This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official Decals Revealed for Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 3,4 and Devastator

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Remember when stickers were released for the first two waves of Combiner Wars? Well, there are stickers/decals for every other wave as well as some for Devastator. Fenrir72 gave us the tip for Devy and we found the rest on Robot Kingdom's facebook page. It seems all of these sticker sheets are predominantly for the Asian market, as the previous ones were. Robot Kingdom will be including the Wave 3 and 4 sheets depending on the amount spent on an order of Generations figures and the Devastator decals appear to be only released for Taiwan as is explained on the snakas blog.

Here are the images of these stickers as well as how they look like applied on Devastator. However, please note that the panel lining technique is used on those images and thus simply applying the stickers may not yield the same overall look.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Saw this on Facebook the other day. those stickers do wonders! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Kinda makes you realize how pathetically, inadequately, unpainted these figures are...
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Factory Installed Hip Fix

Postby ScottyP » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
In a piece of good news out there for Combiner Wars fans, it looks like the combiner hip design found on Wave 1's Optimus Prime and Wave 2's Motormaster torsos, which didn't allow a squared hip pose in the Combiner mode, has been corrected with the release of Wave 4's Battle Core Optimus Prime. I received my BC Prime today from Amazon, and grabbed some pictures of this design change to help explain what you can expect if you pick this figure up.

First, the original issue:

The hip assembly on Optimus Prime and Motormaster don't allow Menasor and a Combiner using the Optimus Prime torso to stand straight legged when the hip panels are locked into place. You can see that Optimus Maximus, on the right, is able to stand in a straight legged pose with no issues, even with the hip panels locked in.

Here I've illustrated the same thing with just Menasor and Optimus Maximus.

Attempting to bend Menasors hip inwards, while leaving the hip lock intact, leads to imbalance as well. Battle Core Optimus Prime also holds on to Legends Rodimus much more securely than Motormaster or Optimus Prime can, though I can't find any obvious engineering reason for it.

If we look at just the torsos, it highlights the issue with the initial runs of this mold. And yes, I need to clean my table. I'll bring my dog over to your living room and we'll see how long yours stays clean :P

The problem here clearly comes down to the hips of the Voyager torso itself. This mold has angled feet, so the individual robot mode really wasn't intended to stand hips-squared, but the original Optimus Prime usage of it and the subsequent Motormaster release both allow this.

Upon opening up the hips, you can see this pretty clearly. This is the default position of the hip ratchet when you open the figures, with Battle Core Optimus Prime on the left and the original Optimus on the right. It isn't extremely obvious here what they did to fix it. They couldn't have just changed the position, because then mere clicks one way or another on the original mold would solve the problem. What did they do?

See it yet? Don't count teeth, it won't help.

As you can see in the pictures above, this single piece is the change. By shifting the gear teeth by half a tooth, the Combiner that you can build with the figure can now give you a tall, proud, standing-up-straight pose.

With Motormaster scheduled to be re-released in Wave 4, will a running change be made to him as well to allow for sturdier Menasors? You know, there's hope in not knowing ;) If you do get a Motormaster out of this wave's case assortment, give it a look and be sure to let our News Team know if this fix has been applied to his re-release as well.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Powered Convoy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Takara Motormaster has the fix too.

Randy
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby joeprime276 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Motto: ""Megatron is dead! I am your leader now!""
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Do you guys think that they will make a CW Sideswipe using the Breakdown mold in order to be the twin of Sunstreaker?
joeprime276
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Audi R8 Spyder
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby ScottyP » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Powered Convoy wrote:Takara Motormaster has the fix too.

Randy
I really did mean to bring that up, as it inspired me to check on BC Prime in the first place. Instead, I had three beers and then wrote the news post :HEADHURTS:

joeprime276 wrote:Do you guys think that they will make a CW Sideswipe using the Breakdown mold in order to be the twin of Sunstreaker?

Personally, yes, absolutely. Easy money and I'm sure the Breakdown head might even work for it.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
joeprime276 wrote:Do you guys think that they will make a CW Sideswipe using the Breakdown mold in order to be the twin of Sunstreaker?

In the back of the comic that came with Sunstreaker they show the yellow body with what appears to be Sideswipes head. Food for thought; we know there's a Ratchet coming and they might follow the Generations beat and release Tracks as a re-tool of Wheeljack, add in Sideswipe and you have three limbs in place for another torso.

I really didn't want to buy battle Core Optimus, I really didn't, I... Guaranteed delivery September 1st
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Good to see a fix. I still will not get him, but at least he is fixed. I may get a second mm if the hips are fixed in him though :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:02 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Good to see a fix. I still will not get him, but at least he is fixed. I may get a second mm if the hips are fixed in him though :BOT:

Umm... you could always try Hasbro customer service and tell them your MM has problems with his hips and is defective. And then ask them if you could send it back to them. They will then tell you if they have any of your item left. They usually dont and you are sent something totally random. BUT in this case, we know that they have a new batch of MMs, so they could say they can make the exchange. If so, then you get an upgraded MM for free.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ScottyP » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:06 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Good to see a fix. I still will not get him, but at least he is fixed. I may get a second mm if the hips are fixed in him though :BOT:

Umm... you could always try Hasbro customer service and tell them your MM has problems with his hips and is defective. And then ask them if you could send it back to them. They will then tell you if they have any of your item left. They usually dont and you are sent something totally random. BUT in this case, we know that they have a new batch of MMs, so they could say they can make the exchange. If so, then you get an upgraded MM for free.
Do not do this. Very good chance you'll end up with something like an AOE Voyager. Not worth it.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:13 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:

In the back of the comic that came with Sunstreaker they show the yellow body with what appears to be Sideswipes head. Food for thought; we know there's a Ratchet coming and they might follow the Generations beat and release Tracks as a re-tool of Wheeljack, add in Sideswipe and you have three limbs in place for another torso.

I really didn't want to buy battle Core Optimus, I really didn't, I... Guaranteed delivery September 1st

Who said there was going to be a ratchet?

And so help me, if this ends up being true, and we get another '84 team... :BOOM:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I really didn't want to buy battle Core Optimus, I really didn't,

You didn't need to! you could've just painted the standard one white.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:48 pm

ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Do not do this. Very good chance you'll end up with something like an AOE Voyager. Not worth it.

My advice was not to do it but to attempt it. Hasbro will say if they have the figure he needs before he sends his over to them.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Shockwave7 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:50 pm

Neat pictoral of the MM/Prime hip issues. Is there any chance at all we could just ask Hasbro to mail out replacement ratchets? I'm sure enterprising owners would undertake the labor to fix the hips themselves. Heck, I'd pay five bucks or so just to get a couple new ratchets with the fix applied....

Or maybe the folks who are making those 3D printed hand and feet replacements for the CW combiners could be given the specs for the fixed versions of those ratchet teeth wheels and start printing out some of those to sell...
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Shockwave7 wrote:Neat pictoral of the MM/Prime hip issues. Is there any chance at all we could just ask Hasbro to mail out replacement ratchets? I'm sure enterprising owners would undertake the labor to fix the hips themselves. Heck, I'd pay five bucks or so just to get a couple new ratchets with the fix applied....

Or maybe the folks who are making those 3D printed hand and feet replacements for the CW combiners could be given the specs for the fixed versions of those ratchet teeth wheels and start printing out some of those to sell...

nonnef already has them ready to be shipped. vangeleus has also reviewed them, and I have heard nothing but positive things about it on the nonnef tfw thread; check 'em out

http://www.nonnef.com/collections/combiner-wars-upgrades/products/combiner-wars-hip-ratchet-upgrade

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:26 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

My advice was not to do it but to attempt it. Hasbro will say if they have the figure he needs before he sends his over to them.

Nah, I don't want to do this whole online over the mail return and exchange thing. No one in my family has had that end well. I can live with my MM, and if the new one is fixed, ill use him for combined mode and the other will be a stand alone :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:39 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Nah, I don't want to do this whole online over the mail return and exchange thing. No one in my family has had that end well. I can live with my MM, and if the new one is fixed, ill use him for combined mode and the other will be a stand alone :BOT:

You should at least consider it. I sent a rusty hotspot back and got 2 in return ;)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

And so help me, if this ends up being true, and we get another '84 team... :BOOM:

Back of First Aid's comic showed the mold with a Ratchet head.

Stuartmaximus wrote:You didn't need to! you could've just painted the standard one white.

Yeah but I wouldn't have the new hip ratchets.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Back of First Aid's comic showed the mold with a Ratchet head.

Stuartmaximus wrote:You didn't need to! you could've just painted the standard one white.

Well, that's not confirmation, and F$%k it if it is, I am in no need for more :BOT:'s when there are :CON: to be had; I would however get the ratchet mold because the first-aid mold makes for exceptional limbs >:oP

And really if you need hip ratchets, check out nonnefs store page; we really need a nonnef thread, like tfw >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:05 am

Hellscream9999 wrote: I would however get the ratchet mold because the first-aid mold makes for exceptional limbs >:oP

I totally agree, those changes to the mold make the robot arms stay put in arm mode and give a more solid leg in leg mode.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 am

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote: I would however get the ratchet mold because the first-aid mold makes for exceptional limbs >:oP

I totally agree, those changes to the mold make the robot arms stay put in arm mode and give a more solid leg in leg mode.

Moreso that the additional bulk around the wrist, and overall sleekness of the leg mode are far and away the best of any (bulky-style) limb. But the wrist-slots do help immensely :D

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Stuartmaximus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:10 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

So lemme get this right....you paid all that money....for the sake of new hip ratchets? for the same bloody figure!(albeit with a new paint job).

Hey! it's your money & you can do whatever you like with it, but I'm sure other people wouldn't go to those extremes(some might! but not all).

+ you probably wanted it to do your reviews with anyway.
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:26 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Powered Convoy wrote:Takara Motormaster has the fix too.

Randy

:APPLAUSE: Oh goody then! Sometimes it pays to wait.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:25 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
So I was fiddling around with Rook while watching the original Mission Impossible movie tonight.

Not a big fan of the figure, I get what his alt mode is, I just don't like. Robot mode is ... okay.

What I do like though is you can basically turn him into a walking armoury. Combiner feet/hands can plug into each shoulder, you can then plug another weapon onto his back (the pack can then fold up for a over-the-shoulder weapon ... gosh ... that's something that could be done for Impactor) plus the obligatory weapons on his forearms and to top it off, one to plug into his foot.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON