This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Genericon #378 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:06 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
steals_your_goats wrote:Hey there everyone I just listened to the latest transmissions podcast and they dropped a pretty big and unexpected news bomb. It seems that we'll (unfortunately) be getting one final use out of the combiner molds as...drum roll please

LIOKAISER

Yes indeed according to their inside source Hasbro will be doing a combiner wars Liokaiser using 2 tank molds, two jets, an arms micron for a chest piece and skylynx as the torso. The skylynx repaint will be the character Deathsaurus.

So what does everyone think? Personally I'm getting tired of the same molds (yes even I'm tired of them) but Liokaiser is something I'm definitely interested in.

I really hope they don't do this to Liokaiser. Where's Jallguar from Swindle? A new Leozack mold? And the Sky Lynx mold only has one repaint possibility that will look at least a little good: Big Purple Griffen. For shame, Hasbro. >:oP
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby MemphisR56 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:07 am

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
Genericon #378 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Hopefully takara will cash in and do a real G2 Blast Off. I hate that stupid slingshot repaint that didnt even get a faceplate when they could have used the fireflight head. That mouth just annoys the crap outta me like hes saying "I blow". I need me a shuttle. I think the idea of a military shuttle that launches spy satellites is cool and unique. Its ironic that nobody complains about a passenger concorde being teamed up with 4 fighter jets but they all hate the shuttle.

I find it ironic that when Hasbro repaints something, it's stupid, but when Takara does it, it's the bomb.

It has more to do with not all repaints being created equal:

At any rate, Rated X was talking about a retool, not a repaint, which is an entirely different thing.

Also, I'm not sure you or RX are using the word 'ironic' entirely correctly.
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:56 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
Genericon #378 wrote:I really hope they don't do this to Liokaiser. Where's Jallguar from Swindle? A new Leozack mold? And the Sky Lynx mold only has one repaint possibility that will look at least a little good: Big Purple Griffen. For shame, Hasbro. >:oP

I addressed the Jallguar thing above so I won't talk about that again but honestly the Griffin never made sense to me. First of all skylynx looks NOTHING like the griffin, they would have to do quite a bit of remolding for that to work. Also he's not really a character. If I remember right he's just a drone with no name and was in 1 maybe 2 episodes of the show and that's it. At least Deathsaurus' dragon mode, while not perfect, looks a bit like skylynx. There's no perfect solution to this by any means.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby ThunderThruster » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:00 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
lets be honest, one of the few reasons they're using Skylynx for Leokaiser is the cat-like combined mode head.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:02 am

steals_your_goats wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:I really hope they don't do this to Liokaiser. Where's Jallguar from Swindle? A new Leozack mold? And the Sky Lynx mold only has one repaint possibility that will look at least a little good: Big Purple Griffen. For shame, Hasbro. >:oP

I addressed the Jallguar thing above so I won't talk about that again but honestly the Griffin never made sense to me. First of all skylynx looks NOTHING like the griffin, they would have to do quite a bit of remolding for that to work. Also he's not really a character. If I remember right he's just a drone with no name and was in 1 maybe 2 episodes of the show and that's it. At least Deathsaurus' dragon mode, while not perfect, looks a bit like skylynx. There's no perfect solution to this by any means.

While Sky Lynx at least makes sense because of the lion combiner head, tis a shame they can't find a way to do all six as deluxes. Air Raid with a new head could be a dead ringer for Liozack.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:05 am

Shuttershock wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

While Sky Lynx at least makes sense because of the lion combiner head, tis a shame they can't find a way to do all six as deluxes. Air Raid with a new head could be a dead ringer for Liozack.

That would be ideal and it would open up the door to do other 6 bot combiners like Monstructor.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:06 am

ThunderThruster wrote:lets be honest, one of the few reasons they're using Skylynx for Leokaiser is the cat-like combined mode head.

Without a doubt that's why. It was the First thing I thought of when I heard what they were doing
steals_your_goats
Godmaster

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:06 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
steals_your_goats wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:lets be honest, one of the few reasons they're using Skylynx for Leokaiser is the cat-like combined mode head.

Without a doubt that's why. It was the First thing I thought of when I heard what they were doing

I'll be honest, it was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it, so they're not too far off base >:oP

Can't wait to get my hands on the torso dude, it's a complete shame they're using 2 of the crappy brawl mold (can't believe I'm saying this already for it :BANG_HEAD: )
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 am

HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:10 am

G2 Bruticus is gorgeous, it's a shame 'bout brawl, but I will be getting this guy =P~

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:20 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

I'll be honest, it was one of the first things I thought of when I saw it, so they're not too far off base >:oP

Can't wait to get my hands on the torso dude, it's a complete shame they're using 2 of the crappy brawl mold (can't believe I'm saying this already for it :BANG_HEAD: )

There are certainly ways of making it look like Liokaiser collectively, at the cost of the torso bots.

The problem is that a vehicle that turns into a beast is unlike most other bots outside of the current RID line. More suited to a Hatchet or, dare I say, a Purple Griffin. Heck, with retooling and replacing the shuttle, you could make an argument for Hun-Grrr.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

With that Purple face and the tread arms, Brawl looks unintentionally like a tiny Tarn. :-P
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Va'al » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

With that Purple face and the tread arms, Brawl looks unintentionally like a tiny Tarn. :-P

Unintentionally, you say..? :-?
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:28 am

Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

There are certainly ways of making it look like Liokaiser collectively, at the cost of the torso bots.

The problem is that a vehicle that turns into a beast is unlike most other bots outside of the current RID line. More suited to a Hatchet or, dare I say, a Purple Griffin. Heck, with retooling and replacing the shuttle, you could make an argument for Hun-Grrr.

Yeah, I mean, they could have just remolded a combiner head for cyclonus (better his alt mode than a concorde...) but I am looking forward to this - so long as the mold doesn't blow a'la brawl - as it really intrigues me, I wonder if it will have painted trousers to emulate jalguar? Probably not, hasbro's been pretty stingy with extra paint apps, oh well >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Man, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off actually look pretty good in their G2 colours.

But that Shockwave...his colours are somehow MORE tasteful than the regular Shockwave. I'm sorry, but this is inexcusable. He shoulda been bright magenta with orange highlights, or at least coloured like Energon Sixshot. G2 without horrendously vulgar colour schemes is like cheesecake without any cheese. [-(

(In all seriousness though, he does look pretty nice.)

What's wrong with CW Brawl by the way, and is there any way of fixing him? I mean, I'm planning on getting the UW version, so hopefully based Takara will fix him...
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:49 am

Delta Magnus wrote:Man, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off actually look pretty good in their G2 colours.

But that Shockwave...his colours are somehow MORE tasteful than the regular Shockwave. I'm sorry, but this is inexcusable. He shoulda been bright magenta with orange highlights, or at least coloured like Energon Sixshot. G2 without horrendously vulgar colour schemes is like cheesecake without any cheese. [-(

What's wrong with CW Brawl by the way, and is there any way of fixing him? I mean, I'm planning on getting the UW version, so hopefully based Takara will fix him...

There appears to be no method to connect brawls pelvis securely to his torso, it's basically blitzwing syndrome in his spine.

Also, retconning sixshot as G2 shockwave would have been pretty awesome, as his deco was pretty garish already...

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:49 am

Delta Magnus wrote:Man, Vortex, Swindle and Blast Off actually look pretty good in their G2 colours.

Apparently it's an issue that, because of the hinge on his hips, there's an unintended large gap between his chest and hips (no abdomen). The G2 image shows the hips hinged differently to fill the gap, but they don't lock together.

I can see this aggravating a child trying to play with it more than an adult displaying it, where he's either always combined or part of a group. Personally, I don't mind and I'll just fiddle with it to get a good look.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:55 am

I don't remember who suggested it, but someone said G2 Shockwave should've been him in his Radioshack (Astro Man?) colors. Which would've been cool.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 am

Shuttershock wrote:

Apparently it's an issue that, because of the hinge on his hips, there's an unintended large gap between his chest and hips (no abdomen). The G2 image shows the hips hinged differently to fill the gap, but they don't lock together.

I can see this aggravating a child trying to play with it more than an adult displaying it, where he's either always combined or part of a group. Personally, I don't mind and I'll just fiddle with it to get a good look.

Well, it's more the point that they (has/tak, as both helped design them I imagine) let this happen, that they intentionally let another blitzwing out into the market...

Unless it interferes somehow with a limb-mode, there had to be a way to lock the parts together, even if they changed the current pelvis to the mis-transformed one, and put a clip there to lock it together.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:58 am

RiddlerJ wrote:I don't remember who suggested it, but someone said G2 Shockwave should've been him in his Radioshack (Astro Man?) colors. Which would've been cool.

If it was th grey version, it was rated X and others.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Glarryg » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:15 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Purple and orange Shockwave is the Action Master version, which, I think, is closer to garish G2-ness than an all-gray version.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:18 am

Glarryg wrote:Purple and orange Shockwave is the Action Master version, which, I think, is closer to garish G2-ness than an all-gray version.

Glarryg

Yeah, but energon sixshot takes the cake (while everyone was cringing at his colors ;) )

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Oh for goodness sakes, before we even try to do a Liokaiser, can we at least get proper technobots? And why hasbro would release a japanese only show combiner I have no clue. If it looks good that'd be nice, but some of these choices just don't sound right, and all things considered, I'd hope they would not do him and instead wait. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby RiddlerJ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:38 am

And I still can't figure out where the handle is on Shockwave's gun mode. How does Bruticus hold him?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:45 am

RiddlerJ wrote:And I still can't figure out where the handle is on Shockwave's gun mode. How does Bruticus hold him?

Yeah, the abs are painted, so no trickery there, so... black magic?

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #67 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAY230298 67D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #16 Cvr B Image Comics JAN230271 16B (CA) Randal (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #16 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM330 87C (CA) Wu"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1123IM282 303B (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #350 Cvr F B&W var Image Comics 2024 1123IM228 350F (CA) McFarlane"
SPAWN #350 Cvr F B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222B"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #19 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 FEB230175 19A (CA) Brooks"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124A"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 JUL220261 21A (CA) Camuncoli"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0723IM805 268A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #11 Image Comics 2021 MAR210191 (W) Kirkman (A/CA) Samnee + Wilson"
FIRE POWER #11 Ima ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON