

I don't completely agree, especially at a $10 price point. I will say he doesn't suffer as a result of his combination status, as that mode is literally just his car mode, so if that's your only concern, yeah, he's fine, I just don't feel he's a great value for what he is on his own.

The Powerglide comparison doesn't fit, IMO, because Powerglide's a long standing character, with many notable appearances in fiction. Blackjacks a sorta homage of one character, with a sorta deco of another, with another sort of homage as part of Menasor and really not (yet anyway) a character with a real solid identity. That would be a much more valid comparison with the Hot Rod version of the mold.

None of which is to say you're wrong about Blackjack if you like him without considering Menasor. If you like him on his own great, but I just have a different opinion about his solo value.
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 12, 2015 2:40 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:40 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:There better not be some sort of Bumblebee cop-out.

What do you mean by that?

He probably means we don't want another brazza-frakkin' Bumblebee figure.... Though making him part of a combiner like Neo Prime WOULD be the ideal way for Hasbro to force us into buying yet ANOTHER bleepity-bleep-bleep Bumblebee.....
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Shockwave7 wrote:They are Hasbro
That is a misnomer. HTS =/= Hasbro itself.

Is HTS then not Hasbro's official commercial online distributor? Do they not officially bear the logo of, and therefore represent, the toy manufacturer known on this planet under the nomenclature of "Hasbro" in terms of providing the products which are produced, manufactured and sold by the aforementioned company known Hasbro?
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ptg Cvr D 1:10 virgin foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249151"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230207 1D (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr J LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240114 2J (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZG FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247377 2ZG (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #2 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics AUG231236 2C Hardman"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKELETOR vs HE-MAN Masters of the Universe Minis MOTU SDCC Comic-Con 2013 New"
SKELETOR vs HE-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZK foil trade dress Dynamite Comics JAN247413 1ZJ (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240193 3F (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr V 1:40 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230225 1V (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr S 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics DEC230222 1S (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr X FOC Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247369 2X (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr G Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240194 3G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON