This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:27 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Caelus wrote:I guess another potentially important factor is that I was 1-2yrs old when the cartoon first aired. I grew up with VHS recordings and later the chopshopped G2 re-airing. Perhaps the colors faded some?

Discoloration of the masters is a major problem with restoration and upgrading footage to HD (I don't see the point in HD, really), so anything is a close approximation at best. I don't suppose the color codes are included with the original animation models?

Once they release the 1986 in 4k then yes we will see the major difference. Not only that but high dynamic range will be implemented into the film also.

I find it puzzling how people say HD, FHD, and UHD is no different than 480p signal coming from a DVD.
A FHD 1080P signal blows any dvd's 480p signal out of the water.

Shockwave in the cartoons was actually both colors of purple. In the 1986 movie he is closer to mp-29+ . While mp-29 is colored after the sunbow cartoon.
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Hydrargyrus » Thu May 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Cyberpath wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:So, I just looked at some Shockwave pictures, and I can’t figure out where the lavender color scheme is from. It might be my colorbindness, though. Anyone know?

Also, I was thinking that I should pick up an MP Shockwave when they released him in a darker color. I’ll probably pick this one up.

His purple wasn't always a consistent shade..

But it was generally this dark tone.

This is what I needed to see. Thanks.
I do think that the brighter MP Shockwave is acceptable (don’t have it, though), but LG Shockwave and Galvatron are definitely ridiculous.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby NTESHFT » Thu May 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Masterpiece BW Megatron....wheres that shut up and take my money gif at when I need it? I can't wait to see full color pics. I'm gonna guess he will be around the $230 range?

I never really thought too much about the preference of the toy (cartoon accurate versus toy accurate) until now. I like cartoon accurate myself. For me that's where it started. Plus back then I didn't understand why certain toys,like Ironhide, looked nothing like the cartoon. But ,of course knowing the history now, I get it.
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Fri May 11, 2018 6:41 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Caelus wrote:I guess another potentially important factor is that I was 1-2yrs old when the cartoon first aired. I grew up with VHS recordings and later the chopshopped G2 re-airing. Perhaps the colors faded some?

Discoloration of the masters is a major problem with restoration and upgrading footage to HD (I don't see the point in HD, really), so anything is a close approximation at best. I don't suppose the color codes are included with the original animation models?

I'm sure the animators probably had something they used, but the production team wasn't that specific (and probably didn't care about specifics) which probably lead to some of the wild color variations. The production team binders were in black and white, probably because only the character designers and Hasbro higher ups needed them in color, but you can still tell Shockwave was supposed to be dark in color.

sw gun.JPG

The note in the bottom center is telling the artist to "change the light blue rangefinder to light pink/purple". Very specific. :lol:

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Cyberpath » Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 am

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri May 11, 2018 8:17 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
What was the retail (domestic) price upon release for Shockwave?

$209 seems a tad high.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ironhidensh wrote:What was the retail (domestic) price upon release for Shockwave?

$209 seems a tad high.

As Emerje wrote elsewhere, its pretty close all considering. I remember really hating the price of the original release.

On amiami (whch include taxes), the domestice (meaning Japan) price for Shockwave was 18,144 JPY (165 USD). However, since it wasnt exclusive we could all purchase from other retailers which gave discounts. Amiami for instance was 12,090 JPY (110 USD). Thats the price I paid plus shipping.

He was 160 USD at import shops like BBTS (so very close to the MSRP in Japan).

The MSRP this time around is 21,600JPY, so 3000 higher than the original. Thats around US$198, and once again BBTS aint that much higher than MSRP. Since this one is a TTMall exclusive, thre isnt any option to purchase at 30% off from other Japanese shops.

In short, this item is 30$ more in Japan and since there is no 30% off option, it seems like a major jump.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:51 am

Rumour: MP Bumblebee v2 is in the works.

If true, perhaps they will have him transform into a "chibi" beetle this time? (That might work better next to characters such as Gears.)

And probably more yellow. And more cartoon-accurate, more articulation.. etc. etc.

Source: "TTemploy" @2005
Cyberpath
City Commander

Rumour MP-45 to be Bumblebee ver 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt mode?

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So this is still very much a rumour at this junction, but two of our fellow Seibertron users, TFanPage101 and Cyberpath have shared with us a rumour first circulated on the TFW2005 boards by a user over there by the name of TTEmploy

The rumour states that the masterpiece following MP-44 will be none other than a new version of Bumblebee, with a robot mode closely resembling the G1 animation model and with an Alt mode to match the chibifed cartoon model which was done to match the original G1 toy.

The rumour also gives a run down on what he'll include and a Japanese price as well as his release date. These details are included in the original and subsequent posts. He also states that preorders will open on the twelfth of February. Apparently included is the figure itself, a Spike figure, two different faces, a gun effect part, a numberplate, seal and instructions.

Prehaps as proof to these claims, or as a reaction to the rumour, the TagHobby website created a listing for the figure, with matching details.

Here is what the listing says:

[BREAK NEWS]

TAKARATOMY於2019年9月推出變形金剛 MASTER PIECE系列 MP45 大黃蜂 Ver.2,暫時知道附有人偶Figure、武器及Effect部件,售價達日圓13,000(未含稅),會有什麼新玩法,留意我們日後報導。

TAGHOBBY get the updated news!! TAKARATOMY will release the TRANSFORMERS Master Piece Series MP45 Blublebee Ver.2.0 in Sep 2019. It include figure, weapon and effect part. We are very surprise for the price of ver.2.0 is 13,000Yen(Not included tax).

No source is given on the TagHobby site.

So again, it must be stressed that this is all rumours currently.

Till then why not have a look at Seibertron's own gallery of MP-21 Bumblebee to see the old version or check out a top 5 list of non-movie Bumblebee toys as compiled by several Seibertron.com users:

Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee Gallery

Top Five Non-Movie Bumblebee Toys

What do you think of this? Would you pick up a new Bumblebee? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Beachjezus » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:52 am

Yikes

It’s like Masterpiece has rebooted with insane prices. And your next masterpiece is New Seekers. Just my prediction.
Beachjezus
Micromaster

Postby Randomhero » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 am

I think the picture of original MP Bee’s face says it all and is everyone’s face with this news.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:00 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
This is so pathetic it hurts; we've really come full circle here, haven't we, now it seems that all the old mp's are being made unofficially invalid because they aren't 'cartoon' enough. Can't wait for the price to be revealed to be $200 due to how many panels they had to use to get him to look that terrible; so to summarize my thoughts:

I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:10 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
MP Bumblebee 2.0? Really?

I mean, I guess the actually good one will come down in price on the aftermarket, but I couldn't think of a less necessary "remake" in the MP line if I tried. The Seekers? Yeah, the current mold is awful, they deserve a remake (albeit not how they'll probably end up, costing £300 a piece and taking three years to transform for the sake of """"accuracy""""). Sideswipe? I guess, he was the first MP car bot I suppose, though without going on a long rant all he really needs is better ankle and elbow articulation (the latter could be accomplished with a very basic retool) and IMO he'd be fine, you can even finagle a decent ab crunch out of his transformation joint. But...Bumblebee? I mean, if him turning into a realistic VW Beetle as oppose to a penny racer really activates your almonds, I guess, but honestly I always thought the fact he goes from an accurate Beetle into a pretty spot-on G1 Bumblebee with minimal kibbly bits and a sensible transformation is a selling point in itself.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:24 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
It does seem really unnecessary to me, especially since there is still others to do (imagine how much a masterpiece triple changing Astrotrain would cost...)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby angtre » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:36 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I'm not into cartoon-accurate toys very much, as I prefer the additional detail of the first MPs. So for me, should this rumor be true, this is a "no".

Still, a chibi Bumblebee might mean finally getting MP Cliffjumper.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby ThunderThruster » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Really? How about finishing off the rest of the Ark crew before hitting the reset/reboot/redo button on characters that already ready have decent representation!
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:58 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
I legitimately feel bad for mp collectors; the line (once meant to be coherent) has been pseudo rebooted so many times, having the cast even look like they belong together is now impossible :(
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:16 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:I legitimately feel bad for mp collectors; the line (once meant to be coherent) has been pseudo rebooted so many times, having the cast even look like they belong together is now impossible :(

I disagree!

(Tracks is on the desk atm.)

Attachments
mp_autobots.jpg
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:19 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I legitimately feel bad for mp collectors; the line (once meant to be coherent) has been pseudo rebooted so many times, having the cast even look like they belong together is now impossible :(

I disagree!

(Tracks is on the desk atm.)

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe just look so perfect with each other. I love how they all look together. I guess a new MP Bee will be nice, but I'm trying to get the original, since I found the beautiful G2 version for 40$
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby no-one » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:28 am

So you're saying MP Bee 2.0 with cartoon accurate alt-mode, but all I'm hearing is toy accurate alt-mode. ;)^ I don't like the toon aesthetic direction the MP line is going, but I'd buy the **** out of any SD BeetleBee you slap in front of me. The real world alt-mode of the current MP Bee bugs me.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby frogbat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:30 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
yeah think since mp10 - most figures are pretty much compatible in spite of some changes in the focus for the aesthetic (authentic vehicles vs the cartoon accuracy). Thing is at the end of the day, I personally think that cartoon accuracy has been the main objective for a long time. It's just that engineering has come to the point where Takara are getting closer and closer.

My main issue isn't the fact they're revisiting bumblebee, it's more that I'd rather have them finish the season 1 and two characters off or if they have to re visit a character, they should pick the seekers.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Randomhero » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:31 am

It is a choice to buy this stuff. No one forced anyone to replace anything. Even after 13 years some
People still prefer classics Prime over all the other GHUG iterations and there are plenty who still prefer MP-01 over MP-10 and MP-44.

Don’t feel bad for grown adults who have enough expendable income who continue to buy toys
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby BW Megatron » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:35 am

What happened to Masterpiece Hound? Did Takara forget about it?
BW Megatron
Micromaster
Buy from BW Megatron on eBay

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So the concerns I've expressed elsewhere of parallels between He-Man and Transformers continue, as the MP line pursues the same Demake line that the He-Man Classics Collection is currently churning out IE Repeating pre-existing figures. Yet of inferior quality and more expensive.
Seriously, to the G1 Collectors out there you have my sympathy. You're never getting beyond Season One in the Masterpiece Collection, not through Takara anyway.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby ScottyP » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:03 am

Sounds fun, I hope they get the engineering right. That "penny car" look into a somewhat normally proportioned robot can be tricky. I have two third party "MP" Cliffjumpers that drive this design concern. The first one I got was the MMC Ocular Max version which goes for the super deformed, tiny car look. It's not a mess to transform and the lack of a backpack is wonderful, but the rest of the resulting robot cuts a really odd looking silhouette. It was so bad I ended up getting the X-Transbots version which apes a good bit from MP-21 in the looks department - backpack and all - and it's spectacular.

Worth noting that if this info is true, MP-45 would be almost double the price of those unlicensed options at MSRP so surely the parts count would allow for some magic even with penny car proportions.

BW Megatron wrote:What happened to Masterpiece Hound? Did Takara forget about it?
That's what I'd like to know! At this point he's become Mirage.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON