This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:46 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
That Bot wrote:
Rated X wrote:Damn...

They tried everyone with that beautiful Mixmaster drawing. But in reality you get a toilet on wheels. :SICK:

I look at the new Mixmaster and I see..... a mixer-forward cement truck. If anybody's a toilet on wheels, it's Long Haul because he's a DUMP truck..... anybody? Anybody? Okay I'm sorry that was funnier in my head.

I laughed.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby RhA » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Rated X wrote:Damn...

They tried everyone with that beautiful Mixmaster drawing. But in reality you get a toilet on wheels. :SICK:

I look at the new Mixmaster and I see..... a mixer-forward cement truck. If anybody's a toilet on wheels, it's Long Haul because he's a DUMP truck..... anybody? Anybody? Okay I'm sorry that was funnier in my head.

I laughed.

Ditto.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
vectorA3 wrote:Metroplex was NOT exclusive to Costco. He was available at TRU. I think he was available at Target and walmart too, but I never saw him. I don't know why he wasn't more widely distributed. Maybe the scalpers snatched him too quickly at Target, wally and TRU, don't know.

Metroplex had his initial release through BBTS at BotCon, followed by retail at TRU.
He was then released to and sold by Amazon and HTS. Costco had him as a Christmas special item. Target did not carry him at all, regardless of what people or their website might have said. Wal*Mart.com did carry him, but the stores did not.

Mainly due to his size and price point. He was never exclusive to anyone, it's just that no one really wanted to carry him in a B&M store, aside from TRU. Considering how well he sold at their stores and the apparently limited numbers, it felt like he was an exclusive at least.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:19 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Autobot032 wrote:
vectorA3 wrote:Metroplex was NOT exclusive to Costco. He was available at TRU. I think he was available at Target and walmart too, but I never saw him. I don't know why he wasn't more widely distributed. Maybe the scalpers snatched him too quickly at Target, wally and TRU, don't know.

Metroplex had his initial release through BBTS at BotCon, followed by retail at TRU.
He was then released to and sold by Amazon and HTS. Costco had him as a Christmas special item. Target did not carry him at all, regardless of what people or their website might have said. Wal*Mart.com did carry him, but the stores did not.

Mainly due to his size and price point. He was never exclusive to anyone, it's just that no one really wanted to carry him in a B&M store, aside from TRU. Considering how well he sold at their stores and the apparently limited numbers, it felt like he was an exclusive at least.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we can expect a similar release for Devastator then.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:38 am

william-james88 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we can expect a similar release for Devastator then.

No problem. :)

If I remember correctly, it was stated at one of the shows that he is, in fact, NOT a TRU exclusive. Basically, whoever will carry him, they'll have 'em sell him. Problem is, as we've seen in 2013/14, none of the big box B&M retailers are willing to take a chance on him, aside from Costco in a last ditch effort to have something for the holiday season, and TRU, of course.

I'd say we can expect to mail order this guy or make a trip to our local TRU. I'd imagine Wally World and Target (pronounced Tar-zhay (in my circles) for craps and giggles) will again back out. From what I hear, TRU and Target are splitting the Power Rangers Legacy line and those are very expensive, and generally large, items. I can't imagine them giving Hasbro/Transformers the same courtesy.

I still don't understand why Wal*Mart will carry that ridiculous Ninja Turtles playset (roughly the same price point) and overstock on it (which did finally sell out, crazy!) but they won't have their stores carry a handful of Titan Class items. I always see PR selling like crazy, plenty of empty shelves and pegs through most show runs, but TFs? Oh, you'll always be able to find a Transformer here and there in the aisle. I know they tend to target the same (and also not) demographic, but it's just not working, at least not in my area. Transformers just aren't the big seller they were circa 2007.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:59 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Autobot032 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

No problem. :)

If I remember correctly, it was stated at one of the shows that he is, in fact, NOT a TRU exclusive. Basically, whoever will carry him, they'll have 'em sell him. Problem is, as we've seen in 2013/14, none of the big box B&M retailers are willing to take a chance on him, aside from Costco in a last ditch effort to have something for the holiday season, and TRU, of course.

I'd say we can expect to mail order this guy or make a trip to our local TRU. I'd imagine Wally World and Target (pronounced Tar-zhay (in my circles) for craps and giggles) will again back out. From what I hear, TRU and Target are splitting the Power Rangers Legacy line and those are very expensive, and generally large, items. I can't imagine them giving Hasbro/Transformers the same courtesy.

I still don't understand why Wal*Mart will carry that ridiculous Ninja Turtles playset (roughly the same price point) and overstock on it (which did finally sell out, crazy!) but they won't have their stores carry a handful of Titan Class items. I always see PR selling like crazy, plenty of empty shelves and pegs through most show runs, but TFs? Oh, you'll always be able to find a Transformer here and there in the aisle. I know they tend to target the same (and also not) demographic, but it's just not working, at least not in my area. Transformers just aren't the big seller they were circa 2007.

It's a non movie year, plain and simple. I've seen it happen every year after a movie.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby guarayakha » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 am

Has anyone seen this? Video by CautionLowSign from TFW

He's gonna friggin' huge! Those hands are about the size of a baby's! It's like Hasbro had a look at all the 3rd Party combiners, including Warbotron and then went "HA! See if you can get BIGGER than THIS!"
guarayakha
Targetmaster

Postby Ginrai Minor » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:51 am

Motto: "All will cease to function in time, peace will then exist."
Weapon: Sword of Fury
damn.....giants gonna look tiny next to these guys in robot mode. ugh to have 2 sets of constructicons or not??
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon
Watch Ginrai Minor on YouTube
Buy from Ginrai Minor on eBay
Strength: N/A
Speed: N/A

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:02 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Ginrai Minor wrote:damn.....giants gonna look tiny next to these guys in robot mode. ugh to have 2 sets of constructicons or not??

Not, keep Giant, at least most of his components- oh no, wait -ALL of his components have elbows.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Ginrai Minor wrote:damn.....giants gonna look tiny next to these guys in robot mode. ugh to have 2 sets of constructicons or not??

Get both. One to display with your classics collection and another to display with your MPs
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
william-james88 wrote:

Get both. One to display with your classics collection and another to display with your MPs

At least till Takara do proper Masterpiece releases for them in the near future.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Ginrai Minor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:19 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

At least till Takara do proper Masterpiece releases for them in the near future.

I love my giant and will always keep him!...probably will breakdown and get the Hasbro devy to stand with the mp's, I only have 6 mp figs, and only four are post mp-10, but they are all :CON: 8-}
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:20 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah. I hope we dont sound like buying Devastator is this trivial but if someone was willing to spend 400$ to get a 3rd party, 150$ for an authentic Hasbro devastator that fits with MPs doesnt sound like too much. One thing I can guarantee you, anyone who waits more than a year for Devastator will be paying through their nose for him. Might as well get him if you are not sure and then sell him for the same price you bought him a year later if you really dont like him.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:21 am

Ginrai Minor wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I love my giant and will always keep him!...probably will breakdown and get the Hasbro devy to stand with the mp's, I only have 6 mp figs, and only four are post mp-10, but they are all :CON: 8-}

So just the Seekers and Soundwave?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Ginrai Minor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:31 am

Indeed sir, a very insignificant mp line up compared to some. and I only have 3 not 4 post mp-10 figs, my B

Takara Soundwave
Acidstrom
Thundercracker
mp-03 Skywarp
Convoy sleep mode
20th anniversary mp-01(had him since I was 13!)

classics kinda rules my buying habits....especially 3rd party so I'm playing catch-up most of the time, plus I"m kinda salty I still haven't talked myself into a mp-10 mold yet.
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Ginrai Minor wrote:Indeed sir, a very insignificant mp line up compared to some. and I only have 3 not 4 post mp-10 figs, my B

Takara Soundwave
Acidstrom
Thundercracker
mp-03 Skywarp
Convoy sleep mode

classics kinda rules my buying habits....especially 3rd party so I'm playing catch-up most of the time, plus I"m kinda salty I still haven't talked myself into a mp-10 mold yet.

If it makes you feel any better, I have only five: Hasbro's MP01, Hasbro's Skywarp, MP11 Starscream, Prowl, and MP10.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Ginrai Minor » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 am

Mindmaster wrote:
Ginrai Minor wrote:Indeed sir, a very insignificant mp line up compared to some. and I only have 3 not 4 post mp-10 figs, my B

Takara Soundwave
Acidstrom
Thundercracker
mp-03 Skywarp
Convoy sleep mode

If it makes you feel any better, I have only five: Hasbro's MP01, Hasbro's Skywarp, MP11 Starscream, Prowl, and MP10.

but you do have mp-10 ;)
Ginrai Minor
Vehicon

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:14 am

Takara Soundwave
Acidstrom
Thundercracker
mp-03 Skywarp
Convoy sleep mode

I dont have many either, I find them very pricey and not always worth what I pay (for the seekers for instance). I did get MP 10 though simply because now is when he is at his cheapest in years for the takara version since he's being rereleased. Once this run goes, he will go back to his insane 400$+ pricetag (which he is not worth).

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:37 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Now that I'm caught up on IDW, I wonder if devestator will have the option of removing scrapper, placing book as a foot, and later on we will get a prowl figure to go as the head?
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:04 am

Ironhidensh wrote:Now that I'm caught up on IDW, I wonder if devestator will have the option of removing scrapper, placing book as a foot, and later on we will get a prowl figure to go as the head?

I remember reading somewhere that they designed this set to keep the Constructicons as we know them and that any Prowl integration has not been kept in mind during the design phase, making his appearance as a part of the team in toy form probably a no go. He'd have to be Voyager Class to make it work.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:40 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Autobot032 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Now that I'm caught up on IDW, I wonder if devestator will have the option of removing scrapper, placing book as a foot, and later on we will get a prowl figure to go as the head?

I remember reading somewhere that they designed this set to keep the Constructicons as we know them and that any Prowl integration has not been kept in mind during the design phase, making his appearance as a part of the team in toy form probably a no go. He'd have to be Voyager Class to make it work.

:-(

Well darn, I want a prowlestator. Hopefully a 3rd party steps up.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:31 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hasbro could always release titan prowlastator next year as a retool ;) in cases like this, that I'm glad that third party companies exist, a prowl head will be very simple to do
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby SkyWarpt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 am

Motto: "Having kids…the perfect excuse to be a kid"
Weapon: Scatter Blaster
Did anyone notice preorders up for Devastator? http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transform ... tator-set/
SkyWarpt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Buy from SkyWarpt on eBay
Strength: 9
Intelligence: N/A
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:58 am

SkyWarpt wrote:Did anyone notice preorders up for Devastator? http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transform ... tator-set/

Woah, its a bit overpriced. The MSRP is 149.99 and he is to sell in canada at toysrus for 179.99 (Not 199.99). People are getting a bit greedy with this guy.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 pm

william-james88 wrote:
SkyWarpt wrote:Did anyone notice preorders up for Devastator? http://www.agesthreeandup.com/transform ... tator-set/

Woah, its a bit overpriced. The MSRP is 149.99 and he is to sell in canada at toysrus for 179.99 (Not 199.99). People are getting a bit greedy with this guy.

Hoping the BBTS price is much lower than this. :shock:
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #28 var connecting Marvel Comics 2022 (CA) Lashley"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Motion Picture ECHOES #2 Cvr C RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2C 2RI (CA) Alvarado"
Star Trek Motion P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DAY OF BLOOD SHAXS BEST DAY #1 Cvr B IDW Comics JUL231222 1B (CA) Cook"
Star Trek DAY OF B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAR231620 8A (A/CA) Feehan (W) Kelly +Lanzing"
STAR TREK #8 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #10 Marvel Comics 2021 JAN210713 (CA) De Iulis"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HYPERSPACE STORIES #9 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAY231302 9B (CA) Nord"
Star Wars HYPERSPA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK HOLO-WEEN #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231403 4B (CA) Price"
STAR TREK HOLO-WEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic TRAIL SHADOWS #3 Marvel Comics 2021 OCT210951 (CA) Lopez"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230258 12B (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK MIRROR WAR #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210476 2B (CA) Madriaga"
STAR TREK MIRROR W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #3 var Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220992 (CA) Giangiordano"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK YEAR FIVE #24 IDW Comics 2021 APR210665 (CA) Thompson"
STAR TREK YEAR FIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #5 Cvr A IDW Comics APR231578 5A (CA) Unzueta (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON