This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby peaces » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:51 am

i wish rodimus wasn't crappy
peaces
Vehicon

Re: Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Skywarp

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Va'al wrote:Fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999 was able to grab the third Seeker from the Combiner Wars Legends class line, part of wave 4 of the line overall which has been appearing at retail this month. There are some changes, it seems, so check out the video review below!

Skywarp completes the G1 Seeker trio quite nicely. Sure it's a repaint of Starscream but that was a solid mold, one I think is much better than the Classics Deluxe mold. Finding this online may be tough due to mark ups and scalping so an in-store purchase may be your best route.

IT may complete the trio in other countries.....but here in the UK....we've still to get Starscream
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 am

Also!

Do you think we'll ever get the Dinobots as part of the Combiner Wars? I mean.....we're already getting Sky Lynx.....so anything is possible I s'pose
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Rodimus.. another figure that deserves its own, much larger, mold. >:oP :-( :BANG_HEAD:
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby peaces » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:24 am

we might, we might not. aoe ruined them. what a **** movie.
peaces
Vehicon

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:29 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Stuartmaximus wrote:Also!

Do you think we'll ever get the Dinobots as part of the Combiner Wars? I mean.....we're already getting Sky Lynx.....so anything is possible I s'pose

As much as I'd like to, the chances are nil. Didn't Hasbro say at SDCC that any beastformers for CW weren't in the cards? They shot down rumors of Predaking and a Dinobot combiner. Which I suppose reflects on them not producing Terrorcons and Seacons as well.

Although, with any luck, maybe Titan Wars will show some reuses of the molds as a sub line, assuming any deluxe class figures will not be directly related to the Titan figure's function and won't be dedicated entirely to the suspected _____master systems. Fingers crossed for Technobots!
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby RAR » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Hasbro shoot themselves in the foot by saying they won't make something the 3rd parties can rub their hands in glee and then go out and make things like Horrorcons, Terrorcons, and so on for quite some time.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
RAR wrote:Hasbro shoot themselves in the foot by saying they won't make something the 3rd parties can rub their hands in glee and then go out and make things like Horrorcons, Terrorcons, and so on for quite some time.

They are already making them, this wont change anything. And people will buy them for 100$ a piece and then years later Hasbro will release their own version and then the 3p version will have a lower secondary market value. Nothing really changes from them saying anything.

Stuartmaximus wrote:Also!

No, for 2 reasons:

1. Hasbro already said there will be no beast combiners in the near future (at least 2 years).
2.They are instead releasing these dinobots under the generations Emblem:

They all have classic heads like this:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Then how do they explain Sky Lynx? coz he's a beast!(a mythical one at that), granted he only makes up the main body of a combiner! & the limbs are not beasts......but still!
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:Then how do they explain Sky Lynx? coz he's a beast!(a mythical one at that), granted he only makes up the main body of a combiner! & the limbs are not beasts......but still!

I cant explain it. I can only tell you what Habro said. They said that any traditional combiners with beast alt modes you might have been expecting are currently not in development.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:35 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:Then how do they explain Sky Lynx? coz he's a beast!(a mythical one at that), granted he only makes up the main body of a combiner! & the limbs are not beasts......but still!

I cant explain it. I can only tell you what Habro said. They said that any traditional combiners with beast alt modes you might have been expecting are currently not in development.

Well....I've obviously exposed a loophole right there!
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

It's either beast combiners all together like Predaking, Abominus (Legion redeco please), Piranacon and Monstructor, or Beast Wars combiners like God Neptune, Magnaboss and Tripredacus.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

There's a difference between a torso, and an entire set of of 5, that would, logistically, have to be retooled several times to appease G1'ers and make a profit. Unless they have some clever use of the skylynx mold waiting for us, I think that was just a love letter to fans.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 pm

I love it: Hasbro puts tons of effort into Combiner Wars (and repaints), and special effort on Devastator. Fan poll for favorite combiner is created: Predaking (the one they didn't plan on making) wins. :grin:
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Sky Lynx's altmode is a vehicle. The dinobird mode is his robot mode, so he can get around the "no beast combiners" thing.

And, when he was revealed at the panel at BotCon, it seemed like the Hasbro team just really really REALLY wanted to do Sky Lynx for some reason.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Ironhidensh wrote:Rodimus.. another figure that deserves its own, much larger, mold. >:oP :-( :BANG_HEAD:
He did.

Several times:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The only beast combiners they might do are the ones that don't exist? Doesnt sound like anything anyone would ever want.

Black Bumblebee wrote:I love it: Hasbro puts tons of effort into Combiner Wars (and repaints), and special effort on Devastator. Fan poll for favorite combiner is created: Predaking (the one they didn't plan on making) wins. :grin:

But he wouldnt make sense as scramble city combiner since he was not done that way in G1. The only animal combiners Hasbro are leaving out (not including redecos) by not adding to this scramble city concept are Abimimus and Piranacacon. He will be released as a rightfully intended titan class figure (if you want the real G1 experience) in the years to come so I wouldnt worry about that.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Ironhidensh » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Rodimus.. another figure that deserves its own, much larger, mold. >:oP :-( :BANG_HEAD:
He did.

Several times:

[-(
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 pm

william-james88 wrote:

So lemme get this right! we're NOT getting any beast combiners! well that can't be right....coz Abominus, Predaking & Piranhacon were part of G1 lore! so how can Hasbro justify having other G1 Combiners.....but not include them? + Tripredicus wasn't part of the traditional combiners with beast alt modes(as far as I can remember! I dunno about the comics....but he didn't appear in any of the G1 cartoons, granted the Tripredicus Council appeared on Beast Wars) also....the Dinobots were not traditional combiners! they never had a combiner feature in G1, it was only a third party that developed that(& for all I know....it may have appeared in the comics).

Look! I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't understand Hasbro's justification of not including beast form combiners!

+ who knows...knowing Hasbro....& their affinity for retools and repaints in CW...We could've ended up with something like this....http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachmen ... ots-v2.jpg
Last edited by Stuartmaximus on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

So lemme get this right! we're NOT getting any beast combiners! well that can't be right....coz Abominus, Predaking & Piranhacon were part of G1 lore! so how can Hasbro justify having other G1 Combiners.....but not include them? + Tripredicus wasn't part of the traditional combiners with beast alt modes(as far as I can remember! I dunno about the comics....but he didn't appear in any of the G1 cartoons, granted the Tripredicus Council appeared on Beast Wars) also....the Dinobots were not traditional combiners! they never had a combiner feature in G1, it was only a third party that developed that(& for all I know....it may have appeared in the comics).

Because, vehicles are disparately different from animals. beast combiners have all sorts of vestigial alt-mode limbs that will need dealing with, plus all that additional weight would weigh the combined mode down. And no matter how easy I've stated it would be, it would still require a lot more molds to be made, you can't just swap the hood of the car and call it a new character (while you could swap beast heads cleverly, you would need to replace ALL beast mode limbs appropriately to boot) and hasbro has shown that they would probably go the 'heavy re-mold' route if they did, which would require additional planning so as to include everyone, and make sure they make the best use of each remolding; even then, it may require sacrifice G1'ers aren't willing to accept.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Laugh : It's Optimus Prime

Postby RAR » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:07 pm

I recall noticing the response on many forums to the reveal of Combiner Wars Optimus Prime was either indignation or laughter.

Does he looks strange to people now or have you got used to it - I though I'd ask as I just noticed again recently how damn strange looking Energon Super Base Optimus Prime looks as a toy - It made me wonder will people look back in years to come and think - he was a bit odd looking.

I can kind of see what Hasbro were getting at he's a bit like the preceding IDW Prime, with some elements of Hero Prime and Classics Prime thrown in he has the tail light design from G1 Optimus - and even some Energon Prime in the Torso mode and how the missing paint on the truck mode make it look like the white parts on that toy.

But some might look at it and just think he's rather wide looking and has a very small head.

I might guess some people might be happy with it as Motormaster more than as Optimus.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Re: Laugh : It's Optimus Prime

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:28 pm

RAR wrote:I recall noticing the response on many forums to the reveal of Combiner Wars Optimus Prime was either indignation or laughter.

Does he looks strange to people now or have you got used to it - I though I'd ask as I just noticed again recently how damn strange looking Energon Super Base Optimus Prime looks as a toy - It made me wonder will people look back in years to come and think - he was a bit odd looking.

I can kind of see what Hasbro were getting at he's a bit like the preceding IDW Prime, with some elements of Hero Prime and Classics Prime thrown in he has the tail light design from G1 Optimus - and even some Energon Prime in the Torso mode and how the missing paint on the truck mode make it look like the white parts on that toy.

But some might look at it and just think he's rather wide looking and has a very small head.

I might guess some people might be happy with it as Motormaster more than as Optimus.

I think the super flat chest fits mm a little better because that's how he was portrayed (if I remember that correctly) and the head on o/p is a little under-scaled. I think the torso mode for both look stupid in the 'official form' and barely any better in the fan-modes, on top of that, it's poorly engineered and has terrible balance.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:So lemme get this right! we're NOT getting any beast combiners! well that can't be right....coz Abominus, Predaking & Piranhacon were part of G1 lore! so how can Hasbro justify having other G1 Combiners.....but not include them? + Tripredicus wasn't part of the traditional combiners with beast alt modes(as far as I can remember! I dunno about the comics....but he didn't appear in any of the G1 cartoons, granted the Tripredicus Council appeared on Beast Wars) also....the Dinobots were not traditional combiners! they never had a combiner feature in G1, it was only a third party that developed that(& for all I know....it may have appeared in the comics).

Look! I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't understand Hasbro's justification of not including beast form combiners!

Quote from Hasbro:

Its not about me being right or wrong, as you point out, it is just relaying the info.

But as I said, you wouldnt have gotten Predaking anyway (or Monstructor, Landcross, etc) because they arent scramble city. They only issue one Titan a year and this year it was Devastator. So Predaking will be later. Oh and not only are you not getting Beast Combiners, but so far Hasbro only revealed Scattershot as being a solo torso for "Betatron" which doesnt have it's own limbs.

But hey, you are getting a whole new random combiner if you care, called Mayhem Maximus:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Burn wrote:ARGH!
So last night I saw a particular Australian based online website was going to have a restock of the Protectorbots, as I'm going to be getting the Unite Warriors version I still wanted to grab Rook, and given the lack of distribution that occurs when you live in regional Australia, I put my pre-order in.

Walked into K-Mart today, and they have the Protectorbots (sans Hot Spot) in stock.

DISTRIBUTION FRUSTRATION!

"But Burn, can't you just cancel your pre-order?"

No ... that in itself is a story on its own and not something I want to go into publicly.

"Wraps his arms around Burn in a big meaty man hug" It's OK bro, we've all been there.

Hellscream9999 wrote:
mtma wrote:So... Does anyone else's Defensor lean forward for some odd reason?

Yes, mine does, and so does everyone else's, I believe; It's because the weight pulls the figure forward, and the detents in the hips have enough 'soft space' that it just leans forward on the detent; either that, or there is not enough pressure from the spring to hold the detents in place;

Hope this helps.

^^^ What they said. I call it the Combiner Wars lean. That and the constant repaints are starting to sour me on the line, oh who am I kidding I'm buying them all.

Cobotron wrote:Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Don't make me pull out this old thing again. :lol:

This thread just got taken to the ESTRADA!

I didn't realize it until recently but what really gets me about legends Hot Rod is that the card art shows his wrist guns, but they're NOT tooled onto the figure. Not even a paint app.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby peaces » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:40 am

if they do have plans for beast combiners, they're not gonna tell us until they want to. saying anything besides 'no plans' would just be giving it away.
peaces
Vehicon

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize CHASE POLICE-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 201217a"
Energize CHASE POL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME COMMANDER-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
OPTIMUS PRIME COMM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN TWITCH Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN TWITCH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HEATWAVE Fire-Bot Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019 Fire Truck"
Rescan HEATWAVE Fi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON