This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:00 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
albnok wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
albnok wrote:About the net - it's expensive to ship to Malaysia, and any online retailer based in Malaysia won't have Sky Lynx nor Swindle/Blast Off/Brawl/Vortex either. Nearby in Southeast Asia, Singapore (sometimes) has earlier arrivals, or not at all - Blackjack/Huffer was notably missing. China has better stock but I can't read Chinese and dare not take the plunge using Google Translate. It's funny how hard it is to get stocked considering the toys are made nearby, in Vietnam!

I should also mention that the culture is a bit different in the city - the toy collector shops are easy to get to by train, and our courier services aren't that dependable (I've had to go to the post office because they say nobody was in, when there was...) That, and there generally isn't a culture of returning items or accepting returns. Thus the only time I'd get something shipped is if I cannot physically buy it in the country!

Thanks for letting us in on your cultural toy habits!

Hey albnok, if it isnt too much trouble, could you take pictures of the back of the comics, which shows the bios. Those are bios we have never seen before. If its clear enough to read from your photo, we will news it for all to see!

Sure thing! Sorry about the white balance, uploaded from unedited JPG:

Rotated the pic for ya. :D

Click for Full Size
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Viollustre » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 am

william-james88 wrote:
albnok wrote:About the net - it's expensive to ship to Malaysia, and any online retailer based in Malaysia won't have Sky Lynx nor Swindle/Blast Off/Brawl/Vortex either. Nearby in Southeast Asia, Singapore (sometimes) has earlier arrivals, or not at all - Blackjack/Huffer was notably missing. China has better stock but I can't read Chinese and dare not take the plunge using Google Translate. It's funny how hard it is to get stocked considering the toys are made nearby, in Vietnam!

I should also mention that the culture is a bit different in the city - the toy collector shops are easy to get to by train, and our courier services aren't that dependable (I've had to go to the post office because they say nobody was in, when there was...) That, and there generally isn't a culture of returning items or accepting returns. Thus the only time I'd get something shipped is if I cannot physically buy it in the country!

Malaysia can!

These "trophies" have definitely found themselves in more places than one over here. Same can't be said about our actual wildlife...
Viollustre
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
albnok wrote:Here's an edit that won't give you neck strain:

Thanks! But having them all on one image makes the writing a bit small. Could you make it one picture per comic, like that it would be bigger?

I know Sabreblade tried something above to make the picture bigger but I get a broken image and a non working link.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4469
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby King Kuuga » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:07 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
william-james88 wrote:

Thanks! But having them all on one image makes the writing a bit small. Could you make it one picture per comic, like that it would be bigger?

I know Sabreblade tried something above to make the picture bigger but I get a broken image and a non working link.

albnok's image is actually huge, it's just this website that's shrinking it. Click this link to view the full size.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Microraptor » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I freaking love these bios!
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:30 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Really awesome bios! I love em! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:34 am

That Bot wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

albnok's image is actually huge, it's just this website that's shrinking it. Click this link to view the full size.

Ok, thanks! albnok, false alarm :D

But if you want to post some in hand pics of the limbs, we dont have much of those yet (only wheeljack so far).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Exended Bios for Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Reign Wave

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 am

Fellow Seibertronian albnok found the Sky Reign limbs in the wild yesterday (in Malaysia) and has taken a picture of the extended bios they come with. Below you will see the bios for Generations Combienr Wars Trailbreaker, Smoksescreen, Wheeljack and Hound.

Click on the image to enlargen it and then let us know what your thoughts are on these fun bios!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby WiseMan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:00 am

I was interested in buying all of Sky Reign until I saw the light bars on Smokescreen. Geez, Hasbro, he's a race car. You couldn't even spring to get rid of the police lights? I just . . . I can't do it. It's too high on the lameness meter.

All I really wanted was Sky Lynx, so I'll get Liokaiser instead (or whatever English name they give him).
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
SillySpringer wrote:Lol I haven't been on the boards in a minute, have I missed anything? :lol: Anyhow I have finished designing the CW gestalt ankle joints, it's just a matter of getting a gestalt to try them out on before bothering to print them since I want to film my testing of it.

Click on the image to go over to the page on Tinkercad to see it in a 3d view to get a full feel for it.

Neat! I like the gear detailing near the balljoint.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby bluecatcinema » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 am

I liked the nod to Trailbreaker's previous change of name.
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:59 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
bluecatcinema wrote:I liked the nod to Trailbreaker's previous change of name.

That was nice, especially considering they had a Trailcutter toy only 2 years ago :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:08 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
albnok wrote:Trailbreaker CW #17: The Possible Light
Wheeljack CW #18: Mistakes And Mayhem
Hound CW #19: You, Me, And The Universe
Smokescreen CW #20: (no title?)
You're a rockstar, thanks!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 am

Boy, Hound's and Wheeljack's bios sure aren't IDW-based (even despite Wheeljack's mentioning IDW's Ultirex University).

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Autobot N » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Delta Magnus wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Lol I haven't been on the boards in a minute, have I missed anything? :lol: Anyhow I have finished designing the CW gestalt ankle joints, it's just a matter of getting a gestalt to try them out on before bothering to print them since I want to film my testing of it.

Click on the image to go over to the page on Tinkercad to see it in a 3d view to get a full feel for it.

Neat! I like the gear detailing near the balljoint.

Yeah, that is pretty neat.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:27 am

Sabrblade wrote:Boy, Hound's and Wheeljack's bios sure aren't IDW-based (even despite Wheeljack's mentioning IDW's Ultirex University).

To be fair, no one wants to do anything with Hound in IDW. Not even the Lord and Saviour Roberts, who squeezed out a pretty good Hoist story.

Trailbreaker is also just as much G1 classic as IDW here.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Triptykon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 am

Digging on that hound.
Triptykon
Micromaster
Watch Triptykon on YouTube

Postby fenrir72 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+

Protectobot Groove Found on Hasbro Site as Specified Limb for Defensor

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:52 am

Fellow Seibrtronian Mindmaster sent us some new art featuring Transformers Combienr Wars Defensor. This was found on a facebook post from artist Marcelo Matere.

This same image now appears on Hasbro's main Transformers website. What is extremely peculiar though, and this was broght to our atention by 0autobot0, is that even if the image has Rook as a limb, the breakdown of the "bots" is the following:

Blades, Groove, Hotspot, Streetwise and Firstaid.

Yes, indeed, Groove is the autobot described. Selecting Groove gives you new art as well for each mode.

This can all be simply related to fiction and as a description of G1 Defensor, who always had Groove as part of his team. Then again, the designation of this character as "deluxe" does reference the fact that he is a toy too.

It is still interesting to note that this is the team up according to the official Transformers site and that there is an awful lot of attention given to a character who doesn't have a deluxe toy out from Hasbro.

Feel free to speculate the significance of this on the boards!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Very interesting, very interesting indeed :-?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:03 pm

There are even more errors there than what meets the eye.

In the above pics, Groove has his G1 robot and vehicle modes instead of his CW ones.

Hot Spot has his CW robot mode but his GDO vehicle mode.

Blades and Streetwise each have their CW robot modes but their G1 vehicle modes.

And First Aid apparently has no vehicle mode.

Additionally...

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/co ... s/superion

Alpha Bravo and Powerglide are counted among the Aerialbots, but Powerglide can't transform. And Silverbolt has his Universe Ultra class robot mode with more yellows added.

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/co ... rs/menasor

Dead End is WFC Dead End in robot mode and CW Dead End in vehicle mode, Motormaster has his G1 robot mode and his CW truck mode, Breakdown has his TFSS robot mode and his CW vehicle mode, Offroad is Dead End in robot mode (has the correct vehicle mode, though), and Blackjack is included but can't transform.

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/co ... devastator

Mixmaster has his mixer drum split open like shelled wings in robot mode and has his G1 altmode, Long Haul has his G1 robot mode, and both Bonecrusher and Scavenger remind me more of some of their 3rd party toys in robot mode.

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/co ... us-maximus

Sunstreaker is Universe Sunstreaker in both modes, Mirage has his Classics vehicle mode, Optimus is MP-10 in both modes, Prowl has his Universe vehicle mode, and Ironhide has his Universe vehicle mode.

Nice goin, Hasbro.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
T1000 is riding Groove! :O
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Carnivius_Prime wrote:T1000 is riding Groove! :O

Or Eric Estrada. I can't tell... :-s
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:15 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So at first I was wondering that they were going to go the quickslinger route and get deluxe groove out there then I read what Sabrblade put and now doubt the competence if the person who put the website together.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:17 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:So at first I was wondering that they were going to go the quickslinger route and get deluxe groove out there then I read what Sabrblade put and now doubt the competence if the person who put the website together.

Screw Groove, give me that awesome looking Mixmaster. That is a great design!

But yeah, it looks like its just a hodge podge of team members using comissioned art from artists who didnt have a solid unifying vision.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #3 Cvr E RI 1:50 IDW Comics NOV221628 3E (CA)McKelvie"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr I 1:10 Modern Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220550 1I (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230123 117C"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #138 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 DEC221438 138B Ongoing (CA) Campbell + Eastman"
TMNT #138 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230420 (CA) Gonzales"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr O 1:100 B&W line art Dynamite Comics NOV220597 2O (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 SEP221741 3A (CA) Lattie"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr C RI 1:10 Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231657 (CA) Ziritt"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 DEC221443 6D 6RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr N 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230486 1N (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #2 Cvr F 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2F GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr H 1:10 Boom Studios Comics JUN230426 (CA) Mercado"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr G 1:50 Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220389 3G (CA) Di Meo"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230245 5C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON