This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Rumour: Potential Transformers Masterpiece Megatron and Cliffjumper Designs

Postby galvatron00 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Cobotron wrote:I'll be curled up in a ball in the corner, in a cold sweat, quietly muttering, "please be real....please be real"

... if anybody is looking for me, that is.
I see you, and I'm with you, and we will have a Megatron party on Skype!!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Henry921 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:39 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I like what I'm seeing so far. Show me him next to MP-10 and if the scale is right, I'll have the buyers in to see my spare kidney post haste.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The swappable faces are inclining me to think this might be real.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Flashwave » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:47 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Oh, great. Customs Wars 2...

Thats a nice looking figure, and I see definaymte imorovement, but. I've seen this movie already. ;)
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:58 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
itscramtastic wrote:then again, I could just keep him in alt-mode!

Yeah that sounds better. Just have the new onf in robot mode and appolyon in alt mode.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Powermaster Swag » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:04 am

Motto: ""You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to be the most useful.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Anyone else wondering why it says gun cannot be straight? Was that what they had to compromise to be able to make another one?
Sometimes, if life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't throw rocks! Yeah, I totally stole that one! The motto is my own creation though, I swear!
Powermaster Swag
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dragon and Gold Porsche 924
Strength: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Tyrannacon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:06 am

Motto: "All Hail Megatron!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Those prototypes look promising, except for the crooked gun barrel part. Definitely hoping this is real though.
:CON: "Decepticons! Transform and Rise Up!" :CON:
Tyrannacon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 90
Buy from Tyrannacon on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Tyrannosaurus with Intergalactic-capable Flight Mode
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 am

Powermaster Swag wrote:Anyone else wondering why it says gun cannot be straight? Was that what they had to compromise to be able to make another one?

These are exchanges within the department. "Gun not being straight" sounds more like a remark to point out a problem that should be fixed before production begins.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby zodconvoy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:20 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
itscramtastic wrote:it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!

That's what I said Takara needed to do when trying to decide. My Mightron preorder is one official announcement away from being cancelled.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Microraptor » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:37 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
Tyrannacon wrote:Those prototypes look promising, except for the crooked gun barrel part. Definitely hoping this is real though.

Megatron is not happy to see you.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:48 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Interesting, be cool to if this pans out. Won't be getting it though, but, nice to know it's there nonetheless
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby frogbat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:54 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
looks good if it were real.. been ogling the 3rd party variants out and between the fact there's too much official product i need to buy still and the fact that it seems that taker come round to releasing the toys I want anyways...

I would like takara to give like a 20 $ off discount to whoever owns the original mp megs due to all its problems.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Big Grim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:08 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Looks good but I think Despotron edges ahead. Maybe...
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:14 am

If this is genuine I hope he's the exact same height as MP-10, like, optics to optics. ;)^ Been waiting for this one.

itscramtastic wrote:JUST when I was about to make a decision on Despotron or Mightron, this is teased. Just like MP Shockwave appeared around the re-release of Quakewave and the appearance of Quakeblast (around this time last year right?).. I'm glad I waited, and I guess I'll be selling off Apollyon. Kibble free legs, multiple faces, compact cannon, it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!

I don't understand why the 3P make "MP" of characters that Takara is very likely to make. And somehow all the 3P companies always seem to work on the same characters at the same time. It doesn't bother me I just find it curious. (I'm surprised Takara doesn't do anything about it though. Some of those 3P figures look pretty convincing lately.) And yet none of them attempt to redo Red Alert. :-?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby triKlops » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
While I understand this is till somewhat speculative; a new MP Megs would be great if redone.
Really hope this happens to balance out my MP shelf.

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 am

Cyberpath wrote:I don't understand why the 3P make "MP" of characters that Takara is very likely to make. And somehow all the 3P companies always seem to work on the same characters at the same time. It doesn't bother me I just find it curious.
I once talked about this with a friend of mine who has an interest in 3rd party MPs. From his point of view, the 3rd party MP market is beneficial to MP collectors who want to have as complete a MP collection as possible and as fast as possible. While Takara's official MPs might be superior in the long run, the rate at which Takara releases them is much slower compared to how fast the 3rd parties seem to churn out there's. This gives collectors the opportunity to collect more characters in MP form at a quicker rate, allowing them to complete their MP collections more efficiently. While one could simply be patient and wait for Takara to make their own, the Transformers fandom that grew up on G1 in the 80's is getting older and older as the years go by, and some people want to be able to complete their MP character collection sooner than later because they want to do so while they still have time. Takara's MP line could last forever and ever if it wanted to, but we as mortal human beings have but one life to live, a life that itself has a limit. 3rd parties might not do MPs as good as Takara does, but because they do them faster, they can help collectors get the characters they want sooner within their lifetime. Some fans just don't want to end up with an incomplete MP character roster before their time is up.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby galvatron00 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:27 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:then again, I could just keep him in alt-mode!
Yeah that sounds better. Just have the new onf in robot mode and appolyon in alt mode.
Totes McGotes!!
zodconvoy wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!
That's what I said Takara needed to do when trying to decide. My Mightron preorder is one official announcement away from being cancelled.
I never "said" it, but I sure as heck HOPED it :lol: I really don't see Takara messing this one up.
Cyberpath wrote:If this is genuine I hope he's the exact same height as MP-10, like, optics to optics. ;)^ Been waiting for this one.
itscramtastic wrote:JUST when I was about to make a decision on Despotron or Mightron, this is teased. Just like MP Shockwave appeared around the re-release of Quakewave and the appearance of Quakeblast (around this time last year right?).. I'm glad I waited, and I guess I'll be selling off Apollyon. Kibble free legs, multiple faces, compact cannon, it's like they combined the best of Mightron and Despotron!!
I don't understand why the 3P make "MP" of characters that Takara is very likely to make. And somehow all the 3P companies always seem to work on the same characters at the same time. It doesn't bother me I just find it curious. (I'm surprised Takara doesn't do anything about it though. Some of those 3P figures look pretty convincing lately.) And yet none of them attempt to redo Red Alert. :-?
I hope it is the same proportions as well! It would be awesome. If anyone can do it, Takara can. Probably :lol: Also! I know I've had that thought too, especially when multiple 3P companies start making the same figure. So I still think we are waiting for a MP Hound, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker and Reflector announcement from Takara :PRAY:
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Speed: 8

Postby Cobotron » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:32 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:the Transformers fandom that grew up on G1 in the 80's is getting older and older as the years go by, and some people want to be able to complete their MP character collection sooner than later because they want to do so while they still have time.
Still have time?! Early to mid 40s is hardly the end. :lol: I hope! :shock:
Patience is a virtue. The 3P companies prey on the unvirtuous. :twisted: ... :-P
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 am

Cobs :lol:

Sabr, does your friend ever regert it later? Like when Takara came with the ladder/crane black magic?

More options are great for the fans but I was thinking more from the 3P standpoint -- the risk that they take, spending time and money on developing an MP-wannabe only to wake up one morning to see an official announcement from Takara.

Well, maybe they enjoy the process and do it mainly for themselves.

In case anyone missed this one:

itscramtastic wrote:Also! I know I've had that thought too, especially when multiple 3P companies start making the same figure. So I still think we are waiting for a MP Hound, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker and Reflector announcement from Takara :PRAY:
Dude! I need time to truly appreciate all those recent and upcoming figures before Takara unloads a bunch of new ones on us. :lol:
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Big Grim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 am

Cyberpath wrote:I don't understand why the 3P make "MP" of characters that Takara is very likely to make. And somehow all the 3P companies always seem to work on the same characters at the same time.

It's been speculated that the Takara engineers behind these freelance. Maybe they do dry runs for figures with the 3P companies. Certainly explains how Takara pipped Soundwave. Just after reruns of Quakewave and the like appear, TakaraTomy announces Shockwave. Hellfire and another not-Inferno is shown/released, Inferno and now Grapple are announced. We have two Megatrons coming. Now we might be seeing TTs Megs.

It might be true. It might not. Who knows?!?

Cyberpath wrote:Sabr, does your friend ever regret it later? Like when Takara came with the ladder/crane black magic?

Can't speak for anyone else but personally, I do not regret Hellfire. Not one bit. However, I ain't picked up Wrestle yet and I DO like the look of TTs Grapple so I'll buy him to have one of his mold.
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 am

Cyberpath wrote:Sabr, does your friend ever regert it later? Like when Takara came with the ladder/crane black magic?
If he does, he could just sell off the 3rd party version to pay for the less expensive official version.

Cyberpath wrote:More options are great for the fans but I was thinking more from the 3P standpoint -- the risk that they take, spending time and money on developing an MP-wannabe only to wake up one morning to see an official announcement from Takara.
Maybe the 3rd parties feel content about their work even when compared to Takara's work like how Hasbro feels content about their CW Computron even when compared to Takara's UW Computron. And there's also the feeling of "we did it first" that usually feels good in general.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:39 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Sabr, does your friend ever regert it later? Like when Takara came with the ladder/crane black magic?
If he does, he could just sell off the 3rd party version to pay for the less expensive official version.

Problem is that with the MP scale, the 3ps are around the same price as the officials, give or take. Appolyon was 150. And do secnd hand 3p toys that have other options really sell for a decent amount on the secondary market?

Big Grim wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Sabr, does your friend ever regret it later? Like when Takara came with the ladder/crane black magic?

Can't speak for anyone else but personally, I do not regret Hellfire. Not one bit. However, I ain't picked up Wrestle yet and I DO like the look of TTs Grapple so I'll buy him to have one of his mold.

I kinda regret some 3ps but not in light of the other options. I regret them for the simple fact that some are a pain to transform.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Big Grim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:55 am

william-james88 wrote:I kinda regret some 3ps but not in light of the other options. I regret them for the simple fact that some are a pain to transform.

Only 3Ps I regret are the iGear Coneheads. Not great quality but they'll do. I kinda regret Badcubes Wardog (Warpath) as while it's a feat of engineering and a great Warpath, it is needlessly complex and when his shoulder connector broke, it took me damn near a year to get a replacement from them. Not touched Badcube since. Even though I wanted their Sunstreaker.

The FanToys Dinobots (all 4 thus far released) and Perceptor are sublime. The Maketoys Protectobots and Inferno are great! The more G1 Hexatron (I forget the Company behind him) is a great figure.
Big Grim
Headmaster

Postby Dagon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:56 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I really hope that this ends up being legit and official and real, because I love it when the "That will/can never, ever happen!!!" crowd is confronted by another example of their being wrong about some Transformer thing that can or will never be able to happen.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 am

Dagon wrote:I really hope that this ends up being legit and official and real, because I love it when the "That will/can never, ever happen!!!" crowd is confronted by another example of their being wrong about some Transformer thing that can or will never be able to happen.

When did anyone say this would never happen? I thought it was just that Hasbro wouldnt release a realistic gun megatron in the US. That will never ever happen.

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM897 (CA) Lullabi (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #2 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM314 7B (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 3A (CA) Thomas"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAY221569 3RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210504 4A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210502 29B (CA) Su (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220496 War's End 2RI Ossio"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221592 17B (CA) Bell"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #29 IDW Comics 2014 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 FEB229537 1C (CA) Spence"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON