This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
caryweeone wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
gothsaurus wrote:The wing holes (to cut out plastic use) on Sky Lynx — like we saw on Jetfire — are a real bummer, though the figure looks pretty spot on besides that.

Why? If you leave the wings folded in, the blue shows throught the cut-outs, which would probably make it look awesome 8-)
I like the peekaboo blue. Looks neat. It's a nice compromise to hollow-ness or lack of paint apps.

At least, since they had to do this, they made it look really cool - this is the type of cost-cutting I'm okay with
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
No pics of that fist plugged into the arm cannon? :(
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Motto: "Loose joints cost lives."
Weapon: Optical Distortion Projector
Just got my Onslaught/Skylynx box this afternoon. All I can say is wow. Onslaught is incredible! Easily the best torso for the entire line, everything on him is so secure and tight. Well, actually I haven't turned Skylynx into torso mode yet so I can't definitively say that, too busy drooling over Bruticus.
=P~ :michaelbay: :APPLAUSE:

I think someone wanted to see Skylynx with 4 legs? I don't know if anyone posted a pic yet, but he looks goofy as heck. Doesn't work very well imo. Makes him look like a weird tower with a bird head on top or something :lol:

Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: A maroon 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:51 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Mr Skram wrote:Just got my Onslaught/Skylynx box this afternoon. All I can say is wow. Onslaught is incredible! Easily the best torso for the entire line, everything on him is so secure and tight. Well, actually I haven't turned Skylynx into torso mode yet so I can't definitively say that, too busy drooling over Bruticus.
=P~ :michaelbay: :APPLAUSE:

I think someone wanted to see Skylynx with 4 legs? I don't know if anyone posted a pic yet, but he looks goofy as heck. Doesn't work very well imo. Makes him look like a weird tower with a bird head on top or something :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my gosh that is hilarious.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:57 pm

I was too busy fawning over Bruticus so I really didn't bother trying to make Skylynx look good in that first pic. Here's a couple pics of a slightly better configuration with the back legs reversed to allow the joint to move more freely.

8-}

There are probably better options if you're gonna do this, but these are my only free limbs at the moment.

All hail Stomplynx!
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Mr Skram wrote:Image

Is that a custom Cyclonus gun/Galvatron cannon on his wing?
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:04 pm

SillySpringer wrote:Is that a custom Cyclonus gun/Galvatron cannon on his wing?

Yeah, I painted the one that came with Cyclonus awhile back. No reason for Skylynx to have it other than it was sitting there when I was taking pics, and well, why not?
:-D

I actually never got around to painting the back section that pops off, but you can't really tell in the pic. It would have been mostly gray anyway.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Mr Skram wrote:I was too busy fawning over Bruticus so I really didn't bother trying to make Skylynx look good in that first pic. Here's a couple pics of a slightly better configuration with the back legs reversed to allow the joint to move more freely.
[snipped while laughing]
8-}

There are probably better options if you're gonna do this, but these are my only free limbs at the moment.

All hail Stomplynx!

Hey thanks for remembering my request!!! That does look a bit goofy but for some strange reason I love it! Could you do it backwards in the fan mode Lynx mode by chance?

Tyberion wrote:
Microraptor wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Microraptor wrote:Is the gun-hand a 5mm port?
Yes it is.

Which means that he can have a cannon or a hulk hand. Sweet. :BOT:

Or an axe-hand!

Trailbreaker with Trailcuttin' Axe Hand! :-P

I can go for this. Trailbreaker with a little Cutter in him! (puns haha)

But this review didn't cover that much extra. I will be posting Emgo reviews as they come cause he does show stuff that most other reviewers don't, such as proper H/F/G integration.

Optibotimus, you got these guys yet? Able to give any other opinions or have any reviews up soon?

And I'm hoping at least someone does a review that does include Hound's shoulder cannon attachment. It really does work and is awesome for the mold. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:08 pm

Mr Skram wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Is that a custom Cyclonus gun/Galvatron cannon on his wing?

Yeah, I painted the one that came with Cyclonus awhile back. No reason for Skylynx to have it other than it was sitting there when I was taking pics, and well, why not?
:-D

I actually never got around to painting the back section that pops off, but you can't really tell in the pic. It would have been mostly gray anyway.

That cannon looks pretty incredible in those colors. I even like the little green sight!
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:25 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Hey thanks for remembering my request!!! That does look a bit goofy but for some strange reason I love it! Could you do it backwards in the fan mode Lynx mode by chance?

Sure thing, D-Max!

Now I'm not sure if I have the optimal configuration for Lynx mode, still not too familiar with this figure yet but hopefully it's close enough to give you a good idea.

The front legs in Lynx mode(back legs in bird-dino) are a lot harder to pose since they don't have any outward movement at the shoulder(hip) area.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby Railbomb » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
Mr Skram wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Hey thanks for remembering my request!!! That does look a bit goofy but for some strange reason I love it! Could you do it backwards in the fan mode Lynx mode by chance?

Sure thing, D-Max!

Now I'm not sure if I have the optimal configuration for Lynx mode, still not too familiar with this figure yet but hopefully it's close enough to give you a good idea.

The front legs in Lynx mode(back legs in bird-dino) are a lot harder to pose since they don't have any outward movement at the shoulder(hip) area.

I was playing around with this concept before with Superion but it didn't really work well with his head. I think it would be kind of cool to see a combiner that was like the original plans for what turned int Predaking- 5 beastbots that combine into a larger animal.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Mr Skram wrote:

Alright, despite posability issues, that is really awesome looking!! If the Sky part of him was extended out as a tail, that would totally work (and if Ironhide were a back leg and maybe SunStreaker was a front leg). I really like this. I might actually pose him like this normally.... :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:52 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Alright, despite posability issues, that is really awesome looking!! If the Sky part of him was extended out as a tail, that would totally work (and if Ironhide were a back leg and maybe SunStreaker was a front leg). I really like this. I might actually pose him like this normally.... :BOT:

Yeah, I didn't really mess with the limb options too much, but he does look pretty good with Optimus's guys(even if Sunstreaker clashes with the color scheme). Swap Sunstreaker out for Wheeljack or Smokescreen, or any other mostly red/white/blue dude, and you got yourself a real good looking combiner.

Here's one more shot for good measure, the *mostly* correct combined mode:
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Hellscream9999 wrote:Ya know, for not having the G1 figure and not 'getting' the G1 figure, this guy sure can't get over this guy not living up to the G1 figure :roll:
I know! And the review for Reign was weird. He praises the combiner in the beginning, then 12 seconds later is all "... ehhh... meehhh...". Do you like it or not dude? Overall a pretty negative fella.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:58 pm

shajaki wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Ya know, for not having the G1 figure and not 'getting' the G1 figure, this guy sure can't get over this guy not living up to the G1 figure :roll:
I know! And the review for Reign was weird. He praises the combiner in the beginning, then 12 seconds later is all "... ehhh... meehhh...". Do you like it or not dude? Overall a pretty negative fella.

Well SkyLynx looks pretty disappointing though. I'm definitely not planning on getting him.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:07 pm

You can do some goofy things with him, but after handling the greatness that is Bruticus he's a bit of a let down. The hot/cold reactions to him make sense to me. Parts pop off left, right, and center too often for my liking. I am happier with him than I thought I'd be, though. He's a fun quirky figure to have on hand.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Mr Skram wrote:You can do some goofy things with him, but after handling the greatness that is Bruticus he's a bit of a let down. The hot/cold reactions to him make sense to me. Parts pop off left, right, and center too often for my liking. I am happier with him than I thought I'd be, though. He's a fun quirky figure to have on hand.

He looks to me like an up-scaled arms micron kit. He has too many holes and gaps in him and just looks plain cheap. At least to me. Even if I had Chefatron's review on mute, I could see a whole list of grossly ignored problems with him.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby shajaki » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
SillySpringer wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Well SkyLynx looks pretty disappointing though. I'm definitely not planning on getting him.
To each his own I 'spose. Aside from not having a lynx mode, I have nothing to complain about.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:24 pm

shajaki wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
shajaki wrote:
To each his own I 'spose. Aside from not having a lynx mode, I have nothing to complain about.

It's rare that I think the G1 toy looks better, and that's how I feel about Skylynx. The legs and everything just look so bad to me. Chefatron even said that the box was cheaper than normal, unless he somehow got a knockoff.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
SillySpringer wrote: Chefatron even said that the box was cheaper than normal

Yeah because God forbid they use less packaging materials. Who needs trees when you can have toy boxes that just get thrown away.. >:oP
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:38 pm

steals_your_goats wrote:

Yeah because God forbid they use less packaging materials. Who needs trees when you can have toy boxes that just get thrown away.. >:oP

...and don't protect the figures worth a hoot.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:39 pm

Hmm, my Skylynx box does feel slightly "fuzzy" compared to Onslaught's box, but other than that the art and rest of the printing looks just as good. Same quality plastic insert, window, instructions, and plastic tie-downs as well. Actually, the printing on the inner box looks way better than Onslaught's for some reason.

I mean, I totally get the complaints, I wasn't too keen on the figure myself for most of the same reasons as anyone else. I preordered the voyager wave 2 box before looking too much into it and was starting to regret it once I did, but now that I have him in hand I do enjoy him. Nowhere near my favorite by any means, but I kinda figure that every mold has its problems and I overlook those easily enough on other characters. Not trying to sell anyone on the guy, just my opinion.
;)^
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:41 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
SillySpringer wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

Cardboard boxes don't protect against anything no matter how thick. It's the plastic tray that keeps figures from getting damaged
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

Well if his was anything like mine, it's just different, not worse. Has a texture instead of being glossy smooth. It would protect the figure as much as any other CW box would.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

Postby Mr Skram » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 pm

I just went back and checked out that Skylynx video review. His box must be an early production thing meant for review purposes(though I'm not sure if he mentions anything like that), a factory error, or possibly a KO. I'm leaning towards factory error. I'm close to some people who make boxes for a living and sometimes they send out bad shipments by mistake. My Skylynx box is definitely nothing like chefatron's. Solid as can be, insert and all. Well, solid as the other CW boxes anyway.

But enough about boxes... Skylynx has me excited for Liokaiser, and I don't even have any attachment or knowledge of the characters. Hopefully they tweak the torso mold in some positive ways like they did for the Hotspot>Onslaught "upgrade". Though I don't expect anything quite as drastic.
Mr Skram
Headmaster Jr

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #18 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR230182 18B (CA) Renaud (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #18 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220240 331A (W) McConville (CA) Barends"
SPAWN #331 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr G cardstock Image Comics 2022 1G (CA) White Sketch"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #9 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220193 9A (CA) Revolver"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230351 21B (CA)Mattina (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #1 Cvr B virgin Image Comics 2023 NOV220030 1B Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EIGHT BILLION GENIES #7 Cvr C Spawn Image Comics 2023 SEP228065 7C (CA) Browne"
EIGHT BILLION GENI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #26 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM347 26B (CA) Ngu (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #26 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210014 1B (CA) McFarlane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr B retro Image Comics 2024 0723IM806 268B (W/A/CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr C DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223270 1C (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr K 1:30 Image Comics 2022 JUN220019 1K (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 APR230292 343C (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr C v ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON