This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Doctor McGrath wrote:G2 Bruticus looks fun but I wish the G2 colors weren't the go to recolor since we just got them in the FoC line. I would have rather seen Ruination.

Ruination would have been a really cool repaint. I have the autobot FoC version, but the old RiD guy would be awesome too. at least he wouldn't have needed any remolding!

PS: I am the member who posted first on page 500!! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Doctor McGrath wrote:G2 Bruticus looks fun but I wish the G2 colors weren't the go to recolor since we just got them in the FoC line. I would have rather seen Ruination.

Wasn't it an exclusive (and a terrible figure)? Hardly what I'd call easy to get, and not something to compare a retail release to; and seeing as you just voted on a titan scorponok, even though we just got one as an exclusive, I'd say that's hypocrisy >:oP

But I have no doubt in my mind, that, between hasbro and TT we will see every recolor of this guy possible in the next few years ;)
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Ruination would have been a really cool repaint. I have the autobot FoC version, but the old RiD guy would be awesome too. at least he wouldn't have needed any remolding!

Yeah, I would have been down for th RiD color scheme as well.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Wooo! Swindle rocks :DANCE:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby dragons » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:51 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Onslaught figure looks better than hotspot
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Cobotron » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: 500 pages of Combiner Wars ramblings y'all!! Woot Woot! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Burn » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Cobotron wrote::KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: 500 pages of Combiner Wars ramblings y'all!! Woot Woot! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

STAHP SPAMMING!!!!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I loved the review when he popped Swindle's head off. How many Transformers have wished to do exactly that? :lol:
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby munkimus prime » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:54 pm

Motto: "I dislike fools and villains. And you seem to be both."
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
Onslaught looks really nice. The Torso Transformation is pretty cool how it does the opposite of Hotspot where the back pack goes over the head instead.
99th Generation Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
munkimus prime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Watch munkimus prime on YouTube
Strength: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 pm

munkimus prime wrote:Onslaught looks really nice. The Torso Transformation is pretty cool how it does the opposite of Hotspot where the back pack goes over the head instead.

Both backpacks were so incredibly involved, they may have put more effort into those two parts alone than all of motormaster :lol:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

:-? Until we see the instructions, we wont know what the proper way to transform it is. Maybe its this way. Looks better to me, I look forward to knowing if takara fixes it or if there is a fix or some way to make it more stable.

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Oh for goodness sakes, before we even try to do a Liokaiser, can we at least get proper technobots? And why hasbro would release a japanese only show combiner I have no clue. If it looks good that'd be nice, but some of these choices just don't sound right, and all things considered, I'd hope they would not do him and instead wait. :BOT:

If this is true, then it is further evidence that we wont be getting any good technobots. Both Liokaiser and Computron share a very similar looking drill vehicle limb. They could have done a new drill mold and recoloured it for each combiner. I wouldnt have minded that since both are pretty much a very similar alt mode. But now its just all Tanks? So then there is even less reason for there to be a decent nosecone mold out there. Its all disappointing on many levels.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Scrap, man! Swindle got swole!
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Genericon #378 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
steals_your_goats wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:I really hope they don't do this to Liokaiser. Where's Jallguar from Swindle? A new Leozack mold? And the Sky Lynx mold only has one repaint possibility that will look at least a little good: Big Purple Griffen. For shame, Hasbro. >:oP

I addressed the Jallguar thing above so I won't talk about that again but honestly the Griffin never made sense to me. First of all skylynx looks NOTHING like the griffin, they would have to do quite a bit of remolding for that to work. Also he's not really a character. If I remember right he's just a drone with no name and was in 1 maybe 2 episodes of the show and that's it. At least Deathsaurus' dragon mode, while not perfect, looks a bit like skylynx. There's no perfect solution to this by any means.

Sky Lynx looks nothing like Deathsaurus. And maybe the Griffin was a drone. So what? G1 Fort Max was basically a drone piloted by Cerebros, who himself was piloted by someone else. Inception!
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:45 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:HA! Even hasbro is using the pelvis mis-transformation to cover up the fact that they f@$ked up Brawl :BANG_HEAD:

:-? Until we see the instructions, we wont know what the proper way to transform it is. Maybe its this way. Looks better to me, I look forward to knowing if takara fixes it or if there is a fix or some way to make it more stable.

If you watch optibotimus' second video, you'll see that the 'proper way' has paint on it, and the method in the photo will reveal copyright info - or something of the like - on the toy; don't get me wrong, I want this fixed more than you do, but I just don't really see that happening. I mean, how many variants of blitzwing did we get? 5 I think; None of them were fixed and that was as blatant an issue as brawls is.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Genericon #378 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:I really hope they don't do this to Liokaiser. Where's Jallguar from Swindle? A new Leozack mold? And the Sky Lynx mold only has one repaint possibility that will look at least a little good: Big Purple Griffen. For shame, Hasbro. >:oP

I addressed the Jallguar thing above so I won't talk about that again but honestly the Griffin never made sense to me. First of all skylynx looks NOTHING like the griffin, they would have to do quite a bit of remolding for that to work. Also he's not really a character. If I remember right he's just a drone with no name and was in 1 maybe 2 episodes of the show and that's it. At least Deathsaurus' dragon mode, while not perfect, looks a bit like skylynx. There's no perfect solution to this by any means.

Sky Lynx looks nothing like Deathsaurus. And maybe the Griffin was a drone. So what? G1 Fort Max was basically a drone piloted by Cerebros, who himself was piloted by someone else. Inception!

Still, both would make for a killer :CON: torso and I cannot wait to hear if I can snag it seperately =P~

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:50 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Perhaps that's been the right way to transform it all along? Better that it doesn't lock in than have that floppy mess?

Well no, the cw version has painted details showing you which is the proper side, besides, the front that's showing in the pic there, is where has/tak are putting the trademark info...

Maybe that's the mistake. They put the trademark info on the wrong side.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Shuttershock » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

Still, both would make for a killer :CON: torso and I cannot wait to hear if I can snag it seperately =P~

I kind of want the Griffin, if only so the combiner can be called "Purple Reign". :-D
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Agamemnon wrote:I loved the review when he popped Swindle's head off. How many Transformers have wished to do exactly that? :lol:

All too many have dreamed of doing that :lol: :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
munkimus prime wrote:Onslaught looks really nice. The Torso Transformation is pretty cool how it does the opposite of Hotspot where the back pack goes over the head instead.

Both backpacks were so incredibly involved, they may have put more effort into those two parts alone than all of motormaster :lol:

The backpacks alone are worthy of praise. Both molds handled that amazingly :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Perhaps that's been the right way to transform it all along? Better that it doesn't lock in than have that floppy mess?

Well no, the cw version has painted details showing you which is the proper side, besides, the front that's showing in the pic there, is where has/tak are putting the trademark info...

Maybe that's the mistake. They put the trademark info on the wrong side.

But they also put the painted detail on the other side though, indicating that should be the correct way. instead with this way the paint detail is tucked up under the body :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:05 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
If you watch optibotimus' second video, you'll see that the 'proper way' has paint on it, and the method in the photo will reveal copyright info - or something of the like - on the toy; don't get me wrong, I want this fixed more than you do, but I just don't really see that happening. I mean, how many variants of blitzwing did we get? 5 I think; None of them were fixed and that was as blatant an issue as brawls is.

I did and all I saw was a guy repeating what he said the first time. This past week I have written not one but 2 articles which were about correcting an oversight from multiple reviewers. Hotspot's knees and Magnus' gun holding also had people claiming there was a flaw present when it wasnt as bad as they thought. I am not saying Optibotimus was wrong, but I wont fault anything until I have it in my hands and can see it for myself along with the instructions. I have been amazed at what the tf community as a collective could find in terms of fixes. And while Takara rarely makes this big a change to a mold, if it is indeed this bad, the jury is not yet out of how they will handle Brawl.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Cobotron wrote: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: 500 pages of Combiner Wars ramblings y'all!! Woot Woot! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
I was wondering if someone was going to point this out. It seems just like yesterday when this thread hit 300 pages. I think the toy haul thread just hit 500 pages as well.

Back on topic, dat Swindle shall be mine. I'll probably nab Brawl even with the back problems. Still not sure about the rest of the Combaticast though. Back off topic: I think the RID minicon invasion my have my pocket book held for ransom at this point.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:09 pm

carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: 500 pages of Combiner Wars ramblings y'all!! Woot Woot! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
I was wondering if someone was going to point this out. It seems just like yesterday when this thread hit 300 pages. I think the toy haul thread just hit 500 pages as well.

Back on topic, dat Swindle shall be mine. I'll probably nab Brawl even with the back problems. Still not sure about the rest of the Combaticast though. Back off topic: I think the RID minicon invasion my have my pocket book held for ransom at this point.

Don't let them minis hold your wallet down! you know you want some of this! Especially Swindle. and Onslaught :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Shuttershock wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Genericon #378 wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

I kind of want the Griffin, if only so the combiner can be called "Purple Reign". :-D

Yes 8-)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby no-one » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:24 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:! Especially Swindle. and Onslaught :BOT:

I'm on the fence about Onslaught. He was the only G1 Combaticon I had though. Something about him isn't doing it for me, but Bruticus looks totally boss. #thestruggle
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON