This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby MaverickPrime » Wed May 27, 2015 1:44 pm

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Burn wrote: ALL the cassettes can form any limb. Army of One (and co.) and really taking the Scramble City idea to the max.

I...I don't really think the world is ready for so much awesomeness :BOWDOWN:
But hey, if one can dream...imagine, just try to imagine Soundwave combining with all his cassettes...AT ONCE, like, Frenzy and Rumble combining into an arm, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw into a wingpack, Slugfest and Overkill into a leg, Beastbox and Squalktalk the other leg and Ravage and Ratbat into the other arm...just try to picture it... :michaelbay:
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Bradimus » Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Burn wrote:Gotta love how we're all (myself included) so short sighted that we only talk about Soundwaves original little buddies, forgetting the ones that came along later.

Heck, Ratbat has gotten just as much love as the others but none of us mentioned him!

So here's a fantasy for you all.

Soundwave, as the torso, ALL the cassettes can form any limb. Army of One (and co.) and really taking the Scramble City idea to the max.

I'm game.

Rumble using Rook's mold. I think it works well as the demolitions expert.

Frenzy using the Streetwise mold. The sirens fit with his sonic "battle cry."

Garboil using the Air Raid mold. He generates "a powerful cacophonic blast with a subsonic override signal" that fits the F-14 well.

Glit using the First Aid mold as he is a doctor.

Howlback also using the Rook mold. She fires "Multi-Track Missiles" and has a "Feedbacker Shield" so I can see this mold working well for her.

Beastbox also using the Rook mold. As he pummels opponents into scrap I can see him using the giant combiner fists in battle.

Ratbat using the Firefly mold. The wing kibble looks like a cape and the Harrier fits with Ratbat's flying style.

Enemy using the Breakdown mold. I don't know what his ability is, so I'm going with a cool look for the little lunatic. If he is supposed to be Rumble in the wrong colors and given a new name for marketing then why not another Rook mold? Talk about making Soundwave Superior a beast!

Buzzsaw using the Skydive mold. Both are strategists and I'm looking for an excuse to use the mold.

Sundor using the Alpha Bravo mold. He has "automatic-targeting blasters that fire Corona rays" that might be best used by a helicopter.

Flip Sides using the Alpha Bravo mold. She has the ability to manage "waves of remote-controlled combat drones" which might best be suited to a helicopter as it hovers over the battlefield. The Firefly mold could be an option as well.

Wingthing using the Viper mold. He's basically a target master.

The rest need beast forms and as we don't know if we are getting any I'll leave that speculation to someone else. >:oP
Bradimus
Pretender
News Credits: 3
Watch Bradimus on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Bradimus » Wed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Bradimus wrote:Rumble using Rook's mold. I think it works well as the demolitions expert.

Frenzy using the Streetwise mold. The sirens fit with his sonic "battle cry."

Just so there is no confusion, I want to describe my vision for Rumble and Frenzy's paint schemes.

Rumble is blue with blue highlights.

Frenzy is a black police car, with his hidden robot mode parts painted in red.

So basically, they have their cartoon color schemes. =;

But that's just my vision. For all I care they can both be blue if that makes everyone happy since they are completely different molds. :PEACE:
Bradimus
Pretender

Postby Sir Soundwave42 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

I would love if we got a Soundwave from the Optimus Prime mold but I don't want Laserbeak or any other minions to be deluxe class
Sir Soundwave42
Mini-Con

Postby Moosey » Wed May 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I'd be down with a Soundwave/Casseticons combiner. However, I will point out that legends class Stripes was rumored a while ago, so I'm not getting too excited for a full combiner in the thoughts that we could just get legends class figs to go with Soundwave, which would be cool, but not nearly as AWESOME as a full combiner.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby Bradimus » Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Moosey wrote:I'd be down with a Soundwave/Casseticons combiner. However, I will point out that legends class Stripes was rumored a while ago, so I'm not getting too excited for a full combiner in the thoughts that we could just get legends class figs to go with Soundwave, which would be cool, but not nearly as AWESOME as a full combiner.

Right, but Burn posed the question of full on Scramble City speculation fun, so with that in mind what would your Soundwave Superior look like? /:)
Bradimus
Pretender

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak

Postby MrBlack » Wed May 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Va'al wrote:Continuing from yesterday's Combiner Wars related Soundwave post on the official Transformers Facebook page, fellow Seibertronian Moonshot has spotted an update featuring Laserbeak, in the same vein as the Decepticon believer - check out the page's description and the mirrored image below!

Soundwave has sent noted Decepticon spy Laserbeak to learn everything he can about the Combiners. He’ll be sending reports all summer long, so check in to see the latest Combiner news.

Secondary pursuit canon, eh?

G1 I assume. ;)
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby no-one » Wed May 27, 2015 3:18 pm

If there is a Soundwave Superior, I would like to see any of beasty minions stay with a beast mode. I think the twins should be motorcycles. Looks like we are pretty likely to get a moto-mold.

MaverickPrime through out a neat idea of Legend class minions combining to form limbs. That's asking for too much, but an idea I can fully get behind.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed May 27, 2015 3:45 pm

...and then, 2 years later, we'll get Shattered Glass versions, and thus allow me to have another SG Ravage :-D
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Moosey » Wed May 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Bradimus wrote:
Moosey wrote:I'd be down with a Soundwave/Casseticons combiner. However, I will point out that legends class Stripes was rumored a while ago, so I'm not getting too excited for a full combiner in the thoughts that we could just get legends class figs to go with Soundwave, which would be cool, but not nearly as AWESOME as a full combiner.

Right, but Burn posed the question of full on Scramble City speculation fun, so with that in mind what would your Soundwave Superior look like? /:)

I'll get back to you later! This is like asking someone to choose which of their children is their favorite!! :lol: But I most definitely will decide.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Moosey
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Wed May 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Just hoping Hasbro for the CW toy line. Does not create a CW Deluxe groove in funky neon G-2 colors and that's it for the American release.

Won't mind Hasbro for America, Only releasing CW Deluxe Groove in a gift set. As long as it's in G-1 deco colors.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Promotional Image Featuring Laserbeak

Postby Moosey » Wed May 27, 2015 7:19 pm

MrBlack wrote:
Va'al wrote:Continuing from yesterday's Combiner Wars related Soundwave post on the official Transformers Facebook page, fellow Seibertronian Moonshot has spotted an update featuring Laserbeak, in the same vein as the Decepticon believer - check out the page's description and the mirrored image below!

Soundwave has sent noted Decepticon spy Laserbeak to learn everything he can about the Combiners. He’ll be sending reports all summer long, so check in to see the latest Combiner news.

Secondary pursuit canon, eh?

G1 I assume. ;)

Haha not sure if hasbro just made a typo or if that's just a clever pun, either way it kinda makes sense as a pun.
I'm Back From The Grave.

Moosey
Headmaster Jr

Postby peaces » Wed May 27, 2015 7:50 pm

mmm blaster combiner repaint
peaces
Vehicon

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Well I just got this from UPS, decided to take pics in the park. :D He's nice, though I honestly like Alpha bravo as an individual better; i've joked but he is the hero; and to be the hero he needs to be separate from superion. I think when I get Firefly and Air-raid i'm going to come back to the fountain and take pics of the original limbs as a barber shop quartet.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby King Kuuga » Wed May 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Is Quickslinger's white plastic really that much more vibrant than Alpha Bravo's or is it just the lighting?
King Kuuga
Gestalt
Speed: 7
Courage: 6

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
noctorro wrote:
When is Devastator released for the main market?

If you mean brick and mortar stores, I would say late summer early fall. This guess comes from the fact that online retailers will be releasing him in the summer.

You cans stay up to date on his designated thread.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Agamemnon » Wed May 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That Bot wrote:Is Quickslinger's white plastic really that much more vibrant than Alpha Bravo's or is it just the lighting?

It appears that my Quickslinger is just a bit brighter than Alpha Bravo. Perhaps sunlight enhances this difference. It's 9:20 PM here, so I can't confirm that. But in my LED lit basement, Quickslinger is just noticeably brighter.
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed May 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Agamemnon wrote:
That Bot wrote:Is Quickslinger's white plastic really that much more vibrant than Alpha Bravo's or is it just the lighting?

It appears that my Quickslinger is just a bit brighter than Alpha Bravo. Perhaps sunlight enhances this difference. It's 9:20 PM here, so I can't confirm that. But in my LED lit basement, Quickslinger is just noticeably brighter.

I took the pictures at about 6pm in Portland OR's South Park Blocks. It is a bright picture, but Quickslinger's white is slightly brighter, than Alpha bravo's, in fact the tone and saturation of all of his colors are different. Example Yes those are remains of a frappuccino I was having.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Speed: 5
Courage: 3

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Got CW Brake Neck and Quickslinger in the mail today.

Quickslinger's robot head and helmet look like a hotdog in a bun. :lol: think it looks more like this on the Takara unite version as their is no blue sunglasses.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander

Postby Dagon » Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I picked up Blades and Streetwise yesterday.

I've got Alpha Bravo, it's a fine toy. But as Blades, this mold is really good. It's better because Blades is actually a character, and not like a generic throw away with the most generic name in the franchise.
If they do make Combaticons, I would hope for some real modification to this mold for Vortex, as it's fine as a rescue type helicopter, but it doesn't really say military or attack chopper to me. I know original Vortex is a basic helicopter as well, but I don;t think this CW copter is really working for me as a military one. Strangely though, chop off the rotor, add some wings, and I'd see this as Blast Off.

Yes, I know I'm months late with this idea. I don't really care though. I'm going to bring it back to cool.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Sowndwave76 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Is there any rumor/word on future releases for this line?
I would love to see both the Combaticons and Predacons.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sowndwave76 wrote:Is there any rumor/word on future releases for this line?
I would love to see both the Combaticons and Predacons.

We have one more team for this year, though not the one you think.

Legends
Rodimus (retool of Blackjack)
Skywarp (redeco of Starscream)

Deluxe
Prowl (Dead End or Streetwise)
Ironhide (Offroad)
Mirage (Dragstrip)
Sunstreaker (Breakdown)

Voyager
A supposed white redeco of Optimus Prime, who serves as the torso for Optimus Maximus

Here are some listings that were found recently, but take note they may be for next year and details are unknown:

Legends
Shockwave
Autobot Pipes
Chop Shop
Buzzsaw
Rewind
Wreck-Gar
Autobot Stripes

Deluxe
Vortex
Blast Off
Decepticon Brawl
Swindle

Wheeljack
Smokescreen
Trailbreaker

Voyager
Onslaught
Scattershot

Leader
Starscream
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:21 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Leader
Starscream

Awesome rundown, but I think Starscream is this year as he is the only one who we already have in hand images of and he would be the leader to go with the final CW wave this year.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby albnok » Thu May 28, 2015 11:18 am

I always wondered what the slot numbers would be for the returning members.

Quickslinger is 4 of 5 correctly in place of Alpha Bravo:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/view/generations-combiner-wars/quickslinger/3666/1/6/

Brake-Neck is 2 of 5 incorrectly replacing Dead End:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/view/generations-combiner-wars/brake-neck/3665/1/5/
albnok
Minibot
Watch albnok on YouTube

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON