This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New In-Hand Images - Combiner Wars Trailbreaker Featuring The Updated Hand/Foot/Gun

Postby optibotimus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:08 pm

william-james88 wrote:
caryweeone wrote:Fellow Seibertronian Decepticon Sunstorm has shared with us new images of Combiner Wars Trailbreaker and the unique Hand/Foot/Gun accessory that is included. This confirms that the accessory can be stored in Trailbreakers backpack to emulate the classic G1 Trailbreaker look. You can review the stock images of the Combiner Wars wave 6 limbs here.

Sorry for being a wet blanket earlier Cary, I totally wasnt understanding what everyone was seeing.

But now I do, thanks to your article!

Ok now I get the G1 reference. By plugging it to his back, you end up with the ridge above his head and the antenas in the back like this:

Transformers G1 1984 Trailbreaker Gallery

Except you don't actually plug anything in...you just kind of wedge the hand section into the cap behind his head. Not sure i would really say that's much of anything since it doesn't actually lock into any place. At least not that i can find on my figure
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:23 pm

Seibertron wrote:Combiner Wars Trailbreaker is by far the first and only one of the Autobots Cars that is better (much better) than the not-so-great Generations "Trailcutter" that we got a couple of years ago. I'd love to have him with his proper chest and all but the rinky dink size of Trailcutter plus the very odd vehicle mode just didn't do it for me.
I think the Gen Trailcutter has a good bot mode (it looks good standing with my other Lost Lighters), but a lackluster alt mode (it is very tiny).

I still haven't warmed up to the CW mold yet. I think this helps a lot and differentiates it from the other Offroad reuses. The colors are very striking and I am digging that sweet flat top TB is sporting.

william-james88 wrote:Sorry for being a wet blanket earlier Cary, I totally wasnt understanding what everyone was seeing.

No worries. I had a good feeling that the hand would work this way once I got a good look at it. I'm very thankful Decepticon Sunstorm was gracious enough to humor me and forward along some pics.

optibotimus wrote:Except you don't actually plug anything in...you just kind of wedge the hand section into the cap behind his head. Not sure i would really say that's much of anything since it doesn't actually lock into any place. At least not that i can find on my figure
So that flat thumb doesn't help it stay put or fit any better than the other Offroad molds? It would seem odd that the hand has been redesigned so differently if there wasn't some type of special use in mind. :-?

Now I feel I need to pick this figure up just out of curiousity.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I actually really like the thrilling 30 Trailcutter. Awesome robot mode and yes the alt mode is small but I still find it fun. Now this Trailbreaker I cannot wait to get. He looks so much fun and I do love what they did with him.

Also, Disappointed that all the Onslaughts have grey chests.... :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby optibotimus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 pm

caryweeone wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Combiner Wars Trailbreaker is by far the first and only one of the Autobots Cars that is better (much better) than the not-so-great Generations "Trailcutter" that we got a couple of years ago. I'd love to have him with his proper chest and all but the rinky dink size of Trailcutter plus the very odd vehicle mode just didn't do it for me.
I think the Gen Trailcutter has a good bot mode (it looks good standing with my other Lost Lighters), but a lackluster alt mode (it is very tiny).

I still haven't warmed up to the CW mold yet. I think this helps a lot and differentiates it from the other Offroad reuses. The colors are very striking and I am digging that sweet flat top TB is sporting.

william-james88 wrote:Sorry for being a wet blanket earlier Cary, I totally wasnt understanding what everyone was seeing.

No worries. I had a good feeling that the hand would work this way once I got a good look at it. I'm very thankful Decepticon Sunstorm was gracious enough to humor me and forward along some pics.

optibotimus wrote:Except you don't actually plug anything in...you just kind of wedge the hand section into the cap behind his head. Not sure i would really say that's much of anything since it doesn't actually lock into any place. At least not that i can find on my figure
So that flat thumb doesn't help it stay put or fit any better than the other Offroad molds? It would seem odd that the hand has been redesigned so differently if there wasn't some type of special use in mind. :-?

Every way i've found to do it, i feel you're just wedging it in there. If the guy that took these pictures could be a little more descriptive with how he accomplished the look, i could recreate it. But like i said, right now i just feel like i'm forcing it in a gap.
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Shuttershock » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

"What? I'm Trailbreaker again? Oh COME ON, guys! I went out and bought an axe and everything!"
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby optibotimus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:35 pm

Shuttershock wrote:"What? I'm Trailbreaker again? Oh COME ON, guys! I went out and bought an axe and everything!"

They actually address that in the extended bio on the back. Saying he had loneliness issues and changed his name to appear more confident lol
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:40 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Hey guys, I know this was newsed a few weeks ago, but here is another review of Wheeljack for you guys:

:BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:02 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon

I have to disagree. I quite like the Generations Trailcutter in both modes even if a bit undersized whereas this CW version just looks awful to me. Really scrawny and bland robot mode in particular like the majority of CW limb-bots.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Autobot N » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 am

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
caryweeone wrote:No worries. I had a good feeling that the hand would work this way once I got a good look at it. I'm very thankful Decepticon Sunstorm was gracious enough to humor me and forward along some pics.

;)^
caryweeone wrote:

I grabbed Ironhide to test, and his HFG fits in about as well as Trailbreaker's.

optibotimus wrote:Every way i've found to do it, i feel you're just wedging it in there. If the guy that took these pictures could be a little more descriptive with how he accomplished the look, i could recreate it. But like i said, right now i just feel like i'm forcing it in a gap.

Your description of it is about right. You are more or less just wedging it in there. However, it does hold in pretty tight.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Microraptor » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:18 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Is the gun-hand a 5mm port?
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:38 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Microraptor wrote:Is the gun-hand a 5mm port?
Yes it is.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Yes it is.

Which means that he can have a cannon or a hulk hand. Sweet. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Insurgent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:26 am

Anyone ever switched Alpha Bravo and Blades in the Superion/Defensor arms? The unified colourscheme looks pretty swish on both bots (assuming you have Firefly as an arm).
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:55 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Yup, this settles it, definitely buying hound (praying he's not like my swindle) and trail-breaker-cutter-thingy; love the amount of changes they made to him 8-)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???

Video Reviews of Combiner Wars Wave 2 Figures and Sky Reign

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Fellow Seibertronians, we have for you today, a full set of video reviews for the upcoming wave 2 Combiner Wars figure's by Chefatron, including a review of Sky Reign himself. Take a look at the reviews below and let us know what you think of this next set of combining Ark-bots. Will you be getting any of them? Let us know in the comments below.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Ya know, for not having the G1 figure and not 'getting' the G1 figure, this guy sure can't get over this guy not living up to the G1 figure :roll:

And reviewers still can't get over the torso's being light, as though they've forgotten the mess that was menasor :roll:

Though his amount of paint apps may have reached an all time low, him and his wavemates, so unfortunate :BANG_HEAD:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby no-one » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:34 pm

I just watched the TB review. That was an ummm... experience.

I'll check the others later.

I was planning on just WJ (not 88) and Hound, but I really want to play around with TB's HFG and that arm cannon looks pretty darn slick.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Microraptor » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes it is.

Or an axe-hand!
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Courage: 10+

Postby Corsair » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:57 pm

Motto: "That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error."
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Microraptor wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes it is.

Or an axe-hand!

Trailbreaker with Trailcuttin' Axe Hand! :-P
Corsair
Minibot
Alt Mode: 2000 horse power of nitro-boosted warmachine
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Postby no-one » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Tyberion wrote:
Microraptor wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes it is.

Or an axe-hand!

Trailbreaker with Trailcuttin' Axe Hand! :-P
How about: "Now with Trailbuttering axetion"?

I'll see my way out.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby MemphisR56 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Motto: "An inconvenience is just an adventure wrongly viewed!"
Weapon: Crossbow
I actually found that review deeply irritating. We've seen 4 characters out of the off-road mold now, and people STILL don't know how the handfootgun plugs into the truckbed.

And when he couldn't transform it properly
-whine
-complain
-blame hasbro
-physically slap the figure
-try to force the joints
-only then calmly check to see if something hadn't lined up properly.

Good god man, treat your figures better!

Needs a disclaimer: "No trailbreakers were harmed during the making of this film."
PSN: MemphisR56
Twitter: @Ratchphis

MemphisR56
Pretender
News Credits: 6
Watch MemphisR56 on YouTube
Buy from MemphisR56 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 pm

MemphisR56 wrote:I actually found that review deeply irritating. We've seen 4 characters out of the off-road mold now, and people STILL don't know how the handfootgun plugs into the truckbed.

And when he couldn't transform it properly
-whine
-complain
-blame hasbro
-physically slap the figure
-try to force the joints
-only then calmly check to see if something hadn't lined up properly.

Good god man, treat your figures better!

Needs a disclaimer: "No trailbreakers were harmed during the making of this film."

Yeah, not the best reviews I've seen, the sky lynx and reign one's were worse :roll:

Kinda regret front paging them, but they are informative in the barest sense of the review >:oP

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm finally warming up to taking a paint marker to some figures to give them silver hubcaps, black out Wheeljack's windows and chest, etc. The paint apps in the past year have been so skimpy in USA.

I hate it that paint apps are where Hasbro cuts costs. (Wish they could put out another dozen Bumblebees or some simple 3-step kid toys to raise some money instead.)

As for other cost saving methods, I've been okay with thinner cardboard and cheaper paper for instructions. But degrading the toy, its plastic quality, its paint, etc. That's a downer. The wing holes (to cut out plastic use) on Sky Lynx — like we saw on Jetfire — are a real bummer, though the figure looks pretty spot on besides that.

I'm pretty excited about all of these. Though they're not perfect, and are retools of Stunticons etc., the head sculpts and homages (like Trailbreakers hand) are lovingly done. Will definitely pick them up.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:49 pm

gothsaurus wrote:The wing holes (to cut out plastic use) on Sky Lynx — like we saw on Jetfire — are a real bummer, though the figure looks pretty spot on besides that.

Why? If you leave the wings folded in, the blue shows throught the cut-outs, which would probably make it look awesome 8-)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby no-one » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:The wing holes (to cut out plastic use) on Sky Lynx — like we saw on Jetfire — are a real bummer, though the figure looks pretty spot on besides that.

Why? If you leave the wings folded in, the blue shows throught the cut-outs, which would probably make it look awesome 8-)
I like the peekaboo blue. Looks neat. It's a nice compromise to hollow-ness or lack of paint apps.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON