This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

A generic BotCon/TCC fiction discussion thread

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: The Official BotCon/TCC Fiction Discussion Thread

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Motto: ""The universe deserves freedom, and I'll see that it gets it""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
So i found this kmage and somereaskn little liokaisers concept art doesn't deserve a article
Attachments
27514587d1430623505-victory-liokaiser-early-design-415px-early_liokasier_1430631800_thumb.jpg
LIOKAISER CONCEPT ART
27514587d1430623505-victory-liokaiser-early-design-415px-early_liokasier_1430631800_thumb.jpg (4.39 KiB) Viewed 23181 times
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Starsaber468 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
MaverickPrime wrote:Is the black one Rook? That head looks more like Cw Skydive
Rook was a redeco of G1 Windcharger.

I updated your post for our gallery instead.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Seibertron are u going to post a article about the liokaiser concept art
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Starsaber468 wrote:Seibertron are u going to post a article about the liokaiser concept art

What Liokaiser concept art?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Will Vector Prime once again declare Alignment canon...only for the human behind him to wuss out on TFwiki?

No, seriously, I love all of Jim Sorenson's work, and I hope Hasbro won't use this opportunity to undo any of it. Just making one teeny exception for a story written without their permission over a decade ago to provide yet another official link between Marvel continuity and Beast Wars won't lead to a slippery slope. Not even if it leads to an official reprint. Pleeeeeease?

(Is there still a PDF of Alignment floating around out there somewhere? I only know of the one that was stored on the late, great, Megaupload)

Oh, maybe VP will give us an in-continuity (cuz we know what happened in the real world) explanation of what destroyed the Dreamwave universes! Or does that already exist?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Starsaber468 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Concept art of likkaiser its on 9ne my comments actually my only comments with a picture on it innmatger of a fact
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby datguy86 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
datguy86 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
datguy86 wrote:Makes sense to up the back cover stuff to three since David Willis is apparently no longer doing Recordicons.
He did Recordicons last issue, #62.

Was there some announcement that Recordicons would be ending soon?

Also, this isn't back cover stuff. This is like the Tornado Facebook from last year that contained text stories leading up to that year's BotCon comic. These three will likely do the same for this year's comic.

From his twitter account on May 9th: https://twitter.com/damnyouwillis/status/597086311250526209

And now it's official. He's done with TFCC. http://www.shortpacked.com/blog.php?postid=787

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Skill: 6

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed May 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
I remember doing the Ask Vector Prime stuff when I was a little kid just getting into Transformers during the Cybertron era. I asked Vector Prime something about whether he'd ever fought Brushguard or some crap like that. I didn't get a reply. I vowed to never ask Vector Prime again.

Look at that smug look on his face in that picture. Thinks he's so important. Answer my question you jackass! :evil:
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Deadput » Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
PrymeStriker wrote:I remember doing the Ask Vector Prime stuff when I was a little kid just getting into Transformers during the Cybertron era. I asked Vector Prime something about whether he'd ever fought Brushguard or some crap like that. I didn't get a reply. I vowed to never ask Vector Prime again.

Look at that smug look on his face in that picture. Thinks he's so important. Answer my question you jackass! :evil:

:shock:

You ok?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I loved reading ask Vector Prime back in the day. Sure I knew it was fake and nothing major would be revealed but it sure looked like someone at Hasbro was having fun.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 10

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Haha this is awesome. I'm sure anyone who got into the franchise with Cybertron is just the right age to enjoy this.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6

Re: Sneak Peek - BotCon 2015 Packrat Comic Strip 'Collections'

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 14, 2015 9:50 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Va'al wrote:Via the official BotCon Twitter account, we get another preview at some of their comics fiction for this year's Cybertron Most Wanted cast of characters - specifically, the page shows a little insight into the role and past of the Thief, Packrat (with art, writing and everything else by Jesse Wittenrich). Check out the mirrored image from Collections below, and browse our very own Seibertron.com gallery of the toy right here!

Okay, that can't be the Beast Wars cartoon proper since Sentinel was taken by the Predacons and never installed in the Maximals' seasons 3 base. He would have then been destroyed by Tigerhawk when Tigerhawk blew up the Predacon base. So this has to be another alternate version of it.

Va'al wrote:A couple of days ago we reported on BotCon's social media and fiction efforts via the Axiom Nexus news crew. What has made its appearance since is a more interactive page, also part of the same initiative for the 2015 event, under the name of Ask Vector Prime! Read on below to find out more about it, and head here to pose your own queries.

Vector Prime, one of our most venerable elders, answers some of your questions as a way to foster better understanding between Cybertronians and humans.

Wow, first we get more entries of this in the Complete AllSpark Almanac book, and now a full fledged Facebook page. Neat!

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:Um o can't use the links :( also THERES A SG UNICRON?

Where did you get SG Unicron from?

There is nothing that says anything about an SG Unicron.
Go back to Page 1 of this topic.

Bumblevivisector wrote:(Is there still a PDF of Alignment floating around out there somewhere? I only know of the one that was stored on the late, great, Megaupload)
See this thread.

Bumblevivisector wrote:Oh, maybe VP will give us an in-continuity (cuz we know what happened in the real world) explanation of what destroyed the Dreamwave universes! Or does that already exist?
Well, since Battletrap comes from Dreamwave G1, it probably still exists.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby MaverickPrime » Fri May 15, 2015 11:27 am

Motto: "Why do I even bother?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Is that thing on his face a moustache? His teeth? WTH?
MaverickPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 26
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:58 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
MaverickPrime wrote:Is that thing on his face a moustache? His teeth? WTH?

Yeah I saw that too. It's an old pic, surprised that I never noticed it before. Now I can't take my eyes off of it.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Page 2 of the "Collections" preview comic is up - https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/599272098025054208/photo/1

The third and final page will be up on Monday - https://twitter.com/BotCon/status/599293210238656512

Pete Sinclair has chimed in on the nature of this mini-comic:
The 'Collections' one shot takes place at some point after the Beast Wars. We haven't even defined what Universe this is from. One thing that seems to be the case, as you all know, is Beast Wars exists in many different timelines. This may be another timeline that has similar traits to the G1 toon continuity, Wings continuity or whatever other ones that are floating out there and contains Beast Wars but also contains one of these little stories that are specific to THAT timeline.

And Jesse Wittenrich followed up with:
Yup. And a significant amount of time after the Beast Wars as well. The fighting took place across the entire planet, spreading parts and pieces everywhere. Including the bottom of an ocean *looks at Depth Charge's fin and Rampage's claw*. Packrat has spent a LONG time on his collection; he's picked up everything, not just the pile we see in one panel.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Sneak Peek - BotCon 2015 Packrat One-Shot "Collections" pt 2, featuring Thrustinator

Postby Va'al » Sat May 16, 2015 4:57 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via fiction aficionado and Seibertronian Sabrblade, we have the second part of BotCon/FunPub's comic 'Collections' (first part was posted here), featuring Packrat (the Thief) and his encounter with Waspinator Thrustinator. You can read it mirrored below, along with some clarification from Pete Sinclair and creator Jesse Wittenrich, via fellow fansite The Allspark.

Pete Sinclair wrote:The 'Collections' one shot takes place at some point after the Beast Wars. We haven't even defined what Universe this is from. One thing that seems to be the case, as you all know, is Beast Wars exists in many different timelines. This may be another timeline that has similar traits to the G1 toon continuity, Wings continuity or whatever other ones that are floating out there and contains Beast Wars but also contains one of these little stories that are specific to THAT timeline.

Jesse Wittenrich wrote:Yup. And a significant amount of time after the Beast Wars as well. The fighting took place across the entire planet, spreading parts and pieces everywhere. Including the bottom of an ocean *looks at Depth Charge's fin and Rampage's claw*. Packrat has spent a LONG time on his collection; he's picked up everything, not just the pile we see in one panel.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rated X » Sat May 16, 2015 5:49 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
They might as well just show off the convention exclusives seeing how two of them have already been leaked. Did funpub even aknowledge the green roadbuster and black skids on social media or are they just staying quiet with piss in their pants ?
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Starsaber468 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:11 am

Does anyone suspect a transformers combiner wars/combiner hunters repaint of Nexus prime to be done?
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rated X » Sat May 16, 2015 8:49 am

Starsaber468 wrote:Does anyone suspect a transformers combiner wars/combiner hunters repaint of Nexus prime to be done?

I could actually see that considering they will have the Combaticon/Aerialbot molds to work with. I hope they do, that way I can mash my 2 FP Bruticus sets together into Energon Bruticus Maximus. Right now I'm using the old one as Nexus Prime.

Rated X
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 am

Rated X wrote:They might as well just show off the convention exclusives seeing how two of them have already been leaked. Did funpub even aknowledge the green roadbuster and black skids on social media or are they just staying quiet with piss in their pants ?
Wrong thread, X. This is the fiction thread, not the toy reveal thread.

You just posted in something you probably didn't want to. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rated X » Sat May 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:They might as well just show off the convention exclusives seeing how two of them have already been leaked. Did funpub even aknowledge the green roadbuster and black skids on social media or are they just staying quiet with piss in their pants ?
Wrong thread, X. This is the fiction thread, not the toy reveal thread.

You just posted in something you probably didn't want to. :P

And what ever happened to the infamous thread merging? I would think everything Botcon 2015 would and should be on one thread. Its not like theres that much of it. And thats the problem. Their marketing strategy is dumb. And im loving all these leaked figures from China. They should take the wake up call seriously and just show off the goods.
Rated X
Banned

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Rated X wrote:And what ever happened to the infamous thread merging? I would think everything Botcon 2015 would and should be on one thread.
This is in the Cartoon and Comics Forum. And this isn't strictly a BotCon 2015 thread either. I'm the one who created this thread, and did so to let it be a general nexus of discussion for all BotCon and TCC related fiction, past and present, as stated on Page 1 of this thread.

And even regardless of that, your post about toys was off topic for the news story you commented on anyway, as the news was about a comic page that had nothing to do with the toys you mentioned.

So please, if you wish to discuss those toys, take it back to the BotCon 2015 Transformers Exclusives Toy Reveals thread and leave it there. :PEACE:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Sneak Peek - BotCon 2015 Packrat One-Shot "Collections" pt 3

Postby shajaki » Mon May 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
After seeing Page 1 and Page 2 of the Packrat One-Shot "Collections", it was only a matter of time before Page 3 was Tweeted (via Botcon)! But not to worry, we won't spoil the conclusion for you, so keep scrolling to see this final page! And stick around to discuss the events of the strip in our Energon Pub, or check out our Exclusive Galleries. You're always welcome to hang around at Seibertron.com!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Starsaber468 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Wow its the racoon guy damn it the 9ne time i can't remember hsi nqme is now lol
Starsaber468
Headmaster Jr

Postby grimdragon2001 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
his name is Heinrad
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr B Dark Grid Boom Studios Comics 2023 113B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics JUN230413 111E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr Q 1:40 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230294 3Q (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr D 1:10 Boom Studios Comics NOV230036 116D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230668 2I (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr J 1:10 virgin Dynamite Comics SEP230266 12J (CA) Kambadais"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr G 1:75 Boom Studios Comics JUN230415 111G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr N 1:25 Dynamite Comics JUL230291 3N (CA) Henderson"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230683 9E Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 SEP230079 114A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics APR230361 109D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200910 1A (CA) Scalera"
POWER RANGERS #1 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P 1:150 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 NOV220598 2P (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr Q FOC 1:7 line art Dynamite Comics DEC237792 12Q (CA) Haeser"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON