This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Combiner Wars Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:God, the arts as bad as the one's on my deck of cards :HEADHURTS:

Done on the cheap thanks to Sunbow. But back then, it was like a masterpiece :lol:
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby durroth » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 pm

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
At first I was like "SDCC Devy is all shiny and chrome. WITNESS HIM!"

then Takara showed their version and I looked at SDCC Devy again and was like "Mediocre!"
durroth
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
My two cents:
I don't need any "shiny" parts on my figures... Most of the time I don't mind them, but it depends on the application.
With SDCC Devastator, I think it almost clashes with the rest of the figure, specifically the other reg. purple areas.
The way light reflects off it creates a much lighter color...
It reminds me of the red-violet (I'm calling it "raspberry") on Hasbro's Dragstrip.
Even with additional paint apps, between this shiny issue, and the lack of gray/silver on the forehead,
I would never say the SDCC version is better than Hasbro's.

And IF TT's version is better, it's not by much.

Yeah, I'd like a set of guns for the individual bots, but even if that never happens,
I won't regret sticking with the Hasbro version.
I absolutely love the look of Hook and Scrapper enough... I don't need them to be holding a gun to enjoy them!!!
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Generations Devastator - So Big It Needs Its Own Thread

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:The Hasbro version is a little shaky backwards since they didn't paint the details aside from the black windows and stacks, but the Takara Tomy version should look pretty good backwards with all the truck details painted in.

Eh... those aren't windows. Those are the vents for the engine that rotates the drum. It's not a second cab.

Takara Tomy is definitely treating it like a second cab.

They even painted the bar between the windows to look like Mixmaster's single cab window.

Emerje

the extra detail on the foot to make it look like a cab is enough on its own to make me prefer this version over the others, the added elbows on the smaller guys that needed them and the little black weapons for each constucticon is an added bonus 8)
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Last edited by Sabrblade on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sowndwave76 wrote:My two cents:
I don't need any "shiny" parts on my figures... Most of the time I don't mind them, but it depends on the application.
With SDCC Devastator, I think it almost clashes with the rest of the figure, specifically the other reg. purple areas.
The way light reflects off it creates a much lighter color...
It reminds me of the red-violet (I'm calling it "raspberry") on Hasbro's Dragstrip.
Even with additional paint apps, between this shiny issue, and the lack of gray/silver on the forehead,
I would never say the SDCC version is better than Hasbro's.

And IF TT's version is better, it's not by much.

Yeah, I'd like a set of guns for the individual bots, but even if that never happens,
I won't regret sticking with the Hasbro version.
I absolutely love the look of Hook and Scrapper enough... I don't need them to be holding a gun to enjoy them!!!

I do not think I will regret the Hasbro version either man. :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:

:shock: I'm caving under the pressure of resisting TT's Devastator. It's almost painful now, knowing all of these changes exist;

On an somewhat unrelated note, does anybody know what the point conversion is for sites like tfsource? is it 1 point = $1? Figure if I can't go through the likes of amiami, I might as well get a ton of points from this behemoth.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Combiner Wars Devastator Listed On Wal*Mart's Smartphone App, But Not The Website

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:53 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
For a while there, it seemed like everyone but Wal*Mart was getting Combiner Wars Devastator, but that's about to change! Wal*Mart's website has Devastator listed...but there's a catch, one that is a bit confusing, seeing as it's only on their mobile website via the smartphone app and not the actual .com, currently. (If anyone reading this knows of a method to make it work with the actual website, please contact the news staff asap so we can correct this and link people to it. Thank you in advance.)

With the news that even Target had posted a solicitation for the upcoming green and purple behemoth, I'm guessing that if you're anything like me, you were wondering when Wal*Mart might post it, so on a whim I decided to scan the UPC with the Android app and sure enough it popped up on my screen. (The images are mirrored below.) Problem is, no matter how you search for it, either by name or the Wal*Mart number, it just will not show up on the .com website. I'm sure that will change as we come closer to the release date, which is anywhere between July 29th (according to TRU) and August 1st according to Entertainment Earth and Amazon.

Until then, check out the mobile app's listing for the Constructicon set, as well as a price confirmation of $149.96

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:55 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:All the known changes made to Takara Devastator compared to Hasbro's retail version:

Stop it already Sabr! I'm already in love with this :x , the pre order wait makes it even more difficult :lol: !
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Endurance: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:57 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Hellscream9999 wrote:

:shock: I'm caving under the pressure of resisting TT's Devastator. It's almost painful now, knowing all of these changes exist;

On an somewhat unrelated note, does anybody know what the point conversion is for sites like tfsource? is it 1 point = $1? Figure if I can't go through the likes of amiami, I might as well get a ton of points from this behemoth.
put it this way how much extra are you willing to pay for all the extra stuff saberblade listed and how much is takara.tommy's version over hasbro's ?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Ultra Markus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

put it this way how much extra are you willing to pay for all the extra stuff saberblade listed and how much is takara.tommy's version over hasbro's ?

Well, it was more like I wasn't going to get any at all, and deal with not getting one. But I think I am gonna have to pick up TT's :HEADHURTS:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Treetop Maximus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:19 am

Motto: "At least the opening was good."
Weapon: Railgun
I don't think I could ever order from Walmart again. I ordered a PS3 from them and they shipped it to me in a box twice its size without bothering to pad it out at all. The thing was just rattling around in there.
Hirasawa Yui is the one truth of this world.
Treetop Maximus
Targetmaster
Watch Treetop Maximus on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:06 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
:twisted:
20150702_175913.jpg
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby prjkt » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:08 am

Motto: "What'd I miss?"
Weapon: Laser Pistol
Enjoy my northern countryman
prjkt
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby brokenchopstick » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:50 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well, it was more like I wasn't going to get any at all, and deal with not getting one. But I think I am gonna have to pick up TT's :HEADHURTS:

TT does seem like such a leap in quality, but without knowing the price - and whether or not I'd be able to get my hands on one - I'm still going to go with the Hasbro version for now.

(Maybe I'll just keep it mint in box and, should I be able to get hold of a TT Devy, just sell the Hasbrostator on?)
brokenchopstick
Micromaster

Postby noctorro » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:48 am

No, just NO!
Why is Takara making such great adjustments to the mold?
No I have to wait for that, and I was eager to get Devastator asap.
This is major reltooling, but they went crazy with the extra combiner figures, especially Groove.
Why aren't Hasbro & Takara on the same page?
Is anyone still getting the SDCC version at all?
Elbow joints, other weapons, it's a big deal.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby mlwarren0 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:38 am

Big Bad Toy Store has pre-orders up for Takara's version.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
mlwarren0
Mini-Con

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:48 am

mlwarren0 wrote:Big Bad Toy Store has pre-orders up for Takara's version.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Nice! That's way cheaper than I would expect.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:02 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I have to say, this is an incredibly well engineered figure/figures.

When I first broke them out of the box my first thought was "damn these seem like upscaled KO's". Simply because of their size.

But then I got to transforming them. A couple are simplistic, others require a bit more work. But all that is because of how things come together.

Scrapper and Mixmaster connections to Long Haul is rather simplistic, basically just plug them in.

Connecting Hook to Long Haul requires lining up and plugging in five different points. Suffice to say, they hold well together.

Bonecrusher and Scavenger are just one point connections, solid connections though.

The hardest part I found though was the chest shield as this plugs into Bonecrusher and Scavengers treads, two points on Hook and two clips onto Long Haul.

Whichever version you go with, be it as soon as you can ... paint apps, or knees and elbows, you really won't be disappointed. They've done a fantastic job with the Constructicons.

Now my problem is ... for the first time in years I actually have a reason to contribute to the End of Year Round-Up, and it's going to be hard to decide between Ultra Magnus and Devastator.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:11 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
fenrir72 wrote:

Stop it already Sabr! I'm already in love with this :x , the pre order wait makes it even more difficult :lol: !

Now here is the big question, it is worth the newly revealed 224.99 price tag?

Because to me, it isn't, at all. It's the superior version sure, but 75$ for a bit of paint, a new head, some guns and a better joints is a bit much. And you all know the shipping will be a pain in the ass. If it is anywhere close to that when amiami or hlj comes around to posting their preorders, I will just wait for a discount on the hasbro version and call it a day.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 am

By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Moosey » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:21 am

Motto: "Join the church of Alpha Bravo today!"
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Burn wrote:I have to say, this is an incredibly well engineered figure/figures.

When I first broke them out of the box my first thought was "damn these seem like upscaled KO's". Simply because of their size.

But then I got to transforming them. A couple are simplistic, others require a bit more work. But all that is because of how things come together.

Scrapper and Mixmaster connections to Long Haul is rather simplistic, basically just plug them in.

Connecting Hook to Long Haul requires lining up and plugging in five different points. Suffice to say, they hold well together.

Bonecrusher and Scavenger are just one point connections, solid connections though.

The hardest part I found though was the chest shield as this plugs into Bonecrusher and Scavengers treads, two points on Hook and two clips onto Long Haul.

Whichever version you go with, be it as soon as you can ... paint apps, or knees and elbows, you really won't be disappointed. They've done a fantastic job with the Constructicons.

Now my problem is ... for the first time in years I actually have a reason to contribute to the End of Year Round-Up, and it's going to be hard to decide between Ultra Magnus and Devastator.

Glad to hear that they are not disappointing!
I'm Back From The Grave.

Dragstrip and the Junkions, Cybertron's hit new Indy Rock Group
Moosey
Headmaster Jr
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby galvatron00 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:21 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Sweet merciful crap I don't know if I can do the $224.99 + shipping from BBTS. I figured shipping was gonna be $15 (dilusional!!). So $150-ish shipped for Hasbro, $180-ish shipped for SDCC, $240-ish shipped for Takara?! The "-ish" is accounting for tax/shipping. Wow. I guess I was figuring $10 more a figure vs. Hasbro. Not that it's a bad price, I'm just not sure I can swing that. I think I'm gonna go the Burn route and just buy this guy when I see him. He's amazing as is, the only time they'll be apart is in alt mode or in bot mode for a recreation of the shuttle massacre from TF:TM :)
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby dragons » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:23 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:With Devastator, I don't even know what "G1 accurate" is. Sabrblade has put up like 400 screen grabs, and he's different in each one! :lol:
Well, I s'pose we could go to the source:

So hasbro version is more screen accurate Takara have more detail with elbows I chose Takara for detail paint elbows I can live without on each single bot
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:28 am

It Is Him wrote:By the way, BigBad sent out an e-mail yesterday saying that Hasbro Devastator will arrive there in 7-10 business days.

I still have one and you don'tttttttttttt
Burn
Forum Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe complete Hasbro 2013 230615A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot OPTIMUS PRIME action figure Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2015"
Feature Bot OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 1-Step One Target 2015 211112A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers TCG BUMBLEBEE VS. MEGATRON Set 2-Player Starter Set (44 Cards) New"
Transformers TCG B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of BUMBLEBEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221658 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE + CHEETOR + OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Buzzworthy Cyberverse 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE + CHEETO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion Class 2013 NEW"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit Trumpeter 2023 New"
SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark Moon Cyberverse Legion DOTM TRU 2011"
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBL ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON