This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
o.supreme wrote: Masterpiece may get there eventually...but still kind of cool.

Why arent we counting Universe?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I said in the original post I may have been incorrect. I never paid attention to Universe, did they release all the 1984 Autobot Cars?
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
o.supreme wrote:I said in the original post I may have been incorrect. I never paid attention to Universe, did they release all the 1984 Autobot Cars?

Counting the regular Generations and RTS lines, I think they pretty much did. One can have the ENTIRE (slightly updated) original G1 cast with those lines. Not counting the dinobots nor any other beastformers.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:53 pm

o.supreme wrote:I said in the original post I may have been incorrect. I never paid attention to Universe, did they release all the 1984 Autobot Cars?

They had the 3 datsuns and the 2 lambos and jazz came right after in RTS with Tracks (which was a direct continuation of the line). Wheeljack and red alert came in the next continuation using the very same molds as the previously established ones.

Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Smokescreen Gallery
Transformers Generations Red Alert (Alert) Gallery
Transformers Reveal The Shield Special Ops Jazz Gallery

A big portion of this thread has been about comparing these new versions to the Universe molds.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cobotron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:46 pm

It's that simple."
Yup, and that Bee worked really well.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:35 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm not bothering quoting but are you saying many fans complained that COMBINER WARS Liokaiser, a limited collectible based on bloody REPAINTS, is not Masterpeice level of accuracy?

Jeezus.

Fokking.

Kreist.

:BANG_HEAD:

Damn, I LOATHE that kind of fan. No matter the fandom.
I'm giving the "complainers" the benefit of the doubt and assuming they roughly share my feelings on this, which aren't negative, just the most...violently-mixed feelings I've had about any new TF for a good decade. I'm still in ecstatic disbelief that Hasbro actually tried this at all, yet despite CW making this possible, LioKaiser above all other gestalts deserves more than what the limitations of CW can offer. In fact, this could pave the way for the Breast Force to be the first MP combiner team, say, 5 years down the road, since the only major design change towards eliminating kibble would be getting the full LioKaiser head inside LeoZack, allowing designers to focus on articulation and show-accuracy. Doing any better-known team first might end up setting a precedent for MP gestalts tossing self-containment out the window, and since we just got that roughly MP-scale Devy, fans might not work up the necessary appetite for different MP Constructicons for a good decade.

I accept this set for what it is. I don't even have a much of a problem with Deaths-R-Us (except for that being how they should've spelled it in order to get its foot in the door of a certain brick-and-mortar chain) cuz I'm going by egg-before-chicken logic: if every torso has to be reused, what else could they remold Sky Lynx into that would make any sense whatsoever? Four-Star winged-Sludge KO for Dinostator's torso? Now THERE's a pipe-dream...

Though I will agree that the final lion helmet better be green instead of black, because why bother doing an original head sculpt that good, then give it an unprecedented color scheme? A last minute decision to hedge their bets on such an obscure combiner by cashing in on the success of that Netflix Voltron cartoon? Come to think of it, LioKaiser's colors are sorta' close to a washed-out Golion.

So if anyone expects more, it's mostly because Takara has repeatedly surprised us with so many improvements to Hasbro's CW teams that a 2-deluxe Unite Warriors torso actually seems possible. If not, multiple 3rd parties will try as soon as the not-Mixmasters are all out.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm

I dont expect more, I just expect them to not do stupid **** that no one wants. Here's the deal, they wanted to make a Liokaiser given what they had, ok, so do it. But why half ass the paint job. Why add black where there shouldnt be any. Its his head, the most recognisable part of any character, why botch that part. And its not like anyone who doesnt know the character will be buying it, its a platinum online exclusive aimed at fans. No one but fans will go out of their way to either try to buy it or even pay for it. So why **** on them?

They pretty much half assed what was already a half ass idea. Thats my point.

And I am pretty certain Takara wont do it. Every hint points that they wont.

By the way, I still think they did a great job on the 4 new robot heads and the paintjobs on those 4 bots are cool. If it ever goes cheap, I might get it for them to combine with Galvatronus.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Yeah, I've been very much appealed to by the idea of combining the limbs with Cyclonus myself...

Here's a question to all those disillusioned by the set. Say instead of Deathsaurus or whatever his name is now, we instead got a Silverbolt repaint with a new Leozack head. Would that seem better to you? For me it would, because for one thing; I can accept that they do have the limitation of a Scramble City combiner team so I can take this, they include Leozack who is far and away the most popular of the Liokaiser components, and the Silverbolt mold at least SOMEWHAT fits Leozack (in-so-far as he's a robot that turns into a jet and can combine).

It's definitely not perfect and still ousts Jallguar, but would that seem better?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Skill: 2

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Say, I just thought of some other possibilities this set unlocks! I only started reading this thread from yesterday's post; has no one considered a Rescue Force repaint? A natural fit with all the G2 repaints, since this is the Breast Force minus two members, even if Big-Rescue-Force's "missing" arms are the two team menbers everyone agrees came out great in this box. The torso should be replaced, but the two most logical candidates would be Silverbolt repainted a slightly brighter red and white for RF Leozack, or Hot Spot repainted darker blue for Water Cannon Jagura, either of which might be hard to justify even if they used Pyra Magna's head for the latter.

As for Heck-Bat? Frankenstein him together with Rook for an official version of this guy:

Hell-Dealer/Double-Batter, from all those LioKaiser knock-offs. To save their world from the Combiner Wars, they'll need a rescue-nuke!
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Flashwave » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Bumblevivisector wrote:Say, I just thought of some other possibilities this set unlocks! I only started reading this thread from yesterday's post; has no one considered a Rescue Force repaint? A natural fit with all the G2 repaints, since this is the Breast Force minus two members, even if Big-Rescue-Force's "missing" arms are the two team menbers everyone agrees came out great in this box. The torso should be replaced, but the two most logical candidates would be Silverbolt repainted a slightly brighter red and white for RF Leozack, or Hot Spot repainted darker blue for Water Cannon Jagura, either of which might be hard to justify even if they used Pyra Magna's head for the latter.

As for Heck-Bat? Frankenstein him together with Rook for an official version of this guy:

Hell-Dealer/Double-Batter, from all those LioKaiser knock-offs. To save their world from the Combiner Wars, they'll need a rescue-nuke!
r
Acyually, Rescue Force has become my "Unussed Figures Gestalt". Hasbro Strafe and Nosecone, also doubling as the Heatrock and Skyfesther figures, Rook, and CW Mirage.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Okay but seriously who's Ion Scythe
This is really getting to me his inclusion baffles me. It doesn't disappoint and I don't dislike it, but it does leave me very confused
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Zeedust » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Kurona wrote:I've been wanting to do that with Sky Lynx and two Rooks for arms and two Alpha Bravos as legs. They make great drones. Their molds and colours; that is, I do like them as characters - especially after TFCC :-(

I find it hard to say if I like Rook as a character, because nobody's used him (or Viper, AFAIK) in any significant role. Wish they would, but it seems unlikely.

With you on Alpha Bravo, though.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Liokaiser's helmet being black was something we first saw when the artwork for Liokaiser was first seen as far back as January.

As for why it's black instead of teal, here is my guess. Since Dezaras is mostly colored like the deco of Liokaiser's torso, that resulted in him sporting a very Leozack-esque deco. By doing so, this gave Leozack some kind of representation in lieu of his actually being a part of the set. But what about the other absent member Jallguar? Well, both he and Leozack were the feline-themed members of the Breastforce, and Jallguar did have a black jaguar-based helmet in the Victory cartoon, so by painting Liokaiser's lion-based helmet black, as a homage to Jallguar's own black-colored feline-based helmet, it gives Jallguar some kind of representation in this set as well, accuracy to Liokaiser's original helmet color be darned.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8

Postby Bronzewolf » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:26 am

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Seibertronians, we're burning the midnight energon tonight! We have even more video coverage of the Transformers Displays at San Diego Comic Con from Seibertron himself. This time it's of the newly revealed Combiner Wars Liokaiser, along with G2 Menasor, G2 Bruticus, Victorion and Computron. Check it out below and share your opinions with us in the comments!

And, as always keep your optics and audio sensors tuned to Seibertron.com, your best source for Transformers news on the net!
----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:36 am

It's that simple."
Liokaiser sure is one colorful dude! However, the pricetag will not match what I'm willing to spend on my last CW set. Computron is my next and last one. I'll monitor both Walmart.ca and ÉTrU.ca and once it's down to 100$CAN, I'll jump on it.

Yeah, I have a bias for combiners with a consistant and uniform color scheme. Like Victorion or Devastator.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby lonrac » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:37 am

Motto: "My 'collection' isn't worth bragging about"
Weapon: Photon Pistol
Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

I suppose the fiction will come from after the cartoon, he will be so badly damaged that his Kaiju Mode will have fused with the thunder arrow......thus he will have no robot mode....something like that...
lonrac
Fuzor
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:41 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I don't think there will be any official fiction for these guys, especially any that ties into the end of victory. The best you may get is if Roberts keeps dezarus around as villains for the new lost light ongoing.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
lonrac wrote:Not a bad re-use of the sky lynx mould,

I suppose the fiction will come from after the cartoon, he will be so badly damaged that his Kaiju Mode will have fused with the thunder arrow......thus he will have no robot mode....something like that...
But Deszaras straight up died in the cartoon.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:52 am

Do you really need new fiction to sell you a toy of already existing characters?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:05 am

Sabrblade wrote:

But Deszaras straight up died in the cartoon.

When has that stopped the need to sell toys before
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:12 am

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:

Do you really need new fiction to sell you a toy of already existing characters?

BUT I NEED MY STORIES TO BUY AND ENJOY THIS NEW INCARNATION OF ONSLAUGHT! WHY HE IS A SWAT TANK? WHY HE NO LONGER COMBINE?!

Seriously. If it's someone's thing to absolutely need fiction in order to buy anything, well, more power to them. Personally, I think of the toy FIRST and I never really cared about the fiction. This give me no limitations.

Still, I can't deny the power of fiction. Because at first I thought the Kaizoku Gokaiger megazord was a STUPID toy and I would have never bought it. Seriously, that combined robot is LITERALLY just a bunch of empty boxes strung together.

Then, I binge watched the entire series. Here's the consequence. :lol:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:25 am

It kinda depends for me. Like, yeah I might need fiction to explain why something is significant different from what it originally was; but not always. For instance, the aforementioned SWAT Onslaught. That's awesome. I don't need anyone to tell me to buy it and I don't care that it can't combine, it's friggin awesome.
This Liokaiser having a Sky lynx repaint as Deathsaurus for it's torso rather than Leozack + Jallguar or at least just Leozack? ... not particularly awesome.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:35 am

It's that simple."
Kurona wrote:It kinda depends for me. Like, yeah I might need fiction to explain why something is significant different from what it originally was; but not always. For instance, the aforementioned SWAT Onslaught. That's awesome. I don't need anyone to tell me to buy it and I don't care that it can't combine, it's friggin awesome.
This Liokaiser having a Sky lynx repaint as Deathsaurus for it's torso rather than Leozack + Jallguar or at least just Leozack? ... not particularly awesome.

Still, you can't deny the creativity. Also, the goal of CW was to make base molds that could be repainted and remolded into multiple characters. So, just having CW Skylinx, a brand new mold that is mostly unremoldable, unrepaintable, was a little miracle. So, they were bound to repaint him at some point. Even though it does appear as a weird choice to the fans, Liokaiser is NOT a widly known character. Hell, even I didnt know who he was and where he came from. So having it as some exclusive repaint is in itself a great move. This will put this character on the map and with enough demand, maybe a proper update will come. In the meantime, consider it as an updated version of the character in a brand new universe.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON