This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Insurgent wrote:The review says it's a new gun, but it looks like the same flamethrower as Firefly/Slingshot to me. Anyone able to confirm if it's new or not? Can't see it clearly on this screen.

I am fairly certain it is the same gun. Looks exactly the same on screen and to the toy :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:02 pm

Optimizzy wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Optimizzy wrote: Although I like Rook and Hasbros Blast-off, I'd like the option to also have Deluxe Groove and G1 Blast-off
I think you will. I feel pretty confident that Hasbro will do to Takara Groove and Blastoff, what they did with Brake-Neck and Quickslinger. Speculation of course, but it seems logical.

I had heard the rumor that one of the reasons deluxe Groove was out of Hasbro's hands was that it incorporated clear plastic, putting it out of the standard deluxe price point. Don't know if The true or how much clear plastic offsets the cost, just what I remember hearing.
Ugh. I could see that being the case. :(

Believe me, I hope that doesn't end up being the case. When this same year they distributed two exclusives through online retailers fairly successfully, I find it hard to believe that they could find a way to get these two out.

It'd be one thing if it was just a Japanese exclusive, but a group-only mall exclusive? THAT'S low.

Id be fine for it to be painted opaque plastic. I'd prefer clear but whatever it takes to get the mold.
It's probably not the clear plastic that's the problem, it probably the assembly of a seperate piece. I thought the same thing at first. It would be less expensive if the windshield was injection molded the same time as the parts it connects with. Then it would only need a slap of paint.

If it cost more to produce, I'd be willing pay more the difference for that sweet mold, but how much? $2-3 more at the most seems fair. Any other thoughts on the offset production cost for that extra piece adds?

And isn't there a few other extra transparent lights on the tail end?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Video Review - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Brawl

Postby Va'al » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:09 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fresh from the Energon Pub, Seibertronian YouTuber optibotimus has shared his next video review, this time featuring Generations Combiner Wars Combaticon Brawl! An all-new mold, the little bruiser that could is part of the Bruticus gestalt Transformer, along with Blast Off and the upcoming figures featuring remolded previous toys. Check it out below.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby optibotimus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Insurgent wrote:The review says it's a new gun, but it looks like the same flamethrower as Firefly/Slingshot to me. Anyone able to confirm if it's new or not? Can't see it clearly on this screen.

I had to dig out my weapons for the Aerialbots. I was mistaken in the video, they are reused weapons. Sorry for the confusion
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Postby Scottywan82 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm

optibotimus wrote:

I had to dig out my weapons for the Aerialbots. I was mistaken in the video, they are reused weapons. Sorry for the confusion

Actually, it IS new. It has a hole on the bottom of the foot, used to plug in to the top of Brawl. You can clearly see there is a peg to flip up from the back of the turret that the foot can plug into like the one on top of Rook.

Also, I am in utter disbelief that the torso would not lock into place. It looked like it wasn;t clicked back far enough.
Scottywan82
Mini-Con

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Scottywan82 wrote:
optibotimus wrote:

Actually, it IS new. It has a hole on the bottom of the foot, used to plug in to the top of Brawl. You can clearly see there is a peg to flip up from the back of the turret that the foot can plug into like the one on top of Rook.

Also, I am in utter disbelief that the torso would not lock into place. It looked like it wasn;t clicked back far enough.

We were talking about the Blastoff review, and just the gun, not the hand/foot gun (even though for Blastoff they are both the same) :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
carytheone wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Optimizzy wrote: Although I like Rook and Hasbros Blast-off, I'd like the option to also have Deluxe Groove and G1 Blast-off
I think you will. I feel pretty confident that Hasbro will do to Takara Groove and Blastoff, what they did with Brake-Neck and Quickslinger. Speculation of course, but it seems logical.

I had heard the rumor that one of the reasons deluxe Groove was out of Hasbro's hands was that it incorporated clear plastic, putting it out of the standard deluxe price point. Don't know if The true or how much clear plastic offsets the cost, just what I remember hearing.

Believe me, I hope that doesn't end up being the case. When this same year they distributed two exclusives through online retailers fairly successfully, I find it hard to believe that they could find a way to get these two out.

It'd be one thing if it was just a Japanese exclusive, but a group-only mall exclusive? THAT'S low.

Id be fine for it to be painted opaque plastic. I'd prefer clear but whatever it takes to get the mold.
It's probably not the clear plastic that's the problem, it probably the assembly of a seperate piece. I thought the same thing at first. It would be less expensive if the windshield was injection molded the same time as the parts it connects with. Then it would only need a slap of paint.

If it cost more to produce, I'd be willing pay more the difference for that sweet mold, but how much? $2-3 more at the most seems fair. Any other thoughts on the offset production cost for that extra piece adds?

Yes, I believe so... and maybe his guns too?

Edit to fix and say...
Well, part of his guns. Not exactly sure what's going on there.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

Edit to fix and say...

Yeah, it ain't rocket science, just mold the parts in white plastic. It can be that simple, anything else is hasbro just being stingy [-(
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:It's probably not the clear plastic that's the problem, it probably the assembly of a seperate piece. I thought the same thing at first. It would be less expensive if the windshield was injection molded the same time as the parts it connects with. Then it would only need a slap of paint.

Edit to fix and say...

Yeah, it ain't rocket science, just mold the parts in white plastic. It can be that simple, anything else is hasbro just being stingy [-(
It would still be an extra assembly step though. Profits are the name of the game.

Question I'm wondering is: if deluxe Groove is released separately, how much are you willing to pay for extra engineering (if that is the case here)? I'm thinking 18-20$; it's a pretty dope mold and I loves me some motoslickle robits.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Seeing as how I paid $21 dullars for Quakerslacker, I'd pay $20 for a cewl motoslickle robit. 8-}
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
groove is so well designed Id pay $25 for him, even if they do the whole exclusive thing
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Optimizzy wrote:groove is so well designed Id pay $25 for him, even if they do the whole exclusive thing
I think $25 would be my upper limit. And I'd have to be able to work out free shipping at that price or that include shipping.

I was able to get free shipping for QS and BN via Amazon when those first went live.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
carytheone wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:groove is so well designed Id pay $25 for him, even if they do the whole exclusive thing
I think $25 would be my upper limit. And I'd have to be able to work out free shipping at that price or that include shipping.

I was able to get free shipping for QS and BN via Amazon when those first went live.

I paid more for both of them but it was worth it to me. I'm more interested with actually being able to get them without buying a whole set
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Shuttershock » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:48 pm

carytheone wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:It's probably not the clear plastic that's the problem, it probably the assembly of a seperate piece. I thought the same thing at first. It would be less expensive if the windshield was injection molded the same time as the parts it connects with. Then it would only need a slap of paint.

Edit to fix and say...

It would still be an extra assembly step though. Profits are the name of the game.

Question I'm wondering is: if deluxe Groove is released separately, how much are you willing to pay for extra engineering (if that is the case here)? I'm thinking 18-20$; it's a pretty dope mold and I loves me some motoslickle robits.

Plus it would make a custom Renegades Combiner I've been thinking about feasible. :D
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:26 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Shuttershock wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
padfoo wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Glad he's a jet, love the colors, BUT he could've used more paint, not too happy that there's no remolding [-(

Blast off makes a lot of sense as a jet. The space shuttle was just too dang big of an alt mode.

There's supposed to be a military type Spaceshuttle that isn't the size of the default "Astrotrain" type. And if you follow the original show, Blastoff never served to transport the Combaticons. He just pulled the asteroid they were exiled to remember? Now if he was a mass shifter like Astrotrain, he would have had got his buddies in him.

So the oversized Blastoff argument does not hold water.

Well, there was that ONE time...

Then again, that scene also has all the Combaticons AND Bruticus in the same shot, so I guess we'll call it a wash.

Basically, it depends on how much you're willing to spend on a (rumored) shuttle, as opposed to the more widely available jet. I'll be happy with the domestic release.

WAIT, is that a little Bruticus??? :shock: Who is that little Bruticus bot running alongside the other Combaticons???
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby no-one » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:31 pm

SillySpringer wrote:WAIT, is that a little Bruticus??? :shock: Who is that little Bruticus bot running alongside the other Combaticons???
Nothing to see here, move along. Too many questions and the fiction falls apart. Just like scale only exists if you believe it does. You wouldn't want to be responsible for killing Tinkerbell would you?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby King Kuuga » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
SillySpringer wrote:WAIT, is that a little Bruticus??? :shock: Who is that little Bruticus bot running alongside the other Combaticons???

Good old G1 animation errors. That's Bruticus (probably intended to be Onslaught) along with Swindle and Brawl (Bruticus's legs) running into a giant Blast Off (probably meant to be Astrotrain), who is Bruticus's arm. Don't think too much about it, it happened a lot. The G1 cartoon is notorious for these mistakes.
Further reading: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Animation_error
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:49 pm

That Bot wrote:Image
#-o
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:

Cobotron
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote:
#-o

I love that picture. Sadly though it really reinforces how that CW Blastoff looks nothing like the character model from the sunbow cartoon.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Optimum Supreme » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
padfoo wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Glad he's a jet, love the colors, BUT he could've used more paint, not too happy that there's no remolding [-(

Blast off makes a lot of sense as a jet. The space shuttle was just too dang big of an alt mode.

There's supposed to be a military type Spaceshuttle that isn't the size of the default "Astrotrain" type. And if you follow the original show, Blastoff never served to transport the Combaticons. He just pulled the asteroid they were exiled to remember? Now if he was a mass shifter like Astrotrain, he would have had got his buddies in him.

So the oversized Blastoff argument does not hold water.

Well, there was that ONE time...

Then again, that scene also has all the Combaticons AND Bruticus in the same shot, so I guess we'll call it a wash.

Basically, it depends on how much you're willing to spend on a (rumored) shuttle, as opposed to the more widely available jet. I'll be happy with the domestic release.

If you look close enough, Bruticus is running to hop into Blastoff (who is the arm of said Bruticus) :lol: :BOT:

Blastoffception!
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 7
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
I finally watched Optimbotimus' review and i must say, I am really digging those zoom shots. Wow, that is some nice production value and it shows that he really cares that we know exactly what is up with the toy.

One thing though, seeing that waist issue I really hope we do not get that Ramhorn retool as Nosecone. Not only would it be a pathetically small nosecone but I would want to avoid that waist as much as possible.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby steals_your_goats » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
william-james88 wrote:One thing though, seeing that waist issue I really hope we do not get that Ramhorn retool as Nosecone. Not only would it be a pathetically small nosecone but I would want to avoid that waist as much as possible.

I don't know, I feel like he wasn't doing something right in the transformation. That little clip on the waist should tab into SOMETHING I don't think they'd put it on there just for fun.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm

william-james88 wrote:I finally watched Optimbotimus' review and i must say, I am really digging those zoom shots. Wow, that is some nice production value and it shows that he really cares that we know exactly what is up with the toy.

One thing though, seeing that waist issue I really hope we do not get that Ramhorn retool as Nosecone. Not only would it be a pathetically small nosecone but I would want to avoid that waist as much as possible.

Very true, but at the same time there could be another issue there that we cannot see or that Opt may be having issues with. The waist could be good for all we know, it's just this figure had issues or there is extra fiddling needed that he just didn't fenangle right :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:
william-james88 wrote:One thing though, seeing that waist issue I really hope we do not get that Ramhorn retool as Nosecone. Not only would it be a pathetically small nosecone but I would want to avoid that waist as much as possible.

I don't know, I feel like he wasn't doing something right in the transformation. That little clip on the waist should tab into SOMETHING I don't think they'd put it on there just for fun.

There HAS to be something he missed; if not the botcon thread is withholding a nasty surprise :evil:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:14 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
#-o

I love that picture. Sadly though it really reinforces how that CW Blastoff looks nothing like the character model from the sunbow cartoon.

THAT'S supposed to be blast-off :shock:

I thought it was mindwipe or something based on his arms, wow, the g1 toy definitely did it no favors >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200645 1B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220443 War's 3B (CA) Margevich"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926A"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr ZZ30 Seibertron.com Exclusive Image Comics 2023 (CA) Ferrari"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON