This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Full disclosure: I don't care if this combiner was named Barney Fife. It's another Decepticon COmbiner and I want that. More Cons.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with the more cons sentiment.
Luckily I have no emotional/nostalgic attachment to LionCaesar so I'm ok with most of this update/homage.
Although at this point I think I'm done with CW. We'll see.

Is the little falcon dude a new mold, or is it a re-purposed Micron?

Remember when I found the crazy micron bow gun online? He was in there (he's at the front:

And I ake it yourwont be getting Computron?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby RAR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:48 pm

I anticipate a 3rd party kit being made for this to add accuracy to the tanks.

I will admit it's fair to complain that the black on Dezarus isn't entirely successful. He actually needs some of those black pieces to be teal really to work well.

But it's a Decepticon and not one we usually see so for that reason I'm OK with it existing. and frankly if it bothers you that much there is always a perfectly respectable 3rd party option for the Character.

But some of the complaints are quite reasonable - like yes one of those tanks would have been better if it was using the modified rook mode.

I hope Hasbro make some vs packs using Combiner Wars moulds that would help fill in some of the missing characters including for this set.

I was a little ambiguous in my feelings about the Blue-Bluestreak being a club toy as I was with the Botcon Ratchet. I think that isn't really how they should have been sold to the public - they are not niche enough to be sold in such a niche way.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Full disclosure: I don't care if this combiner was named Barney Fife. It's another Decepticon COmbiner and I want that. More Cons.
r :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with the more cons sentiment.
Luckily I have no emotional/nostalgic attachment to LionCaesar so I'm ok with most of this update/homage.
Although at this point I think I'm done with CW. We'll see.

Is the little falcon dude a new mold, or is it a re-purposed Micron?

Remember when I found the crazy micron bow gun online? He was in there (he's at the front:

And I ake it yourwont be getting Computron?

I eill probably be douple dipping, sadly. Someone had to point out that the Hasbro Nosecone and Strafe make a good version of SkyFeather and Heatrock. And for some reason I prefer the orange Afterburner.

And I would liek to know why every iteration of that Micron I have ends up being a darker blue. I even bought one to serve as Jackpot's partner and he's dark too.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Liokaiser looks amazing, I can't believe they went full out on the new headsculpts, they're gorgeous, can't wait to combine them with Galvatronus. I hope to Primus that dezarus doesn't carry over the woeful plastic and qc issue's of sky lynx, but if the other gift sets are anything to go by, he will >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Kurona » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
RAR wrote:I anticipate a 3rd party kit being made for this to add accuracy to the tanks.

I anticipate third parties doing a lot more than that for this guy
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Hellscream9999 wrote:Liokaiser looks amazing, I can't believe they went full out on the new headsculpts, they're gorgeous, can't wait to combine them with Galvatronus. I hope to Primus that dezarus doesn't carry over the woeful plastic and qc issue's of sky lynx, but if the other gift sets are anything to go by, he will >:oP
what QC issues? My Sky Lynx haan't given me any issues?
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Liokaiser looks amazing, I can't believe they went full out on the new headsculpts, they're gorgeous, can't wait to combine them with Galvatronus. I hope to Primus that dezarus doesn't carry over the woeful plastic and qc issue's of sky lynx, but if the other gift sets are anything to go by, he will >:oP

The torso's hips arent loose?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Flashwave wrote:

Most of them have garbage thigh joints, and the dino feet are too wide for the ankle cover on the combiner thighs. The shoulders don't lock in securely at all, and the plastic is squishy to the touch

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:08 pm

It's bizarre how they fused 3 separate characters into one using a mold that doesn't fit any of them (or really anyone besides Sky Lynx), while making the Mini-Con a brand new character.
... although I kinda want that Dezarus, as a Nemesis Sky Lynx!
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:09 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Sky Lynx doesnt stay combined for me like Superion or Defensor, but let me go put him together. This is all mews to me. Mine came from BBTS in a case with Onslaught.
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:11 pm

Flashwave wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Sky Lynx doesnt stay combined for me like Superion or Defensor, but let me go put him together. This is all mews to me. Mine came from BBTS in a case with Onslaught.

So did mine, and he'll fall over or do the splits if you cough in another room

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

Most of them have garbage thigh joints, and the dino feet are too wide for the ankle cover on the combiner thighs. The shoulders don't lock in securely at all, and the plastic is squishy to the touch

We now know why its squishy, its because its a "flying" toy. That doesnt explain why hotspot had tha squishy platic too though.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Flashwave wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

I got the same case pack, and I have no issues with hips or joints. The plastic is squishy, but... what evs.

Those head sculpts +
Hellscream wrote: can't wait to combine them with Galvatronus
= a slight tinge of The WANTS! :BANG_HEAD:

Edit: and Will, if you were asking me about computron. UW has been a thought. Let's say, he's on the table.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot N » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Since Kaiser is a Platinum, I'll probably wait to see what Takara does with him, since the price won't be that different anyway.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5

Postby Noideaforaname » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Squishy plastic? Wha? Nothing remotely soft on my Sky Lynx. The thin blue parts have a bit of bend, but nothing approaching 'squishy'.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:

So did mine, and he'll fall over or do the splits if you cough in another room

When you guys say squishy plastic, are we talkimg about Universe Prowl issues? Cause I DEFINATELY don't see that. I am not aure what you mean by ankle covers and dino feet. The Hop ratchets seem tight enough to me. They are certainly tighter than Superion. Here he is standing on a Mattress. And yes, Skydive had a mishap with a wing.Image
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Flashwave wrote:When you guys say squishy plastic, are we talkimg about Universe Prowl issues? Cause I DEFINATELY don't see that. I am not aure what you mean by ankle covers and dino feet. The Hop ratchets seem tight enough to me. They are certainly tighter than Superion. Here he is standing on a Mattress. And yes, Skydive had a mishap with a wing.Image

Then you got very lucky if that's the case ;)

Mine can't hold a dynamic pose very well (and by that, just a standard slightly spread legs angle forward one click)

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Autobot N wrote:Since Kaiser is a Platinum, I'll probably wait to see what Takara does with him, since the price won't be that different anyway.

Actually him being a Platinnum is a good indication that Takara wont do him. So far any platinum release from Takara is just a rerelease of the US version. So odds are if Takara releases Liokaiser, it will just be this same toy.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:When you guys say squishy plastic, are we talkimg about Universe Prowl issues? Cause I DEFINATELY don't see that. I am not aure what you mean by ankle covers and dino feet. The Hop ratchets seem tight enough to me. They are certainly tighter than Superion. Here he is standing on a Mattress. And yes, Skydive had a mishap with a wing.Image

Mine can't hold a dynamic pose very well (and by that, just a standard slightly spread legs angle forward one click)

You have me scared for Dezaras now...

just set Sky Reign on the dining room table. He is slightly back heavy, i watched mibe lean back on the thumb/heel. But its not any more than the feet could handle. I am still curious what you mean about the plastic
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Surprised some of the molds haven't totally degenerated from overuse by now. Easy pass.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

just set Sky Reign on the dining room table. He is slightly back heavy, i watched mibe lean back on the thumb/heel. But its not any more than the feet could handle. I am still curious what you mean about the plastic

What I mean is this. take the blue part out of his wings and place your thumb and index finger at the top and bottom of the wing and press. See if the plastic bends or stays rigid.

And its not the hip ratchets, its how loose they are to move back and forth.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:When you guys say squishy plastic, are we talkimg about Universe Prowl issues? Cause I DEFINATELY don't see that. I am not aure what you mean by ankle covers and dino feet. The Hop ratchets seem tight enough to me. They are certainly tighter than Superion. Here he is standing on a Mattress. And yes, Skydive had a mishap with a wing.

Eh, it's just thin, and softer than normal, it's most noticeable on the legs of hotspot, it's just an undesirable feeling when handling the figure, and I remember noticing it when playing with sky lynx.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kurona » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Since Kaiser is a Platinum, I'll probably wait to see what Takara does with him, since the price won't be that different anyway.

Actually him being a Platinnum is a good indication that Takara wont do him. So far any platinum release from Takara is just a rerelease of the US version. So odds are if Takara releases Liokaiser, it will just be this same toy.

Thing is, what have the Platinum releases aside from those been? Pretty much just straight redecoes of older toys - some less old than others; Autobot Heroes literally has a toy from last year; releases of Takara-exclusive molding like Battle Grimlock which... well, should be obvious why Takara didn't release them, and... I think aside from all that, the only unique tooling a Platinum set has ever had was the Sweep's head in the Cyclonus' Armada set which I can easily see why they didn't care.
This? This is a set that has never seen any retail release and has completely unique tooling on four of it's figures. If any Platinum set has a likelihood to be released or improved by Takara, it's most certainly this.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Thing is, what have the Platinum releases aside from those been? Pretty much just straight redecoes of older toys - some less old than others; Autobot Heroes literally has a toy from last year; releases of Takara-exclusive molding like Battle Grimlock which... well, should be obvious why Takara didn't release them, and... I think aside from all that, the only unique tooling a Platinum set has ever had was the Sweep's head in the Cyclonus' Armada set which I can easily see why they didn't care.
This? This is a set that has never seen any retail release and has completely unique tooling on four of it's figures. If any Platinum set has a likelihood to be released or improved by Takara, it's most certainly this.

Counter Argument: LioKaiser is a Japanese character. He is most prevalent to the Japanese fanbase. While that certainly lends itself to Takara wanting to hit him out of the park, why haven't they done him yet? its the International company doing the homage for a market clamoring for it, who didnt know he existed until the internet told them about it 10-15 years ago
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Counter Argument: LioKaiser is a Japanese character. He is most prevalent to the Japanese fanbase. While that certainly lends itself to Takara wanting to hit him out of the park, why haven't they done him yet? its the International company doing the homage for a market clamoring for it, who didnt know he existed until the internet told them about it 10-15 years ago

To further add to that, why haven't they done any generations style updates to any figures from victory or other Japan exclusive shows? They've done their own thing, but have never touched on their own past. I'd think a combining Victory Leo and Star Saber would have gone over huge over there, unless nostalgia works differently in their culture Image

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Legacy Evolution Core G1 Dinobots Volcanicus 2023 New"
NEW!
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON