This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

A generic BotCon/TCC fiction discussion thread

Get the latest Transformers related Convention and Event forum news and information. Join in discussions with fellow attendees right here on Seibertron.com.

Moderator: Club and BotCon Forum Staff

Re: The Official BotCon/TCC Fiction Discussion Thread

Postby Cascadia » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 am

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
Thank you. When we first started working on them, we did not want them to be direct copies of Starscream. However, they can be depending on which continuity people would want to put them in.
Cascadia
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby bdixonarts » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:59 am

I already have prints of these guys ready and will be having some at TFcon Charlotte. I will also be bringing a couple of the custom toys we had done over the last couple years that helped inspire what we created with them :)
bdixonarts
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Not particularly newsworthy, but something I think is cool enough to mention here.

Another character who in the past never had any visual representation has now been given one by Ask Vector Prime.

It is none other than Trannis, the Decepticon warlord who rose to power on Cybertron in the Marvel UK G1 comics in the time after Megatron left the planet aboard the Nemesis but before Straxus came to power.

For years, Trannis had no visual design of his own, having only appeared in text-based stories. But now, Vector Prime has officially retconned a nameless Decepticon leader from the G1 cartoon into being Trannis's cartoon counterpart, thereby finally giving Trannis a visual representation (and in turn giving a nameless character a name and identity of his own).

Dear Vector Prime,
I would love to learn more about Trannis.
Dear Tyrannical Talker,
Oh, would you now? What is it about villains that is so endlessly fascinating to your species?
Again, my vision seems to be narrowing oddly these last few decacycles. Many universes which were previously clear as crystal are now obscured. But some remain sharply vivid. Primax 509.28 Epsilon is one such universe. Here, he was a warlord in the early days of the Decepticon cause, rallying many of the ubiquitous ASD-324-ddd-3e3c1 model military model robots to their banner. The sight of his horned visage coming into battle sent many an Autobot scurrying for cover, as well it might. He wielded a lightning whip and twin red quagma rifles. His reign of terror came to an end at the hands of Sentinel Prime. He reemerged some time later as one of many Decepticon warlords vying for power, but was assassinated by Deathsaurus. Few mourned his passing.
Elsewhere, of course, things would go differently for this amethyst autocrat. In the late, lamented Primax 207.0 Epsilon, for example, he came to power much closer to the "present" as you perceive it, though still caused all manners of mischief.

And in a followup question in the comments we get this:
What type of robot does "ASD-324-ddd-3e3c1 model" refer to? "Ubiquitous" makes me imagine that it might be the Seeker body-type.

Oh, no, this was long before Seekers. Long before the concept of Transformation, even. These were green and grey combat models, one of the most advanced of the Quintesson mass-produced combat designs. The sight of a legion of these horned troopers cresting a hill or storming a building brought terror into the optics of many an Autobot.
Referring to these guys.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shoot...I was hoping to use Leader Armada Megs as Trannis...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Primal Sabbath » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Motto: "Wreck and Rule!"
Weapon: Accelerator Rifle
Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but where are we within the discussion. I'm a huge fan of TCC fiction, so glad to see there's a thread dedicated to it!

I can't wait for the third Lio Convoy story installment!
Do you like Beast Wars? Botcon? Xbox? So do I! Friend me on Xbox Live: Primal Sabbath
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con
Watch Primal Sabbath on YouTube
Buy from Primal Sabbath on eBay
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Primal Sabbath wrote:Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but where are we within the discussion. I'm a huge fan of TCC fiction, so glad to see there's a thread dedicated to it!
Currently, we are... wherever.

The last thing this thread really talked about was the Ask Vector Prime post that gave names to the last two Rainmakers besides Acid Storm (the yellow one being Nova Storm and the blue one being Ion Storm).

Presently, the four Facebook pages are still making posts, with Ask Vector Prime being the most prominent with its round-the-clock updates, while Rook and Andromeda have slowed a lot of their posts to now being once in a blue moon. And the Axiom Nexus News Editor hasn't really made any posts of his own in a long time, but we can consider that a good thing since his posts mostly serve to either correct errors made by Rook/Andromeda/Vector Prime or to step in and settle in-fiction conflicts that either Rook or Andromeda might potentially stir up in their journalistic eccentricities. In other words, no posts from the Editor means that there haven't been any errors made and/or Rook and Andromeda haven't stirred up enough trouble for the Editor to intervene. ;)

There's also the newest issue of the TCC magazine that is starting to make its way into some of the members' hands. It's predominately a "BotCon recap" issue but does contain the next chapter of the "Another Light" comic story. I myself haven't gotten my issue yet so I know not what this chapter of the comic entails.

Meanwhile, I still need to update the OP to include all the newest fiction from this year.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Primal Sabbath » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Oh okay cool. I haven't checked the Rook & Andromeda pages since the Sideways thing went down. I'll have to check them out. There's still a lot of prose fiction I never got the chance to read before the members only site went down. But so far, Wreckers finale is definitely my favorite, coupled with the Lio Convoy story. I really dig where this year's comic is going too. Hopefully I'll have a surprise in my mailbox later today.

I noticed the Botcon archives fiction section was missing a good portion of the 3H comics, including Primeval Dawn part 2, Wreckers 3, Primeval Dawn part 3, and the Universe comics. I've scanned all of mine, but I'm unsure whether or not it's a no-no to post them somewhere for folks to read. I wish we could get some more (closely) connecting stories like that. Although Beast Wars Uprising is definitely doing a good job of scratching that itch, I think.
Do you like Beast Wars? Botcon? Xbox? So do I! Friend me on Xbox Live: Primal Sabbath
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Primal Sabbath wrote:There's still a lot of prose fiction I never got the chance to read before the members only site went down.
I... might be able to help ya with that. ;)

Primal Sabbath wrote:I noticed the Botcon archives fiction section was missing a good portion of the 3H comics, including Primeval Dawn part 2, Wreckers 3, Primeval Dawn part 3, and the Universe comics.
Yeah, those missing 3H comics didn't come out until the weird years when BotCon was OTFCC instead, and then 3H lost the Transformers licence to Fun Pub so the last few 3H stories never got to be put online officially.

Primal Sabbath wrote:I've scanned all of mine, but I'm unsure whether or not it's a no-no to post them somewhere for folks to read.
Definitely a no-no, yes.

Primal Sabbath wrote:I wish we could get some more (closely) connecting stories like that. Although Beast Wars Uprising is definitely doing a good job of scratching that itch, I think.
And this year's magazine story has finally returned to getting things back on track with furthering the Nexus Prime story that spanned the first five years of Fun Pub fiction.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Primal Sabbath » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:08 am

That'd be awesome, if you don't mind. Thanks! Unfortunate that they can't post them officially. It's all great story, honestly. And yeah, i'm pretty happy to expect the return of Nexus Prime. I picked up the first five collected volumes of the club magazine as they were released and managed to get my hands on the 2010 & 2011 issues as well. I joined the club back in December of '11, so somewhat shortly thereafter, well... The rest we all know lol

I'd like to see the club expand on some of their older fiction. It's kind of a bummer going to Tornado's Facebook page and seeing nothing new (I still check that one too lol). All good stuff that could still be touched on every now and again, IMO.
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con

Postby Primal Sabbath » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:16 pm

I noticed that in the "Botcon with the Family" article Jim states that all three Lio Convoy stories are up. However it seems bad timing has showed its less than popular face lol.
I'm ready for my 3rd installment!
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con

Postby TF_JW » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:17 pm

I guess this is where this goes... The third installment of the Beast Wars: Uprising prose stories is now on the Club site! Lots of new characters in this one as it explores a couple members of the Maximal Command Security Force and their role in the conflict between the rebels and the Builders.

bwu_3_prose_thumb.jpg
bwu_3_prose_thumb.jpg (43.63 KiB) Viewed 18434 times

Written by Jim Sorenson and David Bishop. Illustrations by Josh Burcham.

View the PDF on the Club homepage:
http://transformersclub.com/
TF_JW
Fuzor
News Credits: 33

Third Installment of TFCC Beast Wars: Uprising Prose Story Now Available

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Fans of the Transformers Collectors' Club fiction will be happy to know that the third installment of the Beast Wars: Uprising prose story is now available free to read on the Club site. The story is written by Jim Sorenson and David Biship with illustrations by Josh Burcham.

TF_JW wrote:Lots of new characters in this one as it explores a couple members of the Maximal Command Security Force and their role in the conflict between the rebels and the Builders.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
And of course, because WHY NOT, Windblade.

I honestly hope to God that's just a cover cameo.
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Speed: 10
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Beardy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:00 am

If you read it, you will discover that it is not windblade....
Theres also a picture of a character within that looks like the Beast Hunters Bulkhead mold, but isn't Bulkhead.
Beardy
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:01 am

Beardy wrote:If you read it, you will discover that it is not windblade....
Theres also a picture of a character within that looks like the Beast Hunters Bulkhead mold, but isn't Bulkhead.
So in other words, it's following the Beast Wars: Uprising tradition of giving new body designs to preexisting characters based on preexisting toy designs that originally belonged to the toys of other characters.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Mad » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:28 pm

Motto: ""To do what I must""
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Any chance we might get a Club toy of Stiletto from a remold/repaint of Windblade?
Ultra Mad
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Armored truck

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 am

Ladies and gentlemen, Ask Vector Prime has given us our first official FEMALE Optimus Prime (and Scourge)! - https://www.facebook.com/AskVectorPrime/posts/712416625556977

Dear Vector Prime,
What universe were the Spychangers who were warped from their home universe and fought on the ice planet against Reptillion from?
Originally, they were from Viron 1103.12 Gamma. In this timeline, Optimus Prime downsized her troops after Sky-Byte inadvertently rendered nearly all energon on Earth toxic. At first, Megatron and the Predacons laughed at these smaller adversaries and applauded Sky-Byte's brilliance. He was more than happy to claim credit for his accident. However, a commando strike by Daytonus and X-Brawn soon rendered the Predacon's stockpile of uninfected Energon inert. The war ground down as they ran out of power. Only Scourge was able to use the Spy Changer upgrade on herself, and she alone was no match for the thirteen Autobot Spy Changers active on Earth.

This is the Universe 2003 Spychanger Optimus Prime from the OTFCC 2004 Voice Actor Drama, who was voiced Michelle Carolus.

The Scourge of this universe is also counted as female due to the cloned nature of the character.

"Viron 1103.12 Gamma" refers to the RiD 2001 universe witnessed in a space bridge portal seen in the Armada Dreamwave comic issue #17 "Worlds Collide, Part 4 of 4".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:25 pm

This Ask Vector Prime post is amazing! - https://www.facebook.com/AskVectorPrime/videos/716462811819025/

Dear Vector Prime,

Whatever became of Sky-Byte after Galvatron and the other Predacons and Decepticons were captured?
Dear Oceanic Observer.

Perhaps I should let him tell you in his own words.

Clicking above link plays a video recording of Peter Spellos in character as Sky-Byte answering the question of his fate following the 2001 Robots in Disguise cartoon. :-D

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Primal Sabbath » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:34 pm

So are we supposed to get some more Beast Wars Uprising prose fiction, or was Burning Bridges the last?
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con

Postby TF_JW » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:49 pm

There will be more Beast Wars Uprising prose starting next year!
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby Primal Sabbath » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:05 am

TF_JW wrote:There will be more Beast Wars Uprising prose starting next year!

Cool! Can't wait!
Primal Sabbath
Mini-Con

Postby TF_JW » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:09 pm

All of the past prose fiction has been re-added to the site. Available for everyone to read!

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/678022369026420736
http://transformersclub.com/TCCprose.cfm
TF_JW
Fuzor

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:57 pm

TF_JW wrote:All of the past prose fiction has been re-added to the site. Available for everyone to read!

https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/678022369026420736
http://transformersclub.com/TCCprose.cfm
WAAHAAHAAHOOOOOOOOEY!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Wait. The Dark Heart of Sandokan and The Razor's Edge (but which is still accessible via this link) are missing.

And Wreckers: Finale Part II is unclickable. Image

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Hero Alpha » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:51 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Thanks this was just what I needed to catch up on some old ones.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Convention and Event Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210495 34B (CA) Margevich (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 25RI (W) Costa (CA) Cahill"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1023IM387 3C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0923IM460 2E (CA) Reilly (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM896 (CA) Parel + Chuong"
TRANSFORMERS #1 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #1 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (CA) Tobolski + Versandi 230915I"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926Y"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON