This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Postby Convoy » Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 pm

When I saw the Hasbro retail Devy with the visor I was half hoping the visor would be retractable. Now I see the SDCC Devy with two eyes and I'm torn. The TakTom version teases the visor so I guess there's still hope for a retractable visor. I doubt it though.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Solrac333 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 pm

So glad I have my Hercules.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Convoy wrote:When I saw the Hasbro retail Devy with the visor I was half hoping the visor would be retractable. Now I see the SDCC Devy with two eyes and I'm torn. The TakTom version teases the visor so I guess there's still hope for a retractable visor. I doubt it though.

I think Takara-Tomy will just go with the visor version of the head sculpt. Even though in the original cartoon, Devastator's face would just randomly switch between the visor and the two eyes look within the same episodes, I'm pretty sure Takara considers the visor look the "correct" version of the character. They made a brand new sculpt of THAT version for the Encore 20A "Anime Devastator" released a few years ago.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Tsutsukakushi » Thu May 21, 2015 11:08 pm

Think all the chrome paint on these Titan Constructicons highlight and maximize all of the flaws these toys have.
Tsutsukakushi
City Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Regimus Prime » Fri May 22, 2015 12:08 am

And I have my tickets for Thursday through Sunday for SDCC. I can't wait to get my hands on this. I was able to get the first two combiners (Menasor and Superion) and this one will also go great with my G1 Devastator gift set. :CON:
Regimus Prime
Minibot

Postby HBGoo1984 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:40 am

Motto: ""If I can design it, anyone can build it!""
Weapon: Laser Pistol
If only they would sell the Constructicons separately next year.
HBGoo1984
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Flying SUV
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:45 am

HBGoo1984 wrote:If only they would sell the Constructicons separately next year.

Really?!?

Why would that be desirable??

One of my biggest pet Peeves is having half-completed combiners standing on the shelf. I hate hunting around 'hoping' to find that last arm/leg.

For me, if I don't have the whole combiner, I may as well not have any. I've felt that way since I only had Motormaster back in the 80's...

I love the boxed set method.

(on a separate note... releasing as a box set first, THEN selling them separate... Talk about peg warming. I have a hard time picturing THAT many people who will be picking up singles after the box set was already out for a year...
phantom1592
Fuzor
Buy from phantom1592 on eBay

Postby King Kuuga » Fri May 22, 2015 1:17 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Silly wrote:Do you think SDCC Devastator will be more expensive that retail Devy?

Limited run, more paint apps and chrome detailing? You bet it's going to be more expensive.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby noctorro » Fri May 22, 2015 2:29 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Even though in the original cartoon, Devastator's face would just randomly switch between the visor and the two eyes look within the same episodes,

I always hated that, sometimes the bots were just drawn awesome & a few episodes terrible.

I'm going for the retail, I love the visor.

And my Hercules is going on marktplaats (local dutch Ebay like website)

My second last third party figure.
But I do think I'll always keep that third party Onslaught for Fall Of Cybertron Bruticus. Hasbro/Takara will never fix that guy.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Devastator In-Hand Images With Size Comparisons

Postby Autobot032 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:32 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Thanks to fellow fan and collector Johnny Lau over on Weibo, we have several in-hand images of the upcoming Titan Class Devastator to share with you!

...including size comparisons! Considering he's 18 inches tall and most of the other Combiner Wars combiners are roughly a foot tall at or around 12 inches tall, he dwarfs them by quite a bit. He's a massive beast and looks to be well worth the $150.00 asking price.

Without further ado, the images in question, comparisons and all:

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:35 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Great googley-moogly....
phantom1592
Fuzor

Postby Autobot032 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:37 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
phantom1592 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Great googley-moogly....

Indeed, good sir.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:42 am

And to think some people were saying that the Autobots were getting too much love in CW...

They still look outnumbered to me! :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:
phantom1592
Fuzor

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Fri May 22, 2015 3:00 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Ravage XK » Fri May 22, 2015 3:02 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Have to admit that Devastator looks pretty good in those photos.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby RhA » Fri May 22, 2015 3:19 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Cleanup on isle 4, I soiled myself.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 22, 2015 3:19 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Yeah I'm not a fan of Devs but he certainly looks much more worth the money there even if just counting for size. Didn't realise how much he looks the other Combiners look so tiny. Not sure I really get the logic behind that, like he was the first one created and then later both factions decided on smaller Combiners? Doesn't seem an impressive way round but hey.

I'd be interested in a CW Predaking though. Probably not this size as I don't go for the large figures (or have the shelf space) but I'd like a proper affordable update of the Predacons cos I always thought they looked the coolest in general appearance, colour scheme and alt-modes.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Killraven » Fri May 22, 2015 3:22 am

He looks so awesome. Would love to see a Predaking or Abominus that size.
Killraven
Mini-Con

Postby Ironzeus » Fri May 22, 2015 3:24 am

I'm hoping there some articulation in the knees and hips on Devastator, my shelf only has 17 inches of height... i don't want to have to do construction on a new shelf for the constructicons.
Ironzeus
Mini-Con

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 22, 2015 3:24 am

phantom1592 wrote:Really?!?

Smoe people might find it more affordable to buy each member seperately rather than all at once cos at least you have a toy while you're waiting to buy the next one. Certainly it was that way for me when I was a kid and someone bought me Brawl for my birthday and so steadily I saved up for each of the other Combaticons and it was a nice sense of 'achievement' once I got them all.

Others may only want a particular member of the team cos the character itself is a favourite of theirs and they don't want to pay the extra money for more toys they don't really want and have no intention of combining. I feel that way about certain teams both combiner and non-combiner. I'm not that much of a collector that I feel the need to buy things just for the sake of collecting.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby phantom1592 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:35 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
phantom1592 wrote:Really?!?

I'm not that much of a collector that I feel the need to buy things just for the sake of collecting.

Ohhh I understand that concept. I get my favorites, but have never been a completest before. So far the only CW I have is superion and that started as a whim. Ultra prime and Stunticons I'm passing on. Along with anything Legends size.

However, with Combiners I really never see them as 'individual' figures. They were the team. Even if I only had one (like Motormaster) I would have to get THAT whole team just to use the part to it's fullest potential.

If there was only one I wanted... I'd probably hit Ebay or something.. I just don't see individuals selling really well...
phantom1592
Fuzor

Postby fenrir72 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:42 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
So there are two Devs. Visor eyed and separated optics. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Ironzeus » Fri May 22, 2015 3:46 am

noctorro wrote:I'm going for the retail, I love the visor.

I'm banking on getting the SDCC Devastator and hoping a 3rd party makes a clip on visor, possibly a glowy one like they did for MP20 Wheeljack's ears.
Ironzeus
Mini-Con

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 22, 2015 3:49 am

phantom1592 wrote:However, with Combiners I really never see them as 'individual' figures. They were the team. Even if I only had one (like Motormaster) I would have to get THAT whole team just to use the part to it's fullest potential.

If there was only one I wanted... I'd probably hit Ebay or something.. I just don't see individuals selling really well...

Yeah I can see eBay being useful where people may buy Combiner sets for the idea of selling each member individually and making a bit of a profit those fans who just want a particular member or need to replace a broken one.

Some characters in the teams stand out for me more than others. I think this may be because I grew up with the Marvel UK comics and from time to time you'd get a bit of extra characterisation on a member who isn't there with his whole team and maybe you end up liking the character more for that (for example when Blades took on Megatron (or what we thought was Megatron at the time) in London with the assistance of Action Force. Or people like Swindle's personality from cartoon and comics where he's a con-artist and salesman and that gives him a bit more uniqueness amongst combiner members. Friend of mine had Swoop and Divebomb purely because of their battle in the Marvel UK story about Divebomb having been originally Swoop's name in it. Even though the other Dinobots and Predacons were in that story it was mainly about those two characters and my friend didn't own any of the others in those teams.

This is similar to reasons why I get a bit annoyed with simple repaints and minor retools where totally unrelated characters or even arch-nemesis' of a sort end up with the same mold. The characters feel like they lose their individuality. The toys are obviously the main focus of the brand but often it's the characterization in the fiction that helps sell them. Even a crappy TF figure can be helped by that.

Ok I pretty much babbled there you get what I mean. Some of us TF fans like to have the whole set of something, other TF fans just want their fave characters. =)

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ptg Cvr B Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249149 (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr J LTD virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240114 2J (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Q 1:10 Line Art Dynamite Comics DEC230220 1Q (CA) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr T 1:30 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240207 3T Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr S 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240123 2S (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr O 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240119 2O (CA) Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZG FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247377 2ZG (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210313 4B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230206 1C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr N metal premium Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230217 1N Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr G foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240111 2G (CA) Parrillo"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr P 1:20 Line Art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240203 3P Lee + Chung"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON