This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise (Animated) Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #4 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:38 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
As Newsarama posts its usual early preview, so can we run through the limits, and bring you the preview for next week's IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #4! Read on below as team Bumblebee and the cast from Transformers: Prime try reconciling differences, and head back here for a review next week.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #4
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
THE ANSWERS! BUMBLEBEE's search for the truth about the rival AUTOBOT TEAM on Earth leads TEAM BEE to a thief with deep connections… but knowing the truth may be worse than getting lied to.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
The end of the first dramatic story arc!
What are the heroes from TRANSFORMERS PRIME doing on Earth?

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise (Animated) Discussion Thread

Postby psj333 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:06 am

In the forth issue of RID comics, two brand new characters are introduced as Skullcruncher and Razorgrille. Are they really Dinobots like Grimlock? Do they have vehicle modes that Grimlock doesn`t have? If so, what do they transform into? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Va'al » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:25 am

psj333 wrote:In the forth issue of RID comics, two brand new characters are introduced as Skullcruncher and Razorgrille. Are they really Dinobots like Grimlock? Do they have vehicle modes that Grimlock doesn`t have? If so, what do they transform into? :CON:

Just buy the comic and read it next week. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
psj333 wrote:In the forth issue of RID comics, two brand new characters are introduced as Skullcruncher and Razorgrille. Are they really Dinobots like Grimlock? Do they have vehicle modes that Grimlock doesn`t have? If so, what do they transform into? :CON:
Peanut butter.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Whifflefire » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sabrblade wrote:
Peanut butter.

Or, they turn into snark machines like Sabrblade.
Whifflefire
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Genericon #378 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Ok, IDW, I just want to make one thing clear: that's not Skullcruncher! That's stupidity.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby psj333 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:44 pm

In the comics, Clipshade is the 2nd Autobot to have a animal form next to Grimlock. He is a dog. What kind of dog was Clipshade based on? Is that his actual form, or is he's actually human in fur covering? Which vehicle does Clipshade turn into? Is there a chance he will show up in Season 2? Don't forget it was actually Ultra Magnus who hired him in the first place to be an Autobot spy. And is has been confirmed by Hasbro that Ultra Magnus will return for Season 2 along with Ratchet, Arcee and Bulkhead. :BOT:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:48 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Kinda sad this is ending at 6. Really enjoyable series. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby psj333 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:24 am

Clipshade is the second Autobot that is animal-based next to Grimlock. He is a dog who I recently found out that he turns into a sports car. Although I haven't seen the comic myself, I'm pretty curious to know what his vehicle mode do look like in the comics. Would you please provide me an image of Clipshade's altmode taken from the comics? Which dog was Clipshade based on? Was that his actual form, or he's a human in fur? Will he ever appear in the cartoon as well? I do hope that he does. Here's why. Ultra Magnus hired him in the first place as an Autobot spy. Furthermore, Hasbro has long confirmed that Ultra Magnus will return in Robots In Disguise from the Prime series, along with Arcee, Ratchet, and Bulkhead. :BOT:
psj333
Combiner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
If we are going to talk about Prime characters returning, can we please have proof of which are returning? Yes we knew there would be guys showing up if there was a season 2, but if we are going to talk about actual characters then provide proof please. Just because they are in the comics does not mean they will be in the show, same with the toys. Look at Beast Hunters: those preds did not show up in the series and even though the dinobots were in the comics, they were never in the show, so lets start bringing proof for things like this please.

And if no one responded, they don't have an answer for you. We don't know everything :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #4 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Hammer Time
(Spoiler free-ish)

Synopsis
THE ANSWERS! BUMBLEBEE's search for the truth about the rival AUTOBOT TEAM on Earth leads TEAM BEE to a thief with deep connections… but knowing the truth may be worse than getting lied to.

Kid Friendly, Am I right?

Story
With Robots in Disguise now stuck in that rut between seasons show-wise, the comics are the main source of story entertainment, and Georgia Ball does not fail to impress with the finale to the first main story arc.

Character Development!

We finally get the showdown that the previous issues have been leading to, and in true Robots in Disguise fashion, we are not disappointed with all the little things thrown in there for our enjoyment, not to mention Sideswipe. Sideswipe definitely shows his best sides here. And yeah, he does kinda take the issue.

We're all laughing with you, Sides

This issue definitely was the arc finale that we could be hoping for, and it features some of the most classic comic book endings you can find. Plus things do get a bit heated for those who like a little seriousness in your goofy, but there are jokes abounding and references that will just make you smile when you read them.

Art
Priscilla Tramontano once again does not fail to make me smile, as she continues to bring her cartoony look to the book that adds so much fun to just looking at it let alone reading it. Not to mention the great faces that pop up, both funny, mean, serious, and accomplished.

And that’s just a taster!

Josh Burcham once again delivers brilliant coloring that keeps the scenes bright and loud, just as you would expect from this series. He also creates some pretty amazing contrasts, and he is pretty dang good at making a swamp feel…swampy.

Uh-oh! Angry Buffaloid! Angry Buffaloid!

The lettering in the issue is also spot on, but then again, when is it not with Tom B. Long working the letters? Just look at that very first picture in the review. That is all you need to know about how good the words fit the art. And we once again are treated to marvelous covers featuring our favorite Prime and Robots in Disguise characters courtesy of Tramontano and Travis Sengaus.

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

This issue was a fantastic issue and one that certainly makes for a great bookend to this first story arc. One could not have asked for a better story to tell, and the entertainment value is there to hold us over for a while until the show starts back up again. And the fact that Prime and Robots in Disguise work so closely together for such a short time yet make such a big impact (and show some big impacts) makes this all the more enjoyable.

Quite the light show eh?

Nevertheless, Ball delivers, and we are ready to receive. Another great issue has arrived and I strongly recommend you seek this out. The whole story arc is fascinating and certainly fun, and the finale definitely is worth anyone’s time. So what are you waiting for? Rev up and Roll out!

.:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Last edited by D-Maximal_Primal on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby psj333 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:48 pm

In the Chinese dub, it seems to me that Filch and Quillfire have very similar voices, which is mostly likely that they ate voiced by the same actor, as opposed to the original who were performed by Constance Zimmer and Andy Milder. Do have any idea of is the Chinese voice actor is? What is his name? By the way, isn't Filch supposed to be a female in the first place? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #5

Postby Va'al » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:19 am

No new comics incoming next week, but we do have a three-page preview for the next issue of IDW's Transformers: Robots in Disguise, as uploaded to iTunes (thanks, Mariel!), including a synopsis and group photos - check it out below! Note: This issue was meant to be released in November, but has been pushed back to mid-December.

Hot on the heels of completing their biggest mission ever, BUMBLEBEE and his team are hoping for a little downtime. Unfortunately… a sinister new DECEPTICON has other ideas—and it’s right back into full-throttle, 100%-adventure down the rip-roaring RID road!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Anyone else notice the goof where Strongarm's word bubble points to Windblade while Windblade's points to Strongarm in that one panel? Whoops.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Well that was a pretty big story jump! :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #5 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 am

Ready for the next IDW release for the Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series comic? Issue #5 is coming this week, and includes the first half of the final arc of the run, ending with issue #6 - what will happen to team Bumblebee, now that Steeljaw has his optics on them? Check out the full preview below.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #5
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
Hot on the heels of completing their biggest mission ever, BUMBLEBEE and his team are hoping for a little downtime. Unfortunately… a sinister new DECEPTICON has other ideas—and it’s right back into full-throttle, 100%-adventure down the rip-roaring RID road!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
Set in the world of the TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE animated series on Cartoon Network!
All-new stories, all-new art, all new excitement!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:42 am

"Yibba Yibba" :KREMZEEK:
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:36 pm

Adorable little squirrel. yippa yippa :lol: :lol: looking forward to this. Poor Steeljaw: damaged ego :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #5 Review

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:59 am

My name is...
(Spoiler free-ish)

Synopsis

Ring-a-ding-ding-dinga-ding-ding-dong!

Story
Picking up after season 1 of the Robots in Disguise cartoon, this comic gives us a little look at what has happened since the big finale. We’ve got some fun looks at what the team is now trying to do after defeating a great evil, and we even see some nice character interaction. And of course we see Sideswipe ridiculing Bee for his speech patterns, but that should not be spoilerish by now.

Business as usual ‘round here

On the flip side, Steeljaw once again finds himself abandoned and in need of assistance, and he finds some in very surprising ways and places. Who knew that so many years after prime, we would get some callbacks, and even some inside jokes for those who love a good nameless drone?

But where’s Gary???

[underline]Art[/underline]
Art duties for the issue are taken up by both Priscilla Tramontano & Travis Sengaus, with inks being provided by a large cast including John-Paul Bove, Josh Burcham, Joana Lafuente, & Priscilla Tramontano. Inks are, as usual, provided by Tom B. Long, and despite the mix of artists and colorists, we get an issue that really has uniform shape and beauty, and no real difference between the art. But the one thing that stood out for me: Steeljaw’s nose is a thing of beauty!

Cranky old wolf

Not to mention the fact that there are some awesome slashes and hacks going on here. The quiet, peaceful moments and the times of chaos and destruction are all beautiful in their own way, and the issue overall carries on the proud tradition of good art RiD had given us.

SQUIRREL!!!!!

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

Overall, the issue was quite good. Not as big as it could be, but still impressive nonetheless. Afterall, we are picking up in the aftermath of season 1, so it’s hard to get the ball rolling again. At least Bee found and likes his new rollout call, and at least Grimlock is trying to find some new disguises. As the first issue in a new series of books, it starts off well, and it has a nice setup for the remainder of this series that has looked and performed really well story wise.

CHOOOOO-CHOOOOOO!!!!

Overall, not bad, and this certainly has the potential for a great storyline to come.

.:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:50 am

STEVE!!!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Image

STEVE!!!

I had really been hoping for a Gary :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #6 iTunes Preview

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 am

A couple of Transformers comic updates courtesy of IDW Publishing digital assistant Mariel Romero and iTunes, starting with the final issue of the Robots in Disguise series. Check out below the first three pages of the conclusion of this second arc - featuring an old friend from this continuity!

VEHICONS AMOK! When the DECEPTICON called STEELJAW stumbles upon three lost VEHICONS, he convinces them he's on a mission from MEGATRON-a deception that puts them on a collision course with BUMBLEBEE and company!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Optimall » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:49 am

Um are these the same vehicons bumblebee used to destroy easily at the end of TF Prime? Man I'm sure he was taking out lots of 30 plus on his own, and now 3 are a problem? Bee, you gone soft.
Optimall
Mini-Con

Postby Shockwave7 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:52 am

Yeah, really. As weak and ineffectual as they portrayed the Vehicons in later seasons and episodes of TF Prime? Now we're supposed to believe they're a threat, and be all impressed and intimidated? They may as well bring out Foofie the Woo-Goo Fairy to try and scare us.
Shockwave7
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:48 am

Well, Predaking returns! and we finally have the fate of the Resonance blaster!! Finally!! (even if both kinda don't make much sense in terms of location) :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #33 RE IDW Comics 2014 Giant Robot 210322A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #63 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0923IM460 2E (CA) Reilly (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 231010L"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 FCBD IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Figueroa 200530A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #20 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RI-B IDW Comics 2007 1RIB 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #14 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 14A (CA) Zama AUG190756"
TRANSFORMERS #14 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 230915Z"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915N"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON